PDA

View Full Version : Question

Bob Hubbard
08-30-2016, 04:46 AM
Could someone clear up something ..... I heard when Lanigan was winning over in woo he had some trick shocks that has since been banned by lucus ? Any truth to this ?

BIG MAC ATTACK
08-30-2016, 05:55 AM
No truth at all

smith19
08-30-2016, 09:01 AM
does the brickmobile have any tricks...

D. Tidrow
08-30-2016, 09:08 AM
Could someone clear up something ..... I heard when Lanigan was winning over in woo he had some trick shocks that has since been banned by lucus ? Any truth to this ?Lanigan had the same shocks that bloomquest had. Has even stated on video, pretty sure on dirt on dirt.

Bob Hubbard
08-30-2016, 09:47 AM
Lanigan had the same shocks that bloomquest had. Has even stated on video, pretty sure on dirt on dirt. .... I thought I read that somewhere too ?

D. Tidrow
08-30-2016, 10:04 AM
.... I thought I read that somewhere too ?You are right, wish I could give you better info. I'm sure it's in dod archives.

ClampedUp
08-30-2016, 10:29 AM
Something happened....
He went from dominating the WoO series and championship to mid- pack runner on the WoO series in a few short months to quitting the WoO series.
And he sure hasn't been impressive on the Lucas tour this season.

Josh Bayko
08-30-2016, 10:34 AM
Something happened....
He went from dominating the WoO series and championship to mid- pack runner on the WoO series in a few short months to quitting the WoO series.
And he sure hasn't been impressive on the Lucas tour this season.

I think a couple things factored into that. Sure, the super exotic shocks probably had something to do with that, and two, business picked way up at Club 29. It's really hard to keep your own stuff in order when you're also attempting to run a business. Bloomquist went through that, too.

If Lanigan shut down the Club and went back to his own stuff, I tend to think he'd go back to being one of the best in the country.

D. Tidrow
08-30-2016, 10:41 AM
I think a couple things factored into that. Sure, the super exotic shocks probably had something to do with that, and two, business picked way up at Club 29. It's really hard to keep your own stuff in order when you're also attempting to run a business. Bloomquist went through that, too. If Lanigan shut down the Club and went back to his own stuff, I tend to think he'd go back to being one of the best in the country.I agree 100%.

plunks7
08-30-2016, 06:59 PM
Last year was a Lanigan wish never happened. Missed a lot of racing, due to some sh!t going down at his shop.

lazermod3
08-31-2016, 03:24 AM
Last year was a Lanigan wish never happened. Missed a lot of racing, due to some sh!t going down at his shop.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) going down at his shop? Please Amplify!

Bob Hubbard
08-31-2016, 04:30 PM
Were the shocks taking away for the same reason rumleys device was taken ???? And if so who had a device taking away before Bloomer/lanigan thing ?

BIG MAC ATTACK
08-31-2016, 09:02 PM
Where do you guys come up with this trick shocks stuff?He ran Integras nothing trick about them ,if you would like a set of these TRICK SHOCKS I can sell you some for a tricky price

Bob Hubbard
09-02-2016, 06:24 AM
My question was did lucus oil take away shocks from Lanigan ? Im just trying to clear up something I read ....Maybe i misread it .... Some made a comment the reason lanigan wasnt running up front was because lucus banned his electric shocks ? Than someone else jumped in and said bloomer had the same shocks ? I dunno how else to say it .... I maybe way off on this .... I just remember the club 29 car was really good one year ....Now they run middle of the pack

old fan
09-02-2016, 06:56 AM
question did lucas follow these rules or not http://www.racinboys.com/2016/04/01/world-of-outlaws-craftsman-late-model-series-adopts-unified-late-model-suspension-rules/

ClampedUp
09-02-2016, 06:58 AM
His performance downfall happened when he was running with the WoO. The season after he dominated the WoO in wins and the championship. Went from the penthouse to the outhouse in a few short months of the off season.....

blncfn57
09-02-2016, 08:15 AM
My question was did lucus oil take away shocks from Lanigan ? Im just trying to clear up something I read ....Maybe i misread it .... Some made a comment the reason lanigan wasnt running up front was because lucus banned his electric shocks ? Than someone else jumped in and said bloomer had the same shocks ? I dunno how else to say it .... I maybe way off on this .... I just remember the club 29 car was really good one year ....Now they run middle of the pack

Club 29 won the dream this year.....

