PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Strand Scores Pair of Wins; Clinches River Cities Track Title

Ben Shelton
09-06-2016, 10:08 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 6, 2016

Dustin Strand Scores Pair of Wins; Clinches River Cities Track Title

Grand Forks, North Dakota (09/06/16) – Over the course of the Labor Day weekend Dustin Strand continued his banner season behind the wheel of his RH Rebel Storage #71 Forks Mobile Wash Late Model. He registered a pair of wins and added another track championship to his list of career accolades.

Kicking off the action-packed Labor Day weekend, Dustin Strand invaded Red River Co-op Speedway (Winnipeg, Manitoba) on Thursday for the regular night of racing. Passing two cars in his heat, Strand captured a heat race win earning him the 8th-starting position for the feature. Working his way to the front, Dustin captured his fourth-straight victory and 18th of the season. Bill Mooney, Mike Balcaen, Mike Martin, and Rick Fawcett rounded out the Top 5 finishers.

The following night Strand headed to River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) for the Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) sanctioned program. Starting the night off again with a heat race victory, Strand rolled off the starting grid from the pole for the main event. Pacing the field for the full distance of the feature, Dustin bagged his 19th win of 2016. Joey Pederson, Mike Balcaen, Brad Seng, and Zach Naastad completed the Top 5.

With the victory he also clinched the River Cities Speedway Late Model Track Championship.

The NLRA Series picked back up on Saturday at Viking Speedway (Alexandra, Minnesota) for the two-day NLRA Labor Day Double Dip. In a field of 23 Late Models, Strand placed 3rd in his heat race, giving him the 7th-starting spot for the $1,600-to-win A-Main. Breaking into the Top 5, Dustin landed a 5th-place finish behind Don Shaw, Zach Johnson, Brad Seng, and Corey Nelson.

Closing out the busy weekend on Sunday, Strand started his night with a heat race win putting him on the pole for the NLRA sanctioned A-Main. Dustin led the feature until the final lap, when he slipped out of the rubber, allowing Don Shaw to slip past. He would go on to notch a runner-up finish behind Shaw with Brad Seng, Zach Johnson, and Corey Nelson trailing them across the finish line.

“We had an awesome weekend, but it really hurt to let that one slip away at Viking Speedway on Sunday night,” noted Strand. “I’ve never won there, and I thought I was finally going to get that monkey off my back. Despite giving that one away though, I’m very grateful for the great weekend I had, and I want to thank my sponsors, team, and fans for everything that they do.”

For more information from these events, please visit www.RedRiverCoopSpeedway.ca and www.NLRA.org .

The upcoming weekend, September 8-10 will find Dustin chasing a $9,200 top prize in the 10th annual John Seitz Memorial at River Cities Speedway. For more information on the event, please visit www.RiverCitiesSpeedway.com .

Dustin Strand would like to thank all of his sponsors including RealTruck.com, Q&Z Plumbing & Heating, Forks Mobile Wash, Schill Construction, Anderson Brothers Body Shop, McCaughen Builders, Generations Salon & Spa, Bemidji Welders Supply, RH Rebel Storage, Ben Adams Racing Engines, Forest Flying Service, Altru’s Sports Advantage powered by EXOS, Parallel Technologies Inc., Troy Pecka Trucking, R-n-R Stix, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Dustin Strand, please visit his official internet home at www.StrandRacing.com .