PDA

View Full Version : Tiregate lawsuit?

Pages : [1] 2 3

wfo2007
08-28-2016, 11:26 AM
http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/08/26/racers-seek-millions-for-faulty-disqualifications.htm

old fan
08-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Maybe all 5 should be barred from any world racing races as far as the scales it ways says track scales prevail wow less tam 1 perrcent but still wrong ,wrong is wrong

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 11:44 AM
After reading that I think World R G is not going too win this...

wfo2007
08-28-2016, 11:47 AM
After reading that I think World R G is not going too win this...

I know one of these guys personally and they are definitely going to put up a good fight. I'm also sure that WRG has good lawyers too so we'll see.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Maybe all 5 should be barred from any world racing races as far as the scales it ways says track scales prevail wow less tam 1 perrcent but still wrong ,wrong is wrong

Barr them That would be a 2nd 10,000,000 suit...

J20in1st
08-28-2016, 11:56 AM
Out of court settlement

formercrewguy
08-28-2016, 12:14 PM
WRG will win. When you sign your name on the sheet at the pit booth, you are entering a contract. You agree to adhere to THEIR rules. The gang of 5 violated those rules. The end.

1forthe$
08-28-2016, 12:20 PM
WRG will win. When you sign your name on the sheet at the pit booth, you are entering a contract. You agree to adhere to THEIR rules. The gang of 5 violated those rules. The end.

They are alleging that they changed the rules that the "contract" stated.

Kromulous
08-28-2016, 12:21 PM
16 mill, it's getting real now. Bloomquist looking to take over a sanctioning body?

This will completely wipe out UMP, and I say good bye...

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Out of court settlement

I dont think so Bloomer wants his name cleared .. Hes tired of being called a cheat ..If he did not cheat .. Would you be mad if you know you car was 3200 pounds and they say it is not I would be....I think They want it too were If you call me a Cheat you better be Dam right on it...

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Eldora screwed Bloomer at the dream on the scale. Stewart's not man enough to admit it. Basically all it comes down to. It was proven the scales weren't accurate.

Centeroff
08-28-2016, 12:32 PM
they have a legitimate case. Especially Scott with the weights and measures. If they actually went in and tested those scales and found them to be 15-61 lbs light that's major problems for fat Tony.

Centeroff
08-28-2016, 12:34 PM
Those waivers aren't worth the paper they are written on. Bank on that

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 12:35 PM
Bloomer will be pissed off next year for the dream. Don't be shocked he laps half the field.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 12:42 PM
They are alleging that they changed the rules that the "contract" stated.

I think you are Right ... Its a 2 way street .. If you say you must do as they say.. They are saying the same thing..Dont tell me I have too if you dont do the same....
Its like dont tell he too count to 15 if you cant prove I cant...
too menny maybes .. if you cant prove I am lite then I am not ...
One way they can fix this 2 sets of scales have 3200 pound roller too test the scales be for each race..Pre test all cars out of gas must be over 3200 pounds...Be for they Q

ILL-DIRTDOG
08-28-2016, 12:45 PM
they have a legitimate case. Especially Scott with the weights and measures. If they actually went in and tested those scales and found them to be 15-61 lbs light that's major problems for fat Tony.

Tell us why others were not having weight issues on that day then

Hovlane
08-28-2016, 12:49 PM
They were heavy enough to overcome the error.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 01:01 PM

Say Bloomer was over by 15 pounds and the scale was off by 30 saying he was 15 under.. next car over by 31 pounds says he is over by 16 pounds... Wrong is is WRONG Over or not...Why should the driver have too make up for what they say Is wrong when it Not...

old fan
08-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Track scales prevail , go across the scales early inthe night and adjust your car accordingly

old fan
08-28-2016, 01:09 PM
they have a legitimate case. Especially scott with the weights and measures. If they actually went in and tested those scales and found them to be 15-61 lbs light that's major problems for fat tony. track scales prevail

BTExpress
08-28-2016, 01:11 PM
And how do you think this lawsuit is good long term for DLM racing???? It could be the beginning of the end if the driver's prevail.

old fan
08-28-2016, 01:12 PM
As far as the scales they have nothing read the rules in dirtcar ump 15.6

old fan
08-28-2016, 01:13 PM
and how do you think this lawsuit is good long term for dlm???? exactly esp about the weight rule that explains everything

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 01:15 PM
How do you fix this cars must be 3250 pounds...You can be up too 49 pounds lite.. and still win... say you are 3225 pound and the scales are off by 25 pounds you lose. if you 3226 pounds and the scale is off by 25 you win...Its called give and take...

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 01:18 PM
And how do you think this lawsuit is good long term for DLM racing???? It could be the beginning of the end if the driver's prevail.

No read my post 24 .. They just need too change the rules to a give and take and the drivers need too say Yes I can live with that...

Latemodel59
08-28-2016, 01:21 PM

Maybe they chose to be 30 to 60 pounds heavy to avoid potential light scale issues or perhaps they weighed their cars and understood exactly what weight needed added. That doesn't mean a car that was potentially 3200 exactly should be ruled illegal. If your going to pay $100,000 to win and base it on your scales they had better comply with local and state requirements. Not a Bloomer or Tony fan but if the scales are measuring light against a certified standard it's a real problem. Lab can't identify any illegal substance and 2 samples from same tire have different results, you tell me how that is conclusive proof. I have no doubt 90% of the field treat their tires with something otherwise you would not see so many wrapped tires in the pits. However if your going to fine and suspend people you need to have conclusive proof. I work with labs and trying to compare tire samples that could have hundreds of different Mfg dates and material mixes against one master is not stasticly possible. I am not defending any of these guys but if your going to slander somebody you better have proof approve reproach but that's only the view of a lowly back filler not a top team.

old fan
08-28-2016, 01:26 PM
track scales prevail

old fan
08-28-2016, 01:28 PM
How do you fix this cars must be 3250 pounds...You can be up too 49 pounds lite.. and still win... say you are 3225 pound and the scales are off by 25 pounds you lose. if you 3226 pounds and the scale is off by 25 you win...Its called give and take... then find another sanction UMP have never faulted what the rules are with weight bring it to the scales right or get dq ed end of story

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Eldora screwed Bloomer at the dream on the scale. Stewart's not man enough to admit it. Basically all it comes down to. It was proven the scales weren't accurate.

They did not screw him. Scales are not accurate at most tracks. That is why you check your weight on their scales. Rules clearly state that track scales are the standard, calibrated or not.

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 01:34 PM
The drivers/teams deserve to have the scale as accurate as possible. Specially running for 100g. You think Stewart etc could have the scale checked.

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 01:35 PM
The scale didnt have the stamp stating it had been checked etc.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 01:37 PM
track scales prevail

Not if the are Certified and they are.. By law in some states.. If a prize is paid the scales must meet or exceed the law...Ohio and Ill they must meet or Exceed by Law... They say in there Law suit they did not and the Test says they (bloomer and 4 others) are right...That they Did not...I do not see how they can Lose this it is a good bust as a Cop would say case closed...
FarmerCity use too have the state check theres and i think they still do...

toyracer
08-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Attorney's & lawsuits are big part of what is wrong with this country now. If you took all the attorney's practicing & all the attorney's in government & locked them away somewhere this country would be a better place IMO.

Like MBR said scales were there all night check your car. Other cars passed & people were watching. Everybody wants to blame everybody else & not take responsibility for there actions. Then cry about it & expect to get preferential treatment by crying.

If that don't work then they want to sue somebody. This country is turning into just a bunch of crybabies.

old fan
08-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Not if the are Certified and they are.. By law in some states.. If a prize is paid the scales must meet or exceed the law...Ohio and Ill they must meet or Exceed by Law... They say in there Law suit they did not and the Test says they (bloomer and 4 others) are right...That they Did not...I do not see how they can Lose this it is a good bust as a Cop would say case closed...http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016-competitor-license.pdf read section 16. 5 in the rule book

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 01:46 PM
Not if the are Certified and they are.. By law in some states.. If a prize is paid the scales must meet or exceed the law...Ohio and Ill they must meet or Exceed by Law... They say in there Law suit they did not and the Test says they (bloomer and 4 others) are right...That they Did not...I do not see how they can Lose this it is a good bust as a Cop would say case closed...

Accurate post, cardirt........being in a profession, involving scales for 30 plus years, states laws trumps track scales every time. They must be inspected and calibrated once a year when they are used where a monetary transaction is involved!

Good for them.....its every frustrating that every track scales is different! Now, the tracks will take their scale issues seriously!

Changes are a comin.......good changes!

onlyfacts
08-28-2016, 01:46 PM
http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016-competitor-license.pdf read section 16. 5 in the rule bookI would say that will be the piece that gets the lawsuit throwed out.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Attorney's & lawsuits are big part of what is wrong with this country now. If you took all the attorney's practicing & all the attorney's in government & locked them away somewhere this country would be a better place IMO.

Like MBR said scales were there all night check your car. Other cars passed & people were watching. Everybody wants to blame everybody else & not take responsibility for there actions. Then cry about it & expect to get preferential treatment by crying.

If that don't work then they want to sue somebody. This country is turning into just a bunch of crybabies.
In lots of ways you are right ..But say you won 100000 grand and they say no you did not, and they have all the Power.. and the only way for you too win is use a scumbag ,Scumbag is what you will you...

onlyfacts
08-28-2016, 01:49 PM
And how do you think this lawsuit is good long term for DLM racing???? It could be the beginning of the end if the driver's prevail.Bloomquist could go down as the greatest ever and the guy that destroyed it all. If and when it happens I hope all the real DLM fans remember Bloomquist for the later.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 01:55 PM
I would say that will be the piece that gets the lawsuit throwed out.

Still have too abide by the state laws and scales are under state Law...That peace of paper will get destroyed in front of a court of law ...Your rules can not break the Law...

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Bloomquist could go down as the greatest ever and the guy that destroyed it all. If and when it happens I hope all the real DLM fans remember Bloomquist for the later.

Bloomer Hate.. there are a lot of thing Hurting racing right now.. This is not one of them..They will fix this make new rules and move on....You cant play football with out football players and its the same with Dirt racing...I hate Unions but it may be time for the drivers too form one....

old fan
08-28-2016, 02:01 PM
who says they have to any thing that's on private property plus its in the rule book when they sign in their entry fee they agree by those rules if one car out of 88 cars is light now the sales are wrong I don't think it works that way and if that track is sales are wrong then every track in the nation should have scales checked weekly how is that going to work out

tsand
08-28-2016, 02:01 PM
A race track can not make up a rule that supercides a state law. State law if payout is based on weight then the scales must be certified.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-28-2016, 02:04 PM
Bloomer Hate.. there are a lot of thing Hurting racing right now.. This is not one of them..They will fix this make new rules and move on....You cant play football with out football players and its the same with Dirt racing...I hate Unions but it may be time for the drivers too form one....

You are kidding, right? The drivers already make most of the rules now. A union. Please. You live with the rules or don't go.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 02:08 PM
who says they have to any thing that's on private property plus its in the rule book when they sign in their entry fee they agree by those rules if one car out of 88 cars is light now the sales are wrong I don't think it works that way and if that track is sales are wrong then every track in the nation should have scales checked weekly how is that going to work out

Once some one Pays too come on that.. Property, It is no longer Private...its open to the People....and must obey the laws of the state....

old fan
08-28-2016, 02:09 PM
drivers union has never never did any good

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 02:16 PM
You are kidding, right? The drivers already make most of the rules now. A union. Please. You live with the rules or don't go.

Did not say i liked it but .. Then the track should too live with the Rules and the scales were wrong....
.And a lot of drivers are just doing that not going and then there was NONE.....and racing dies....
There are rules thats say no 3rd shock. no this and no that ... and then there a Law that say the scales must bee RIGHT and they were not...I love it too be Lets just race but it dont work that way no more....

wfo2007
08-28-2016, 02:18 PM
I say no tire rule and no weight rule. Lol

TDRacinŽ
08-28-2016, 02:19 PM
Does anyone have a valid link somewhere stating the scales weren't inspected?

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 02:20 PM
This is were they all get in a big room and fix this.. But it will not happen....

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-28-2016, 02:22 PM
Did not say i liked it but .. Then the track should too live with the Rules and the scales were wrong....
.And a lot of drivers are just doing that not going and then there was NONE.....and racing dies....
There are rules thats say no 3rd shock. no this and no that ... and then there a Law that say the scales must bee RIGHT and they were not...I love it too be Lets just race but it dont work that way no more....

Actually, that is what we probably need. A death of it in its current form. Then it can be reborn where things are not legislated to the nth degree because less is st stake.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-28-2016, 02:25 PM

Eldora is not buying and selling commodities. The scale is a simple tool to enforce their rules. I guess you think the tape measures that they use on deck height better be calibrated to a NIST standard as well?

1dartman
08-28-2016, 02:25 PM
The suit states that the scales came up with a range of 45lbs difference on the test that were done. If you are weighed after a heat and it may only weigh 10lbs light, you will adjust for that. but then after the feature it could weigh 50lbs off and you would still be 40lbs short.

if they were consistant you could adjust. The state test showed the scales varied on each time tested

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 02:28 PM
The next month, the Ohio Department of Agriculture found that the scale was "out of tolerance," indicating weights 15 to 61 pounds too light in six tests, the lawsuit states.
The scales, which Eldora had replaced just before the race, allegedly indicated errors of 37 to 61 pounds, state inspectors found.
Copped from law suit ...Ohio Department of Agriculture is the ones too inspector the scales.. they say that that are wrong....If they were not inspected be for then they may have broken the Law....

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-28-2016, 02:28 PM
The suit states that the scales came up with a range of 45lbs difference on the test that were done. If you are weighed after a heat and it may only weigh 10lbs light, you will adjust for that. but then after the feature it could weigh 50lbs off and you would still be 40lbs short.

if they were consistant you could adjust. The state test showed the scales varied on each time tested

That writeup didn't get details to understand what the scale was doing. It was probably off so many# at 2000, so many at 3000, etc. I serious doubt repeatability was that poor.

ptown
08-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Eldora is not buying and selling commodities. The scale is a simple tool to enforce their rules. I guess you think the tape measures that they use on deck height better be calibrated to a NIST standard as well?

Bingo we have a winner, they aren't selling hamburger or a truckload of sand.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 02:31 PM

Not what the law says, If you do not pay because of wate when the scales are Certified they have too be Right....

old fan
08-28-2016, 02:33 PM
This is were they all get in a big room and fix this.. But it will not happen.... its called the rule book follow it or go home

mudmaker
08-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Looks like lots of arm chair lawyers here.
How about this... WRG file a temporary injunction banning said drivers from competing in any UMP or WOO event until said case is settled. Such cases can and probably will drag on for years.
Now basically there are WOO, UMP, Lucas, and open events to choose from at that level. Let's take away half of the events until the lawyers have decided they have enough of everyone's money and come to a resolution.
I think win or lose, they will still lose. And remember, can't sue for costs involving a civil suit. And then there's the enivitable counter suits for each plaintiff. You really think Smoke is going to take this sitting down? I doubt it. I would say he might have the clout to squash some things here.
It will never help the sport of racing.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 02:43 PM
Trucks do not sell they carry it too the stores.. and they can not be over a ton age or they are fined.. Ohio Law.. so if the car cant be under 3200 Pounds then the Scale must be Certified BY Ohio LAW..... ITS the LAW

HoosierDirtFan
08-28-2016, 02:43 PM
its called the rule book follow it or go home

It's also called state law. City, State, and U.S. laws always TRUMP sports laws & rules. If holding a sports event you (the venue, promoter, manager, ect...) are to abide by them or pay the consequences. Track rules don't mean sh!t when it comes to government laws.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Looks like lots of arm chair lawyers here.
How about this... WRG file a temporary injunction banning said drivers from competing in any UMP or WOO event until said case is settled. Such cases can and probably will drag on for years.
Now basically there are WOO, UMP, Lucas, and open events to choose from at that level. Let's take away half of the events until the lawyers have decided they have enough of everyone's money and come to a resolution.
I think win or lose, they will still lose. And remember, can't sue for costs involving a civil suit. And then there's the enivitable counter suits for each plaintiff. You really think Smoke is going to take this sitting down? I doubt it. I would say he might have the clout to squash some things here.
It will never help the sport of racing.
Cant band the driver you have too let them race.. Till the court here the Case.. THATS the LAW
You can band them only if you win the case....and then they can appeal and you have too let them race till thats over....

old fan
08-28-2016, 02:52 PM
the track don't have to do any thing they raise to much crap he can say you are gone for life

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 02:53 PM
the track don't have to do any thing they raise to much crap he can say you are gone for life

Then the driver can Sue and they have too let him race till it gos too court...

old fan
http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2016RaceProcedures.pdf

KAOS
Looks like lots of arm chair lawyers here. How about this... WRG file a temporary injunction banning said drivers from competing in any UMP or WOO event until said case is settled. Such cases can and probably will drag on for years. Now basically there are WOO, UMP, Lucas, and open events to choose from at that level. Let's take away half of the events until the lawyers have decided they have enough of everyone's money and come to a resolution. I think win or lose, they will still lose. And remember, can't sue for costs involving a civil suit. And then there's the enivitable counter suits for each plaintiff. You really think Smoke is going to take this sitting down? I doubt it. I would say he might have the clout to squash some things here. It will never help the sport of racing. I don't think WRG can file anything becuase if the drivers win the lawsuit then the Drivers did nothing wrong. Also I hope Old fan can make the hearing so he can shout its in the rules and hold up his rule book ....

old fan
08-28-2016, 02:54 PM
read Eldora rules they ccan refuse anybody including you are me for what ever reason its private property

ptown
08-28-2016, 02:59 PM
I don't think WRG can file anything becuase if the drivers win the lawsuit then the Drivers did nothing wrong. Also I hope Old fan can make the hearing so he can shout its in the rules and hold up his rule book ....

Cardirt0 should also be there, he seems to know everything.....lol

KAOS
08-28-2016, 03:02 PM
thats not as simple as you are making it seem....you cant just throw someone out of a business with out a cause.

old fan
08-28-2016, 03:06 PM
its private property they can escort anybody or refuse them from performing there they are not employees there they are sub contractors

mudmaker
08-28-2016, 03:06 PM
You must forgive me if I don't believe there's a law saying they can't ban them from racing. It's a civil suit. Anything can happen.
And as old fan stated, they have the right to refuse service to anyone.
And in the end it may lead to added expenses and services just to make sure the racers are following the rules like they already should, thus costing more to those willing to put on races and in turn those extra expenses will be passed on to you, the consumer. That will promote more ill will and attendance will recede and decline of the sport will eventually be the result.

old fan
08-28-2016, 03:07 PM
The management reserves the right to suspend, disqualify, bar, and/or fine (with payment as a condition of further competition) any participants who, in their discretion, are engaged in misconduct, and whose presence or conduct is deemed not to be in the best interest of Eldora Speedway. The duration and severity of any such action shall be determined solely by the management

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Not what the law says, If you do not pay because of wate when the scales are Certified they have too be Right....

The laws are written for commerce. I think you and they are taking quite a leap of interpretation.

tsand
08-28-2016, 03:08 PM
They can bar scott in the future and I don't think it would bother him. In every interview scott has given recently he's hinted that he will probably hang it up in a couple years anyway.

old fan
08-28-2016, 03:09 PM
Eldora Speedway is private property. The management reserves the right to refuse entry to any individual(s) and/or vehicle(s) onto the property and further reserves the right to eject any individual(s) and/or vehicle(s) from the premises at any time, if in their discretion, determines their presence or conduct is not in the best interest of Eldora Speedway you don't think lawyers were involved

mudmaker
08-28-2016, 03:10 PM
As a business owner I can refuse to do work for anyone. As a promotion company, WRG can refuse to have anyone represent them in exchange for monies that may put them in a negative light.

wfo2007
08-28-2016, 03:13 PM
Eldora Speedway is private property. The management reserves the right to refuse entry to any individual(s) and/or vehicle(s) onto the property and further reserves the right to eject any individual(s) and/or vehicle(s) from the premises at any time, if in their discretion, determines their presence or conduct is not in the best interest of Eldora Speedway you don't think lawyers were involved

Old Fan's computer is getting a work out today. How does google know what he is trying to search for though?

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 03:17 PM

Gary Flesner Vs state of Minnesota 1989 wanted a liq. l for my bar they city of Ely said no .. even after I past all the thing i need too.. So i sued at first i lost .. Then i sued for the right to happiness by the Constitution.. A big law firm was so impressed with my suit .. They helped probono and I won...I have 6 boxs of files from that case just from what i did... Thing is after I won there was no living in the town.. So my place was worth 125000 bucks be for I won after with were you could sell beer 350000 bucks so I sold it 325000 bucks and fliped them off as i left town....Law is easy you use comen Cents and you can win....

Highside Hustler25
08-28-2016, 03:18 PM

Well finally, after 50 posts, someone gets it. Well done MasterSbilt Racer.

