PDA

View Full Version : Cody Mahoney Tops Brownstown; Bowman Motorsports World 100 Bound

Ben Shelton
09-07-2016, 11:27 AM
or Immediate Release
September 7, 2016

Cody Mahoney Tops Brownstown; Bowman Motorsports World 100 Bound

Seymour, Indiana (09/07/16) –Cody Mahoney parked his Black Diamond by Club 29 Race Car #4 FK Rod Ends/ Jay D ickens Racing Engine Super Late Model in victory lane for the fourth time in 2016 on Saturday evening. His latest triumph came at Brownstown Speedway.

Kicking off the Labor Day Weekend, the Bowman Motorsports team headed to Farmer City Raceway (Farmer City, Illinois) on Friday night for the Sunoco American Late Model Series (ALMS), sanctioned program. After recording the fastest time in his group, Cody Mahoney edged his way into the feature with a 4th-place finish in his heat. Meanwhile Adam Bowman landed a runner-up finish behind Ryan Unzicker, earning him the 8th-starting spot for the $5,000-to-win A-Main in his #77 Black Diamond by Club 29. Moving up two positions, Adam posted a 6th place finish in the feature. Cody improved four positions registering a 10th place outing.

Saturday night brought Bowman Motorsports to Brownstown Speedway (Brownstown, Indiana) for the Hall of Fame Classic. Gaining two positions in his heat, Bowman recorded 3rd-place finish giving him the 8th-starting spot for the main event. Advancing through the field five spots in his heat, Cody scored a runner-up finish behind Jeremy Hines, putting him on the pole for the A-Main.
In the finale Adam jumped up one position, recording a 7th-place outing. Cody Mahoney kept the field at bay throughout the feature despite a late-race caution, capturing his fourth victory of the season. Hudson O’Neal, Joe Godsey, Jared Bailey, and Matt Bex completed the Top 5 finishers. Cody pocketed a $2,000 payday for his performance in the feature.

“We once again had a really great car on Saturday night at Brownstown,” commented Mahoney. “I can’t thank Bowman Motorsports and all of my sponsors enough for their great support of my racing career. Hopefully we can carry this momentum into Eldora this weekend.”

For more information from these events, please visit www.AmericanLateModelSeries.com and www.BrownstownSpeedway.com .

The upcoming weekend, September 8-10 will find both Bowman Motorsports team drivers in action at Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) during the 46th running of the World 100. On Thursday and Friday evening, there will be twin $10,000-to-win features each night. Saturday evening will be highlighted by the $49,000-to-win finale.

“I’ve always wanted to race at Eldora, so I’m really pumped to make my debut there this weekend,” said Bowman. “Hopefully the Big E takes it easy on this rookie.”

For anyone, who can’t attend the event all three nights will be broadcast live on pay-per-view at www.EldoraSpeedway.com and www.DirtOnDirt.com .

Bowman Motorsports would like to thank their marketing partners, which include Valvoline, Smoker Friendly Retail Stores, Penske Shocks, Garlitch Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, Kimball Midwest by Krissie, Hoosier Racing Tire by Suz, B&H Electric and Supply, Jay D ickens Racing Engines, Diamond Auto Sales, Black Diamond Race Cars by Club 29, AR Bodies, FK Rod Ends, Sweet Manufacturing, Quarter Master, Fragola Performance Systems, Jones Racing Products, Strange Oval, Bell Helmets, Peterson Fluid Systems, Wilwood, CV Products, Wiles Driveshafts, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Bowman Motorsports please visit www.BowmanDirt.com .