PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember...Tires...

Bill31
08-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Does anyone else remember the Xtreme series that ran in 2004 ?

Every driver I believe had to buy the tires from the track, it was all goodyear tires, they had four compounds 100,200,300,400. There was no grooving,siping or anything allowed to be done to the tires, just air them up and bolt them on.

That year they sanctioned the EastBay winternationals (I went there from 2001-2011). The first race on Monday was a photo finish between Mars and Moran (I got the video, it was worth buying even tho I was there in person). Later in the year , I saw the series at K-C Raceway(Now Atomic) in another very good race, between those same two drivers, with Earl Pearson coming from 19th to 2nd at one time.

I think goodyear set the prices for the tires at the beginning of the year , so anyone who wanted to race with the series knew what the prices were all year.

Seems liked this worked pretty good. Only problem they had was they had a bad person running the series. If it wasn't that good of an idea to do , then there wouldn't have been that many drivers trying the series.

Josh Bayko
08-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Does anyone else remember the Xtreme series that ran in 2004 ?

Every driver I believe had to buy the tires from the track, it was all goodyear tires, they had four compounds 100,200,300,400. There was no grooving,siping or anything allowed to be done to the tires, just air them up and bolt them on.

That year they sanctioned the EastBay winternationals (I went there from 2001-2011). The first race on Monday was a photo finish between Mars and Moran (I got the video, it was worth buying even tho I was there in person). Later in the year , I saw the series at K-C Raceway(Now Atomic) in another very good race, between those same two drivers, with Earl Pearson coming from 19th to 2nd at one time.

I think goodyear set the prices for the tires at the beginning of the year , so anyone who wanted to race with the series knew what the prices were all year.

Seems liked this worked pretty good. Only problem they had was they had a bad person running the series. If it wasn't that good of an idea to do , then there wouldn't have been that many drivers trying the series.

The Goodyears were directly responsible for the formation of the current day WoO. The biggest name racers themselves didn't want anything to do with them, so the original Dirty Dozen was formed.

spas
08-29-2016, 11:40 AM
The Goodyears were directly responsible for the formation of the current day WoO. The biggest name racers themselves didn't want anything to do with them, so the original Dirty Dozen was formed.

And the reason they didn't want anything to do with them was because Hoosier told them if they did,,there Hoosier deal was done. No more free tires they would pay full price just like everyone else.

Barbecueboy
08-29-2016, 12:47 PM
There is always a " rest of the story"........good catch spas, because if you didn't say it, I was going to.

Good day.

Josh Bayko
08-29-2016, 12:49 PM
And the reason they didn't want anything to do with them was because Hoosier told them if they did,,there Hoosier deal was done. No more free tires they would pay full price just like everyone else.

I know that. I'd have done the same thing if I was in their shoes. I'm never going to fault anybody for looking out for their own best interests.

dirty bert
08-29-2016, 01:40 PM
And the reason they didn't want anything to do with them was because Hoosier told them if they did,,there Hoosier deal was done. No more free tires they would pay full price just like everyone else.That's exactly what happened.I was working for one of the dirty dozen when it happened