PDA

View Full Version : Eric Cooley Wins CCSDS Thriller at Crowley's Ridge Raceway

Ben Shelton
09-05-2016, 12:44 PM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
September 5, 2016

Eric Cooley Wins CCSDS Thriller at Crowley's Ridge Raceway

Fulton, MS (09/05/16) – Less than a week after picking up his first-career win with the Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series (MSCCS), Eric Cooley experienced another first on Friday night in his Bryson Motorsports #33b Eric Cooley Trucking/ Barry Wright Race Cars/ Clements Racing Engines Inc. Super Late Model. The Fulton, Mississippi pilot surged to his first-ever win with the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS).

“That was some really fun racing tonight, but at the same time it was nerve racking because to win you had to take big some chances in lapped traffic,” said Cooley. “There was no less than three times that I thought I had put myself in a situation, where I was about to spin. But thankfully I didn’t, and we got this win.”

Kicking off the three-night Labor Day weekend stint, Eric Cooley traveled to Crowley’s Ridge Raceway (Paragould, Arkansas) on Friday night for the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) sanctioned event. With 33 cars signed in for the Labor Day Classic, Cooley looked for his second consecutive win behind the wheel of his #33b Super Late Model. Making a charge for the lead late in the 30-lap feature, Eric took the top spot with just a few laps remaining and went on to capture his third victory of the season and a $3,000 payday. Chandler Petty, Shannon Scott, Kyle Beard, and Clay Fisher rounded out the Top 5 finishers.

Cooley went on to comment, “I have to dedicate this win to my crew guys because they are working so hard during the week to give me a top-notch car for the weekends. It feels good to finally be giving them the results that they deserve.”

The rest of the weekend wouldn’t be as kind to Cooley. He registered a 17th place finish with the Southern All Star (SAS) Racing Series on Saturday night at Thunderhill Raceway (Summertown, Tennessee) and an 18th-place finish at Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) on Sunday evening.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.COMPDirt.com , www.SASDirt.com and www.MagnoliaDirt.com .

Eric is currently unsure of when his next event will take place. Keep your browsers pointed to www.EricCooleyRacing.com and www.BrysonMotorsports.com for the latest team news.

Eric and everyone at Cooley Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors, which include 78 Towing & Recovery Inc., Cooley Transport Inc, Bryson Motorsports, Fleetco Inc., Eric Cooley Trucking, DJ Transportation, O.H. Hendricks, Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, GW Performance, SEG, Hooker Harness, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Cooley Motorsports is currently looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information on joining the team, please visit www.EricCooleyRacing.com .

For more information on Eric Cooley and Bryson Motorsports, please visit the official team website at www.EricCooleyRacing.com and www.BrysonMotorsports.com .