PDA

View Full Version : Why Aren't the Drivers Also Suing the Tire Suppliers?

Fast Wheels
09-02-2016, 12:44 PM
If the samples came back bad, it is also possible that they were not supplied the correct tire.

But they aren't going to ruin their tire deals are they??????????

Hopefully the Eldora/WRG will find basis to countersue and this will be a costly venture also for the ones that cannot follow the rules! It will not be evidence in court, but Bloomquist is infamous for pushing the limits and has been caught cheating on tires before! Only in American can the criminal sue the enforcer!

onlyfacts
09-02-2016, 01:40 PM
None of this makes sense.... Ok they say the lab is wrong well UMP can only go off the results that the lab provides. So if the lab says the tires were bad then Ump, WRG or Eldora can only go off of those results.... I think if I was going to sue it would be the lab if I thought the results were wrong. But this whole suit looks like greed from a group that don't care about the sport... If you are going to sue you should think about who you need to sue and who you shouldn't because in this case the wrong people are being sued based on the facts of the case.

Fast Wheels
09-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Exactly right! It is greed! These drivers that have hurt the sport by choosing to make a living off of it, while running the costs up for everyone else, don't have a retirement plan because they have no other skills outside of racing! Everyone agrees $16 million is a ridiculous amount. Seems like they are trying to fill their bank account and nothing else. This is BAD for racing. They don't care about the sport. Only their own pockets and egos. Tracks/Officials/Series will be afraid to do their job enforcing rules over getting sued. Even though this lawsuit is bogus, it is going to cost the defendants money and stress! How many good people will we lose out of racing because of fear of getting sued by weasels like this?!

Enigma41
09-02-2016, 01:51 PM
If the samples came back bad, it is also possible that they were not supplied the correct tire.

But they aren't going to ruin their tire deals are they??????????

Hopefully the Eldora/WRG will find basis to countersue and this will be a costly venture also for the ones that cannot follow the rules! It will not be evidence in court, but Bloomquist is infamous for pushing the limits and has been caught cheating on tires before! Only in American can the criminal sue the enforcer!

In America your innocent until proven guilty, "In A Court of Law". Comrade.

Josh Bayko
09-02-2016, 01:55 PM
In America your innocent until proven guilty, "In A Court of Law". Comrade.

It's. Not. A. Criminal. Trial.

a25rjr
09-02-2016, 02:01 PM
It's. Not. A. Criminal. Trial.

But it may turnout to be one!

onlyfacts
09-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Remember this suit is filed on the fact that these 5 drivers feel like the results were wrong and their names have been tarnished... Whom ever did the lab results would be the person or persons that they should be suing. UMP and Eldora was only doing the right thing by going by the rule book and upholding the rules. These guys are wrong. And now we (race fans) are going to pay the consequences.

Josh Bayko
09-02-2016, 02:15 PM
But it may turnout to be one!

No, it won't.

a25rjr
09-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Remember this suit is filed on the fact that these 5 drivers feel like the results were wrong and their names have been tarnished... Whom ever did the lab results would be the person or persons that they should be suing. UMP and Eldora was only doing the right thing by going by the rule book and upholding the rules. These guys are wrong. And now we (race fans) are going to pay the consequences.

Why are they wrong? A racer is supposed to guess as to how much extra lead he has to bolt on his racecar. Then he has to guess are the scales 37lbs lite or 61lbs. Its been proven they were way off....that's a slam dunk there!

Just like when Dale Sr died, many predicted the doom of racing. This lawsuit will clear up some rules and regulations and that will be better for all involved!

onlyfacts
09-02-2016, 02:33 PM
No, it won't.Before it's over it could be criminal... But not the direction most assume.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Why are they wrong? A racer is supposed to guess as to how much extra lead he has to bolt on his racecar. Then he has to guess are the scales 37lbs lite or 61lbs. Its been proven they were way off....that's a slam dunk there!

Just like when Dale Sr died, many predicted the doom of racing. This lawsuit will clear up some rules and regulations and that will be better for all involved!

