PDA

View Full Version : ARCA race at Springfield ILL

Cardirt0
08-21-2016, 02:06 PM
This race use too have the Stands full .. Not to day .. Use to go to this race.Live now on Csn ..NBC

Cardirt0
08-21-2016, 02:29 PM
Unzicker running in 8 place

cgrace
08-21-2016, 02:32 PM
was wonderin if Pierce hadtried to get a ride 4 springfield? not afan but thought hed do goodthere.

old fan
08-21-2016, 02:42 PM
What would be the point

Cardirt0
08-21-2016, 02:43 PM
Unzicker Up to 3rd

Cardirt0
08-21-2016, 02:55 PM
24 still in 3rd with 20 to go

Cardirt0
08-21-2016, 03:02 PM
24 too 2nd with 12 to go

Cardirt0
08-21-2016, 03:10 PM
24 going for 1st Big crash 24 to 1st Go Unzicker

Cardirt0
08-21-2016, 03:13 PM
98 1st 24 2nd 2 too go

Cardirt0
08-21-2016, 03:15 PM
To think 2 days a go 1/3 of the track was under water Sarge did one He!! of a job too get the race in...

Cardirt0
08-21-2016, 03:19 PM
24 got 3rd stating on the out side Killed him

slydejob18
08-21-2016, 03:22 PM
Nice work by Unzicker. Yes, if someone was gonna make it happen, leave it to Sarge to get it ready.

I too remember full grandstands in the past.....and many great times in the infield as well. Glad they had good weather today.

Go 18!!

gumby_32d
08-21-2016, 03:39 PM
It would be nice to see the fall nationals make a comeback there, but I think it will never happen. It was always a great Sunday afternoon of racing

old fan
08-21-2016, 03:40 PM
You got that esp after the 2 day show at i55

dirtyboy
08-21-2016, 06:29 PM
We were at Springfield today, been there for the ARCA race many times and today was the most people I have ever seen in the stands. Decent race to watch, Unzicker had a real chance to win it.

CIRF
08-22-2016, 07:20 PM
I am very reluctant to post on this subject but I will go ahead and do it against my better judgement. Many of the hard core dirt late model people that post here are extremely provincial and tribal to the point of paranoia thus the reluctance. Here goes.

I too, was in the grandstands at Springfield yesterday and for the most part it was a good race, at least the second half of it was. It was somewhat good to see Unzicker get a decent finish but it came with a price to another competitor, Josh Williams, who is in the heat of a points battle with Chase Briscoe. Unzicker hooked Williams into the turn 3 wall and completely destroyed Williams' car. On the wide screen video boards in the infield it looked rather blatant. The crowd was hugely partisan towards the locals Kovski, Unzicker, and to a bit of a lesser degree A.J. Fike. I can't imagine the uproar if one of the ARCA regulars had hooked one of those 3 guys into the wall for no apparent reason.

Even the winner, Justin Haley, said straight out that Williams got dumped and that he felt bad for him during his winners circle interview. However, Unzicker made no mention of the incident during his post race interview.

One last thing about the Unzicker-Williams incident. Unzicker might had better keep his head on a swivel at Du Quoin in 12 days. From what we heard in the pits after the race there were a lot of folks that weren't at all enthralled with how the deal in turn 3 came down. Not sayin', just sayin'.

Cardirt0
08-22-2016, 08:06 PM
CIRF on tv it looked like he got pushed out .. and did not then give in too him.. I though it was 2 drivers not giving and 1 lost out..I did not think Unzicker was in the right... But did not think he was all his fault ether.. If Unzicker had Backed out of it he would have lost 4 or 5 spots...just my take...

ptown
08-22-2016, 08:24 PM
Looked like Williams ran him pretty wide going into the turn.

Cardirt0
08-22-2016, 08:51 PM
Looked like Williams ran him pretty wide going into the turn.

Thats what i though too.....

