PDA

View Full Version : Request to Any and All Race Announcers Nationwide.

Enigma41
09-04-2016, 09:34 AM
I would like to make a personal request to Any and All race announcers in our country. I realize that culture is always changing in some way, shape or form. I understand with the advent of texting certain phrases have become part of the everyday vernacular, like "OMG". However I would like to plead with you to resist using the Lord's name in vain in your race, "Play by Play". For some reason this season especially the race announcers, for example with the SAS and Clash series have started using phrases like "OMG" and "G-Almighty" and others quite frequently throughout the course of an events announcing. I understand getting caught up in the moment, happens to everyone, but as a Christian myself I'd like to request you stop using God's name in vain over the public address during events. I myself am going to forward this request to the offices of the series I frequent and have heard numerous times, just this season. I had hoped it was just a one time thing, but it seems to be becoming the norm. If you agree with me I ask that you send an email to the office of your series and or racetrack and let them know we would appreciate them correcting this.

racing@carolinaclash.com
lynn.acklin@sasdirt.com

ptown
09-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Oh my god.....Can't you find a more urgent cause to take up?

drano
09-04-2016, 10:00 AM
This needs to be moved to the tailgate section.....respect the Dirt Late Model gossip section.

dirtdobber45
09-04-2016, 10:07 AM
As I said in another thread Shut the h€ll up

MI Dirt Fan
09-04-2016, 10:17 AM
God d@mn dude. Get outta the race shop, the fumes are getting to you

Bubstr
09-04-2016, 10:31 AM
What happened, Did Centeroff need to ruin the good reputation of another sock puppet?

zyoung25
09-04-2016, 11:19 AM
It's not like they're screaming the F word over the loud speaker. I don't know what it matters really? When the races are going on, you can't hear anything anyone is saying anyway. If you don't like what they have to say......take ear plugs.

I think you're baking up the wrong tree coming to this forum and asking for help. Facebook may be better for this.

drano
09-04-2016, 11:51 AM
That's the problem with this world people get offended to much, if you don't like something move on to a place that you do like.

zyoung25
09-04-2016, 01:31 PM
It's not right to come on a racing forum and bark religion. We don't go on religion forums and bark racing. I can't figure what you expected to gain from this thread in the first place.

drano
09-04-2016, 02:24 PM
I never said I don't like 4m, I've been on and off here for years going back to 1998. The crowd has changed and the tone. What use to be adult conversation in regards to dirt late model racing and technical issues has become in large part a den of trolls with no motivation other than to take pot shots at people and then pile on. Take my post for instance, I didn't offer it up as a pole or offer any insults, I made a request and offered information for those who may feel the same way. What I got for my trouble was a gang of troll comedians piling on like thugs in an alley with out an intelligent thing to say from the lot of them.

I have the right, as an American, to speak when I have an issue.
I have the obligation as a Christian to speak up when things are done or said I know aren't right.
I have the inclination as a racer and a fan to at least request whats being blasted out on "Public" address, be suitable for everyone present.

I made one simple, "request" that's all and somehow that makes me the bad guy, worthy of mockery and ridicule.

Your request was to race announcers so why even post it on here you should have contacted them just seems like you wanted everyone to ban together on your personal crusade, you don't like what you hear at a race track so you want it stopped..... well it may not offend everyone and this I have a right as an American to say what I want is a two way street but most people only see it as one way and there is where the problem is.

drano
09-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Please show me where I said you demanded anything and by all means raise any questions you like but don't expect everyone to jump on board when more likely than not you may have been the only one the announcers may have offended......and did you just call me a troll I am so offended......who can I contact to have this stopped.

drano
09-04-2016, 03:15 PM
What I have witnessed on this board over the past 10 to 15 years is mostly adults talking racing and having some fun and after re-reading your post you did ask people to get on board with your opinion of what offended you but I have to admit after all the 35 plus years of going to races me personally I have never been offended by an announcer before so for that reason I decline your request to have their language policed.

DIRTNECK
09-04-2016, 03:37 PM
He asked Track Announcers, but apparently all race fans were quick to jump on the man. Most of you have stated if you don't want to hear it don't go. If you aren't an Announcer don't respond! I will have to say some of the fans comments are way off target. You preach don't go or wear earplugs etc.. Yet you read and respond without decent thoughts. And for the guy that said at least it wasnt the F-bomb... That's not one of the 10 commandments, but his request is.. The man had a simple request, its ok not to respond if you didn't like it....

Enigma41
09-04-2016, 03:49 PM
How can we tell what you said you have Edited all most all your Posts...All most all the ones that have posted on this post are Adults (Insult us once more) and have been on here from be for it was sold in 2007....You want it Both ways, It dont work that way, Respect is a 2 way street.. Some of your first posts were tell some of us what too do, and we been on here over 10 years..I have been on here 18 to 19 years...And a Guy with 7 posts Gives me C r a p......What do expect ,,,The more you keep coming back the more we will ride you.. Best bet is to drop it and try too fit in, If Not we will ride you like we ride old fan....Up too you My Friend...

The first post I edited almost immediately after posting because of a typo, but check the time, you came in after the edit. You attacked me, not I you.

The more you keep coming back the more we will ride you.. Best bet is to drop it and try too fit in, If Not we will ride you like we ride old fan....Up too you My Friend...This right here is what I'm talking about, you and your band of hooligans run around trolling people and bullying them. Thanks for revealing your true nature and intentions.

Highside Hustler25
09-04-2016, 03:55 PM
How can we tell what you said you have Edited all most all your Posts...All most all the ones that have posted on this post are Adults (Insult us once more) and have been on here from be for it was sold in 2007....You want it Both ways, It dont work that way, Respect is a 2 way street.. Some of your first posts were tell some of us what too do, and we been on here over 10 years..I have been on here 18 to 19 years...And a Guy with 7 posts Gives me C r a p......What do expect ,,,The more you keep coming back the more we will ride you.. Best bet is to drop it and try too fit in, If Not we will ride you like we ride old fan....Up too you My Friend...

Wow. For a guy that claims to be in such poor health, you sure come on as a real tough guy.:rolleyes:

The original poster made a request to race announcers. He never called you out at all but you sure let him have it.

He also asked that if you agree with him, to kindly send a email. Key word here. "ASKED"!

I'd say you're the instigator here. But hey, you've got all them posts and been here for years.LMAO

Highside Hustler25
09-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Thats the 4 or 5 Time you have called me out on my Faith.. Here It comes go F==K your self....

Guess nobody needs to question your Christianity anymore. So Jesus like:D

Highside Hustler25
09-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Do you beleve in god .. Was what i said right NO .. Have you ever cussed some one .Come on over I will on wheel on down and give you a STONE ...

lol. I've seen you before on the turn 4 hillside @ FC. You're not worth my time. I'm off to Spoon. Bye Bye:)

Praise the Lord !

kidrock
09-04-2016, 04:49 PM
I was going to chime in to but, I don't have time I'm off to Spoon River as well

Cardirt0
09-04-2016, 04:56 PM
lol. I've seen you before on the turn 4 hillside @ FC. You're not worth my time. I'm off to Spoon. Bye Bye:)

Praise the Lord !

Been there 2 time last year not once this year..Could care less what you think of me..Wish 1 week you could have what I have .. See if you think is funny then... Have fun at Spoon.. I guess my Looks make me a Bad person.. First time I been told that...Thats Life

dirtdobber45
09-04-2016, 06:27 PM
I never said I don't like 4m, I've been on and off here for years going back to 1998. The crowd has changed and the tone. What use to be adult conversation in regards to dirt late model racing and technical issues has become in large part a den of trolls with no motivation other than to take pot shots at people and then pile on. Take my post for instance, I didn't offer it up as a pole or offer any insults, I made a request and offered information for those who may feel the same way. What I got for my trouble was a gang of troll comedians piling on like thugs in an alley with out an intelligent thing to say from the lot of them. I have the right, as an American, to speak when I have an issue. I have the obligation as a Christian to speak up when things are done or said I know aren't right.I have the inclination as a racer and a fan to at least request whats being blasted out on "Public" address, be suitable for everyone present.I made one simple, "request" that's all and somehow that makes me the bad guy, worthy of mockery and ridicule.I get on here to not only find out whats goin on in the dlm world but to have a good time and cut up with friends. If thats not your cup of tea TOUGH SH!T!!! Announcers are paid to keep the crowd pumped during the race. Most times as you said get caught up in the moment doesnt mean they dont believe in God or disrespecting him. And if your a big Christian as you say you are you can forgive them.

