PDA

View Full Version : Eric Cooley Scores First-Career MSCCS Victory

Ben Shelton
08-29-2016, 09:03 PM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
August 29, 2016

Eric Cooley Scores First-Career MSCCS Victory

Fulton, MS (08/29/16) – After several years of trying Eric Cooley was finally able to get over the hump as he piloted his Bryson Motorsports #33b Eric Cooley Trucking/ Barry Wright/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model to his first-career win with the Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series (MSCCS).

“This win has been a long-time coming,” said an elated Cooley. “I feel like I’ve finished 2nd more than a hundred times with the State Series, but I’ve never been able to seal the deal until tonight. It feels so good. I can’t thank God and my crew enough!”

Cooley went on to note, “I definitely want to dedicate this win to one of my car owners, Tonya Bryson. Her mom passed away on Friday night, and my heart is aching for her, so this win goes out to Tonya and her entire family during their trying times.

With the Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series (MSCCS) rolling into town, Eric Cooley visited Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) on Saturday night for the $2,500-to-win event. Drawing a stout field of 36 Super Late Models, Eric charged to a dash victory from the 5th-starting position early in the night. Starting on the pole for the A-Main, Cooley fell back to 3rd early in the event after choosing the low groove. Gaining momentum on a late-race restart, Eric Cooley took the lead on lap 22 and went on to lead the remainder of the event to capture his second victory of the season. Dane Dacus, Jimmy Cliburn, Dylan Ames, and Jason Hiett rounded out the Top 5.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.StateSeries.com .

This Sunday, September 4 will see Cooley returning to Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) to compete in a Weekly Racing Series Event as he gets his car dialed in for the upcoming Cotton Pickin’ Magnolia State 100 at the facility. For more information on the event, please visit www.MagnoliaDirt.com .

Eric and everyone at Cooley Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors, which include 78 Towing & Recovery Inc., Cooley Transport Inc, Bryson Motorsports, Fleetco Inc., Eric Cooley Trucking, DJ Transportation, O.H. Hendricks, Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, GW Performance, SEG, Hooker Harness, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Cooley Motorsports is currently looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information on joining the team, please visit www.EricCooleyRacing.com .

For more information on Eric Cooley and Bryson Motorsports, please visit the official team website at www.EricCooleyRacing.com and www.BrysonMotorsports.com .