Trust me, if the Eldora scales fell under the Department of Weights and Measure, they would be inspected annually. It's not like you call them up and make a appointment, they'll find you. Stickers have a expiration date and the State knows when it is. They show up generally before that date. (unless you're from Illinois)

When it comes down to it, the Ohio Dept. of W&M could care less about Tony's scales.

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 03:23 PM
its private property they can escort anybody or refuse them from performing there they are not employees there they are sub contractors

Tell that to the baker who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple!

How did that work out?......Based on our laws that's DISCRIMINATION!

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 03:24 PM
Though I add this City of Ely spent 175000 bucks too keep me from selling drinks and beer.. 1000 bucks for that right a year 1/2 gos too the state .. that means 350 years they will break even on me LOL

Barbecueboy
08-28-2016, 03:25 PM
I guess all those guys that were making fun about the "nothing being done "on the scale thing are all on vacation and don't have service?????

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 03:29 PM

Trust me, if the Eldora scales fell under the Department of Weights and Measure, they would be inspected annually. It's not like you call them up and make a appointment, they'll find you. Stickers have a expiration date and the State knows when it is. They show up generally before that date. (unless you're from Illinois)

When it comes down to it, the Ohio Dept. of W&M could care less about Tony's scales.

BUT in Court they stell under the law.. and If they did not get them checked.. and they did not PAY, and they were wrong, they will LOSE in Court... Ask a COP if you dont know the Law they still take you to Jail...

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 03:29 PM
I guess all those guys that were making fun about the "nothing being done "on the scale thing are all on vacation and don't have service?????

I knew I shoulda went to law school! lol

Are you listening SS??

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 03:34 PM

Answer me this......then why did the state dept go and check the scales.....if it wasn't under their jurisdiction?

dirtdobber45
08-28-2016, 03:35 PM
If this is true and works in the fab 5s favor. The WRG and UMP will be all but gone

TMaCiLLiNi39
08-28-2016, 03:37 PM

Gary is nothing more than a trashy, coat tail riding, begging for sympathy pathetic Joke.... And that's all he's ever been...

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 03:39 PM
If this is true and works in the fab 5s favor. The WRG and UMP will be all but gone

Im sure they have liability ins for things like this. Im sure it will be settled out of court and the teams will sign agreements to not disclose the settlement.

However, I bet you see some "Thanks WOO and Eldora" decals on a few new haulers next year! :)

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 03:40 PM

I dont think so i think there will just be new rules that will work....I dont think the court will give them Millions,, Plus some I think they will have too pay what the Lost... Plus some too pay there costs ...

wfo2007
08-28-2016, 03:40 PM

Yes, then the new B.O.S.S series will start up.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Gary is nothing more than a trashy, coat tail riding, begging for sympathy pathetic Joke.... And that's all he's ever been...

Its Nice too know you still stand under neath me.. LOL.. Better then a Fat can do a dame thing and know there is one person I can still Kick A$$ on you fat Pig....

ptown
08-28-2016, 03:45 PM

Im waiting for the post telling us how sick he is etc etc....

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 03:47 PM
T-Mac 39What happened to your boy Jd? Time for you to move onto another fav driver!! He's just another flash in the pan. He won't even be following Lucas tour next year.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 03:48 PM
Im waiting for the post telling us how sick he is etc etc....
You can go f==k your self too

dirtyboy
08-28-2016, 04:09 PM
I just fired up the popcorn popper, anyone else want some?

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 04:12 PM

be for you invite TMaCiLLiNi39 you need too see if you have 5 bags of pop corn .. Fat boy can eat them all ...

Highside Hustler25
08-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Answer me this......then why did the state dept go and check the scales.....if it wasn't under their jurisdiction?

Who's to say they did? Someone on 4m? LMAO

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 04:19 PM
Just for the Life of me..
Its nice too know that 2 of the $hit heads on dont like me,( I must be doing something right) and most of the Cool people on here do, I live with what God gives me ...Other then that I am to a point that I dont Care no more....Love or hate Me i am what i am ...Thank you all....

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 04:20 PM

Says so in the Law suit.....

KAOS
08-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Eldora Speedway is private property. The management reserves the right to refuse entry to any individual(s) and/or vehicle(s) onto the property and further reserves the right to eject any individual(s) and/or vehicle(s) from the premises at any time, if in their discretion, determines their presence or conduct is not in the best interest of Eldora Speedway you don't think lawyers were involvedYou can't ban someone from your business if they have not done anything wrong or if you don't have a policy against what you are banning them for "Conduct is not in the Best Interest of Eldora Speedway" is a very vague statement. You have to have a reason and you have to enforce it equally to every one. Basically you can't ban a person just because you don't like them.

Highside Hustler25
08-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Says so in the Law suit.....

so you've actually seen it?

Highside Hustler25
08-28-2016, 04:24 PM
You can't ban someone from your business if they have not done anything wrong or if you don't have a policy against what you are banning them for "Conduct is not in the Best Interest of Eldora Speedway" is a very vague statement. You have to have a reason and you have to enforce it equally to every one. Basically you can't ban a person just because you don't like them.

You should study a official entry form. Might be surprised.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 04:27 PM

I will take a bag of cheader if you may

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 04:27 PM
so you've actually seen it?

Yes......Go too the first post, and click on it, and read it, tells all
I also went to the Ohio state page for Scales and read 10 pages...
and found at lease 20 bogs on stopping someone from coming in too your Place.. and what you can do stopping them from coming in .. Cause I have all day to do nothing and so I go look it up..LOOK it up thats what i do ..It fun gives me something too do...I think the Court will set down with them and they will work this all out and you will see New rules and they will get paid..and they will all move on ....I may be wrong But I may be right... Time will tell

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 04:34 PM
You should study a official entry form. Might be surprised.

A good Lawyer eat that thing up....1 page Needs too be 10 pages and then it may work.. Holes all over it...

BTExpress
08-28-2016, 04:39 PM
I'll ask again.... what good will come to the sport if UMP and the Woo goes under from this? After reading 6 pages on this topic, I feel like I'm watching the presidential race. There is no middle ground opinions on this subject. If you don't think if the drivers win and collect $millions from this lawsuit and it won't trickle down and affect your local track...you are delusional??

Dirt Draggin
08-28-2016, 04:43 PM
You can't ban someone from your business if they have not done anything wrong or if you don't have a policy against what you are banning them for "Conduct is not in the Best Interest of Eldora Speedway" is a very vague statement. You have to have a reason and you have to enforce it equally to every one. Basically you can't ban a person just because you don't like them.PRIVATE PROPERTY-That will be the deciding factor.......

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 04:45 PM
I'll ask again.... what good will come to the sport if UMP and the Woo goes under from this? After reading 6 pages on this topic, I feel like I'm watching the presidential race. There is no middle ground opinions on this subject. If you don't think if the drivers win and collect $millions from this lawsuit and it won't trickle down and affect your local track...you are delusional??

1% change that happen.....They will work this out, The 5 will get something and the tracks will do it some other way.. and a year from now we all be trashing each other for something else....

Highside Hustler25
08-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Yes......Go too the first post, and click on it, and read it, tells all
I also went to the Ohio state page for Scales and read 10 pages...
and found at lease 20 bogs on stopping someone from coming in too your Place.. and what you can do stopping them from coming in .. Cause I have all day to do nothing and so I go look it up..LOOK it up thats what i do ..It fun gives me something too do...I think the Court will set down with them and they will work this all out and you will see New rules and they will get paid..and they will all move on ....I may be wrong But I may be right... Time will tell

Ok. You seen it on the internet:DI'm convinced now. Are you 100% sure you didn't dream it during one of you're power naps?

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 04:50 PM
Ok. You seen it on the internet:DI'm convinced now. Are you 100% sure you didn't dream it during one of you're power naps?

Depends on with pills I eat be for the nap...(Or Smoked) now that Ill pasted a law you can if you sick....

old fan
08-28-2016, 04:50 PM
jim leka was banned from Macon years ago

Clayton_Wetter
08-28-2016, 04:52 PM

And maybe it's high time your computer was confiscated and you were put in the corner with your dunce hat back in it's usual place!! :)

HoosierDirtFan
08-28-2016, 04:53 PM
jim leka was banned from Macon years ago

Just wondering for what reason; You know?

KAOS
08-28-2016, 04:53 PM
PRIVATE PROPERTY-That will be the deciding factor.......Eldora is a Business and has the same rights as Restaurant does when refusing service. They could ban drivers with long hair, but they would have to ban every driver with long hair not just Scott Bloomquist.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 04:56 PM
And maybe it's high time your computer was confiscated and you were put in the corner with your dunce hat back in it's usual place!! :)

Think Mom needs too pull his pants down and a few smacks would help

ClampedUp

Tell that to Lernerville Speedway....
When they DQ'd a late model after he won for a weight infraction the driver who owns a petroleum/trucking business that knows the weight and measures laws inside and out took them to court and easily won the case because the law states if you are getting paid by the results of the scales they will be inspected and calibrated by the State Weights and Measures Department.
I'm guessing the Ohio laws are the same or close to them.....

Clayton_Wetter
track scales prevail

Would you like another cracker, polly?

HoosierDirtFan
08-28-2016, 04:58 PM
Would you like another cracker, polly?

If he wanted a cracker all he has to do is look in the mirror. :)

Clayton_Wetter
08-28-2016, 05:02 PM
http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016-competitor-license.pdf read section 16. 5 in the rule book

I sure would love to serve you a big order of CROW with a side order of ROAD APPLES to boot.

State laws prevails as one poster said.

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 05:02 PM
Eldora is a Business and has the same rights as Restaurant does when refusing service. They could ban drivers with long hair, but they would have to ban every driver with long hair not just Scott Bloomquist.

That dont work no more you can say Suit and Tie that will work.. you can Not for hair no more.. or being Gay or dress and your a man.. Or Black or Redneck... refusing service for the way you act or too loud may work...Its not the 80s no more.....

old fan
08-28-2016, 05:08 PM
why the law is the law or we of a society of candy azzes

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 05:23 PM

The news source reporting the suit. Looks pretty legit to me, seeing that's what they do!

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-28-2016, 05:28 PM
Tell that to Lernerville Speedway....
When they DQ'd a late model after he won for a weight infraction the driver who owns a petroleum/trucking business that knows the weight and measures laws inside and out took them to court and easily won the case because the law states if you are getting paid by the results of the scales they will be inspected and calibrated by the State Weights and Measures Department.
I'm guessing the Ohio laws are the same or close to them.....