CIRF
08-23-2016, 09:02 AM
CIRF on tv it looked like he got pushed out .. and did not then give in too him.. I though it was 2 drivers not giving and 1 lost out..I did not think Unzicker was in the right... But did not think he was all his fault ether.. If Unzicker had Backed out of it he would have lost 4 or 5 spots...just my take...Gary, we only paid attention to the replay on the jumbotron replay a couple of times so I may well have misinterpreted what we saw. American Sports Network will post an internet replay of the race sometime this week and we'll take a look at it then. I may well be way off base in my interpretation of what I saw and possibly Unzicker had no choice but to turn Williams. However, the mood in the pit area after the race was unmistakable. The saddest part is that Williams is a good driver with a shoe string racing budget. He owns his own team with no developmental money like the Cunningham team that Briscoe drives for and some others. He could ill afford to lose a car, especially as a result of an altercation with a guy that runs just 2 races a year.

On another aspect of the race, Jake Griffin, the kid from Quincy, Illinois, was probably the fastest car on the track the last half of the race but got screwed by the double file restarts. Griffin drove a calm, heady race and then got stuck on the outside of a late restart only to have it all go down the drain. The double file restarts are generally a good thing but on the mile dirt tracks they should wave that policy. Frank Kimmel got screwed by the double file restarts at Du Quoin in a similar fashion last Labor Day. Late in the race Frank restarted 2nd and ended up 6th or 7th.

Looked like Williams ran him pretty wide going into the turn.ptown, you might well be correct. Looking forward to seeing the video when it becomes available.

Tanner Thorson, driving for Venturini Motorsports, had a rough first half of the 100 miler but recovered to a decent finish of 12th. It was evident that he'd never had to pit a racecar during a race but his car control and smoothness was very good, especially going from midgets to a full sized stock car. Hope he gets to drive the same car at Du Quoin, I think the result might be a considerably better.

Cardirt0
08-23-2016, 10:39 AM
CIRF I record it and went Back and replayed it meany times.. I Just me ...Thinks,,,,, it looks like he was pushed out And 24 did what he had too do too keep his spot...A nice gut may of let him have it .. I would have done what 24 did .. I like clean racing...Its like all things what one persons see is not what someone else sees...I may be wrong .. But I am going with the 24 did what he had too do.. Have a nice day ... I realty enjoyed the race Hat of too Sarge too get this race in....

bullring
08-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Keep us posted when they air a replay. I looked for it Sunday but couldn't find it.

CIRF
08-23-2016, 12:45 PM
CIRF I record it and went Back and replayed it meany times.. I Just me ...Thinks,,,,, it looks like he was pushed out And 24 did what he had too do too keep his spot...A nice gut may of let him have it .. I would have done what 24 did .. I like clean racing...Its like all things what one persons see is not what someone else sees...I may be wrong .. But I am going with the 24 did what he had too do.. Have a nice day ... I realty enjoyed the race Hat of too Sarge too get this race in....Gary, I don't doubt your interpretation of the incident in the least. I was going solely on what we could see on the jumbo-tron and it was all the way across the track so it is entirely possible that we may not have been able to get the feel of what actually happened. What was being said after the race in the pits didn't sound as if too many were giving Unzicker the benefit of the doubt.

You may be entirely correct but if I was Unzicker in less than two weeks I'd be aware of who's running next to, or right behind at Du Quoin at all times! LOL!!

I will echo your sentiments, Gary. The task of putting this race on was monumental, to say the least. Sarge, ARCA and the fairgrounds crew are to be highly commended.

Keep us posted when they air a replay. I looked for it Sunday but couldn't find it.bullring, keep in mind for the rest of this season some of the ARCA races will be streamed free on the American Sports Network website. So, even if you don't get ASN you can still watch some of the races for free, as was the case for the Springfield ARCA race.

I'll post and PM you when the Springfield race is available for viewing on the ASN website.

