PDA

View Full Version : Someone running a scam on Joker shirt!

toast
09-09-2016, 04:51 PM
Someone is running a scam by selling Bobby Pierce's Joker shirt on facebook! He sent me a E-mail and told me!!

toast
09-09-2016, 05:02 PM
I should have said fake Joker shirts, my bad!

ptown
09-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Kind of like they stole the joker theme from the movie? Wonder how long before they get their cease and desist letter from DC Comics attorneys.

MI Dirt Fan
09-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Someone is running a scam by selling Bobby Pierce's Joker shirt on facebook! He sent me a E-mail and told me!!

Mmmmhmmmm and I bet you were having lunch with Mike Reece at the time.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Mmmmhmmmm and I bet you were having lunch with Mike Reece at the time.Lol. Very true.

And honestly, unless they have permission from DC Comics or whoever owns the rights, I'd just let it go if it's even true. Because there are copyrights on that stuff.

TheJet-09
09-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Maybe your calling it a scam is actually the real scam, thereby preventing Bobby from selling his shirts and making millions??? Now I'm confused.

But on a reality note, while I like the look of many of the unique themes on some of the wraps, I'm surprised copyright issues are not springing up left and right...especially on the college sports team ones. They like their money from those logos, etc.

NormP
09-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Well in order for that to happen, the teams or DC Comics would have to know about it first, and that's probably not a gigantic concern considering how obscure late model racing is.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Well in order for that to happen, the teams or DC Comics would have to know about it first, and that's probably not a gigantic concern considering how obscure late model racing is.True Norm. But it only takes one person with said organization to see someone making money off their work, to say either stop now, or show me the money.

Wonder
09-09-2016, 06:24 PM
And the scumbag lawyers will want their share.

toast
09-09-2016, 06:28 PM
You should dress up like a tranny Midirtfan, Maybe you could get more than lunch!

Cardirt0
09-09-2016, 06:34 PM

I want too see the release form that DC That said Bobby can use there Likeness on his car.. If they dont have it.. they cant stop some one from using it ether... Only DC can....

MI Dirt Fan
09-09-2016, 06:35 PM
So funny, I forgot to laugh.

Cardirt0
09-09-2016, 06:41 PM
First of all that pic. on Bobbys car is Copy righted .. Witch Means you need too have there Say. if you can use It. Make Money or NOT...

BloomerHarvickFan
09-09-2016, 06:57 PM
It sounds pretty funny to be warning people about a scam perpetrated against a stolen name and picture.
BTW, out of curiosity, I went to Bobby Pierce's website and nowhere that I saw, is he referred to as "The Joker". It lists his nickname as "Smooth Operator" Sad move in my book, painting your car and yourself up like a clown!!!!

Cardirt0
09-09-2016, 07:05 PM
It sounds pretty funny to be warning people about a scam perpetrated against a stolen name and picture.
BTW, out of curiosity, I went to Bobby Pierce's website and nowhere that I saw, is he referred to as "The Joker". It lists his nickname as "Smooth Operator" Sad move in my book, painting your car and yourself up like a clown!!!!

LOL I Guess ..... YOU are what you think you ARE....

Centeroff
09-09-2016, 07:18 PM
It's a hustle! No a scam

dirtdobber45
09-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Someone is running a scam by selling Bobby Pierce's Joker shirt on facebook! He sent me a E-mail and told me!!Really man??? Come on now...

dirtdobber45
09-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Mmmmhmmmm and I bet you were having lunch with Mike Reece at the time.I was thinking that lol

dirtdobber45
09-09-2016, 07:30 PM
It sounds pretty funny to be warning people about a scam perpetrated against a stolen name and picture.BTW, out of curiosity, I went to Bobby Pierce's website and nowhere that I saw, is he referred to as "The Joker". It lists his nickname as "Smooth Operator" Sad move in my book, painting your car and yourself up like a clown!!!!Yea I feel the same way...except when Heath Ledger played the Joker..he was bada$$ lol

toast
09-09-2016, 07:57 PM
With a name like dirtwacker, I would bet you like men in tights!

Centeroff
09-09-2016, 08:41 PM
I ran into toast down at dale JRs house the other night. Lol.. Toast was sweeping floors and jacking dales Buffaloes. He sales the buffalo sperm to Mike Reese to add to his monuments. Lol I'm pretty sure buffalo sperm hardens the concrete super fast right toast?? Lmao

Krooser
09-09-2016, 09:18 PM
I wanted to use the old rock hit "Shakin' All Over" in my radio ads for one of the hot rod shows I ran. The guy who produced the spot wanted a signed release for it's use from ASCAP/BMI. I contacted them and they wanted $2,000.00 PER AIRED COMMERCIAL to use the tune.