That's a Pandoras box that shouldn't be opened. Hopefully, that is not the case.

old fan
08-28-2016, 05:31 PM
that's right how many tracks could afford to have their scales checked all the time plus in the book what does it say track scales prevail

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 05:38 PM
that's right how many tracks could afford to have their scales checked all the time plus in the book what does it say track scales prevail

So lets say it costs $1000 or even $2000......if tracks cant afford that, they shouldn't be in business!

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 05:39 PM

Ohio 100 bucks for 2 years plus a small charge to recheck it.. not bad
Add
Why do I know looked it up 3 hours a go...

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 05:46 PM
Big E uses a moveable one they need to put a in ground one Like.... FarmerCity or Fairbury Or macion uses State comes puts a sticker on it and its done.....

Josh Bayko
08-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Nobody is talking about how the suit is filed in New York over races in Ohio and the defendants are located in North Carolina and Indiana. That all points to a very weak case that hopes people in New York are still butthurt over the Stewart/Ward incident. It's slimy as all h*ll.

3 wide
08-28-2016, 05:50 PM
If the scales were that far off why wasn't somebody else light at the scales beside bloom quiet this ain't the first time he has been light at eldora he didn't sue nobody last time he should of saved his money this tim

Dirt Draggin
08-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Eldora is a Business and has the same rights as Restaurant does when refusing service. They could ban drivers with long hair, but they would have to ban every driver with long hair not just Scott Bloomquist.Same rights to a degree,that's why lawyers are a necessary evil.Almost all cases are somewhat different.For example they might argue Bloomer's hair a fire hazard due to it's "higher than normal" grease content......Lol

Bubstr
08-28-2016, 05:53 PM
Let me get this right. The five cheaters get caught cheating, or as some put it, stealing money from honest competitors. Now they want to steal this money using the court system. If there wasn't so many that checked out legal at the same time these guys where caught, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

As far as the weight issue, You use the scale at the track on that night, not a month later. Scott s still trying to cheat the other competitors out of that 21 lbs.

As far as the tires go, The chain of custody for counter evidence has to meet the same requirements as the WRG tire evidence. There is no way of knowing where or what has been done to any later samples and do the pre tested samples match the original samples. I remind you that 32 tires where checked that night and 27 passed.

Clayton_Wetter
08-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Let me get this right. The five cheaters get caught cheating, or as some put it, stealing money from honest competitors. Now they want to steal this money using the court system. If there wasn't so many that checked out legal at the same time these guys where caught, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

As far as the weight issue, You use the scale at the track on that night, not a month later. Scott s still trying to cheat the other competitors out of that 21 lbs.

As far as the tires go, The chain of custody for counter evidence has to meet the same requirements as the WRG tire evidence. There is no way of knowing where or what has been done to any later samples and do the pre tested samples match the original samples. I remind you that 32 tires where checked that night and 27 passed.

How did they get caught cheating? You are assuming that the scales were totally correct when it is proven that they were not?

Can you name ANY illegal compounds on the Zero car?

old fan
08-28-2016, 06:02 PM
details details details lol

old fan
08-28-2016, 06:03 PM
How did they get caught cheating? You are assuming that the scales were totally correct when it is proven that they were not? Can you name ANY illegal compounds on the Zero car? read the rule book

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 06:11 PM
Nobody is talking about how the suit is filed in New York over races in Ohio and the defendants are located in North Carolina and Indiana. That all points to a very weak case that hopes people in New York are still butthurt over the Stewart/Ward incident. It's slimy as all h*ll.

Most of them get Filed in the state of New York.. Cant remember why but they do i think that there is a reason... I just cant remember why .. I think there is a court just for some cases so they get opened there..... try too look it up...

3 wide
08-28-2016, 06:12 PM
Didn't he have to way earlier in the night if not he did the night before if he weighed correct then why not after the race if they win this it will be a miracle I could argue this case

ClampedUp
08-28-2016, 06:17 PM
I find it amusing that some who are defending WRG/WoO/UMP tooth and nail are some of the same ones that were calling them the anti-Christ of the dirt late model world and preaching their demise every chance they got.

old fan
08-28-2016, 06:18 PM
bloomer fans don't want to hear that besides the car has to weight more at the begining of the race than at the end he probably used 2 or more gallons of fuel more than calculated

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 06:22 PM
I find it amusing that some who are defending WRG/WoO/UMP tooth and nail are some of the same ones that were calling them the anti-Christ of the dirt late model world and preaching their demise every chance they got.

Nawww, they are just Bloomer haters!.....but are they going to hate Owens,Satterlee,Bshep, and Thornton as well?

We know the answer to that one!

Cardirt0
08-28-2016, 06:23 PM

Is kind of Funny ant it...

3 wide
08-28-2016, 06:28 PM
No I just don't like cheaters I don't care who they are like I said he didn't sue earl the year he was light at the scales and why was nobody else light if the scales were that far off oh I know what it was he had to way first that's probably what it was.

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 06:32 PM
No I just don't like cheaters I don't care who they are like I said he didn't sue earl the year he was light at the scales and why was nobody else light if the scales were that far off oh I know what it was he had to way first that's probably what it was.

Seems to me Eldora is the cheater! If you're too cheap/lazy to pay the state $100 to have your scales checked, whats that say about a track?

Clayton_Wetter
08-28-2016, 06:33 PM
read the rule book

Make me!!!! :)

Next time get the DAM scales calibrated and certified!!! Then it's actually official!!!

Now go pound more sand!

old fan
08-28-2016, 06:34 PM
oh that's right you are a govt worker you don't know how to read

old fan
08-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Seems to me Eldora is the cheater! If you're too cheap/lazy to pay the state $100 to have your scales checked, whats that say about a track? track scales prevail you never hear problems with other classes its always bloomer saying I A didn't do any wrong face it he used to much or didn't fill the fuel rank things happen

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 06:49 PM
track scales prevail you never hear problems with other classes its always bloomer saying I A didn't do any wrong face it he used to much or didn't fill the fuel rank things happen

^^^^^^^so says the guy that tripped over a micro-crack in the sidewalk ...and sued the state and won!

old fan
08-28-2016, 06:57 PM
and your point is bloomer fan

Bubstr
08-28-2016, 07:33 PM
How did they get caught cheating? You are assuming that the scales were totally correct when it is proven that they were not?

Can you name ANY illegal compounds on the Zero car?

They where not proven to be incorrect on the night of the race. The scales where looked at a month later and who knows what criteria they where held to.

I can name the illegal compounds that where in the 27 other samples that where taken that night. NONE. What makes those 5 so special, that they are allowed to cheat?

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 07:33 PM
and your point is bloomer fan

Its called HYPOCRISY.....you sued because you think you were done wrong by the state, and the 5 sue, because they think they were done wrong. But in your eyes ur right and theyre wrong.....go figure!

3 wide
08-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Didn't everybody weigh on the same scales then why wasn't somebody else light .

old fan
08-28-2016, 07:37 PM
how were they done wrong, the labs don't lie or know who is what or care to know who what and where it happened either

old fan
08-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Didn't everybody weigh on the same scales then why wasn't somebody else light .bloomer gets a special scale lol

old fan
08-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Can you name ANY illegal compounds on the Zero car? can you name any that wasn't on the car

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 07:42 PM
how were they done wrong, the labs don't lie or know who is what or care to know who what and where it happened either

The key word is they "think" they were done wrong. None of us on here knows the exact process the series uses.
Every one that sues "thinks" they were done wrong.

LOL....Hasn't Bloomer repeatedly in his interviews said the Scalegate wasn't over? I guess yall know now, he wasn't kiddin!

3 wide
08-28-2016, 07:53 PM
I would like to hear the defense when the judge says what did the other 20 something cars weigh.

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 07:56 PM
I would like to hear the defense when the judge says what did the other 20 something cars weigh.

They only weigh the top 3.

old fan
08-28-2016, 07:57 PM
but bloomer was the only on that got caught that cried all the way home

old fan
08-28-2016, 08:03 PM
The key word is they "think" they were done wrong. None of us on here knows the exact process the series uses.Every one that sues "thinks" they were done wrong.LOL....Hasn't Bloomer repeatedly in his interviews said the Scalegate wasn't over? I guess yall know now, he wasn't kiddin! he pushes this to far he might racing considerably less by the way when was the last time he admitted doing something wrong that a goat wasn't part of it lol

a25rjr
08-28-2016, 08:04 PM
but bloomer was the only on that got caught that cried all the way home

He'll be cryin all the way home with $3.3 mil when its over!

Clayton_Wetter
08-28-2016, 08:14 PM
They where not proven to be incorrect on the night of the race. The scales where looked at a month later and who knows what criteria they where held to.

I can name the illegal compounds that where in the 27 other samples that where taken that night. NONE. What makes those 5 so special, that they are allowed to cheat?

You related to old fan???? hahahhahhahahaaaaaaaaaa

Clayton_Wetter
08-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Can you name ANY illegal compounds on the Zero car? can you name any that wasn't on the car

No you name the illegal ones first!

old fan
08-28-2016, 08:19 PM
He'll be cryin all the way home with $3.3 mil when its over!FROM WRG that's rich but if does happen dirtcar could be done which will affect many racers fans and tracks great job SCOTT many of those tracks are one that would've ran on short track is already hurting and This bozo wants to finish it off

tsand
08-28-2016, 08:29 PM
If they win or lose the lawsuit WRG will be fine . Ever here of insurance. Which will probably cover most of the expense of the lawyers and any judgements.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 08:33 PM
FROM WRG that's rich but if does happen dirtcar could be done which will affect many racers fans and tracks great job SCOTT many of those tracks are one that would've ran on short track is already hurting and This bozo wants to finish it off

Its all about bloomer. Thats all that matters. All Hes worried about is image and repitation cuz eldora makes him look like a cheat.

Hey mr bloomer you got your cheatn repatition way before eldora.

Krooser
08-28-2016, 08:44 PM
When I was in management at a few pavement tracks we weighed the cars BEFORE they raced. If the car was light it was fixed before it hit the track. End of problem....

old fan
08-28-2016, 08:54 PM
If they win or lose the lawsuit WRG will be fine . Ever here of insurance. Which will probably cover most of the expense of the lawyers and any judgements.so what is the point of the lawsuit bloomers and owens reputation was ruined way before this incident the other not so

3 wide
08-28-2016, 09:03 PM
Let me see if I got this wright they raced for 3 days weighed cars every day and one car comes up lite and there is something wrong with the scales if you sell this in the court it will be a miracle.

old fan
08-28-2016, 09:09 PM
that's the same with tire all others came back legal but the naughty 5

jetwind
08-28-2016, 09:15 PM
that's the same with tire all others came back legal but the naughty 5

oh just like feger he passed a poly he never cheated either the system is flawed just like early dna it will get better with time

old fan
08-28-2016, 09:17 PM
that was screwed up deal plus a sewer processing right next who knows what happen there but he paid for the crime and moved on unlike bloomer and owens

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 09:41 PM
Let me see if I got this wright they raced for 3 days weighed cars every day and one car comes up lite and there is something wrong with the scales if you sell this in the court it will be a miracle.