Cardirt0
08-23-2016, 03:41 PM
I will echo your sentiments, Gary. The task of putting this race on was monumental, to say the least. Sarge, ARCA and the fairgrounds crew are to be highly commended.

A lot of people may not know this 2 days be for this race a lot of Cars and campers were under water at the Fair grounds.. 1/3 of the track was under water...they did not get the Sprint race in.... BUT the fact the got a race in Is amazing ....

CIRF
08-23-2016, 05:42 PM
A lot of people may not know this 2 days be for this race a lot of Cars and campers were under water at the Fair grounds.. 1/3 of the track was under water...they did not get the Sprint race in.... BUT the fact the got a race in Is amazing ....The flooding you speak of took place on Friday night August 12th and race weekend at The State Fair was the 20th & 21st of August so the flood was the week before. We got to the fairgrounds on Tuesday afternoon with the camper and camped on the fairgrounds until the Monday morning after the ARCA race. All the water damaged campers and vehicles were pretty much gone when we got down to Springfield on Tuesday afternoon. I think there was 1 camper that had been in the water that we saw while walking to and from the campgrounds to the fair.

Gary, the cars that were rained out on Saturday were Silver Crown cars, not sprint cars. Big difference between sprint cars and Silver Crown cars.

As you said, the USAC Silver Crown race that was to be run on Saturday was cancelled. It rained from about 7 AM until around 7:30 AM Saturday and Sarge called it before 8 AM Saturday morning. The infield of the track had standing water on about half of it.

Cardirt0
08-24-2016, 12:11 AM
The flooding you speak of took place on Friday night August 12th and race weekend at The State Fair was the 20th & 21st of August so the flood was the week before. We got to the fairgrounds on Tuesday afternoon with the camper and camped on the fairgrounds until the Monday morning after the ARCA race. All the water damaged campers and vehicles were pretty much gone when we got down to Springfield on Tuesday afternoon. I think there was 1 camper that had been in the water that we saw while walking to and from the campgrounds to the fair.

Gary, the cars that were rained out on Saturday were Silver Crown cars, not sprint cars. Big difference between sprint cars and Silver Crown cars.

As you said, the USAC Silver Crown race that was to be run on Saturday was cancelled. It rained from about 7 AM until around 7:30 AM Saturday and Sarge called it before 8 AM Saturday morning. The infield of the track had standing water on about half of it.

May bad .. i just saw it on the news and though it was that day Still a lot of rain and water .. I know the Pit lane was still under water ...I heard it still was a lot of work... Thanks for strating me out on that...
Silver Crown or just bigger Sprint Cars (JOKE)

CIRF
08-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Silver Crown or just bigger Sprint Cars (JOKE)No harm no foul, Gary. But seriously, they may look somewhat similar but there is a huge difference.

Crown cars are limited to 355 c.i., sprint cars are allowed 410 c.i.

Crown cars have to weigh 1650 lbs. with the driver, sprint cars weigh in at 1350 lbs.

Crown cars must have a minimum wheelbase of 96", sprint cars wheelbase must not exceed 90".

Silver Crown tail tanks are generally 75 gallons and sprint car tail tanks are usually between 28 and 33 gallons.

The engine in a Silver Crown car is generally much further forward than a sprint car.

The horsepower of a Silver Crown engine runs in the neighborhood of 725, sprinter engines will dyno as high as 850 to 875 horsepower.

Silver Crown cars can be started with an external starter and they have a clutching system to enable them to get under way from a standing stop. Sprint cars can only be push started and have only an in-out box to disengage the driveline from the engine.

In addition, the Silver Crown cars routinely run 100 miles without fueling or changing the right rear. Sprint cars are lucky to be able to run 40 laps on a 1/2 mile without fueling.

It's the length of the races (100 miles in most cases) coupled with the fact that there are no pit stops and drivers have to manage their tires and changing track conditions that make Silver Crown races so appealing to me.

rc24
08-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Thanks CIRF ! Did not realize the motor was differnt

CIRF
08-24-2016, 08:52 AM
Thanks CIRF ! Did not realize the motor was differntMy pleasure rc!