Roll on the scales at the beginning of the event. Now you know! Been that way for decades! A good scale is allowed to vary at least 1%.

a25rjr
09-02-2016, 02:51 PM
Roll on the scales at the beginning of the event. Now you know! Been that way for decades! A good scale is allowed to vary at least 1%.

No its not....depends on state laws!

taylor2727
09-02-2016, 04:25 PM
When you sign in you are signing that they are the authorities and what ever there discretion is on particular rule is the final decision so wouldn't you be signing an agreement saying the scales they use are the final judge ? And also scott crossed scales multiple times that weekend and was never light any other time

over4T
09-02-2016, 06:49 PM
One of the top tracks in NorCal that we run regularly was having problems with inconsistency on the weights their scales were showing in the middle of the season. The guy that runs the scales put a lot of time and his own money in trying to fix it. When the track wouldn't or couldn't do what was necessary to fix the problem they simply said no weigh tonight for the last 2 or 3 weeks of the regular season. I didn't notice a bit of difference in the results...same guys won and same guys lost.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-02-2016, 11:59 PM
No its not....depends on state laws!

Dude! You can't ask for more than that from much smaller, precise force measurement systems.

Birky15Bfan
09-03-2016, 08:55 AM
How many years do you have to file a lawsuit? Because if Bloomer wins this lawsuit then shouldn't Shannon Babb have a case when he was 10 lbs. light?

calverton
09-03-2016, 09:04 AM
In America your innocent until proven guilty, "In A Court of Law". Comrade.some have been guilty before just sayng

Bubstr
09-03-2016, 10:11 AM
How many years do you have to file a lawsuit? Because if Bloomer wins this lawsuit then shouldn't Shannon Babb have a case when he was 10 lbs. light?

Not sure about statute of limitations, but Babb isn't a weasel that blames everyone else for his mistakes. It's called Moral fortitude, how you behave, stand up man, doing what's right ect. Babb may have lost that race because of 7 pounds, but everyone respects him and even has a certain amount of sympathy for him. When Feger got caught ith a illegal tire, he took the penalty and didn't sue. He was a stand up guy and people respect him for it. What is going to happen to these 5 that blame it on anyone else to weasel out? How is that public opinion, that they are so worried about, going to treat them?

dirtdobber45
09-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Theyre trying to clear their name. I dont see BShepp and maybe Saterlee being cheaters. And itll be up to WRG and the others named in the suit to take legal action on Hoosier if it doesnt go their way. I still dont understand why those results are not out for the public to see

a25rjr
09-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Dude! You can't ask for more than that from much smaller, precise force measurement systems.

DUDE!!!!....their scales were off almost 3%!

calverton
09-03-2016, 12:41 PM
And you adjust your cars weight accordingly, every short track racer or any other form of racing knows that

JinxNC
09-03-2016, 11:08 PM

You HAVE TO BE the DUMBEST person on this board, with centeroff as a close 2nd.....
The whole dam() field weighs in, ALL WEEKEND LONG..... on the SAME DAM() SCALES! Yet in your dumbass train of thought, their is some enigma of a GLITCH, or hiccup in the "space / time continum, that makes Snortquist have a case?

Heck..... I mean the guy has been the poster child of the sport and abiding by the rules.....FOR HOW LONG!

onlyfacts
09-04-2016, 08:27 AM
You HAVE TO BE the DUMBEST person on this board, with centeroff as a close 2nd.....The whole dam() field weighs in, ALL WEEKEND LONG..... on the SAME DAM() SCALES! Yet in your dumbass train of thought, their is some enigma of a GLITCH, or hiccup in the "space / time continum, that makes Snortquist have a case? Heck..... I mean the guy has been the poster child of the sport and abiding by the rules.....FOR HOW LONG!Agree 100% but according to a guy that use to work for him he plays the weight game to close. He wants the car to be right on the weight limit all the time and makes the crew guys take lead off everytime he is a little bit over... If you have more cautions or track is fast and u burn extra fuel you shouldn't play it that close. No one else was light that day.

a25rjr
09-04-2016, 10:58 AM
You HAVE TO BE the DUMBEST person on this board, with centeroff as a close 2nd.....
The whole dam() field weighs in, ALL WEEKEND LONG..... on the SAME DAM() SCALES! Yet in your dumbass train of thought, their is some enigma of a GLITCH, or hiccup in the "space / time continum, that makes Snortquist have a case?