If bloomer wasnt involved thats exactlly what bloomer fans would say but since its there boy its a different game.
It just makes ya sick how they worship that cheant lil fkr

big88fan
08-28-2016, 09:42 PM
A couple things here, the dam cars weigh 2300 pounds. And just because you have the "right" to do something doesn't mean there aren't any consequences to that action. There's a lot of cake bakers that thought they had the right to refuse gay couples wedding cakes, and they did. They also had the right to get the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sued out of them over it. Just like this wrg, they can do what ever the fuk they want to. But often times there are negative consequences to those types of actions. And right now they are paying for being stubborn jack asses. They were given an option to remedy it the right way and refused, now they are going to pay way more than doing it the right way.

t3r3e3
08-28-2016, 09:48 PM

Does seem dirty. On the flip side, isn't WRG headquartered in NY. Since they own UMP, maybe that's why it is there?

old fan
08-28-2016, 09:52 PM
what would the right way ban the 5 for life and yes it could still happen those 5 were wrong according to the labs what more do you want , if that happen to some of the lesser known drivers would this all come to pass I think not they all were sold a bill of good for tire doping or they had some thing on the tires that will trigger it off also

old fan
08-28-2016, 09:54 PM
http://www.lead411.com/company_WorldRacingGroup_Carter_63924.html may help you and where is Roger Slack from

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 10:02 PM
SsThere is many Bloomer fans. That have been a fan bloomer for 15 -20 years. Where is all those Jd fans from last year. Just a bunch of bandwagon jumpers. I have been a fan of bloomer since late 90s. Jd will be an after thought next year.

racingfool32
08-28-2016, 10:03 PM
Ole snort never had a problem collecting the checks from the non certified scales!!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 10:04 PM
Does seem dirty. On the flip side, isn't WRG headquartered in NY. Since they own UMP, maybe that's why it is there?

They were base out of ny but moved headquarters to chrlt nc.

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 10:07 PM
He will continue to keep collecting those checks. Hate him or love him. He's the best there is. He draws more fans to the track. Than any other driver out there.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 10:09 PM
SsThere is many Bloomer fans. That have been a fan bloomer for 15 -20 years. Where is all those Jd fans from last year. Just a bunch of bandwagon jumpers. I have been a fan of bloomer since late 90s. Jd will be an after thought next year.

Just because jd doesnt race against your boy doesnt mean hes a nobody and doesnt win races. If ya dont race against bloomer u aint chit.
I get it.

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 10:13 PM
SsYour superman won't be running against the best competition weekly next year. What's that tell you right there? Jd won't be on woo tour or Lucas tour next year.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 10:17 PM
SsYour superman won't be running against the best competition weekly next year. What's that tell you right there? Jd won't be on woo tour or Lucas tour next year.

Your telling me things i k 2 mos ago. Theres other things ik that you dk.

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 10:22 PM
He is over rated. We all know that. If he doesn't run the Lucas or woo tour next year. That's shows he can't hang with the big boys. He can go dominate some lower level racing series. Which nothing against those series. He most likely won't even be driving the 6 car next year.

kidrock
08-28-2016, 10:28 PM
If he doesn't run the lucas deal next year it won't be because, he's afraid to it will be because, the Rumley's don't want to run it. They had no intentions of following the tour last year but was ahead in points after leaving speedweeks and then went on to ein the Championship. They have already proven they can run with the lucas boys no need to prove that again.

As far as the law suit goes Tony has Lots of money so, if they are suing Tony this could drag out in court for quite a while.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 10:28 PM
He is over rated. With both know that. If he doesn't run the Lucas or woo tour next year. That's shows he can't hang with the big boys. He can go dominate some lower level racing series. Which nothing against those series. He most likely won't even be driving the 6 car next year.

Even if he dnt dr the 6 car that dnt meen chit about him or the 6 car.

As long as twinkle toes is drivn th 0 that all you got to worrie about.
Ik what jd did last yr in lucas. Things just arent going like they were last yr and he prolly overdriving and frustrated.

Hovlane
08-28-2016, 10:33 PM
It doesn't appear that this case was filed in New York State court. It was filed with Federal US court's Northern New York District. With most parties being from different states, filings to the court can be made electronicly under the federal system. It's really not that big of a deal where they file. The case can be transfered to any district if it is beleived to be filed in the incorrect one. Really has no bearing on the outcome of the case. Bottom line it's a Federal law suit, not a State of New York law suit.

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 10:33 PM
Because you can't be the best driver. Just relying on the cushion majority of the time. Look at the best drivers. They are able to drive on bottom and win. They can drive in the middle of the track and win. Plus be able to rid the top and win. Bloomquist Moyer etcBut why go up top and bang of the cushion. When you can win in the areas of the track. Plus less likely to trash your equipment

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 10:34 PM
If he doesn't run the lucas deal next year it won't be because, he's afraid to it will be because, the Rumley's don't want to run it. They had no intentions of following the tour last year but was ahead in points after leaving speedweeks and then went on to ein the Championship. They have already proven they can run with the lucas boys no need to prove that again.

As far as the law suit goes Tony has Lots of money so, if they are suing Tony this could drag out in court for quite a while.

Yea its up to rumleys to race there car when and where the rumleys want not jd. Jd want to race every wknd if he can.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 10:36 PM
It doesn't appear that this case was filed in New York State court. It was filed with Federal US court's Northern New York District. With most parties being from different states, filings to the court can be made electronicly under the federal system. It's really not that big of a deal where they file. The case can be transfered to any district if it is beleived to be filed in the incorrect one. Really has no bearing on the outcome of the case. Bottom line it's a Federal law suit, not a State of New York law suit.

There atty is in ny. Dk if that has anythg to do w it

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 10:37 PM
One season winning the Lucas tour. Doesn't prove much. Be there every contending for it. Not just one season

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 10:38 PM
Because you can't be the best driver. Just relying on the cushion majority of the time. Look at the best drivers. They are able to drive on bottom and win. They can drive in the middle of the track and win. Plus be able to rid the top and win. Bloomquist Moyer etcBut why go up top and bang of the cushion. When you can win in the areas of the track. Plus less likely to trash your equipment

I understand that but thats where jd runs so i guess next time you see him in pits at your next race go over and ask him so you get the answer your looking for..

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 10:38 PM
If Jd's that great. He would have no problem picking up a ride for woo or Lucas your next season.

Dirt Racing #1
08-28-2016, 10:40 PM
I don't need to ask him. We know he can't run low or in the middle of the track. He had one style of driving. Just not going to cut it in the long run.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 10:40 PM
If Jd's that great. He would have no problem picking up a ride for woo or Lucas your next season.

Well just have to see what happens. So if he decides to not run then he aint chit right

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 10:41 PM
I don't need to ask him. We know he can't run low or in the middle of the track.

So ur saying his only wins come from up top. What a bunch of bs. No more to say.

kidrock
08-28-2016, 10:42 PM

Can the feds throw it to a lower court or back to the state?

Hovlane
08-28-2016, 10:47 PM
It will start at a lower fed court to begin with. They won't push it down to a lower state court it didn't start at a state court level.

Hovlane
08-28-2016, 10:50 PM
Federal court works alot like the state court systems. They have simililar procedures and such and the whole country is their juristdiction.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-28-2016, 11:01 PM
I don't need to ask him. We know he can't run low or in the middle of the track. He had one style of driving. Just not going to cut it in the long run.

Ya know i was a diehard richie evans fan & still am. He was the best ever to set in a mod but i dnt act like you bloomer fans. Ik he was the greatest and let whoever race against him and beat him if they could. Its just really pathetic how yall are.

oldfart50
08-28-2016, 11:02 PM
I find a couple of things kinda funny here. First all you trailer park attorneys who believe the scales were off because they allege so in their lawsuit. You do know they can claim anything in the filing and just because they do does not make it fact? They could have added two Unicorns were present while the scales were being tested and you people would be talking about how amazing it is that Unicorns showed up at a race track. Why would the track have allowed anyone to run test on the scales? If the state came in and ran test why and how would Bloomer and his slimy gang have the results? Now the funniest thing in this lawsuit has to be that Bloomer is claiming his reputation has been hurt. Is this the same guy who has been caught cheating on tires how many times? Is this the same guy that has drug convictions on his record? How do you hurt the reputation of a proven scumbag? I mean that is Richard Pryor kinda funny... The biggest mistake they have made is including Tony in this. He will spend a million dollars on attorneys just to break these guys. The five of them together do not have and can not come up with millions of dollars to fight this. They can not win, If by some crazy azz chance they do win I hope you all know it will be the end of short track racing. Not the start to the end but an instant stop to the sport. Not a single promoter in America will take the chance on loosing everything they have if a bunch of cheaters decide to sue them. This bogus lawsuit only proves that Bloomer is a much bigger scumbag than even I thought he was... Doug Wolfgang had the entire racing world turn on him because he sued to get money that he needed and deserved, yet many of you seem to think this is great because it is Bloomer. He should be banned from ever racing a car again.

