PDA

View Full Version : Rain world 100

Rubbinsracin1
09-07-2016, 12:44 PM
According to AccuWeather, looks like a absolute washout for Friday. Saturday doesn't look much better. Do a rain dance folks

TS FAN
09-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Thursday 80% Friday 20% Saturday 60% in afternoon.

plunks7
09-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Thursday

Thursday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 87. Southwest wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Chance
T-storms

High: 87 °F

Thursday
Night

Thursday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. West wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Chance
T-storms

Low: 68 °F

Friday

Friday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. South wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Chance
T-storms

High: 82 °F

Friday
Night

Friday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Showers
Likely

Low: 69 °F

Saturday

Saturday: A chance of showers, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

T-storms
Likely

High: 78 °F

Saturday
Night

Saturday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

T-storms
Likely then
Partly Cloudy

Low: 56 °F

Clayton_Wetter
09-07-2016, 02:53 PM
Now for that eternally optimistic race fan to come along and say "everything will be fine". :)

The weatherman is always wrong, the forecast will change 100 times before Thursday, blah blah blah!!!

plunks7
09-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Now for that eternally optimistic race fan to come along and say "everything will be fine". :)

The weatherman is always wrong, the forecast will change 100 times before Thursday, blah blah blah!!!

Wait for it..... Wait........

plunks7
09-07-2016, 03:09 PM
If Eldora gets the same rain storm (which it seems it will) as we are here in Iowa. Doesn't look good, already received 2" and plenty more to come.

HoosierDirtFan
09-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Your better off using the Weather Channel website at www.weather.com

plunks7
09-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Your better off using the Weather Channel website at www.weather.com

I use to for work, building houses and pouring concrete. But They seem to be way off in my opinion. I posted on another thread what weather website is the most accurate, especially with Radar. What they say and what they show are about spot on. Take a look on other thread or I can repost it here.

GEAR_HEAD
09-07-2016, 03:24 PM

Well it worked out well for those of us who attended the North/South! The weather was perfect even though the liars on the news guessed that it would be gloom and doom for 3 days.

plunks7
09-07-2016, 03:34 PM
www.weather.gov Thee best up to date weather!!!!

Clayton_Wetter
09-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Well it worked out well for those of us who attended the North/South! The weather was perfect even though the liars on the news guessed that it would be gloom and doom for 3 days.

The waiting is now over plunks!!!! :)

CT00
09-07-2016, 03:48 PM
The radar shows the rain in Iowa going north. But idk. I'm going regardless. Hoping for a good show.

tigwelder
09-07-2016, 04:01 PM
www.weather.gov Thee best up to date weather!!!!

you know they will race in the rain, they don't want to take a chance on having a make up week. lets see now, when can bloomer, shep and the rest of the tire guys come back??? i hope it rains for a couple weeks.

racenut
09-07-2016, 04:19 PM
everything will be fine.... I went to Eldora 25 times, got wet 24 times, only rained out twice in almost 20 years

blncfn57
09-07-2016, 04:54 PM
you know they will race in the rain, they don't want to take a chance on having a make up week. lets see now, when can bloomer, shep and the rest of the tire guys come back??? i hope it rains for a couple weeks.

you must have missed the thread about them getting banned again after filing the lawsuit. I'm guessing the insurance company paying the lawyers for this suit don't want the liability of another lawsuit.

MI Dirt Fan
09-07-2016, 05:16 PM
AccuWeather is the worse place to get any info from

mudmaker
09-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Any time there is hurricane like weather in the gulf the week before there will be weather in Ohio during the world. Seems to work that way when it hits land I guess. I could watch and almost depend at least hot sticky temps if not rain sometime though the week when we went.

plunks7
09-07-2016, 06:15 PM
AccuWeather is the worse place to get any info from

I was going to say that. But I didn't want to start a dumb 5 pages of posts as to which is a better weather channel or Web site. :)

MI Dirt Fan
09-07-2016, 06:19 PM
I was going to say that. But I didn't want to start a dumb 5 pages of posts as to which is a better weather channel or Web site. :)

I'll take that chance. I'll just ignore it if it did. lol.

We usually call is acculess

plunks7
09-07-2016, 06:19 PM
The waiting is now over plunks!!!! :)

Yes it is. But he had a very valid point. :)

Cardirt0
09-07-2016, 06:20 PM
everything will be fine.... I went to Eldora 25 times, got wet 24 times, only rained out twice in almost 20 years

LOL It only water As Mom told stop crying go stand in the Sun you be dry soon .. it may, then it may not . Then it may be sprinkling just enuff too cool the day off or there is the bad one... Cant see the camper next too you cause God said its a flood...Been there 4 times got wet 2 of them 3 were good races 1 was not not so good.. The News people said it would rain all weekend, the news said we would not race.. Then it was Nice the hole weekend......If you are there you doing better then me I can go..hay racenut how you doing...

CIRF
09-07-2016, 06:21 PM
The first 3 years we went to The World Hundred it rained it out. They always rescheduled it for a time when I couldn't go back. If not for that my World Hundred count would be 26 as opposed to 23!

racenut
09-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Hey Cardirt Gary, all going fine here....just wish I could get out to more races....

Cardirt0
09-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Hey Cardirt Gary, all going fine here....just wish I could get out to more races....

Have not made a race this year, I be happy if i could make it to 1 race this year,,But made some new friends were i live that helps now.. so you know me, I live with what I have...

TackyTracker
09-09-2016, 04:56 PM
radar shows rain about to cross IL/IN state line so you guys should be good for tonight... HOPE

GEAR_HEAD
09-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Well well well...just like the N/S the clowns on TV called for 3 days of gloom and doom but the weather was fine. Amazingly somebody will still post a "Knoxville Rain" thread tomorrow because they believe every clown on TV that guesses at the weather. Some gullible people never learn.

old fan
09-10-2016, 11:53 PM
Weather Man wrong again