PDA

View Full Version : Pierce Race Cars

BTExpress
09-11-2016, 05:18 PM
I asked this question earlier this season, but will ask again. Does Bobby's win last night help Bob sell more cars next year?

old fan
09-11-2016, 05:26 PM
betcha after last night it will

pierceFAN
09-11-2016, 06:02 PM
It sure doesn't hurt them

TRocket8
09-11-2016, 06:19 PM
When somebody with another last name than Pierce wins, they will sell a lot more.

zeroracing
09-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Yeah, it seems after he does well they sell some, then for whatever reason you see most of them up for sale shortly after... When guys besides Bobby start winning then I think you will see more.

For some reason, many seem to be up for sale shortly after the guy gets it.

kidrock
09-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Because they don't have the tall cool one there to set the car up for them. Makes a huge difference. I wonder if they really want to sell that many. It will take away from what they are doing and that's winning races.

dirtyboy
09-11-2016, 07:13 PM
Because they don't have the tall cool one there to set the car up for them. Makes a huge difference. I wonder if they really want to sell that many. It will take away from what they are doing and that's winning races.

Why be in business then?

Coal Miner
09-11-2016, 07:20 PM
I wan under the impression that they couldn't give them away, I would say what the customer gets is a little bit different than what daddy's baby boy has.

Highside Hustler25
09-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Ryan Unzicker is about the only one I can think of that has stuck with Pierce for more than a year. He races mostly regional stuff and has only a few wins this year. Like someone else said, if someone else besides Bobby starts winning in one, it would sell more cars.

pierceFAN
09-11-2016, 08:01 PM
Speaking of chassis....at the world there were 12 different chassis that started the race...1 Pierce, Barry Wight, Sweet Bloomquist, GRT, MB Customs...2 Victory Circle, Capital, Swartz...3 Club 29, Black Diamond, 6 Rockets, and 7 Longhorns...would have guessed Rockets woulda been the majority

Cardirt0
09-11-2016, 08:11 PM
I wan under the impression that they couldn't give them away, I would say what the customer gets is a little bit different than what daddy's baby boy has.

I would Bet that they are not the same..New a driver that had one he went too the shop an got a pick at his car and he said there were thing on bobbys that was not on his....

pierceFAN
09-11-2016, 08:17 PM
I would Bet that they are not the same..New a driver that had one he went too the shop an got a pick at his car and he said there were thing on bobbys that was not on his....

Sometimes they are testing new things...doesn't mean what they're working on is ready for someone else to try...the cars are the same...you can always buy one of Bobbys...I'm pretty sure every one of them is for sale including the world 100 winning car

weaver1st
09-11-2016, 08:18 PM
Kevin Weaver has been in a Pierce car the last 3 -4 years.

Cardirt0
09-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Speaking of chassis....at the world there were 12 different chassis that started the race...1 Pierce, Barry Wight, Sweet Bloomquist, GRT, MB Customs...2 Victory Circle, Capital, Swartz...3 Club 29, Black Diamond, 6 Rockets, and 7 Longhorns...would have guessed Rockets woulda been the majority

No burm so the Rocket cars No go LOL .....Erb has his 29 Going......Hay love or hate bobby, his dad has that car, As they would say Coked Up...They have a car that Flys with him in it.. he may jump in a 29 or GRT and Fly then he may get in a Longhorn and go no were...Right now they are Coked up...He bends it up and they make a new It may or may not be as good... Time will tell..

Cardirt0
09-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Kevin Weaver has been in a Pierce car the last 3 -4 years.

Hes been doing not to bad with it...But he is staying close too home now. He missed the World this year...Hes Good Guy...

pierceFAN
09-11-2016, 08:27 PM
No burm so the Rocket cars No go LOL .....Erb has his 29 Going......Hay love or hate bobby, his dad has that car, As they would say Coked Up...They have a car that Flys with him in it.. he may jump in a 29 or GRT and Fly then he may get in a Longhorn and go no were...Right now they are Coked up...He bends it up and they make a new It may or may not be as good... Time will tell..

This was painful

Senroc-Systems
09-11-2016, 08:30 PM

Couple corrections... There were 2 Barry Wright cars in the feature. Devin Moran and Wendell Wallace. The Moyer cars are not Victory Circle...they are Victory by Moyer.