Hovlane
08-28-2016, 11:17 PM
More than likely these 5 combined can match Tony Stewart dollar for dollar, some of these team owners are very succsesful. Both sides have millions to spend on this if they so desire. Just the fact that this case was filed reguardless of the out come is going to have an effect on the sport. Every series and track owner has to be questioning how they should move forward in the area of rules and penalties. I better make 100 percent sure I have a violation before I DQ somebody. Or I might be next. I don't think most series or track owner have the resources of WRG and ELDORA SPEEDWAY.

bleedsbluer2
08-28-2016, 11:48 PM

They only weigh top 3 after race not every car

kidrock
08-29-2016, 06:05 AM
One season winning the Lucas tour. Doesn't prove much. Be there every contending for it. Not just one season

But it does prove he can win in the lucas series.

old fan
08-29-2016, 07:12 AM
I dont think so Bloomer wants his name cleared .. Hes tired of being called a cheat ..If he did not cheat .. Would you be mad if you know you car was 3200 pounds and they say it is not I would be....I think They want it too were If you call me a Cheat you better be Dam right on it... its 2300 lbs and the scales are there all weekend to check you car out who is to say his scales are calibrated PLUS TRACK SCALES PREVAIL

old fan
08-29-2016, 07:14 AM
they only weigh top 3 after race not every carand your point is beleive the year he was caught he won which make hime top three duh!!!!! and the labs showed which tires not weight complied to the rules

old fan
08-29-2016, 07:45 AM
bloomer says he want to clear his name really scott https://www.bing.com/search?q=scott+bloomquist+cheating&form=EDGHPC&qs=SC&cvid=6129edde787949e8a3ce8d50fd817087&pq=scott+bloomquist+chear

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 08:04 AM
I find a couple of things kinda funny here. First all you trailer park attorneys who believe the scales were off because they allege so in their lawsuit. You do know they can claim anything in the filing and just because they do does not make it fact? They could have added two Unicorns were present while the scales were being tested and you people would be talking about how amazing it is that Unicorns showed up at a race track. Why would the track have allowed anyone to run test on the scales? If the state came in and ran test why and how would Bloomer and his slimy gang have the results? Now the funniest thing in this lawsuit has to be that Bloomer is claiming his reputation has been hurt. Is this the same guy who has been caught cheating on tires how many times? Is this the same guy that has drug convictions on his record? How do you hurt the reputation of a proven scumbag? I mean that is Richard Pryor kinda funny... The biggest mistake they have made is including Tony in this. He will spend a million dollars on attorneys just to break these guys. The five of them together do not have and can not come up with millions of dollars to fight this. They can not win, If by some crazy azz chance they do win I hope you all know it will be the end of short track racing. Not the start to the end but an instant stop to the sport. Not a single promoter in America will take the chance on loosing everything they have if a bunch of cheaters decide to sue them. This bogus lawsuit only proves that Bloomer is a much bigger scumbag than even I thought he was... Doug Wolfgang had the entire racing world turn on him because he sued to get money that he needed and deserved, yet many of you seem to think this is great because it is Bloomer. He should be banned from ever racing a car again.

But wait, I thought only the tin foil hat club thought this would be filed????everybody else said we were all crazy and we didn't know what the h ell we were talking about.

First , changes to the tire rules and now this????whatever will those boys in the club come up with next pray tell????

Laughing silently on the inside.

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 08:07 AM

And it's not the end of racing at all.......just means these tracks and promoters better have their s hit together from now on before they arbitrarily label someone as a cheater.

As it should be.

In no way changes the format used on 4 m to label you as an idiot......those processes remain the same.

Speaking of idiots, where the heck are those three noisy cicadas that were so sure of everything a while back??.......umpskirt, Heinz 57, husker girl????..........Girl Scout camp should be over by now?

old fan
08-29-2016, 08:12 AM
https://www.bing.com/search?q=scott+bloomquist+cheating&form=EDGHPC&qs=SC&cvid=6129edde787949e8a3ce8d50fd817087&pq=scott+bloomquist+chear really now

old fan
08-29-2016, 08:24 AM
bloomer miss judged how much fuel he used how much he weighed even wheel covers its all brought in the picture those scales are open all weekend long also if in doubt checked it a couple times

a25rjr
08-29-2016, 08:32 AM
But wait, I thought only the tin foil hat club thought this would be filed????everybody else said we were all crazy and we didn't know what the h ell we were talking about.

First , changes to the tire rules and now this????whatever will those boys in the club come up with next pray tell????

Laughing silently on the inside.

LOL.....how many times has Bloomer stated in his interviews that it wasn't over?......and those same 4m experts laughed it off!

Who's laughing now? LOL

old fan
08-29-2016, 08:35 AM
and how many time has he been caught cheating

old fan
08-29-2016, 08:36 AM
seems funny according DIRTONDIRT TOM DEERY DIRECTOR OF WRG KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT IT

jog49
08-29-2016, 08:47 AM

4M would be held in contempt of court for sending a dunce to the proceeding!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-29-2016, 08:49 AM
bloomer says he want to clear his name really scott https://www.bing.com/search?q=scott+bloomquist+cheating&form=EDGHPC&qs=SC&cvid=6129edde787949e8a3ce8d50fd817087&pq=scott+bloomquist+chear

Yea thats a big joke putting that in his lawsuit.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-29-2016, 08:55 AM
LOL.....how many times has Bloomer stated in his interviews that it wasn't over?......and those same 4m experts laughed it off!

Who's laughing now? LOL

Well bloomer will prolly win as corupt as the court system is.
It fits him perfect.

Look at all the innosent people that were found guilty and all the guilty that walk.

U go GIRL oops SCOTT sorry got caught up in the moment

a25rjr
08-29-2016, 09:13 AM
Well bloomer will prolly win as corupt as the court system is.
It fits him perfect.

Look at all the innosent people that were found guilty and all the guilty that walk.

U go GIRL oops SCOTT sorry got caught up in the moment

I think its funny that everyone keeps saying bloomer this bloomer that.......what about the other 4?

That's called hypocrisy or double standards or better yet....HATER.....whichever you prefer!

buster83
08-29-2016, 09:22 AM
the deal on the tires they did not fail for any substance abuse, should be case closed but tires lacked a chemical,nothing new here very possible after a few laps they had.but they ran a recheck on tires and they passed. this sounded fishy from the start it`s as if wrg wanted these tires to fail or the technicians are not properly trained.

davis2902
08-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Bloomquist is using the same attorney that represented him when he got caught by WRG in 2009. Seems like that 6 month suspension held up. I don't see anything becoming of this any time soon.

BloomerHarvickFan
08-29-2016, 09:41 AM
If the scales were that far off why wasn't somebody else light at the scales beside bloom quiet this ain't the first time he has been light at eldora he didn't sue nobody last time he should of saved his money this tim

Wouldn't the fact that he didn't sue before lend credibility to the lawsuit? Maybe the last time he knew why he weighed light, and this time, knew for certain he wouldn't be light.

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 09:43 AM

Who's laughing now? LOL

Well, me for one........but only at 4 ms version of Charlie's Angels.

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 09:46 AM
the deal on the tires they did not fail for any substance abuse, should be case closed but tires lacked a chemical,nothing new here very possible after a few laps they had.but they ran a recheck on tires and they passed. this sounded fishy from the start it`s as if wrg wanted these tires to fail or the technicians are not properly trained.

Tin foil hats are adjustable and very comfortable if made correctly .........welcome to the club.......we welcome anyone.

Cardirt0
08-29-2016, 10:13 AM
4M would be held in contempt of court for sending a dunce to the proceeding!

Who put you in charge of 4M... Dunce been called a lot of things Just dont care no more.. If it makes you a Big man do it...I know what i have done and were I have been and I am good with it...I know I am going home soon..1/2 the people on here will Still $uck when i do...Peace Love and the Best too you Cause You are what You are.....

a25rjr
08-29-2016, 10:24 AM
This isn't NASCAR, the average track does not have a single full time employee. This will just add to the list of stuff that they will need to keep track of.

Right now we go by track scales, we always have with no issues. Cars come through and get weighed early in the night, and adjust if need be. I'm sure that is how it works at Eldora as well. Every car rolls across the same set of scales all week. Now tracks that might even be operating in the red weekly need to spring for another expense and more importantly someone needs to spend more time away from their job that likely pays the bills to have someone come inspect their scales on the time because a lawsuit completely ruined the system that has been working for 50+ years.

Same deal on the tires, all tires are sent to the same lab (this lab tests hundreds of tires annually) 32 tires were tested, 27 passed. Do you think the average track has the means to do anything more than seal the samples in an evidence bag or container? Do they need to fund their own lab on site? Make tires completely open? Not only do drivers currently want to spend less time prepping tires (as in many drivers are thrilled with the no maintenance tire rule at Eldora) but now they will have to groove, sipe, soak and whatever else their tires? I know I don't have time for that. As it is I won't be able to race more than 12-15 races a year because of the regular maintenance that goes on in between races, add in 8-10 more hours of tire prep and I just simply won't have time to do it at all -- and I'm sure there are a lot of drivers that feel the same way. That is the health risks aside which is an actual concern to me (and many others) -- maybe it isn't to you but we need everyone who currently supports racing and more to keep this sport going so our concerns are important even though others don't care about their health.

If they win this case it will be the end of dirt racing, what can't you sue for?

A driver punts you out of the way and the track does not put him to the back -- should said track expect court documents on Monday morning?

A rain delay forces a track to run on Sunday with less fans and cars and has to cut the purse but you already drove all the way to Michigan? Should the track expect court documents on Monday morning?

A driver goes through the tech and has too wide of a deck and gets DQed, should the driver sue and force the tech person to have eyes examined? Send the tape measure back to make sure it is 100% accurate?

In a lot of those situations it might be easy for a track to win, but it isn't easy for them to retain a lawyer, and all the costs associated with that. When you get this kind of stuff involved in dirt racing it is BAD. Anyone who thinks the demise of WRG would be a good thing is incorrect, your opinion is wrong. WRG is responsible for companies like Craftsman getting involved in dirt racing (if you don't think it has been beneficial just ask any WoO driver). They put on events like The World Finals, The Hell Tour, etc. which everyone loves. Do you think there is an organization out there that can just jump in and bring all the sponsors, and tracks together and put up that purse money guaranteed for all those Hell Tour shows? Not likely. Is there any other Sprint Tour out there that can just step in and bring the best Sprint drivers to Charlotte every Fall guaranteed (no, the only other possibilities owner is also stated in the lawsuit), same with the Dirtcar seires. It's bad. Very bad.

And the 50 year old system has been broken for 50 years and needs to be fixed. If you ever start racing and spend $2000 for a set of scales, you will see how frustrating it is. You know your scales are right but yet when you use the antiquated track scales you are 30 lbs light/heavy, so you have to ad or remove lead/fuel. Then your whole setup is off.

As far as the prep issue, it needs to be tweaked or if it cannot be, done away with. Theres way too many variables esp when a lot of money is on the line as well as drivers reputations.

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 10:38 AM
This isn't NASCAR, the average track does not have a single full time employee. This will just add to the list of stuff that they will need to keep track of.

Right now we go by track scales, we always have with no issues. Cars come through and get weighed early in the night, and adjust if need be. I'm sure that is how it works at Eldora as well. Every car rolls across the same set of scales all week. Now tracks that might even be operating in the red weekly need to spring for another expense and more importantly someone needs to spend more time away from their job that likely pays the bills to have someone come inspect their scales on the time because a lawsuit completely ruined the system that has been working for 50+ years.

