PDA

View Full Version : Senoia - hope they get a Lucas or Woo race next year

dalemcfan
08-23-2016, 12:48 PM
I would be surprised if Senoia Raceway doesn't get a Lucas or WoO race next year if they want one. That gray gumbo is mighty racey. A Senoia/East Alabama or Senoia/Dixie/Rome would be a great weekend.

weatherman85
08-23-2016, 02:21 PM
Agreed, they've had some great racing at that joint this year. Def. hitting up their $10,000 to win show in November.

Josh Bayko
08-23-2016, 02:24 PM
Does the place have the seating capacity for it to even really be viable?

TerryM
08-23-2016, 03:57 PM
A big group of us were going to make the two hour trip to Senoia a couple months ago -- until we saw the admission prices. A new track should be doing everything it can to get fans to attend, not chase them away. We have the November race tentatively on our schedule. It's up to Senoia to close the deal now.

B_K
08-23-2016, 06:21 PM
Place is really good right now.

weatherman85
08-23-2016, 07:26 PM
A big group of us were going to make the two hour trip to Senoia a couple months ago -- until we saw the admission prices. A new track should be doing everything it can to get fans to attend, not chase them away. We have the November race tentatively on our schedule. It's up to Senoia to close the deal now.

I agree they have been a little greedy it seems. Think they charged $25 for a $5000 to win show a few months back. Heard the place was still packed out though so as long as people pay and show up guess they'll keep doing it. A little scared to see what they're going to charge in November myself. As far as a regular show goes though I think they have the best deal around at $12 admission to the stands.

Barbecueboy
08-23-2016, 07:48 PM
Senoia is new?

I've been trying to get over there for a while.

kd1
08-24-2016, 09:39 AM
Does the place have the seating capacity for it to even really be viable?
Yes .. I believe they have the seating capacity (and parking) to pull in Lucas or Woo .. I've been to tracks that had less of both and it worked.

zyoung25
08-24-2016, 09:50 AM
It would be d@mn shame if they don't. Ive never been there, but it does look awesome.

Josh Bayko
08-24-2016, 10:14 AM
Yes .. I believe they have the seating capacity (and parking) to pull in Lucas or Woo .. I've been to tracks that had less of both and it worked.

Then they should definitely do it.

President Clinton
08-24-2016, 12:23 PM
They had some fair sized asphalt shows before they went to dirt with no problem.

Barbecueboy
08-24-2016, 03:46 PM
They had some fair sized asphalt shows before they went to dirt with no problem.

When did it go to dirt from asphalt?.....seems like I've been trying to get over there for at least 5 or 6 years and I've only known it to be dirt.

President Clinton
08-25-2016, 03:11 AM
When did it go to dirt from asphalt?.....seems like I've been trying to get over there for at least 5 or 6 years and I've only known it to be dirt.

It started as dirt, same as Lanier, then asphalt and I think back to dirt in 2010???? Seems like it has put a big hurting on Dixie now.

Barbecueboy
08-25-2016, 07:41 AM
Thanks , all this talk about it being new and asphalt had me scratching my head a little..........

weatherman85
08-25-2016, 08:41 AM
It started as dirt, same as Lanier, then asphalt and I think back to dirt in 2010???? Seems like it has put a big hurting on Dixie now.

Yes it was 2010. At first it didn't really hurt Dixie too much until the newer promoters took over recently. Reconfiguring the track and the removal of the asphalt REALLY made the racing a LOT better. They also started running all 3 main late model classes which started to hit Dixie. This is the first year they've ran the Gumbo Clay and it seems to be a hit with the drivers as well. It's almost worth a trip just to see this type of dirt if you've never seen it. Walking towards the track from the admission gate you'd almost think the track is still asphalt due to the color of the clay.

kd1
08-25-2016, 11:39 PM
It was dirt back in the 70's ...I remember Leon Archer won a ton of races there back then.

champion24
08-26-2016, 06:20 PM
What would they charge to get in for a $10-12k to win show? It may price some out. $25 for the stands for a $3k to win show. They could bring in the National tours, but not sure if they actually want to.

clanton25fan
08-26-2016, 10:45 PM
The track being able to handle the crowd is only one piece of the puzzle. They have to come up with the sanction fee for either series plus the purse. That's not pocket change to put a n a show of this caliber. It would be great to see if they do get a race.

dirt crow
08-28-2016, 11:16 AM
I would be surprised if Senoia Raceway doesn't get a Lucas or WoO race next year if they want one. That gray gumbo is mighty racey. A Senoia/East Alabama or Senoia/Dixie/Rome would be a great weekend.

I agree 100%