Cardirt0
09-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Sometimes they are testing new things...doesn't mean what they're working on is ready for someone else to try...the cars are the same...you can always buy one of Bobbys...I'm pretty sure every one of them is for sale including the world 100 winning car

Go so far as, I was told by someone that use too work there, that things were cut off his car when they were sold...Know 1 driver that Bob told him too put in the 7 hole,and he asked him agen and he said the 7 hole.. and said driver said there only 6 holes...nothing said and then Bob gos O yea the 6 hole....The house car is NOT the Same ...

pierceFAN
09-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Dod had Wallace in a longhorn and is there a difference in victory circle and victory by Moyer ? Curious I had no idea

Cardirt0
09-11-2016, 08:51 PM
This was painful

That makes Me HAPPY....

pierceFAN
09-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Go so far as, I was told by someone that use too work there, that things were cut off his car when they were sold...Know 1 driver that Bob told him too put in the 7 hole,and he asked him agen and he said the 7 hole.. and said driver said there only 6 holes...nothing said and then Bob gos O yea the 6 hole....The house car is NOT the Same ...

I guess you can put it in whatever hole you want 😊

Cardirt0
09-11-2016, 08:54 PM
I guess you can put it in whatever hole you want 

Yea you can, But if the 7 hole is what makes you fast and you did not get one with the car I be mad...

kidrock
09-11-2016, 08:58 PM
like I said I wonder how many they really want to sell. If I was winning not sure I would want others to see what I'm doing.

Coal Miner
09-11-2016, 09:04 PM
It just strikes me as strange, the crown jewel success little Bobby has compared to the other Pierce drivers.

Cardirt0
09-11-2016, 09:06 PM
like I said I wonder how many they really want to sell. If I was winning not sure I would want others to see what I'm doing.
If you make Money racing, You dont need too sell cars...Making cars takes a lot of Time and work...I would make 3 or 4 for friends that dont race were I do, and get feed back to stay on top of the car...

kidrock
09-11-2016, 09:10 PM
It just strikes me as strange, the crown jewel success little Bobby has compared to the other Pierce drivers.

They don't have the tall cool one setting up their cars for them

blncfn57
09-11-2016, 09:12 PM

The same can be said about Richards and Davenport.

I know a guy that bought a rayburn from Moyer years ago and quite a few of the mounting locations were not the same as the rayburn he already owned. I think they all do it to some extent

Coal Miner
09-11-2016, 09:13 PM
True, also a Pierce car that the "tall cool one" cannot help them with, as stated above about the 7hole.

Cardirt0
09-11-2016, 09:14 PM

I think some of the better drivers May be good in this car and Just cant get that other named car too work...Thats why some times you see a driver jump from one too the next too the next.. They looking for that car that Flys for them...They had 2 or 3 guys that were doing real good and they all had a falling out with Bob...Back when I was helping hedrick he could not sell the 2 he got fast enuff.. he hated them....But not to long after that he went off the deep end so who knows...

blncfn57
09-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Couple corrections... There were 2 Barry Wright cars in the feature. Devin Moran and Wendell Wallace. The Moyer cars are not Victory Circle...they are Victory by Moyer.

Dod had Wallace in a longhorn and is there a difference in victory circle and victory by Moyer ? Curious I had no idea

What I seen had Wallace in a black diamond/club 29. Maybe it was a typo

Senroc-Systems
09-11-2016, 09:29 PM
www.victorycircle. com

www.billymoyer. com

Senroc-Systems
09-11-2016, 09:31 PM
What I seen had Wallace in a black diamond/club 29. Maybe it was a typo

www.wendellwallace. com

Senroc-Systems
09-11-2016, 09:34 PM
There is a space before com on those web addy's. Just type them in yourself. Phone wants to separate formal names.

Bubstr
09-11-2016, 09:43 PM
There are so many different kinds of cars winning, do you suppose who drives it and who sets it up, has anything to do with it?

blncfn57
09-11-2016, 09:59 PM
www.wendellwallace. com

Not trying to argue at all, but Dirt on dirt results under racewire show him in a black diamond. If you go to stuckeycars.com they list Wendell having won 3 races in 2016 in a black diamond also. Idk what car he had at the world, just going by what I read.

Krooser
09-11-2016, 11:42 PM
If you have a Pierce and only have six holes you go buy a seventh... how much can a hole cost?

zyoung25
09-11-2016, 11:43 PM
Wallace was in a black diamond.

Highside Hustler25
09-12-2016, 04:42 AM
If you make Money racing, You dont need too sell cars.

Do you really believe the stuff you post???lmao

JCSullivan00
09-12-2016, 06:59 AM
I can sell you guys a device that will put a 7th hole in your Pierce.

Wonder
09-12-2016, 08:33 AM
Why put 7 holes in a bracket when you only use 3 out of the 7 holes?

old fan
09-12-2016, 08:38 AM
have you seen the under carriage of his car

Cardirt0
09-12-2016, 08:55 AM
There are so many different kinds of cars winning, do you suppose who drives it and who sets it up, has anything to do with it?