Same deal on the tires, all tires are sent to the same lab (this lab tests hundreds of tires annually) 32 tires were tested, 27 passed. Do you think the average track has the means to do anything more than seal the samples in an evidence bag or container? Do they need to fund their own lab on site? Make tires completely open? Not only do drivers currently want to spend less time prepping tires (as in many drivers are thrilled with the no maintenance tire rule at Eldora) but now they will have to groove, sipe, soak and whatever else their tires? I know I don't have time for that. As it is I won't be able to race more than 12-15 races a year because of the regular maintenance that goes on in between races, add in 8-10 more hours of tire prep and I just simply won't have time to do it at all -- and I'm sure there are a lot of drivers that feel the same way. That is the health risks aside which is an actual concern to me (and many others) -- maybe it isn't to you but we need everyone who currently supports racing and more to keep this sport going so our concerns are important even though others don't care about their health.

If they win this case it will be the end of dirt racing, what can't you sue for?

A driver punts you out of the way and the track does not put him to the back -- should said track expect court documents on Monday morning?

A rain delay forces a track to run on Sunday with less fans and cars and has to cut the purse but you already drove all the way to Michigan? Should the track expect court documents on Monday morning?

A driver goes through the tech and has too wide of a deck and gets DQed, should the driver sue and force the tech person to have eyes examined? Send the tape measure back to make sure it is 100% accurate?

In a lot of those situations it might be easy for a track to win, but it isn't easy for them to retain a lawyer, and all the costs associated with that. When you get this kind of stuff involved in dirt racing it is BAD. Anyone who thinks the demise of WRG would be a good thing is incorrect, your opinion is wrong. WRG is responsible for companies like Craftsman getting involved in dirt racing (if you don't think it has been beneficial just ask any WoO driver). They put on events like The World Finals, The Hell Tour, etc. which everyone loves. Do you think there is an organization out there that can just jump in and bring all the sponsors, and tracks together and put up that purse money guaranteed for all those Hell Tour shows? Not likely. Is there any other Sprint Tour out there that can just step in and bring the best Sprint drivers to Charlotte every Fall guaranteed (no, the only other possibilities owner is also stated in the lawsuit), same with the Dirtcar seires. It's bad. Very bad.

Then they ( woo, Lucas and whoever runs the sanctions )should get it right..............long gone are the days of trusting Sam or whomever just because they say we should.

Guys are smarter than that.

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 10:44 AM
I guarantee if you get 50 people together those $2000 sets of scales and test the same car on all 50 you will have several different numbers. It is never going to be perfect. Regardless of what happens track scales will always need to be the rule, or we can't weigh cars and just let everyone get into a free for all of buying the most lightweight parts you can buy. I already have a set of scales and have seen a car roll off them and have a different weight at the track, you make adjustments and move on. If we start playing it any differently we will have each driver bringing their own set of scales to the track to prove their car is right -- I would say the current system works better.

If they start allowing people to prep tires I'm out, I simply don't have the time. I've already got a taste of what it takes to prep tires helping out friends this year and adding in more prep on top of that is going to eliminate a whole group of potential racers who just don't have that much time. 20-30 hours between races for maintenance is already crazy for a hobby. As the car counts continue to decline we need to be looking at ways to get more drivers to run, not alienate the few that we have now.

Thanks,
Jeff.
So you say if they go open and allow prep your out, but aren't you part of the same group that says everybody is doing it already anyway?( and if your not I apologize )

It's a very confusing to watch all you guys that say they all cheat get all huffy when the ones that say they don't try and defend their position........

Cardirt0
08-29-2016, 10:45 AM
And the 50 year old system has been broken for 50 years and needs to be fixed. If you ever start racing and spend $2000 for a set of scales, you will see how frustrating it is. You know your scales are right but yet when you use the antiquated track scales you are 30 lbs light/heavy, so you have to ad or remove lead/fuel. Then your whole setup is off.

As far as the prep issue, it needs to be tweaked or if it cannot be, done away with. Theres way too many variables esp when a lot of money is on the line as well as drivers reputations.

Just fix it .. that be too easy...This was going too happen, The thing is WRG cant live with out the drivers,,, But the Drivers can Live with out WRG... One Group runs it for a wile, and then a new one comes in, then a new on comes in.....If UMP dies something will come in and replace it.. lets just hope its better.....If it dont work out the only dirt racing will be on a Game board....

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 10:49 AM
Well then it is a good thing you have other hobbies, because if that is the case I expect racing to make a sharp decline in the coming years. If drivers start handing out lawsuits over anything that bothers them then I'm not going to be able to tech any of the cars in the series I run, I don't want to risk my house and my livelihood because someone can't accept they got DQed. Then I would either have to lose a case or hire a lawyer (to never be compensated back for it) at that point I'll just fold the series and move on, and I expect many others would do the same. Racing is awesome, but it isn't worth all the hard work that goes into making a series or a track successful for very little reward as is and then on top of that you have to worry about this kind of stuff now too.

Or you could just get it right and have good systems in place .........before you label someone a cheater.

And I have plenty of hobbies for what it's worth........if dirt racing goes down the tubes because guys have no other recourse than to take someone to court instead of having systems in place that are consistent, accurate and without reproach........then big time dirt racing needs to fail anyway.

It's only a matter of time.

a25rjr
08-29-2016, 10:49 AM
I guarantee if you get 50 people together those $2000 sets of scales and test the same car on all 50 you will have several different numbers. It is never going to be perfect. Regardless of what happens track scales will always need to be the rule, or we can't weigh cars and just let everyone get into a free for all of buying the most lightweight parts you can buy. I already have a set of scales and have seen a car roll off them and have a different weight at the track, you make adjustments and move on. If we start playing it any differently we will have each driver bringing their own set of scales to the track to prove their car is right -- I would say the current system works better.

If they start allowing people to prep tires I'm out, I simply don't have the time. I've already got a taste of what it takes to prep tires helping out friends this year and adding in more prep on top of that is going to eliminate a whole group of potential racers who just don't have that much time. 20-30 hours between races for maintenance is already crazy for a hobby. As the car counts continue to decline we need to be looking at ways to get more drivers to run, not alienate the few that we have now.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Theres nothing wrong with tracks having older scales. Just get them checked annually or whatever your state laws are.

If someone doesn't want to spend 20 hours on their car during the week, they probly aren't too serious about it. And that's ok but they aren't going to get the results that the more serious racer does!

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Well then it is a good thing you have other hobbies, because if that is the case I expect racing to make a sharp decline in the coming years. If drivers start handing out lawsuits over anything that bothers them then I'm not going to be able to tech any of the cars in the series I run, I don't want to risk my house and my livelihood because someone can't accept they got DQed. Then I would either have to lose a case or hire a lawyer (to never be compensated back for it) at that point I'll just fold the series and move on, and I expect many others would do the same. Racing is awesome, but it isn't worth all the hard work that goes into making a series or a track successful for very little reward as is and then on top of that you have to worry about this kind of stuff now too.

Instead of worrying about only yourself as a promoter or series official,You should be equally as concerned in labeling someone a cheater..............when you aren't really certain if they are or not.

heinen81
08-29-2016, 10:51 AM
I don't understand all the idiotic "track scales prevail" comments. The law prevails, and if those scales are being used to determine pay, trade, freight or commerce... its law they are verified at specific intervals by the Department of Weights and Measure, or in Ohio's case, the Agricultural Department. I wont speak to the tire situation, but as far as the scales... if the state came in and measured them, and they were proven to be inaccurate... Bloomquist has this, and deservingly so! That would be like a farmer pulling up to a grain scale and being shorted thousands by an inaccurate scale, but saying that is ok because that sites scales prevail. Nope.

ptown
08-29-2016, 10:55 AM
Can some of the Bloomquist supporters explain why three other cars weighed ok and his didn't?

Cardirt0
08-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Then they ( woo, Lucas and whoever runs the sanctions )should get it right..............long gone are the days of trusting Sam or whomever just because they say we should.

Guys are smarter than that.

I have know Sam for a long time and he seems like a nice guy...But when you become the Joke at the track... Its time for a change... UMP has seen its better days...Look at the SN Not what they use too be...This maybe just what the Sport needed to clean it up.....UMP and a Racing Group should never have been Owned by the same people....

heinen81
08-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Can some of the Bloomquist supporters explain why three other cars weighed ok and his didn't?

They may NOT have weighed "ok", but just not been at a point where it put them light. it's not uncommon for allot of cars to roll off the scale 50-100+lbs heavier than what the rules state for various reasons. Scott was always very close in that department, hence the times you see him drive under the tires and over the cushion before scaling, to pick up mud.

Cardirt0
08-29-2016, 11:07 AM
Have you ever raced or been involved with racing on the other side of the fence before? I think it is custom all across the country. You weigh your car after warm ups, or whenever but sometime before the feature you weigh your car. If they scales are off by 11lb and it says you weigh 2989 instead of 2300 then it says the same for every single car. You adjust to track scales (as has been done since pretty much the beginning of racing) and you move on. It has literally always been that way in dirt racing, asphalt racing and any other racing requiring scales that isn't called F1 or NASCAR (aka has tons of money, and employees to manage this stuff).

Thanks,
Jeff.

You are Some what right, But this happened at a track that has the Money the F1 and NASCAR has.. Smoke ant Broke gots lots of money...Was a big money race and that means it should be run like a Big money race... Not a home town race track....

heinen81
08-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Have you ever raced or been involved with racing on the other side of the fence before? I think it is custom all across the country. You weigh your car after warm ups, or whenever but sometime before the feature you weigh your car. If they scales are off by 11lb and it says you weigh 2989 instead of 2300 then it says the same for every single car. You adjust to track scales (as has been done since pretty much the beginning of racing) and you move on. It has literally always been that way in dirt racing, asphalt racing and any other racing requiring scales that isn't called F1 or NASCAR (aka has tons of money, and employees to manage this stuff).

Thanks,
Jeff.

Yes, I travel weekly with a 410 sprint car team. I 100% agree with what you are saying, esp the part about being done this way since the beginning of racing. That is the gentleman's look at how it is done and has been forever, unfortunately it is not the laws, and now the law is involved. I would have to say if we won $100,000 at the Kings Royal and came up light, I would ask to see the current State scale sticker, and if there wasn't one or it was expired... the car would not move until it was inspected and verified. I agree if the scale is off, it is off for everyone, but not everyone plays the weight so close to the limit. If they had the weight figured to within 10 lbs, and the scales could be off by over 30, how is that fair to people. "Hey, the rule is 2500, but it could go 50 lbs either way"?

Bubstr
08-29-2016, 11:20 AM
There s no doubt litigation can't be good for racing in general. Will it be the end of dirt track racing? I don't think so. Not just by it's self, but it does add to the Cons in the Pro Con list of putting on races. Are we going to have to wait for the court case before we know who wins a race. It was bad enough, when we had to wait for the tire test. What happens when the non-cheating racer takes them to court for having rules imposed on him and not on the cheaters? There may never be another race won again with counter suits. If Bloomer wins the weight suit and I was in second place, would I sue the track and WRG for making me weigh 21 pounds more than Zero car, with their rules and practices. If the 5 win the tire dope part and I was a legal entrant. Would I sue because I was not allowed to dope my tires? Placing unfair handicap on honest competitors. The WRG, UMP and Eldora didn't do theirself any favors, when they wrote this vague, hard to enforce rule. They may deserve this mess, but we as race fans don't. There is going to be some stained reputations after this and not just the cheaters with their law suits.

Did you ever wonder, how much purse money, you would have to set aside, to cover a 16 million dollar law suit? Would it be anywhere near the amount that Hoosier gives them for point money?

Sure there are a lot of stretches here, but a lot of it could be avoided to start with, by being honest and above board with these tire rules.

Cardirt0
08-29-2016, 11:20 AM

I know of at lease 4 drivers that run 30 pounds over now just so this dont happen.. One of them said 30 pounds dont lose big pay day...He said motor has more horse power now and the 30 pounds dont slow the car down...

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 11:26 AM

You know as well as I do that the above post is purely fear mongoring........the weekend guy is not going to take you to court for sending him to the rear of the field for punting somebody.........nor is the weekend guy going to take you to court because his heads are illegal.

What has happened in the wrg case is that these drivers feel like the cheating charge against them is so egregious that they have no other recourse than to take it to court for resolution.

Don't really see why anybody is surprised.......... especially since there has been much discussion on this board and many others about where this was all going to end up anyway.

It's the tin foil hat thing , isn't it?

ALLDIRT
08-29-2016, 11:30 AM

Private property. you dont know much about a public business . When it comes to money
ask Tony if he pays taxes for Eldora. When it comes to business the law prevails . You cant
right your own laws. And scales in Ohio they must be certified, this i know for sure . I own
a salvage yard in Ohio, our scales are certified , and by law have to be. The lawyers and judges
will have a feild day with this $hit . If you think for a minute those scales dont have to certified for money , Your wrong. Remember when A,B,C, came in and took 50/50 money , and made them
pay or stop. Well so much for the track rules .Iif you think that they cant cry fowl, on those
scales your wrong . This kind of stuff is just now finding courts all over the country. The law dont
care how stupid you are. There is enough said.

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 11:32 AM
I've never DQed a car from a series race first of all.

Second, if a car weighs light what exactly should be done? Should I buy a $2000 set of scales (using the approximately $200 that I currently have in the series account that isn't already accounted for needing to be spent on point fund, trophies, etc) and hire someone to set them up and make sure they are inspected by a state official after they are set up at each track we tour to? Or I could just do away with the weights completely and that way the guys with tons of money can buy brand new cars with light weight components and hit the track 500lbs lighter than the guys who scrape together enough cash to put a 2003 Harris chassis car together with an all steel 358. Of course half of my field consists of cars more similar to the latter example so I would be running races with $3-$4k purses and 10 cars (which would be worth it to the track?... not really) and so a grassroots racing series dies and the division goes back to the way it was before the series (struggling to hit 10 cars at the one local track that runs them). Or I could just put track scales are final in the rule book and all of the drivers who run the series can be smart enough to check their car on the scales before the race and adjust if necessary. You can guess which direction we went on that.

You won't find a mod series outside of the USMTS with the budget to do half of what you guys expect. So it is better not to have a mod series than it is to just deal with the situation of needing to check your car before the race because scales might be 10-20lbs off from track to track? If you say so, I'm sure I could find 36 drivers (out of the 36 drivers who have run my series this year) who would disagree.

Thanks,
Jeff.
In your long post about what ifs......You made several comments about losing your house .......or receiving court docs on Monday morning from something that was done on Saturday night.

So if you aren't worried about it, why bring it up as part of your argument?

Bubstr
08-29-2016, 11:33 AM
If Bloomquist wins his Scale case, will Babb Sue for his 7 pounds at the World? Probably the same scales. I could get behind Babb on this. At least he didn't try to weasel out of being light. I changed engines and this one was lighter. No lie and refreshing, stand up guy right there, even though it hurt. Did anyone really expect Bloomer to say, he lost a weight during the race or was too lazy to check weight with track scales that day? What makes him think, he don't deserve a bad rep?

CMatich
08-29-2016, 11:35 AM
W2 you are spot on in your assessment.

I have thoughts on tire sampling as well after my mod team was sampled but......

As far as scales/scaling. The company I've worked at for over 27 years ((not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) that's a long time) uses scales all day long. Our scales were last tested by the state of Illinois in March 2015, but we are still able to use them because it's assumed they are still accurate. For us we see other sets of weights from customers who weigh at their facility upon delivery to make sure our scales are correct. Isn't this the same as a driver weighing prior to racing? Also when scales are certified by the state they can be +/- 60 to 100# off and still be approved. That's well within the issue at the Dream.

Every scale will weigh different any given day, trust me. But think about this...how about when the DOT sets up portable scales on the side of the road to check truck weights. Those portable scales could be on uneven ground (as racers we make sure our scale pads are as level as possible with shims etc) and who knows if they are right. But when a truck goes across them, whatever the weight shown is gospel, no matter what scale ticket from supplier shows.

With lawyers involved, nobody wins and where does it stop?

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 11:36 AM
That is the issue:

In that case either second place car is going to go open a lawsuit because the rules state track scales are final and they had to give you all the 100k because of playing it like that, or you guys get a lawsuit for the opposite reason. It is a pretty big deal to be fighting over the title of being the last ever winner of the event once the track goes out of business or decides to can the event. Racing has survived for this long because guys have not been like this, and if it starts to change and more and more have this outlook as I've been saying if you are involved with racing for a job I would be looking for other opportunities at this point because the writing is on the wall.

Then start looking for jobs.......because this day and age, good old boy ain't broke ain't fixin it thinking is being fired daily.

It's amazing that someone in race promotions and officiating would say the sport is doomed because the drivers and teams want to be treated fairly.......

Cardirt0
08-29-2016, 11:37 AM
I agree it could be run like that and it would be an improvement and it isn't impossible for the track in question, but this court case is going to set a precedent that will apply to the home town race tracks and that is where the problem comes in.

And in the old Days UMP would have fixed this .. Not now cause its Own by a Racing group .. I seen this coming the day they Bought it Biggest com-flick of In. I have ever seen...How can UMP rule on WRG if its Owned by WRG...Then the Small people pay for it in the end...Its too the point that you need too run UMP or run In a league.. but not both .. I think all the Cup drivers should stay in cup and not be in the truck or xfinity S..I go to a Truck race I dont want to see Cup drivers....Want to see the truck drivers...

heinen81
08-29-2016, 11:39 AM
That is the issue:

In that case either second place car is going to go open a lawsuit because the rules state track scales are final and they had to give you all the 100k because of playing it like that, or you guys get a lawsuit for the opposite reason. It is a pretty big deal to be fighting over the title of being the last ever winner of the event once the track goes out of business or decides to can the event. Racing has survived for this long because guys have not been like this, and if it starts to change and more and more have this outlook as I've been saying if you are involved with racing for a job I would be looking for other opportunities at this point because the writing is on the wall.

Amen brother, this is a slippery slope now. He wins this, this will turn the sport on its head. I dont see local guys running to lawyers for $500, but all tracks may need to maintain their scales and have the certification to back them up moving forward. Right or wrong, thats all added cost that small tracks will struggle with.

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 11:41 AM
W2 you are spot on in your assessment.

I have thoughts on tire sampling as well after my mod team was sampled but......

As far as scales/scaling. The company I've worked at for over 27 years ((not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) that's a long time) uses scales all day long. Our scales were last tested by the state of Illinois in March 2015, but we are still able to use them because it's assumed they are still accurate. For us we see other sets of weights from customers who weigh at their facility upon delivery to make sure our scales are correct. Isn't this the same as a driver weighing prior to racing? Also when scales are certified by the state they can be +/- 60 to 100# off and still be approved. That's well within the issue at the Dream.

Every scale will weigh different any given day, trust me. But think about this...how about when the DOT sets up portable scales on the side of the road to check truck weights. Those portable scales could be on uneven ground (as racers we make sure our scale pads are as level as possible with shims etc) and who knows if they are right. But when a truck goes across them, whatever the weight shown is gospel, no matter what scale ticket from supplier shows.

With lawyers involved, nobody wins and where does it stop?

The days of the sanctioning bodies as the only ones that have lawyers are gone too......for goodness sake, I don't think these guys are suing just for fun.

They feel like they have been wronged.......the sanction says they haven't.

When you can't come to a resolution as an individual vs a company , where does it end up normally.......in court.

I agree it sux to see it go this way, but the wrg dug their heels in, used the same old tired in house appeal process they have always used and wouldn't budge.

Well guess what? Now they are reluctantly budging..........

Cardirt0
08-29-2016, 11:45 AM
Then start looking for jobs.......because this day and age, good old boy ain't broke ain't fixin it thinking is being fired daily.

It's amazing that someone in race promotions and officiating would say the sport is doomed because the drivers and teams want to be treated fairly.......

Will you think its bad now let the Dem. get in the WH racing will be Dead.. Ele cars Just not a race...Rulers dont want to Rule the want too be King. why should racing not be the same.. I am King do it my way or go home ..Drivers finally say F==K you and sue.... = No winners all losers

BloomerHarvickFan
08-29-2016, 11:50 AM
One simple solution to the weight issue would be to only weigh the cars prior to the race. As the cars stage for the race, they go across the scales. One crew person per car there with extra weight. If the car is light, you add weight right there with the officials present.
Everyone sees it. No one goes on the track until they pass.

terrapin44
08-29-2016, 11:50 AM
For those who are asking why only Bloomquist was light, if the lawsuit is correct, not only were they light, but they were inconsistent ("out of tolerance") as well. They could have calculated his weight based on the scale earlier and it ready heavier compared to a later time if this is true. From the article:"The next month, the Ohio Department of Agriculture found that the scale was 'out of tolerance,' indicating weights 15 to 61 pounds too light in six tests, the lawsuit states. The scales, which Eldora had replaced just before the race, allegedly indicated errors of 37 to 61 pounds, state inspectors found."And as others mentioned, it isn't like every car was weighed. There was only a small number that was after the race.

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 12:00 PM
I agree it could be run like that and it would be an improvement and it isn't impossible for the track in question, but this court case is going to set a precedent that will apply to the home town race tracks and that is where the problem comes in.

If the hometown track is doing something shady enough to get taken to court , then that's on them.........the local teams aren't going to throw their hard to come by money at frivolous weekly lawsuits.

This thing we are talking about with wrg isn't even in the same conversation......