PDA

View Full Version : UMP Tracks

Cardirt0
09-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Here is what I think .. UMP no longer is good for the tracks it covers.. The Tracks have no say in UMP or Have No ownership in it...Its Time that all the tracks get together and set up a way too set up rules for the tracks.. It CANT NOT have a thing too do with a racing Group..Just the Tracks.. If one of them complains now too them .. They say WE will bar you from ump.. Thats a Killer for them..I know one track that was told if they ran a Lucas race they would Lose there UMP San..So they called Lucas and said Sorry no can do...with out UMP they would have Died...
What do you think on this.......

BTExpress
09-08-2016, 01:58 PM
In my personal opinion......it would be a total disaster if UMP went away. Tracks would make their own individual rules, tire deals, fuel deals, body styles etc. If you lived in the northeast you would see what has happened with the Big Block Modifieds when various tracks broke away from DIRT. It has sent the sport into a tail spin that they probably will never recover from. Under the current situation, if a track rains out, a team can not longer take their car to another nearby track because it doesn't meet the neighboring track's rules, i.e tire, body styles, rules etc. Unfortunately the sport need ONE SUPREME ruler, like it or not to survive.

Cardirt0
09-08-2016, 02:15 PM
In my personal opinion......it would be a total disaster if UMP went away. Tracks would make their own individual rules, tire deals, fuel deals, body styles etc. If you lived in the northeast you would see what has happened with the Big Block Modifieds when various tracks broke away from DIRT. It has sent the sport into a tail spin that they probably will never recover from. Under the current situation, if a track rains out, a team can not longer take their car to another nearby track because it doesn't meet the neighboring track's rules, i.e tire, body styles, rules etc. Unfortunately the sport need ONE SUPREME ruler, like it or not to survive.

Yes too lose UMP would hurt .But what i am saying is they need too set down and make a new one .. Not all tracks run under UMP.. you have IMSA (is that right).. in Iowa
It have too be were they set down and did something that would be there to replace it right off...Then it work..

jetwind
09-08-2016, 02:32 PM
replace the management like sam the bobo

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-08-2016, 02:48 PM

Outside UMP land, we don't have those issues. I think it would be fine.

Cardirt0
09-08-2016, 03:03 PM

So what you are saying is what i am thinking.. UMP Hurts as much as it helps..

plunks7
09-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Yes too lose UMP would hurt .But what i am saying is they need too set down and make a new one .. Not all tracks run under UMP.. you have IMSA (is that right).. in Iowa
It have too be were they set down and did something that would be there to replace it right off...Then it work..

That would be IMCA Cardirt0.

W2Racing09
09-08-2016, 04:05 PM

In some places outside UMP land, in other places it is a free for all. The area UMP encompases is so large that you would have some areas (probably closest to other sanc areas like USRA, Wissota and IMCA) that would be fine, and other areas that would be a total mess with each track promoter thinking he/she has the best ideas. Sanctions are good, whether UMP is the best one or not is up for debate but either way racing needs a higher power than just the track.

Thanks,
Jeff.

blncfn57
09-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Here is what I think .. UMP no longer is good for the tracks it covers.. The Tracks have no say in UMP or Have No ownership in it...Its Time that all the tracks get together and set up a way too set up rules for the tracks.. It CANT NOT have a thing too do with a racing Group..Just the Tracks.. If one of them complains now too them .. They say WE will bar you from ump.. Thats a Killer for them..I know one track that was told if they ran a Lucas race they would Lose there UMP San..So they called Lucas and said Sorry no can do...with out UMP they would have Died...
What do you think on this.......

I know of a weekly UMP track that runs Lucas shows and several other sanction shows during the year, including an IMCA show with the 2 lowest support classes running UMP rules and points the same night. Prolly like anything else, depends who you are.
I'm not too fond of some of the rules UMP has and their lack of enforcement of rules, but I just always figured it was their sandbox and when I signed in I put myself in the position to deal with it.
Part of the problem IMO is that the folks who are well qualified to do what you suggest know the battle and don't want to be a part of it, it's a pretty thankless job.

Good topic for discussion tho

Cardirt0
09-08-2016, 04:28 PM
That would be IMCA Cardirt0.
Being or having dyslexia should have know.. I do S for C all the time...

Cardirt0
09-08-2016, 04:32 PM
I know of a weekly UMP track that runs Lucas shows and several other sanction shows during the year, including an IMCA show with the 2 lowest support classes running UMP rules and points the same night. Prolly like anything else, depends who you are.
I'm not too fond of some of the rules UMP has and their lack of enforcement of rules, but I just always figured it was their sandbox and when I signed in I put myself in the position to deal with it.
Part of the problem IMO is that the folks who are well qualified to do what you suggest know the battle and don't want to be a part of it, it's a pretty thankless job.

Good topic for discussion tho

I though this would be a good one just to a discussion.. thankless is not even close LOL

BTExpress
09-08-2016, 04:53 PM
"Sanctions are good, whether UMP is the best one or not is up for debate but either way racing needs a higher power than just the track."

Jeff, I agree 100%. We know what it is like in the northeast. The promoters are worried only about their own piece of the pie and in the long run it has hurt the overall heath of the sport. You are never going to get owners, drivers or even the fans to agree on everything, so there has to be some sort of compromise between all involved and having a sanctioning body is better than not, in most cases. Most promoters do not know how to police themselves and we have all seen tracks across the country where the promoters ideas were so good,....... the track closed because they lost cars, then fans, then they put a padlock on the joint because they were not making $$$$ and they wondered what the heck happened?????