PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Clem Notches Runner-Up Finish at BRP

Ben Shelton
08-31-2016, 02:05 PM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
August 31, 2016

Tyler Clem Notches Runner-Up Finish at BRP

St. Petersburg, Florida (08/31/16) – 14-year-old, Tyler Clem fought his way to a hard-earned, runner-up finish on Saturday night at Bubba Raceway Park in his Vahlco Wheels #14 Bubba Army/ Rocket Chassis Late Model.

Behind the wheel of his Bubba Army #14 K&N Filters Super Late Model, Tyler Clem visited Bubba Raceway Park (Ocala, Florida) on Saturday night for a National Late Model Series event. Running a Crate Late Model motor against a field of much more powerful cars, Tyler earned the 3rd-starting spot for the $2,000-to-win, A-Main via his performance in preliminary action.

Early in the 30-lap finale Clem capitalized on a restart to take the 2nd position away from Ivedent Lloyd Jr. as he set his sights on the leader, Mark Whitener. Pulling within a couple of car-lengths of the leader on several occasions, Tyler Clem ultimately landed a solid, 2nd-place finish behind Whitener with Kyle Bronson, Ivedent Lloyd Jr. and Jackie Nosbich rounding out the Top 5.

“I’m not sure I’ve ever worked so hard to get a 2nd place finish, but I’m really proud of our performance,” Clem noted with a big smile after the feature. “We had less power than most of the guys here tonight, but we were able to overcome that disadvantage. To finish second to a guy like Mark (Whitener) with other guys like Kyle Bronson, Ivedent Lloyd Jr., and Jackie Nosbisch behind me really means a lot to me and my team.”

Full results from this event are available at www.BubbaRacewayPark.com .

Clem will enjoy a break from racing over the Labor Day weekend before returning to competition on Saturday, September 10 at Bubba Raceway Park. He will take part in the $3,000-to-win, Modified portion of the 6th annual P.J. Wiggins Memorial. For more information on the event, please visit www.BubbaRacewayPark.com .

Tyler Clem and Clem Racing Inc. would like to thank all of their principle and associate sponsors including Miller Welders, K&N Filters, Rent ‘N Roll, WingHouse, Shooters World, Vahlco Wheels, Hedman Hedders, Stanton Race Engines, Keyser Manufacturing, Rocket Chassis, Sunoco Fuels, Braille Battery, JE Pistons, Ferrea Valves, Whelen Engineering, 1-800-Ask-Gary, Tony Stewart Racing, Elder Ford, Leaf Race Wear, Winters Racing Products, Bell Helmets, Aurora, Dan Olson Racing Products, Impact, Race Optics, Redline Oil, Stepp’s Towing, BR Motorsports, AR Bodies, DB Plugs, Jones Racing Products, Ole NE Jewelers, Callies Performance Products, Willy’s Carburetors, Toyo Tires, Durst Motorsports, Gates Belts, Butlerbuilt Seat Systems, Zero Error Racing, Superior Bearing & Supply, AR Bodies, NGK Spark Plugs, and MSR Mafia Marketing & Website Services.

For more information on Tyler Clem, please visit his official website at www.TylerClem.com .