PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Centeroff
09-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Why is Bloomquist always late arriving to tracks? It's like he doesn't care. Missed qualifying at Attica and will start last in heat 4. I think that's bad business! His fans drove many hours to see the man race and he can't show up to hot lap or qualify. He is my guy but he deserves a bad finish tonight

70satomic
09-02-2016, 06:07 PM
I think his problem is he doesn't want to pay anyone a decent wage to get the car & hauler ready so he ends up with a bunch of stupid kids

MI Dirt Fan
09-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Why is Bloomquist always late arriving to tracks? It's like he doesn't care. Missed qualifying at Attica and will start last in heat 4. I think that's bad business! His fans drove many hours to see the man race and he can't show up to hot lap or qualify. He is my guy but he deserves a bad finish tonight
He is going to race. Since when is hot lapping and qualifying racing?

Centeroff
09-02-2016, 06:14 PM
I have hung out at that shop and they drink crown all night. I'd say that could have a little something to do with it

MI Dirt Fan
09-02-2016, 06:15 PM
I think his problem is he doesn't want to pay anyone a decent wage to get the car & hauler ready so he ends up with a bunch of stupid kids

And how is that working in the win column and Lucas standings?

70satomic
09-02-2016, 06:18 PM
His success rate is better after getting rid of the green on the race car

Centeroff
09-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Scott won't win tonight. You can't start 7th in the heat with 3 other good cars and expect to win. He is gonna run 4th in the heat and 3rd if he is lucky. That puts him 12th in the feature and omunless your on a rail your not coming from 12th to win at Attica in a 50 lapper.

wheelpackin
09-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Never count him out!

wfo2007
09-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Scott won't win tonight. You can't start 7th in the heat with 3 other good cars and expect to win. He is gonna run 4th in the heat and 3rd if he is lucky. That puts him 12th in the feature and omunless your on a rail your not coming from 12th to win at Attica in a 50 lapper.

We'll see soon. I would never count him out at any track and no matter where he starts.

wfo2007
09-02-2016, 07:11 PM

Nice call so far, 4th in the heat.

klemmabyna
09-02-2016, 08:33 PM
it's all about "being fashionably late".

even those of us who are not bloomquist fans await his arrival because he is always a threat to win.

so he plays the game to feed his ego by "making an entrance".

and (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed if we don't all take notice!

Centeroff
09-02-2016, 08:39 PM
You get running in the back because you miss qualifying and what happens is exactly what happened to Scott. In the Pitts with a damaged racecar. The car that was more than likely gonna be upfront at Portsmouth tomorrow night. Smh he knows better

MI Dirt Fan
09-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Not to worried with that comfortable points lead.

joshroth14
09-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Points are down to 550. Lost 115 tonight because he wants to play games. Anything is possible with 9 races to go

Centeroff
09-02-2016, 09:08 PM
I agree josh. Can't fuk around and give up big points and expect to hold him off. Tonight was a Sh1tshow for team zero

MI Dirt Fan
09-02-2016, 09:18 PM
lol. Still not to worried.

BloomerHarvickFan
09-03-2016, 05:06 AM
I can't figure this out for the life of me. I have been watching Bloomquist race since 1994, and I've seen it time and time again, and mind you, I live in East Tennessee, and most of the races I've watched him run have been Atomic, Tazewell, Smokey Mountain, Bull's Gap, and Cleveland. And those are all close to home!!! Earlier this year at Smokey Mountain he was the last car there. He made it in time, but was still last one there.

**Does anyone know why Lucas Oil hasn't awarded any points to Scott for last night. I calculated it and it should have been 115 points gained like was stated earlier, but it's still showing Bloomquist with the points from the last race**

BloomerHarvickFan
09-03-2016, 05:16 AM
I don't remember the year, but if I'm not mistaken, Scott missed the call at the World 100 one year. It seems like he was in the back pits and got to the gate after they'd shut it. Cars were already on the track under pace laps.
It seems like he did come out on the first caution and tag on, but I can't swear that I'm not mixing up 2 different events.
I want to say it was 98 or 99.

TMaCiLLiNi39
09-03-2016, 08:37 AM
I don't remember the year, but if I'm not mistaken, Scott missed the call at the World 100 one year. It seems like he was in the back pits and got to the gate after they'd shut it. Cars were already on the track under pace laps.
It seems like he did come out on the first caution and tag on, but I can't swear that I'm not mixing up 2 different events.
I want to say it was 98 or 99.

It was more recent than that... Mid 2000's?

BloomerHarvickFan
09-03-2016, 08:42 AM
You may be right. I may be thinking about 98, when he got to the infield from the back pits late, and they made him change his RR tire, and then after the race, said the original tire was ok.
But.....had he not messed around and got down into the pits early, they'd have been able to hash it out and and he could have run the tire he wanted and not had to start at the rear.