Heck..... I mean the guy has been the poster child of the sport and abiding by the rules.....FOR HOW LONG!

DUMBEST^^^^^^..so says the guy that a track paying over $300k, shouldn't have their scales checked and calibrated, which by the way is a STATE LAW!

OK, Perry Mason....we'll see what the court has to say. That pride will be hard to swallow!

You sound like Lite Inns twin brother!

calverton
09-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Agree 100% but according to a guy that use to work for him he plays the weight game to close. He wants the car to be right on the weight limit all the time and makes the crew guys take lead off everytime he is a little bit over... If you have more cautions or track is fast and u burn extra fuel you shouldn't play it that close. No one else was light that day. He gambled he lost and I guess the rule book means nothing to some people

JinxNC
09-04-2016, 12:15 PM
DUMBEST^^^^^^..so says the guy that a track paying over $300k, shouldn't have their scales checked and calibrated, which by the way is a STATE LAW!

OK, Perry Mason....we'll see what the court has to say. That pride will be hard to swallow!

You sound like Lite Inns twin brother!

There is little doubt that when they see his impeccable record and post endeavors of honesty, the courts will side with him.

a25rjr
09-04-2016, 12:26 PM
There is little doubt that when they see his impeccable record and post endeavors of honesty, the courts will side with him.

The only thing there is a little doubt....is your lack of knowledge/experience of lawsuits. Stop being a hater and just look at the facts!

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-04-2016, 12:27 PM

The info that is out there doesn't say what the reference mass was at various error readings. Unless you have unpublished info, you don't know that!

calverton
09-04-2016, 12:30 PM
How did the other teams come legal then

a25rjr
09-04-2016, 12:36 PM
The info that is out there doesn't say what the reference mass was at various error readings. Unless you have unpublished info, you don't know that!

The papers of the lawsuit said it was inspected by Ohio's Dept Of Ag. and stated that they were off 37-61lbs. Based on 2300lbs, that's 1.6%-2.6%. So according to your 1% rule, they are still wrong.

toyracer
09-04-2016, 01:38 PM
I have a question?
Say the scales were inspected the week of the race.
They had 72 late models there plus other division. Cars crossed the scales countless times before racing, after hot laps , heats, consis mains etc.

What is life expectancy for those scales to remain spot on their calibrated weight with all those cars going across in a given weekend? Is there something in the law that addresses that?

Next point is should tracks write down all weights for a night & have scales checked after racing?Hypothetically what if track did this & the scales were say 30lbs heavy. Should track DQ anyone within
that 30 lb window?

My point in all this is. Scales were there all weekend for you to check. I don't think those scales malfunctioned only when the Zero crossed them.

Bringing attorney's & lawsuits is taking dirt racing down a bad path.

calverton
09-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Great post another question what should tracks do if they have portable scales and travel from one state to another

Barbecueboy
09-04-2016, 03:08 PM
No, it won't.

Well let's hope not, I hadn't even thought about that angle as an unintended effect.

Clean get cleaner and dirty get dirtier normally in these things.

Barbecueboy
09-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Theyre trying to clear their name. I dont see BShepp and maybe Saterlee being cheaters. And itll be up to WRG and the others named in the suit to take legal action on Hoosier if it doesnt go their way. I still dont understand why those results are not out for the public to see

Agree with every single word of this post....

onlyfacts
09-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Theyre trying to clear their name. I dont see BShepp and maybe Saterlee being cheaters. And itll be up to WRG and the others named in the suit to take legal action on Hoosier if it doesnt go their way. I still dont understand why those results are not out for the public to seeThe results are not public because it not public business.... The racers and owners have the results. Not sure what the reasoning would be for the public to see them. Nothing in this case is Criminal so the public won't hear much other than what either party wishes release.

calverton
09-04-2016, 10:03 PM
great post

jetwind
09-04-2016, 10:51 PM
like they say the best just cheat better then all the rest its true in almost every sport in some way shap or form throught history graet saying i wish i would had said it first lol

calverton
09-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Not a great cheater if you get busted

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-04-2016, 11:07 PM
The papers of the lawsuit said it was inspected by Ohio's Dept Of Ag. and stated that they were off 37-61lbs. Based on 2300lbs, that's 1.6%-2.6%. So according to your 1% rule, they are still wrong.