Just another detail about the engines, both Silver Crown and 410 sprint car engines run mechanical fuel injection and both run on methanol alcohol.

Silver Crown engine cylinder blocks must be iron but can have aluminum heads. 410 sprint car engine blocks are aluminum. Silver Crown cars are required to run an engine configuration based on manufacturers specifications such as Chevrolet, Ford and there even have been some Mopar engines in Silver Crown cars. You don't have to use a genuine Chevrolet, Ford or Mopar engine block but all aftermarket engines have to conform to manufacturers engine specifications.

410 sprint car engines are a whole different animal except for the fuel delivery system.

Also, I just got corrected by my wife who is a rabid Silver Crown fan. I was mistaken on engine size. The Silver Crown engines can measure up to 360 c.i., not 355 c.i. as I previously posted.

Cardirt0
08-24-2016, 11:29 AM
No harm no foul, Gary. But seriously, they may look somewhat similar but there is a huge difference.

Crown cars are limited to 355 c.i., sprint cars are allowed 410 c.i.

Crown cars have to weigh 1650 lbs. with the driver, sprint cars weigh in at 1350 lbs.

Crown cars must have a minimum wheelbase of 96", sprint cars wheelbase must not exceed 90".

Silver Crown tail tanks are generally 75 gallons and sprint car tail tanks are usually between 28 and 33 gallons.

The engine in a Silver Crown car is generally much further forward than a sprint car.

The horsepower of a Silver Crown engine runs in the neighborhood of 725, sprinter engines will dyno as high as 850 to 875 horsepower.

Silver Crown cars can be started with an external starter and they have a clutching system to enable them to get under way from a standing stop. Sprint cars can only be push started and have only an in-out box to disengage the driveline from the engine.

In addition, the Silver Crown cars routinely run 100 miles without fueling or changing the right rear. Sprint cars are lucky to be able to run 40 laps on a 1/2 mile without fueling.

It's the length of the races (100 miles in most cases) coupled with the fact that there are no pit stops and drivers have to manage their tires and changing track conditions that make Silver Crown races so appealing to me.

You could say that a Crown car is a old Indy car on dirt .. Thomas bros in ludlow have one, known them for years.. Seen him run menny times at Springfield...His boy still runs a No wing sprint still good friends with him... Was a Sprint fan be for I was a late fan..I remember WoO ran 20 or more races in ILL when i was a Kid..went too a lot of them.. Crown cars ran at Champaign Fair Grounds back in the day..Thats why it said JOKE at the end of my post..I know that they not close... I have worked on them.....Was a Fan and friend of Doug Wolfgang back in the day...Gary Bettenhausen liked to run Crown cars...
Add......
Jan Opperman heard him say one time, it started when a dirt driver said lets put a roll cage on a old indy car and race it on dirt ....Its the old why toss something when you can use it some were else.. LOL

CIRF
08-24-2016, 01:40 PM
Add......
Jan Opperman heard him say one time, it started when a dirt driver said lets put a roll cage on a old indy car and race it on dirt ....Its the old why toss something when you can use it some were else.. LOLOne of the best championship dirt car drivers ever was from Champaign, Illinois. His name was Don Branson. Branson was one of the 2 or 3 best drivers ever to call Illinois home. He won the 1966 champ car race at The Springfield Mile.

There was a time when a roadster that had qualified for the Indy 500 would also be used at Springfield, Du Quoin, The Indy Mile, Syracuse, Sacramento and Langhorne. Even today many refer to the Silver Crown division as "The Big Cars". The are as close to the roadsters of yesteryear as any modern day racecar. I love them!