BloomerHarvickFan
09-03-2016, 08:45 AM
Something very remarkable that I just noticed while looking up the years on Eldora's website,
Bloomquist has 15 top 3 finishes in the World 100, and 10 in the Dream.

kidrock
We know Scott will miss the world this year and possibly the Dream next year if the law suit is not settled by then because, it sounds like Eldora can ban them from particapting at any event being held at the track until the law suit is settled. And they are saying this could take up to a year unless they reach a settlement.

TMaCiLLiNi39
You may be right. I may be thinking about 98, when he got to the infield from the back pits late, and they made him change his RR tire, and then after the race, said the original tire was ok.
But.....had he not messed around and got down into the pits early, they'd have been able to hash it out and and he could have run the tire he wanted and not had to start at the rear.

I remember him missing the call for his heat because he was parked up top (because he got there late Friday) and they ran the heat without him... Soon after, he fired Danny Myers... It was sometime in the mid 2000's

BloomerHarvickFan
09-03-2016, 08:50 AM
His team seems to always be in a state of disarray. I am a huge Bloomquist fan, and have spents hundreds of dollars on tshirts, hats, jackets and race tickets over the years, but that is one thing that bugs me. Always has. Imagine with his talent if he focused, or paid someone to focus on all those details.
Speaking of getting to the track late, I am surprised it doesn't happen more often. A big part of the tracks I have been to have very narrow roads, and often limited number of roads into the track. Very easy to get stuck in traffic if you dont get there plenty early.
I do remember at Tazewell Scott passing us walking one night, heading to the pits. We looked around and his hauler was probably 50 cars back in line.

It would kill me to run so close to the time. I like getting places early and being ready. Even as a fan, I try to get to the track very early to avoid traffic delays....and I'm paying them...they aren't paying me!!!

buster83
09-03-2016, 09:52 AM
the horn sounded bloomer missed roll call they closed the gate he missed his heat race,but due to his fast qualifying time it got him in the race close to the rear and he made it up to 3rd.

tb1545
09-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Doesn't lucas oil have some stipulations as far as attendance at drivers meetings, autograph signings, etc. In order to recieve travel money from the series?
One thing I can probably bet though, I bet bloomers souvenir trailer is the first one to show up to the track lol. Gotta win the races that matter.
Not a big fan of bloomer, but last years show me 100 rain out weekend, during rain delay he went up to one of the lucas officials and told them that he was going to his souvenir trailer to sign autographs, told that official to tell the other drivers they needed to do the same as it was likely the only thing those fans were going to get to do that weekend.

Bob Hubbard
09-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Bloomer is sitting on top of the points .... Hes winning races ... doing his thing ... There isnt much else he can do to win the series .... Im not a big bloomer fan but the facts are hes on top of the series ....

joshroth14
09-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Bloomquist late to Portsmouth.

zyoung25
09-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Just now got here.

Zero2Hero
09-03-2016, 07:02 PM
All he wants is people talking about him. He'll do this s**t to give ya'll something to do. He's the best there is god dammit and ya know it.

MI Dirt Fan
09-03-2016, 07:11 PM
All he wants is people talking about him. He'll do this s**t to give ya'll something to do. He's the best there is god dammit and ya know it.

That's for sure. Hes won here, there and everywhere in between. Like I said a few weeks ago. He's going to do what he wants and when he wants. He doesn't give a f!ck what anybody thinks about him on or off the track.

joshroth14
09-03-2016, 07:11 PM
yeah he's the best but at 53 years old you would think the games would stop. Ive been a fan since 89 but somehow hope he loses this championship. This could've been the weekend he wrapped it up with his Attica and Portsmouth domination. Its tough to be a Bloomquist fan, thats all there is to it.

Zero2Hero
09-03-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm a fan but if your going to pull this crap you need to back it up with a win that night or finish up front. Can't cost yourself a championship over it. But maybe something honestly had him behind. oh well who cares.

MI Dirt Fan
09-03-2016, 07:35 PM
I highly doubt he's just going to intentionally give away the championship for being late some weeks.

joshroth14
09-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Points are down to 445. He's lost 220 points in two races by playing head games.

Bob Hubbard
09-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Bloomer just wants it to look like a close race for the championship ..... I kinda like it ....

chasenracing2001
09-04-2016, 06:51 AM
He missed the call because he was parked outside turn 3 and changed a motor. Crew couldn't get motor fired and he didn't make call. They finally got it running and was held at gate. Danny Myers did get fired soon after.

Crossbones
09-04-2016, 05:34 PM
the horn sounded bloomer missed roll call they closed the gate he missed his heat race,but due to his fast qualifying time it got him in the race close to the rear and he made it up to 3rd.

The race some of the posters are talking about was the 2003 dream. No he didn't make the race, this was when Eldora got 150 cars for the dream and had 20 cars per heat so when he wasn't allowed to race the heat he finished last in the heat and was done for the night.

waaac77
09-04-2016, 11:05 PM
You're so right centeroff. If Bloomer would just show up to his races about 15 minutes sooner he'd be the best dirt late model driver in the world. Brilliant post