PDA

View Full Version : Moyer jr

Centeroff
09-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Jr seems to be hitting his stride. I know it's the WOO which is the nationwide division of DLM racing but big turnaround for Moyer and crew.

pierceFAN
09-05-2016, 10:34 PM
He deserves it...he catches a lot of crap for being Billy Moyer JRJR in my opinion

Stede Bonnet
09-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Your right, Kid Smooth is coming into his own. Right on time.

BTExpress
09-06-2016, 07:15 AM
I got to personally see his win at Selinsgrove. He was fast from warm ups through the feature. I was very impressed with his Victory Lane speech. He was well spoken, humble and willing to give credit from his Dad to his crew for the win. After reading 4m over the last few years, I didn't expect that from him. His win and speech were well received by the Central Pa crowd. I overheard several fans sitting around me saying that it must be tough following his Dad's footsteps..... I am now a new fan of BMJ!!!!!

jlacey
09-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Yeah he was the same way in victory lane at Volusia and Winchester. I met him for a quick second at the Ale House the night before the world finals, couldnt get much of a read on him from that but ended up hanging out with his crew and JD and his crew. Didnt really know what to expect out of him just from what I had read on here. Just goes to show that you cant believe everything you read on 4m or the internet.

BTExpress
09-06-2016, 12:00 PM
I agree, being a longtime race fan (sprint cars & BB modifieds) but a fairly new DLM fan, I have not had the opportunity see see many national touring series races. Most of the knowledge that I have picked up on the sport over the last few years, has come from 4m, DoD and reading Dirt Late Model magazine. Prior to Sunday @ Selinsgrove, I was of the opinion that BMJ was a "pompous jerk" based on the comments from this site....he doesn't draw the same reaction as Richards or Pierce but folks on here have taken their fair amount of shots at him.

W2Racing09
09-06-2016, 12:23 PM
I'm not going to address the first post other than to say that Billy Moyer Jr has been very impressive this season. He has 8 wins so far this season and the majority of those are with very stout regional fields or national level. He is a wheel man and has proven it over the past few weeks especially. I also based my opinion of him on some of his comments in the past but the more I have followed him over the past few years the more of a fan I have become. I was rooting for BMJ from the drop of the green on Sunday and I'm glad to see him have such a great weekend.

BTExpress
09-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Jeff, I was even thinking about buying one of his shirts after he won......but in your honor, I had already purchased my first JOSH RICHARDS shirt earlier in the night and had spent my weekly allowance, ha ha.

W2Racing09
09-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Jeff, I was even thinking about buying one of his shirts after he won......but in your honor, I had already purchased my first JOSH RICHARDS shirt earlier in the night and had spent my weekly allowance, ha ha.

Glad to hear it -- unfortunately he had some bad luck after a dominating 7 laps in the heat (he was just about a full half track ahead of the rest of the heat when his engine let go) but I was glad to see Moyer Jr pick up the W. The only other person I would have liked to see win would have been Eric Wells, he was really fast too. Just couldn't quite get up there, but as I said Moyer Jr has been great this season and it was no surprise to see him put himself in position to dominate the feature as he did.

On a side note, Richards lost a motor, Overton wrecked a car and sitting in turn one I saw/heard a lot of others seemingly having motor issues. This was my first time spectating at Selinsgrove (the first time I was there running the Modified tour and was in the infield all night). Is it common for cars to have such issues there? I know the track is big but I would think guys would stay away from running there if they were popping those Aluminum engines all the time. With the wrecks and engine problems they destroyed a bunch of equipment at SG.

Thanks,
Jeff.

BTExpress
09-06-2016, 02:12 PM
I just think it was "one of those nights" It was the Outlaws third race in 3 days. I have not heard of any problems from the Late Model teams who run there on a regular basis and if there were problems the track certainly would not have drawn a strong field of 42 cars. Sometimes "stuff" happens.

jlacey
09-06-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm not going to address the first post other than to say that Billy Moyer Jr has been very impressive this season. He has 8 wins so far this season and the majority of those are with very stout regional fields or national level. He is a wheel man and has proven it over the past few weeks especially. I also based my opinion of him on some of his comments in the past but the more I have followed him over the past few years the more of a fan I have become. I was rooting for BMJ from the drop of the green on Sunday and I'm glad to see him have such a great weekend.

Yeah thats exactly what i expected just from posts on here but I think after that time off he took helped him mentally. I was pulling for him both nights i saw him win, both nights he was strong from hot laps to the checkers. Being the son of 1 of the biggest names in the sport can put alot of added pressure on someone and I think he handles it pretty good.

rickybrown1952
09-06-2016, 08:03 PM
Moyer jr has most definitely improved last couple yrs getting several wins this year not quite like his dad not yet any I remember he came to I55 pevely mo his 1st yr was not good at all I guess me and a lot of people expected too much of him but in my opinion he's almost there now