dirtdobber45
09-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Been there 2 time last year not once this year..Could care less what you think of me..Wish 1 week you could have what I have .. See if you think is funny then... Have fun at Spoon.. I guess my Looks make me a Bad person.. First time I been told that...Thats LifeYou keep up the good fight bud screw em if they dont like it

Krooser
09-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Years ago I had a co-worker who REALLY went off the deep end when it came to this subject. He used to hand out a paper that listed maybe a hundred examples of how people use the Lord's name in vane in everyday conversations.

Some examples would be "Gosh", "Darn", "Dam", "Holy Cow", "Goll Durnit"... you get the idea. Most folks would just turn the other way when they saw him coming.

If you want things to change take it up with the announcer and/or track management. But this still is a semi-free country and the First Amendment is still in effect. Don't expect a miracle...

Enigma41
09-04-2016, 07:54 PM
It's funny, I make one simple request be considered and every troll in the 4m universe comes out to tap dance on me. I encouraged any of my brothers "IF" they agreed to contact the series emails I listed. You see I get on 4m to get news, results and share/learn tech. But there is this other group who use it for entertainment, an opportunity to unleash their narcissistic tendencies anonymously on others. I havent been able to figure out how my post ensensed the rabble to unleash their venom on me for a legitimate mature adult request. I suppose I should expect a reaction like this from Obama generation. You see liberals claim they want conversation and discussion, but that's only true if you agree with them. If you don't agree with them then they insist on shutting you down, "no opposing views allowed". Sound familiar? I respect your right to disagree with me but I still have the right to ask.

Clayton_Wetter
09-04-2016, 07:56 PM
I never said I don't like 4m, I've been on and off here for years going back to 1998. The crowd has changed and the tone. What use to be adult conversation in regards to dirt late model racing and technical issues has become in large part a den of trolls with no motivation other than to take pot shots at people and then pile on. Take my post for instance, I didn't offer it up as a pole or offer any insults, I made a request and offered information for those who may feel the same way. What I got for my trouble was a gang of troll comedians piling on like thugs in an alley with out an intelligent thing to say from the lot of them.

I have the right, as an American, to speak when I have an issue.
I have the obligation as a Christian to speak up when things are done or said I know aren't right.
I have the inclination as a racer and a fan to at least request whats being blasted out on "Public" address, be suitable for everyone present.

I made one simple, "request" that's all and somehow that makes me the bad guy, worthy of mockery and ridicule.

I respect your thread topic, I see no reason for people to take offense to your opinion at all.

a25rjr
09-04-2016, 08:04 PM
I respect your thread topic, I see no reason for people to take offense to your opinion at all.

Yep... if you're a Christian and speak out, you're a right wing extremist....but if you're gay, black, or Muslim, you're an American hero!.....SMH!

drano
09-04-2016, 08:21 PM
My first response to this topic was in response to you wanting a topic about Dale Jr moved the other day.... kinda just a dig but I see you didn't see it that way, as I said earlier I re-read your post and I decline your offer I really don't see where I attacked you but people perceive things different probably like you didn't see your comments the other day as attacking so all in all if I attacked you sorry.