Jack Hewitt, who has more Silver Crown victories than anyone, said in his biography that Silver Crown cars are like a good corn fed gal who's a bit bigger than other girls. Ya' gotta' treat 'em a bit different than you would a slim, trim, lean and mean 410 sprint car kind of gal. I reckon ol' Jack would know, he won a bunch of races in both.

Cardirt0
08-24-2016, 03:47 PM
One of the best championship dirt car drivers ever was from Champaign, Illinois. His name was Don Branson. Branson was one of the 2 or 3 best drivers ever to call Illinois home. He won the 1966 champ car race at The Springfield Mile.

There was a time when a roadster that had qualified for the Indy 500 would also be used at Springfield, Du Quoin, The Indy Mile, Syracuse, Sacramento and Langhorne. Even today many refer to the Silver Crown division as "The Big Cars". The are as close to the roadsters of yesteryear as any modern day racecar. I love them!

Jack Hewitt, who has more Silver Crown victories than anyone, said in his biography that Silver Crown cars are like a good corn fed gal who's a bit bigger than other girls. Ya' gotta' treat 'em a bit different than you would a slim, trim, lean and mean 410 sprint car kind of gal. I reckon ol' Jack would know, he won a bunch of races in both.

Go back too the Indy wars Cart vs Indy cars ... They filled the field at the Indy 500, they used some S Crown too Fill the Field...I remember Don and Jack
I was 14 when Jack won that race... I had been racing Karts for 3 years by then.. Thats the year I started at Hedricks Mich Shop...Started helping D!ck on the Funny car..Drag time....Been racing or Help someone race for 50 years... Karts, dirt bikes, Funny cars, Crown cars, Sprint cars, Mods, Late Models.... Life was good.. i have helped a Lot of Winners...

D. Tidrow
08-24-2016, 11:32 PM
I am very reluctant to post on this subject but I will go ahead and do it against my better judgement. Many of the hard core dirt late model people that post here are extremely provincial and tribal to the point of paranoia thus the reluctance. Here goes.I too, was in the grandstands at Springfield yesterday and for the most part it was a good race, at least the second half of it was. It was somewhat good to see Unzicker get a decent finish but it came with a price to another competitor, Josh Williams, who is in the heat of a points battle with Chase Briscoe. Unzicker hooked Williams into the turn 3 wall and completely destroyed Williams' car. On the wide screen video boards in the infield it looked rather blatant. The crowd was hugely partisan towards the locals Kovski, Unzicker, and to a bit of a lesser degree A.J. Fike. I can't imagine the uproar if one of the ARCA regulars had hooked one of those 3 guys into the wall for no apparent reason. Even the winner, Justin Haley, said straight out that Williams got dumped and that he felt bad for him during his winners circle interview. However, Unzicker made no mention of the incident during his post race interview.One last thing about the Unzicker-Williams incident. Unzicker might had better keep his head on a swivel at Du Quoin in 12 days. From what we heard in the pits after the race there were a lot of folks that weren't at all enthralled with how the deal in turn 3 came down. Not sayin', just sayin'.Did anybody see Williams throw his steering wheel at Unzickers car? The steering wheel bounced off of Unzickers car and hit him in the face breaking his nose. Knocked him straight on his back. He was lucky he didn't get run over by the other cars when he fell on his back. That's why the ambulance was called over, not for the wreck but for the steering wheel incident.

CIRF
08-25-2016, 07:52 AM
Did anybody see Williams throw his steering wheel at Unzickers car? The steering wheel bounced off of Unzickers car and hit him in the face breaking his nose. Knocked him straight on his back. He was lucky he didn't get run over by the other cars when he fell on his back. That's why the ambulance was called over, not for the wreck but for the steering wheel incident.Nope, didn't see it.

Do you have a link that documents this happening? Love to see it if there is one.

Like I said earlier, Unzicker probably better have his head on a swivel at Du Quoin.

