PDA

View Full Version : Portsmouth and Tyler County

bigdaddyt
09-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Attended my first races at both Portsmouth and Tyler County over the weekend. I have to say that Portsmouth impressed me a lot. Great racing throughout the night and everybody was really nice. Tyler County was good, even though the feature was one grooved. Qualifying and heats were really good. Everybody that I talked to was super nice and friendly. The talk about the fish sandwich made me try one and I was disappointed in that. Overall a very good weekend!

Pennsboro23
09-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Tyler County rarely gets locked down like that but they had 3 days of racing on that track. Saturdays racing was great, and the heats on Sunday were good. Cody and the boys will have it right next year.

jshawn81
09-06-2016, 07:58 AM
How come if some places get dusty people go nuts but they go to Tyler county and rave about how good the racing is it sucked Sunday

W2Racing09
09-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Might of been too much racing during the weekend -- I went for the WoO Jackpot weekend and the racing was top notch both days. If the WoO is back next year I will be there again no question!

Thanks,
Jeff.

jshawn81
09-06-2016, 09:05 AM
That was the first time in my 20 years of going to races I ever had dirt in my socks when I took them off when I got home

W2Racing09
09-06-2016, 09:12 AM
That was the first time in my 20 years of going to races I ever had dirt in my socks when I took them off when I got home

Definitely not arguing that you end up with dirt on you at the end of the night. I have to take a shower when I get home from the dirt track no matter how much dust there is, so I would prefer to see good racing no matter how much dust (at Tyler Co. it is more like dirt... caked on everything) you get. I had to get my car detailed when I got home because of the dust at Tyler Co. and I still wouldn't miss the Jackpot weekend next year for anything (I'll just plan for the extra $75 for detailing this time!).

Thanks,
Jeff.

MI Dirt Fan
09-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Definitely not arguing that you end up with dirt on you at the end of the night. I have to take a shower when I get home from the dirt track no matter how much dust there is, so I would prefer to see good racing no matter how much dust (at Tyler Co. it is more like dirt... caked on everything) you get. I had to get my car detailed when I got home because of the dust at Tyler Co. and I still wouldn't miss the Jackpot weekend next year for anything (I'll just plan for the extra $75 for detailing this time!).

Thanks,
Jeff.
I usually roll my windows up when I'm at the track

W2Racing09
09-06-2016, 09:40 AM
I usually roll my windows up when I'm at the track

Where do you sit when you are driving the car home covered in dust and dirt?

Thanks,
Jeff.

MI Dirt Fan
09-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Where do you sit when you are driving the car home covered in dust and dirt?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Just yanking on your chain.

I've only been once this year. I can honestly say I didn't even look like it went to a dirt track when I left. I was pretty clean. A couple tracks I can go to actually wearing a fairly nice pair of shorts and a nice shirt and not worry about getting covered in dirt. A couple others the dress code is older clothing because you know your going to be covered when you leave.

W2Racing09
09-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Just yanking on your chain.

I've only been once this year. I can honestly say I didn't even look like it went to a dirt track when I left. I was pretty clean. A couple tracks I can go to actually wearing a fairly nice pair of shorts and a nice shirt and not worry about getting covered in dirt. A couple others the dress code is older clothing because you know your going to be covered when you leave.

Yeah, we have some around here like that (Hagerstown, Port Royal, Williams Grove) too. Tyler County was the worst I've had this year (The Sunday of World Finals last year was probably the worst of last year. Or Screven). But it still wasn't enough for me to worry about it, my wife wasn't thrilled but she'll get used to it! Selinsgrove surprised me on Sunday though, it was pretty dusty. But as hot as it has been this summer I'm just happy that it hasn't been worse to be honest.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Clayton_Wetter
09-06-2016, 03:08 PM
How come if some places get dusty people go nuts but they go to Tyler county and rave about how good the racing is it sucked Sunday

It's called being a "Loyal Local" They will always say "it's the best" or they'll get it right the next time. lol

Pennsboro23
09-06-2016, 03:24 PM
You guys are funny and obviously don't go to Tyler on a regular basis. Every track has a snoozer every once in a while but 9 out of 10 times, Tyler County is great.

Drop Shock
09-06-2016, 04:46 PM
I've never been to a 100 lapper at Tyler County that didn't rubber up at the end. It's an awesome track for a 50 lapper but it's too abrasive for 100 laps. Maybe if they didn't run so many classes on Saturday they could survive 100 laps

Highside Hustler25
09-06-2016, 05:37 PM
I'll never bash a track for being dusty (it is dirt) but after watching the video of the Hillbilly, I figured their would be a thread a mile long with complaints. Early in the race, you could not tell who was who coming out of 4 and down the front stretch it was so dusty. Maybe it was different from the stands.