It might have been 61# at 1000, 2000, 3000, who knows? You don't and I don't? So you can't figure a percent. It could be repeatability only or a linearity error over part of the calibrated range. They purposely left out enough information to make any kind of informed conclusion about it.

calverton
09-04-2016, 11:12 PM
Dirtcar ump minimum post-race weight of car with driver is 2,300 lbs as weighed on track scale*** eldora policy – one roll off & re-scale attempt only –

buster83
09-05-2016, 08:59 AM
in babbs case at scales it was a engine change that bit him the year birky was light he was very furious of the scale it cost him a trip for the A main and these 2 cars 15,0 passed every scale up to that point, then one year bloomer won but the scale was very borderline weighed twice but collected the money.some teams have scales or take them to a nearby scale and have them weighed.the scale thing when you are paying out prize money they should be certified by the state.

Barbecueboy
09-05-2016, 09:22 AM
I have a question?
Say the scales were inspected the week of the race.
They had 72 late models there plus other division. Cars crossed the scales countless times before racing, after hot laps , heats, consis mains etc.

What is life expectancy for those scales to remain spot on their calibrated weight with all those cars going across in a given weekend? Is there something in the law that addresses that?

Next point is should tracks write down all weights for a night & have scales checked after racing?Hypothetically what if track did this & the scales were say 30lbs heavy. Should track DQ anyone within
that 30 lb window?

My point in all this is. Scales were there all weekend for you to check. I don't think those scales malfunctioned only when the Zero crossed them.

Bringing attorney's & lawsuits is taking dirt racing down a bad path.

Allowing official outcomes of races to be determined by less than adequate standards and measures is even a worse path.......IMO

Barbecueboy
09-05-2016, 09:26 AM
You can roll across it a hundred times.........if it's a pile at crap it's still going to stink.

calverton
09-05-2016, 09:44 AM
how is it pile of crap when 72 late models go across the scale and passed but the 73rd didn't please explain that one

Barbecueboy
09-05-2016, 10:11 AM
how is it pile of crap when 72 late models go across the scale and passed but the 73rd didn't please explain that one

Because the track left themselves open to this happening.......they didn't dot the I or cross the t.

The newly installed scales should have been checked and certified to be used in commerce for the state of Ohio......apparently according to what the reports say,they weren't.......which is still baffling considering how buttoned up , organized and well planned the events at eldora are.

Maybe Scott was truly light......but with the mess eldora created for themselves by not having the scales certified , we will never know for sure.

old fan
09-05-2016, 10:13 AM
A. A minimum weight limit of 2300 pounds. We reserve the right to amend this rule in certain locations on the schedule. Exception: Cars equipped with GMPP AMRA Sealed and certified CT525. B. No burn-off allowance. C. The scales used by the AMRA track will be considered the official scales for the event. D. Scales are recommended at all AMRA sanctioned events. E. AMRA officials have the right and duty to weigh any car at any time or at the official’s discretion. does this look familarF. Any attached weights must be securely attached to the frame, painted white or bright silver and have the car number clearly displayed on them. Weights of up to fifty (50) pounds must be secured by two (2) half inch (1/2”) Grade 5 or higher bolts on two (2) weight clamps. Weights secured by one bolt and/or held on by a means other than accepted by the Technical Inspector will not be permitted. Due to the high risk factor involved, any car that loses lead weight during an event may be fined or face disqualification. G. No weights may be attached to rear bumper. H. No driver-operated weight adjustment devices are permitted

a25rjr
09-05-2016, 02:12 PM

Heck....lets just make it 5% then. Im sure the drivers will like carrying around an extra 115 lbs!

calverton
09-05-2016, 02:24 PM
if you want to win you will

Clayton_Wetter
09-05-2016, 07:09 PM
if you want to win you will

old fan or calverton? You got a split personality issue too?

old fan
09-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Gi to blacktowne now and wait on the next race and be a good boy