Bubstr
09-05-2016, 01:30 AM
I would like to make a personal request to Any and All race announcers in our country. I realize that culture is always changing in some way, shape or form. I understand with the advent of texting certain phrases have become part of the everyday vernacular, like "OMG". However I would like to plead with you to resist using the Lord's name in vain in your race, "Play by Play". For some reason this season especially the race announcers, for example with the SAS and Clash series have started using phrases like "OMG" and "G-Almighty" and others quite frequently throughout the course of an events announcing. I understand getting caught up in the moment, happens to everyone, but as a Christian myself I'd like to request you stop using God's name in vain over the public address during events. I myself am going to forward this request to the offices of the series I frequent and have heard numerous times, just this season. I had hoped it was just a one time thing, but it seems to be becoming the norm. If you agree with me I ask that you send an email to the office of your series and or racetrack and let them know we would appreciate them correcting this.

racing@carolinaclash.com
lynn.acklin@sasdirt.com

Ok,since you brought it up. What would Jesus do? Better yet, what did Jesus say? He said," Judge not, least you be judged." That pretty much says, what they say is between them and their god and do gooder Christians are treading on thin ice, when they start judging other people. Son, that is written in RED.

The book of Troll 101 has three subdivisions, character assignation, Religion and Politics, Want to try the other two?

Wonder
09-05-2016, 08:31 AM
Obummer and his knuckle dragging dems have no moral values, period.

Cardirt0
09-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Your a hypocrite you say you are a Good Christian.. then you ? my faith.. A good Christian would not do that...who are you to tell Me if I believe in God...Thats why i got mad. You tell me too go read the Bible.. GOD will see right through you... this is for Enigma Judge not, least you be judged

joshroth14
09-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers.

Cardirt0
09-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Its called rebuking. Learn your scripture instead of quoting your fellow trolls. You said last night you were done, but here you are bright an early with a new attack. Going to church doesn't make a man a christian anymore than hanging out in a garage makes him a car.

See there you go once more .. calling people Trolls.. Is that what God told you to do.. if some one dont think you are right.. you call them Names.. is that what God said too do... I dont go too Church But still believe in God.. but that does not mean I am not a christian.. See you can quote the Bible and that ok ..but I reuse a Friends quote and then you attack me.. They call that a hypocrite...And I have the right too change my mine from when i said i am done.. I was going to stop from your PMs.. But it seams you are not so I am now your worst Nightmare YOU saying you are a christian .. You no more a christian then I am..

Cardirt0
09-05-2016, 10:01 AM
I was ready too stop posting on 4M .. So tired of people Just spamming on here .. Then this persons came on and with 7 posts on here comes and tells me what to do.. Then he calls me out on my faith..Then he trys too shame me.. Then he calls my friends Trolls.. and now we have a Preacher to Rule over Us...I Dont have too Explain my Faith too NO one Not to this Nut...He can Kiss my A$$ and if God dont take me for that so be it...You my Firend Are the Troll ..

Cardirt0
09-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Its funny, you guys attacked me for no good reason and because I can manage an intelligent rebuttal that makes me a hypocrite. That's rich. It speaks volumes to your own self delusions. Whats even more funny is I've never passed any judgement on any of you, I just pointed out the errors in your fumbling 3 stooges style attacks. Cardiofit, sent me personal messages last night claiming he was done and yet shows up bright and early to begin the fight anew. Still swearing to his faith with one side of his mouth and cursing me with the other. Let it go boys, you are outmatched.

Oh and the judge not quote doesn't really pertain to my request at all, I asked if they would please consider in future shows "Not" using the Lord's name in vain. There isn't a shred of judgement in that, its a request. But if we use your logic, it would be like coming upon a rape and walking on by so as not to interrupt or pass judgement on the poor fellow getting his jollies. Your argument is absurd.

Now I do apologize for offending you for pointing out your error in posting nascar in the wrong section, but it was in the wrong section. My posts directly involves dirt racing events and so is in the correct place. You were zealous in your attack on me you didn't care what I posted or where, you were gonna rally the "Troll Squad" anyway. I just don't see Jesus dropping the F-Bomb on me for defending His commandments. I realize our society puts no weight in throwing His name around like they do, but logically since He included it in the top 10 I think its worth paying attention to. You say you have faith, that's fine, its not between me and you anyway. Scripture says, "you may know a tree by what fruit it bares"......

