PDA

View Full Version : Forced Yellow Flags

ptown
09-11-2016, 03:17 PM
They need to do something about these guys stopping on the track then driving in the pits for a tire.

old fan
09-11-2016, 03:31 PM
you got that right how many times did Lanigan come in

Jeep_55_Wormer
09-11-2016, 03:33 PM
I completely agree. I think they need to have a rule that if you stop to bring out a caution, you must have a flat tire, if not, you aren't allowed to return to the race.

153J
09-11-2016, 03:57 PM
oh, so you want a new tire, and none are flat?
ok
you can go back out at the next caution, dont care how many you are down

Late_Model_Mark
09-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Ditto that, unless the tire is flat or you are broke, that breaks the momentum and flow of the race.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

Centeroff
09-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Normally those yellow flags play a part and make the last few laps exciting but last night was a sleeper. I hate to say say it but I wish a cushion was up there. Pierce would have probably beat them worse but man!! Needed some passing. Worst 100 I've seen in a long time

ClampedUp
09-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Well the Series need to make a rule unless the tire is flat you cannot change them and ONLY the flat tire can be changed. Also no courtesy laps. If your're not finished when the green is ready to fly you'll sit till the next caution if there is one.
If you made the wrong tire choice deal with it or park it....

TRocket8
09-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Normally those yellow flags play a part and make the last few laps exciting but last night was a sleeper. I hate to say say it but I wish a cushion was up there. Pierce would have probably beat them worse but man!! Needed some passing. Worst 100 I've seen in a long time

The winner came from 22th. Second place came from 13th.

edavis71
09-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Ditto that, unless the tire is flat or you are broke, that breaks the momentum and flow of the race.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

Agree Mark!!!

Krooser
09-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Seems Pierce passed 21 cars... and where were all those XR1's in victory lane?

I don't have a dog in the hunt and I couldn't care less who won but I think the guys who build those much heralded Capital/Bloomquist/VC/Disco/Rocket, etc. chassis got schooled last night.

jr29
09-11-2016, 07:59 PM
100% agree. It's bush league. It should not be happening in upper level late model racing.
That is one thing NASCAR gets right. They don't put up with it.
And from what I've heard, you might get shot if you try it at the IMCA Supernationals.

Bubstr
09-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Changing of tires in a 100 lap race has been going on for as long as I can remember. Most of the time, it creates a little excitement from them coming from the rear. I do feel better if they have a flat, but who is to say the wheel wasn't loose or mud packed and feel that way. Stopping on the track is better than thumping someone for a caution. If you take one option away, there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

RiffRaf67
09-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Bumping this up because this is my only complaint from this weekends world 100: Drivers stopping under green to cause a caution to get tires. At least O'Niel did it with some flair and spun himself out, others, T-Mac, just plain stopped.

You shouldnt be able to change one that isnt flat IMO.

Hats off to Bobby who didnt stop for rubber and from my vantage point it sure didnt seem like he "baby-ed" them at all either. Seemed to me his passes were all under green, which is how racing should be.

CIRF
09-12-2016, 02:38 PM
When a driver who is running on the lead lap comes into the work area/pit area for a tire during a yellow flag period and the pace car comes around before the tire change has been made does that driver go a lap down or does he remain on the lead lap?

Obviously the laps run under yellow do not count in late model racing so does the driver restart at the tail end of the cars on the lead lap regardless of how many laps the pace car makes while a car is being tended to?

fryefan
09-12-2016, 09:14 PM
They need to do something about these guys stopping on the track then driving in the pits for a tire.

Agreed. Some series had a rule in the past that you were done if you did this. That rule needs to be re-instated.

old fan
09-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Normally those yellow flags play a part and make the last few laps exciting but last night was a sleeper. I hate to say say it but I wish a cushion was up there. Pierce would have probably beat them worse but man!! Needed some passing. Worst 100 I've seen in a long time WOULD'VE BEEN TEHE BEST IF ZERO YOUR HERO WOULD'VE WON AND I've seen worse 2009 lockdown ,and the year Donnie M lapped the field

old fan
09-12-2016, 10:40 PM
When a driver who is running on the lead lap comes into the work area/pit area for a tire during a yellow flag period and the pace car comes around before the tire change has been made does that driver go a lap down or does he remain on the lead lap?Obviously the laps run under yellow do not count in late model racing so does the driver restart at the tail end of the cars on the lead lap regardless of how many laps the pace car makes while a car is being tended to? go back to your chilli bowl rant these guys were bringing out the yellow for worn out tires