D. Tidrow
08-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Nope, didn't see it.Do you have a link that documents this happening? Love to see it if there is one.Like I said earlier, Unzicker probably better have his head on a swivel at Du Quoin.I will try to find one and post it. Definitely will make Du Quoin a little more interesting.

jetwind
08-27-2016, 07:01 AM
I will try to find one and post it. Definitely will make Du Quoin a little more interesting.

it healed fast then at tri city last nite he looked as usual in front of thestands during intro with his
helmet off ?

CIRF
08-27-2016, 08:58 AM
it healed fast then at tri city last nite he looked as usual in front of thestands during intro with his
helmet off ?Are you talking about Williams or Unzicker?

Cardirt0
08-27-2016, 10:26 AM
Are you talking about Williams or Unzicker?

I think hes speaking of Williams nose....

CIRF
08-27-2016, 01:17 PM
Williams races a late model in addition to the ARCA circuit?

reid boys
08-27-2016, 02:11 PM
https://youtu.be/LY2Ngi-Q1SQ

kidrock
08-27-2016, 04:07 PM
Well I did see the sterring wheel laying on the track and did see he had a bloody nose. So one could assume that he did throw his sterring wheel at Unzickers car and it did bounce off and hit Williams in the nose.

Cardirt0
08-27-2016, 04:39 PM
https://youtu.be/LY2Ngi-Q1SQ

Go too 1.36.40 Unz held his line I dont know there he could have gone and W.Drifted out some... I say that was hard racing... But how you can say that was 24 fault is be on me....

Cardirt0
08-27-2016, 04:40 PM
Well I did see the sterring wheel laying on the track and did see he had a bloody nose. So one could assume that he did throw his sterring wheel at Unzickers car and it did bounce off and hit Williams in the nose.

LOL I am sorry but thats like Punching your self in the Nose.....

kidrock
08-27-2016, 04:53 PM
LOL I am sorry but thats like Punching your self in the Nose.....

lol............................................... ...............

CIRF
08-27-2016, 06:04 PM
Go too 1.36.40 Unz held his line I dont know there he could have gone and W.Drifted out some... I say that was hard racing... But how you can say that was 24 fault is be on me....Gary, I haven't seen the video since we don't get ASN in our satellite package and ASN hasn't archived the Springfield ARCA race on their website as of yet. We were in the stands and the incident took place at an area of the track that is the furthest away from where we were setting so I can't comment one way or the other until the video is available.

I have no particular dog in the fight but what I do know is that several other drivers that were running close to the situation saw it as a situation that could have easily been avoided. The winner, Justin Haley, even went so far as to say Williams got "dumped" in the winners interview. That's all I know until the video becomes available.

kidrock
08-27-2016, 06:45 PM
CIRF, I saw the video and I can't say he dumped the guy at least not on purpose. I think it was more of a racing incident then it was anything else. Unzicker was going for the win and probably went in a little to hard and got sideways and was trying to get back in the grove and they made contact but, to say that he just dumped the guy I just didn't see it that way.

Reid boys posted the video on post #40

Cardirt0
08-27-2016, 07:22 PM
Gary, I haven't seen the video since we don't get ASN in our satellite package and ASN hasn't archived the Springfield ARCA race on their website as of yet. We were in the stands and the incident took place at an area of the track that is the furthest away from where we were setting so I can't comment one way or the other until the video is available.

I have no particular dog in the fight but what I do know is that several other drivers that were running close to the situation saw it as a situation that could have easily been avoided. The winner, Justin Haley, even went so far as to say Williams got "dumped" in the winners interview. That's all I know until the video becomes available.

Will I am saying From the Vid (not you)(see post 40) They are full of $hit...He more then crashed him self trying too pass the 24...... Williams moved up be for he was pass the 24 more then the 24 came down ....Jastin Halley How would he know from were he was it was so dusty how could he see...Looks like ARCA boys sticking like glue...
Last time I heard you dont have too give up your spot if your on the lead lap thats what the 24 did. Williams crashed him self... MY View...