I think the number of top drivers in them diminished, hurting the amount of feedback they had coming in. Also, not all the black diamond/club 29 cars are the same anymore, if I remember right there are 3 or 4 different variations of it being made now. Lanigan was, at one point, running a different style car then Oneal and may still be. Another thing to consider is Clint Bowyer racing, the success to resource ratio isn't very good. The team has had spurts where they run good, but outside of Oneals championship there seems to be something a miss there. Maybe I expect to much from them, I thought with Clints money there would be much more success.
The shock deal stumps me a little. I haven't heard the interview mentioned above, but Lanigan was on an integra deal and did his own shock work for a long time, Bloomquists shocks that got outlawed were some expensive stuff that either replicated or were the same as Indycar stuff. Lanigan may have had some of the same ones at one point, but he won alot of races on integra stuff too so I don't think shocks were his demise. IDK how much Darrell helps with the cars he races, I remember him saying that the deal would allow him to be home and at his shop more and not have to worry as much about the racing program.
It's a tough sport to stay on top of no doubt. Only a few have been able to for long periods of time, which makes what Bloomquist and Moyer have done even more impressive.

Bob Hubbard
09-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Thanks kinda how I remember the shock deal being talked about .... Very little chit chatt about them ....Bloomer had some that were banned .... Im not sure how Lanigans name was brought into it unless someone thought he had the same shocks or something close .... I didnt know this was something said in an interview till now .... Anyone remember the interview ?

Car Biz
09-02-2016, 05:05 PM
I do not know to what degree Lanigan knows about shocks I would think a lot. I do know that CBR is on an deal with Penske and that he used Integra on his own program and for some reason the team was going thru struggles to try and get the Penske shocks to work with the chassis. It looks like O'neal has gotten better this year but Lanigan is still trying to work thru it. I will say that Brian Daugherty(Integra) is a VERY smart chassis and shock guy. I believe he was doing work with Lanigan when he won all those races and now I see him in pics with Richards. When I met him he was working on Auklands car when he won a bunch of races in the late 90's. I think Brian brings a lot to a race team period.

Necrosis
09-02-2016, 07:58 PM
You idiots need to stop with the magic electric shocks BS. It's called an inerter, you can only run them on certain corners of the car, and they are not some HUUUUUGGGGEEEE advantage in dirt racing. The biggest advantage they had in F1 was AERO RELATED, NOT MECHANICAL DAMPNING. You can only have 1:1 compression/rebound with a standard inerter, so I'll let you figure out where they have an advantage. I'll also say they never caused ANYONE TO WIN A RACE they wouldn't have otherwise. If some of you realized that all this trick sh!t was never on certain cars, your f'ing brains would infarct and your a$$holes would wither...

Krooser
09-02-2016, 09:16 PM
I bought some outerters....

Bob Hubbard
09-03-2016, 06:50 AM
I do not know to what degree Lanigan knows about shocks I would think a lot. I do know that CBR is on an deal with Penske and that he used Integra on his own program and for some reason the team was going thru struggles to try and get the Penske shocks to work with the chassis. It looks like O'neal has gotten better this year but Lanigan is still trying to work thru it. I will say that Brian Daugherty(Integra) is a VERY smart chassis and shock guy. I believe he was doing work with Lanigan when he won all those races and now I see him in pics with Richards. When I met him he was working on Auklands car when he won a bunch of races in the late 90's. I think Brian brings a lot to a race team period.

Thanks ....A very good post

Bob Hubbard
09-03-2016, 07:02 AM
I watched Lanigans car at the N/S Race ....His car goes in great - Rotates good ....And sucks coming off the corner ....Same thing at Lawerenceburg .... He could be testing on his own ride ....I have no ideal , Just curious about the shock deal .... Alot of good points ....I agree a good shock guy is most likely the trick part of the deal ....