So I produced the spot myself on my iMac and used it on the same station that wanted the release from the music God's. The station producer was OK with that since he didn't think they'd come after his ass.

The next year I used a different tune in my spots but I personally asked the songwriter/artist if I could and he gave me the OK... much simpler.

Cardirt0
09-09-2016, 09:32 PM
I wanted to use the old rock hit "Shakin' All Over" in my radio ads for one of the hot rod shows I ran. The guy who produced the spot wanted a signed release for it's use from ASCAP/BMI. I contacted them and they wanted $2,000.00 PER AIRED COMMERCIAL to use the tune.

So I produced the spot myself on my iMac and used it on the same station that wanted the release from the music God's. The station producer was OK with that since he didn't think they'd come after his ass.

The next year I used a different tune in my spots but I personally asked the songwriter/artist if I could and he gave me the OK... much simpler.

My Dad Owned and ran a Radio s for 36 years....And people want you to do a adds and want this song .. OOOoooo not so fast...This was 20 years a go 1/2 the songs back then you had too pay Every time you ran the add... some you could pay one time and run it all you want.. some you did not have too pay at all.. Most the time you use a Pic from a movie,, No matter why,, You Must pay at lease a 1 time fee.. By copyright Law..the owner can wave that fee..If they ask .If they did not ask too use that they are Breaking the LAW.....

Bubstr
09-09-2016, 09:46 PM
They must have sold out of those joker shirts, they where looking for someone to pick up more, going threw Indy.

Cardirt0
09-09-2016, 09:54 PM
they must have sold out of those joker shirts, they where looking for someone to pick up more, going threw indy.

.................................................. ....lol........................................... ..........

MI Dirt Fan
09-09-2016, 10:01 PM
It looks pretty dumb. Not really sure of the message they are trying to send or what they are doing.

Bubstr
09-09-2016, 10:08 PM
What it looks like, they may have been a little humble when they ordered stock for Eldora. Them shirts must be selling like hot cakes today. Everyone must need the memento of Bobby's first world win.

Centeroff
09-09-2016, 10:22 PM
Bobby ain't winning the world. Better chance of toast having coffee over brunch with Mike Reese. Won't be a rr quarter panel on that car in 40 laps

kidrock
09-09-2016, 10:28 PM
I heard the tall cool one tell Bobby remember if the haters are talking about you, you must be doing something right.

Bobby WINS tonight at the big E

old fan
09-09-2016, 10:35 PM
You should dress up like a tranny Midirtfan, Maybe you could get more than lunch!He already does j/k

old fan
09-09-2016, 10:39 PM
To you nay sayers not scratch on Bobby's car I was there and the new tire makes the racing slot better not one blow out either

Bubstr
09-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Centeroff, you better get that Bobby shirt early tomorrow and get it signed, Next week at Knoxville, there will be a very long line. Find it in turn one.

MI Dirt Fan
09-09-2016, 10:52 PM
I have a feeling a few guys will be wiping their cars with them.

Centeroff
09-09-2016, 10:55 PM
I hear you bub

plunks7
09-09-2016, 11:31 PM
I think the JOKER was all on you. He made you all look like the Riddler????? Along with the Lolly pop Kids. We represent the...... This is in reference to the haters.

MI Dirt Fan
09-09-2016, 11:35 PM
Don't mention lolly pop kids when old fag is on here.

Centeroff
09-09-2016, 11:42 PM
A little premature ejaculation on the 32 winning. Has a long day ahead af him tomorrow and some hungry drivers wanting that globe. Realistically I would say 15-20 drivers can win tomorrow and yes the 32 is one of them. He better save his chit early because it's gonna be a long one on a slick racetrack. If he wins I will be surprised but it won't hurt my feelings at all. Like I said... He won't have a rr quarter win, lose, or draw.

toast
09-10-2016, 08:11 AM
Hey centerblow, Everytime bloomer let's a fart, he goes a running with a hard on!

toast
09-10-2016, 08:39 AM
Bloomer said that centerblow was hanging around the trailer and they noticed he wore his underwear backward and always sits on his hands!