PDA

View Full Version : RF wheel spacer?

Kromulous
08-31-2016, 09:14 AM
All things being equal, what effect does install a 2" wheel spacer on the RF?

I know on the LR we run a couple thin shims sometimes, 1/4" total, and that is noticeable. Just forget what the RF should do.

FlatTire
08-31-2016, 11:06 AM
Krom- I tried to send you a pm. Your inbox is full. It messes up your scrub radius, and will likely make the car darty/unpredictable.

Dirt_Buster
08-31-2016, 10:05 PM
We have some good spacing on RF currently. You can really drive the car in hard. Be sure you have some good rebound in the RF as well. We adjust LR spring/shock depending on conditions as well. But for the most part leave the 1-2" spacers in.

Kromulous
09-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Cleaned out the inbox.

Ok, gonna remove it, see what happens LOL.

Stede Bonnet
09-06-2016, 10:18 AM

I know on the LR we run a couple thin shims sometimes, 1/4" total, and that is noticeable. Just forget what the RF should do.

Tightens the car up.

Jim11h
09-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Used to tighten car thru whole corner but now with new shock and front end geometry I'm not sure that totally still pertains

Stede Bonnet
09-21-2016, 04:01 PM

On an old school car like a leaf or 4 bar that doesnt run around, "FDAU" the RF spacer amplifies the castor effect to the LR adding bite. It also changes the polar moment of the RR and makes the car tighter as well, think of it as scooting the rear end to the left 2 inches. On a new crutched up car it probably makes it go crazy.

Kromulous
09-22-2016, 08:04 AM
Got one last race on the 8th for the year, and i am gonna kind of do a reset to a base set up. Taking this spacer off etc, will see how the car reacts. I will relay the results.

Only thing different than a normal set up will be the RF stack, which we like running that on the RF and a big rebound RF shock.