Someone gets it 1. Good driver 2. Good car 3. Good Pit crew ....The 4 car driver in NASCAR (Pit crew is why we lost race)...Get a 100% out of driver and car means WINS...Good Pit crew helps you get a Good Car....

Cardirt0
09-12-2016, 09:01 AM
Do you really believe the stuff you post???lmao

Yes i do.. Do you post to mine just cause you dont like me.. Thank God the Driver you like is Way cooler then you are...I dont let D!ckweeds get too me ... LOL

Bubstr
09-12-2016, 11:00 AM
One question, are they counting those 7 holes from the bottom up or the top down? Thinking I may have a 8 hole and missing the 1 and 2.

This is exactly why the bought cars don't run like the house cars. The handling characteristics don't come from numbered holes like a paint by number portrait. they come from percentage of Squat or roll center and unless your center of gravity is exactly the same as the house car, the number don't mean JACK. A 6 on one car could be the same as a 7 or 5 on another. These one size fits all chassis set ups are fine for the fresh guy to get a base line but they don't make winners out of all of them. If you want to blame one, blame them all. They try to dumb it down enough to be helpful.

Cardirt0
09-12-2016, 01:03 PM
One question, are they counting those 7 holes from the bottom up or the top down? Thinking I may have a 8 hole and missing the 1 and 2.

This is exactly why the bought cars don't run like the house cars. The handling characteristics don't come from numbered holes like a paint by number portrait. they come from percentage of Squat or roll center and unless your center of gravity is exactly the same as the house car, the number don't mean JACK. A 6 on one car could be the same as a 7 or 5 on another. These one size fits all chassis set ups are fine for the fresh guy to get a base line but they don't make winners out of all of them. If you want to blame one, blame them all. They try to dumb it down enough to be helpful.

And your driver may Like the car with more Coming in to a turn and less coming off a turn.. So the set up on his car would not be the same as Bobby likes his....Thats why there is more then 1 hole.. You make 2 cars the same and put the same set up on both of them, and I bet they drive not the same...BUT i still think there is MORE holes on a HOUSE car...

Josh Bayko
09-12-2016, 03:59 PM

Also, Bob Pierce or Mark Richards or whoever could put the exact same setup that the house car has under a customers car and it still might not be the right setup for said customer.

If you want to be consistently fast, you need to figure out the setups that fit your driving style, not the setups that fit Bobby Pierce or Josh Richards or whoever's driving style.

Wonder
09-12-2016, 07:09 PM
Pierce orders those laser cut brackets by the dozens to get a price break. Its the same bracket on all the cars weather its Bobby's car or not. Most of the time they only use the bottom 3 holes.

Cardirt0
09-12-2016, 07:18 PM
Pierce orders those laser cut brackets by the dozens to get a price break. Its the same bracket on all the cars weather its Bobby's car or not

Bloomer he dont sell to all people He Picks and chooses..Erb said Bloomer gave him a sheet that had set ups to the way he likes too drive .. I just Think Dennis did not like the car...Hes been Looking for a car cents Rayburns Stopped working for him..... And I have spoken too people that says that not true about Bobbys car being the same...I know the people that told me that would not lie too me...

Wonder
09-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Did you used to work there? The brackets are the same but the type of tubing is not........

Cardirt0
09-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Did you used to work there?

I know someone that got 2 cars there and he snapped a pic with his phone of bobbys frame when he was there when they were working on it and they were not the same...I seen the Pic and the cars me got and ...were not the same...He put a Bob set up on it and it DID not turn..he tryed all kind of set ups and they were gone in a mouth,,,

Hovlane
09-12-2016, 07:43 PM
This is a good thread. No name calling or fighting just different opinions on a good subject.. The way it used to be on here.

pierceFAN
09-12-2016, 07:44 PM
This is a good thread. No name calling or fighting just different opinions on a good subject.. The way it used to be on here.

Haha....I was thinking the same thing...miss the days where you could have your own opinion and didn't get bashed for it

Centeroff
09-12-2016, 08:03 PM
As far as the rockets go, I have only seen under a few of the xr1 cars. They all look identical with the exception of a couple different name brand rear ends. I looked under the car of Scott and I couldn't imagine him working at rocket for a living and being Marks brother in law that he would have anything different than Josh. I tell you the xr1 cars didn't like the slick Eldora this weekend

zeroracing
09-12-2016, 08:29 PM
Just so everybody is aware a set of brackets probably runs about $40 total. In a short run the most one should pay would be maybe a one time CAD charge of $100-$150. Laser cutting is not terribly expensive at many shops.