PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Mars Takes $20k Worth of Lernerville Loot; Eyes World 100 this Weekend!

DelphComm
09-07-2016, 09:55 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

September 7, 2016

Jimmy Mars Takes $20k Worth of Lernerville Loot; Eyes World 100 this Weekend!

(MENOMONIE, WISCONSIN) Jimmy Mars, who has enjoyed a myriad of success in recent years during the 'Firecracker 100' weekend at Lernerville Speedway, took more cash out of the Sarver, Pennsylvania facility on September 2-3, as he emerged victorious in the headliner of the track's 'Working Man Weekend!'

On Friday night, Jimmy clicked off the seventh quickest lap in Group B during World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series qualifying prior to moving up to third in one of the $2,500 to win qualifiers to finish behind only winner Josh Richards and runner-up Mike Norris. After drawing the inside of the second row before the start of Saturday's 75-lap main event, Jimmy assumed the point when leader Josh Richards suffered a flat tire late in the distance. The Menomonie, Wisconsin standout then led the final eleven circuits to record the hefty $20,000 windfall ahead of Morgan Bagley, Billy Moyer, Jr., Rick Eckert, and Michael Norris!

Following the big win, the action quickly turned to the famed Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio on Sunday evening, September 4 for the annual running of the 'Baltes Classic.' Jimmy laid down the second fastest lap of the 40 entrants during American Late Model Series (ALMS) time trials and later ran second in his stacked heat race. After rolling off from the inside of the fourth row in the $3,000 to win feature, the popular driver known as the "Iceman" was able to move past a trio of competitors en route to a steady fourth place performance in the 25-lap sprint behind only winner Kent Robinson, Billy Moyer, and Duane Chamberlain. Complete results from the busy Labor Day holiday weekend can be viewed online at www.woolms.com and www.eldoraspeedway.com.

“I feel bad for Josh (Richards) popping that tire, but that stuff happens in racing and I have sure been in that position before,” exclaimed Mars, who sported a brand-new Vic Hill Race Engine underneath the hood of his self-built MB Customs mount. “We had a great piece though and were in position to take advantage of his troubles to pick up the victory. I still had to keep everybody behind me for the last eleven or so laps, so we still had to earn it. I have to thank all of my great sponsors for their continued support, as well as my family and crew, and we will head back to Eldora this weekend to shoot for that globe trophy!”

The biggest and most prestigious event in our industry will take center stage over the upcoming September 8-10 weekend, as Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio will play host to the 46th Annual ‘World 100.’ A full slate of time trials, heat races, last chance races, and $10,000 to win Twin 25s will be on tap on both Thursday and Friday at the “Big E” leading into Saturday’s ‘World 100.’ Six heat races, B-Features, and the 100-lap crown jewel extravaganza are all on the card for Saturday evening and a whopping $49,000 top prize will be up for grabs.

Jimmy has made thirteen career starts in the “Biggest Dirt Race in the World” and his best finish of fifth came back in 2004. He has advanced into the last five ‘World 100s’ and placed ninth in last year’s version of the historic race. Additional information concerning the three-day spectacular at Eldora Speedway this weekend can be accessed by pointing your Internet browser to www.eldoraspeedway.com.

Mars Racing would like to thank all of their supporters including: Deppe Enterprises, T.L. Sinz Plumbing, Keyes Chevytown, Baileigh Industrial, MB Customs, Moore Wireline, Inc., S&S Transport, Inc., Vic Hill Race Engines, Pro Power Racing Engines, Tim’s Automotive Machine, Mid-States Equipment & Hydraulics, Jimmy's Pub, Airgas, Allstar Performance, BSB Manufacturing, Buzz Signs & Graphics, Cecomp Electronics, Champ Pans, CMD Race Shocks, Delph Communications, FK Rod Ends, Hinchman Racewear, Hoosier Racing Tires, Integra Shocks, ISC Racers Tape, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Joe Provo Race Wear, Joe Signs, K-B Carburetors, Keyser Manufacturing, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, R2C Competition Filters, Speedwerx Headers, Sweet Mfg., VP Racing Fuels, Weld Wheels, Wiles Driveshafts, and Wilwood Engineering.

Keep up all year long with all of the latest news and information concerning the Mars Racing team at www.JimmyMarsRacing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com