My intent, my desire was never to have conflict with any of you, but some on 4m get their kicks running around stirring up trouble and making threats, thats too bad. Have a nice day.
I did not say I was Done with 4M. I was done with you.. But you keep posting on it so I am Back ..You wanted me to ask you for forgiveness I said I would not .. Yours fruit is a Apple fifer it out

Cardirt0
09-05-2016, 10:12 AM
More threats. First cursing and now more threats. Scripture says even demons believe in God....

Get use to it .. I am your Freddie.. I am in you Dreams .. God sent me to test you .. You are weak..You think you know it all you dont know a thing...I come in your sleep.. God has sent Me... There Rant over for now LOL

Cardirt0
09-05-2016, 11:20 AM
Get a life.. you dont give up.. NO ONE CARES, dont you get it.. You will not win.. I may not win.. But I dont care If i win..ever time you respond you dig a bigger hole..I will make you HAPPY.. I am a Troll and a DAM good one at that .. Wate I am your Troll I am here too troll you ....ITs now my job too troll you .. LOL See I love that you cant take it .. cause I now dont Care....Have a Nice Day..

Bubstr
09-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Don't get confused, Church doctrine is trumped by words written in red. Jesus rebuked the money changers in the church, but he is the judge. when the Church or people judge, it is treading on thin ice. You can hate sin, but your supposed to love the sinner.

kidrock
09-05-2016, 08:22 PM

Praise the Lord !

Highside Hustler what did you think of the races at Spoon last night. Thought the races were pretty good, Feger didn't do to bad for just getting the new car done around 3:00

Mod Feature was pretty good

Spoon could learn a thing or 2 from Sargent about running their show in a timely fashion. A tad bit to slow if you ask me but, all in all not a bad night of racing.

Highside Hustler25
09-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Highside Hustler what did you think of the races at Spoon last night. Thought the races were pretty good, Feger didn't do to bad for just getting the new car done around 3:00

Mod Feature was pretty good

Spoon could learn a thing or 2 from Sargent about running their show in a timely fashion. A tad bit to slow if you ask me but, all in all not a bad night of racing.

Thought 5 classes were a bit much but hey, the fans got their moneys worth. After that heat win, I figured it would be a cakewalk in the feature.lol
Been watchin more modified action this year as in the past, I would exit stage left when they hit the track. They put on a heck of a show. I remember when they started this modified class. Cars pushed terribly in the corners and were basicly crash dummies. They have come a long way.

Surprised to see Brad Denny still in a car. Spoon is a excellent facility. To bad they don't get more specials.

kidrock
09-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Thought 5 classes were a bit much but hey, the fans got their moneys worth. After that heat win, I figured it would be a cakewalk in the feature.lol
Been watchin more modified action this year as in the past, I would exit stage left when they hit the track. They put on a heck of a show. I remember when they started this modified class. Cars pushed terribly in the corners and were basicly crash dummies. They have come a long way.

Surprised to see Brad Denny still in a car. Spoon is a excellent facility. To bad they don't get more specials.

Yes it is a great facility and your right 5 classes was a bit much. Yes the Mods have come a long way my wife hated the mods because, of all the cautions they would have. That's usually when she would take a bathroom break or get something to eat and drink.

Yeah I surprised to see Brad out there as well.

Stede Bonnet
09-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Years ago I had a co-worker who REALLY went off the deep end when it came to this subject. He used to hand out a paper that listed maybe a hundred examples of how people use the Lord's name in vane in everyday conversations.

Some examples would be "Gosh", "Darn", "Dam", "Holy Cow", "Goll Durnit"... you get the idea. Most folks would just turn the other way when they saw him coming.

If you want things to change take it up with the announcer and/or track management. But this still is a semi-free country and the First Amendment is still in effect. Don't expect a miracle...

This guy didn't sound like he went off the deep end to me at all, but some others actually thought it would be funny to attack him needlessly. Agree with him, don't agree with him, but disrespecting someone because they ask for something. No, that's whats wrong with 4m anymore, too many on here using it as entertainment and an excuse to dump on people. Did he fire back at some? Sure he did, but since when is defending yourself a crime. I don't think he could've made a less threatening or less demanding request, on a very personal issue and he got dog piled for his trouble. You guys that used him for target practice, should be ashamed.