PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened To American Dirt Late Model Rankings?

Phillip Michael Knight
09-01-2016, 04:28 PM
There used to be a post on here made by SDLM Rankings where they would rank the Super Late Model drivers.

I use to like reading about it cause they had a pretty good ranking system.

SDLM Rankings
09-01-2016, 09:28 PM
I am still around. I stopped doing the American Dirt Late Model Rankings about half way through last season. It was taking up a lot of time, and was running out spare time. Since I stopped doing the rankings I started a new job that keeps very busy, and also have very busy life away from the office. I think about doing them all of the time and I have even developed a new way of structuring the data that will decrease the work load, but without any financial benefit I truly cannot justify taking time away from family to start the rankings back up. Recently I considered doing some WOO vs. Lucas stats, but I just never got around to it. The rough calculations show that the two tours are neck and neck in many categories. The major difference in the two series is the TV coverage Lucas gets, but TV's business model does not fit DLM racing very well. Each series should really invest in online content, younger viewers will be reached. We need younger fans to keep the sport vital. I for one believe the uptick in fans at special events is directly related to Dirt on Dirt. The people that really cling to the TV to watch DLM Racing are not the fans the sport needs, those fans would rather spend $120 a month for cable rather than $50 at the race track ,8 for DoD and 7 for Lucas Oil TV.com per month. So, I'm still around and I occasionally post under my other 4m account.