PDA

View Full Version : Hiett and Putnam, Alabama's Big E hopes

dirt crow
09-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Hoping for a great upcoming Eldora weekend for these guys. They are the best Bama has to offer. It'd be so awesome to see the second or perhaps third driver to ever make the World from Alabama. Hope it happens.

pap
09-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Hoping both of those guys have a good weekend!!! Probably the only 2 from the state that could possibly be competitive. Guessing RLH not going this year?

W2Racing09
09-06-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure that I've ever seen either one of these guys race in person, but from what I see on DoD both drivers are true wheel men! I'll be rooting for both!

Thanks,
Jeff.

GRT24
09-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Both are good clean racers. Hiett does very well on big fast tracks. You can always count on him to be up front at Rome. I do believe he holds the track record at Rome

dirt crow
09-06-2016, 02:39 PM
I left out Dylan Ames. He's suppose to be there as well. So 3 out of Alabama's top 5 will be in the house. ...don't think RLH is coming.

pap
09-06-2016, 07:19 PM
That's pretty cool of you to say Jeff, good drivers down here, just not alot of people willing to spend the money. GRT24, your right about Hiett and the big tracks, but he's got TST figured out also. DC, hope you have a good safe, no dust trip to the Big E!!! I had forgot about Ames, who is the other or your top 5 not going besides RLH??

fastford
09-06-2016, 07:43 PM
been watching hiett since he was 15, he has developed into a good driver, he just won both the late model and limited at east Alabama..

B_K
09-07-2016, 06:11 AM
Both are good clean racers. Hiett does very well on big fast tracks. You can always count on him to be up front at Rome. I do believe he holds the track record at Rome

I thought it was Moyer with something like a 12:78. Best lap I've ever seen.

If Hiett beat that, hats off to him. Hope he does well at the Big E.

badacefaist19
09-07-2016, 07:12 AM
I thought it was Moyer with something like a 12:78. Best lap I've ever seen.

Correct. Don't think it will ever be broken. Kinda like NGS TR

GRT24
09-07-2016, 07:29 AM
I remember when Lucas came and Moyer never lifted. Ill see if I can find it for some reason I thought hiett set it one night. I just watched it. He just ran a real fast time and I thought he had broke it but it was from the Rome Boss race. Hiett was fast but was still 6 tenths off Moyer. He turned a 13.3 @ 138 mph. I can't remember the speed on moyers lap like 145 or 150? Anyways enough rambling here is the clip

http://youtu.be/gLktPmNLRAM

dirt crow
09-07-2016, 09:14 AM
That's pretty cool of you to say Jeff, good drivers down here, just not alot of people willing to spend the money. GRT24, your right about Hiett and the big tracks, but he's got TST figured out also. DC, hope you have a good safe, no dust trip to the Big E!!! I had forgot about Ames, who is the other or your top 5 not going besides RLH??

William Thomas. That's bout the best 5 Bama has to offer right now.

dirtdobber45
09-07-2016, 05:36 PM
I like Josh. Im kin to some Putnams not sure if hes a distant cousin or not lol

castone
09-08-2016, 03:16 PM
I am familiar with all above racers, and they are all very good Saturday night racers, and sure hope one of them could get the win, but they will be like a fish out of the water at Eldora.

Late_Model_Mark
09-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Glad to see some Bama folks up there, hope they have a good showing and maybe even make the show.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer