PDA

View Full Version : New tracks?

W2Racing09
08-26-2016, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know of any new tracks that have been successful in actually holding a race? Here in the Mid Atlantic region I've seen nothing but dirt tracks closing down over the past several years. This year a new track tried to open in DE and even got to the point of having clay brought in and having secured permits, land, etc. but was shut down by the vineyard owner next door (This place: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Pizzadili%20Vineyard%20and%20Winery feel free to leave a nice review for them..). It seems like towns don't want the hassle of dealing with race tracks, etc. It is frustrating because this track was going to be in an area that might have allowed for a bunch of new race fans because it was supposed to be mostly entry level divisions and it was close to some major metro areas.

Here is the story on the struggle that lead to the closure of the track before it ever opened.

http://delawarestatenews.net/news/lawsuit-slows-silo-speedway/

Thanks,
Jeff.

Krooser
08-26-2016, 03:43 PM
I've been in and out of the automotive promoting game for 30 years.

My last adventure was leasing a fairgrounds track that had only run snowmobile races once per year. I tried to run a budget program with 4 cylinders and streeters.... Paid better than any other local track. The drivers stayed away in droves.... I had to run Thursday nights as other events had priority at the fairgrounds. Most guys had numerous excuses for not giving us a try. We had track surface problems but the joint was still race able.

I lasted 5 nights before the $$$ ran out...

BTExpress
08-26-2016, 09:25 PM
For Immediate release:

Silo Speedway
Felton, DE.

It is with deep regret that we have to inform you fans and supporters that Silo Speedway has been shut down due to the Superior Court’s ruling to reverse Kent County’s decision to allow us to race. Silo Speedway followed all Laws and Regulations as due diligence, but unfortunately the decision was still made against us.

Construction was on schedule to be able to race in March but we were asked by the County to cease construction until this appeal to the Superior Court was ruled. Again, we want everyone to know that we followed all orders from the County. Details about the decision will be coming in the near future with a full press release to be given out to the public. We are announcing this to our loyal race fans, supporters and racers themselves as a non-official statement.

We would like to thank everyone involved in Silo Speedway, from our staff to the construction crew and all of our supporters. We did everything in our power to build a safe, fun and desirable atmosphere for the community and our racers. Once more details are available to us, we will then pass along the information publicly. Until then, please support your local dirt tracks every chance you have. They need your support just as much as we need yours.

Thank you,
Silo Speedway