Cardirt0
08-27-2016, 07:30 PM
I like too see some one put Unzicker in a ARCA car on a big track I think me may do well...

CIRF
08-27-2016, 09:01 PM
CIRF, I saw the video and I can't say he dumped the guy at least not on purpose. I think it was more of a racing incident then it was anything else. Unzicker was going for the win and probably went in a little to hard and got sideways and was trying to get back in the grove and they made contact but, to say that he just dumped the guy I just didn't see it that way.After looking at the video I'm inclined not to advocate one way or the other.

It's sad that Kovski probably won't be racing at Du Quoin. Kelly is an exciting driver in a full on stock car on dirt. It's a shame the car got hurt so bad.

Will I am saying From the Vid (not you)(see post 40) They are full of $hit...He more then crashed him self trying too pass the 24...... Williams moved up be for he was pass the 24 more then the 24 came down ....Jastin Halley How would he know from were he was it was so dusty how could he see...Looks like ARCA boys sticking like glue...
Last time I heard you dont have too give up your spot if your on the lead lap thats what the 24 did. Williams crashed him self... MY View...As far as the ARCA guys being full of $hit, I guess you could say it's all in the eye of the beholder. Also, I'd say Haley had a front row seat for that one, he saw the whole thing. I've been to every race ARCA has sanctioned at Springfield dating back to when ARCA took over the sanctioning from the old USAC stock car division in the mid 1980's and have seen a lot of strange and interesting things go on there. I really don't believe Williams wrecked all by himself, he had just a wee bit of help. And yes, the ARCA regulars are a tight group.

I have said it once and I'll say it again, Unzicker probably had better keep his head on a swivel at Du Quoin!! LOL! Not saying anyone in particular will be gunning him but if the opportunity presents itself he might find himself in a compromised position.

Du Quoin is just a week away and we'll be there if it doesn't get rained out. Unfortunately Du Quoin won't be on cable TV so you'll just have to take my word if there is an incident down there. LOL!!

Cardirt0
08-27-2016, 09:18 PM
After looking at the video I'm inclined not to advocate one way or the other.

It's sad that Kovski probably won't be racing at Du Quoin. Kelly is an exciting driver in a full on stock car on dirt. It's a shame the car got hurt so bad.

As far as the ARCA guys being full of $hit, I guess you could say it's all in the eye of the beholder. Also, I'd say Haley had a front row seat for that one, he saw the whole thing. I've been to every race ARCA has sanctioned at Springfield dating back to when ARCA took over the sanctioning from the old USAC stock car division in the mid 1980's and have seen a lot of strange and interesting things go on there. I really don't believe Williams wrecked all by himself, he had just a wee bit of help. And yes, the ARCA regulars are a tight group.

I have said it once and I'll say it again, Unzicker probably had better keep his head on a swivel at Du Quoin!! LOL! Not saying anyone in particular will be gunning him but if the opportunity presents itself he might find himself in a compromised position.

Du Quoin is just a week away and we'll be there if it doesn't get rained out. Unfortunately Du Quoin won't be on cable TV so you'll just have to take my word if there is an incident down there. LOL!!

You are right he needs to keep a eye out.. I still think it was just racing...and on Springfeild .. Some weird thing go on there for sure.. But it one of the best 1 mile track in the world.....

CIRF
08-27-2016, 10:02 PM
You are right he needs to keep a eye out.. I still think it was just racing...and on Springfeild .. Some weird thing go on there for sure.. But it one of the best 1 mile track in the world.....
Gary, the next lap I race in an ARCA car will be my first so I'm as qualified to comment on what happened as I am to perform neurosurgery. Having said that, what I think might have been in play is Unzicker could see if he stayed on the trajectory he was on he was going to be too far out of the groove and was either going to eat the wall or at the least get in the marbles. He might have felt as if he had no choice. If Williams hadn't got sideways off of 2 like Unzicker did he'd have been far enough in front that Unzicker wouldn't have been close enough to do any harm. If, if, if. LOL! All speculation on my part.

