PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Strand Breaks out the Broom in Weekend Action

Ben Shelton
08-30-2016, 01:45 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 30, 2016

Dustin Strand Breaks out the Broom in Weekend Action

Grand Forks, North Dakota (08/30/16) – Dustin Strand didn’t cut his fellow competitors any slack over the weekend as he swept both Northern Late Model Racing Association events in his RealTruck.com #71 Schill Construction/ Longhorn Chassis Late Model.

“I think it’s fair to say that the month of August was very good to our team, seeing as how we won the feature in eight of the 11 races that we ran,” Strand said with a smile. “Hopefully this wave will continue through the end of the season. I really want to again thank everyone, who helps me and my racing operation.”

Competing in the Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) sanctioned program, Dustin Strand visited Red River Co-op Speedway (Winnipeg, Manitoba) on Thursday night for the $1,100-to-win Can-Am Cup. Drawing 20 entries, Dustin started the night with a heat race win, which positioned him on the pole for the feature. Leading every lap of the 25-lap main event, Strand captured his 16th win of the season over Bill Mooney, Mike Balcaen, Cole Schill, and Brad Seng.

Friday night brought 21 NLRA followers to River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) for another $1,100-to-win top prize. Storming to a heat race win early in the night, Dustin earned the 3rd-starting spot for the feature. Taking the lead on lap 7, Dustin Strand held off a hard-charging Donny Schatz to pick up this third-straight victory and 17th overall on the season. Donny Schatz, Joey Pederson, Bill Mooney, and Zach Naastad rounded out the Top 5 in the A-Main.

For full results from these events, please visit www.NLRA.org .

With momentum on his side Strand is hungrier than ever to conquer more events during the extended Labor Day weekend. This Thursday he resumed action with a trip to Red River Co-op Speedway (Winnipeg, Manitoba) before entering the Track Championship Night at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) on Friday evening. Saturday and Sunday will find the team double dipping with the NLRA series at Viking Speedway (Alexandria, Minnesota). For more information on the events, please visit www.RedRiverCoOpSpeedway.ca , www.RiverCitiesSpeedway.com and www.NLRA.org .

Dustin Strand would like to thank all of his sponsors including RealTruck.com, Q&Z Plumbing & Heating, Forks Mobile Wash, Schill Construction, Anderson Brothers Body Shop, McCaughen Builders, Generations Salon & Spa, Bemidji Welders Supply, RH Rebel Storage, Ben Adams Racing Engines, Forest Flying Service, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Dustin Strand, please visit his official internet home at www.StrandRacing.com .