Jack Hewitt says that Springfield is the best 1 mile dirt track he ever raced on. Jack says it's the raciest of all the dirt miles. I reckon ol' Jack knows what he's talkin' about!!

Cardirt0
08-27-2016, 10:48 PM
Gary, the next lap I race in an ARCA car will be my first so I'm as qualified to comment on what happened as I am to perform neurosurgery.

Jack Hewitt says that Springfield is the best 1 mile dirt track he ever raced on. Jack says it's the raciest of all the dirt miles. I reckon ol' Jack knows what he's talkin' about!!

If NASCAR want too run the Trucks on dirt Springfield is were they should do it.. That would be a Truck race to see .....Jack was good at that track for sure.....
.... One of the old Crown car racers told me most 1 mile tracks are Flat o banking and he said there is a little banking at Springfeild like 4 or 5 D. he said its just enuff too make it work for cars cause all the mile tracks were made for Horses...

kidrock
08-28-2016, 07:32 AM
After looking at the video I'm inclined not to advocate one way or the other.

As far as the ARCA guys being full of $hit, I guess you could say it's all in the eye of the beholder. Also, I'd say Haley had a front row seat for that one, he saw the whole thing. I've been to every race ARCA has sanctioned at Springfield dating back to when ARCA took over the sanctioning from the old USAC stock car division in the mid 1980's and have seen a lot of strange and interesting things go on there. I really don't believe Williams wrecked all by himself, he had just a wee bit of help. And yes, the ARCA regulars are a tight group.

Yeah It's to bad for Kelly he runs pretty good in the Arca cars on dirt. Has he ever run one on pavement that you know of?

Highside Hustler25
08-28-2016, 09:07 AM

Now that's some karma there.LOLI guess he was lucky their are no seats at that end of the track for everyone to see the temper tantrum gone bad. That was classic.

kidrock
08-28-2016, 09:10 AM
Now that's some karma there.LOLI guess he was lucky their are no seats at that end of the track for everyone to see the temper tantrum gone bad. That was classic.

And you would be correct sir lol!!!! He fought the sterring wheel and the sterring wheel won lol!!!!!!

CIRF
08-28-2016, 09:35 AM
Yeah It's to bad for Kelly he runs pretty good in the Arca cars on dirt. Has he ever run one on pavement that you know of?Yes he has, Kid. He ran an 200 lap ARCA race at Berlin Speedway back in 2013. Berlin is a 1/2 mile asphalt oval in Marne, Michigan and I think Kelly finished in the top 10 that day. I believe that is the only asphalt ARCA race Kelly has participated in.

Highside Halfwit speaks of karma, there just might be some waitin' for Unzicker down at Du Quoin! We shall see. We have tickets for Du Quoin 1 week from tonight.

Stay tuned!

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 11:00 AM
And you would be correct sir lol!!!! He fought the sterring wheel and the sterring wheel won lol!!!!!!

LOL I loved that song and it fits so well...Too bad that its not on film cause it be in the top 10 High lites on ESPN like number 3 Home run, number 2 80 yard touch down pass, and Number 1 is Broken Nose from left hook from steering wheel too the nose....Replay replay LOL LOL Number 1 high lites are so good when they are Funny...

kidrock
08-28-2016, 12:37 PM
LOL I loved that song and it fits so well...Too bad that its not on film cause it be in the top 10 High lites on ESPN like number 3 Home run, number 2 80 yard touch down pass, and Number 1 is Broken Nose from left hook from steering wheel too the nose....Replay replay LOL LOL Number 1 high lites are so good when they are Funny...

lmao.............................................. ...........................................

old fan
08-28-2016, 01:03 PM
Did the water truck break down what a fliping joke

CIRF
08-28-2016, 01:46 PM
Did the water truck break down what a fliping jokeNot nearly as big of a joke as you are. Do you ever know what you're talking about? It appears not.