PDA

View Full Version : Huck vs Gray

non driving fool
09-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Anybody got the stats for this year? I saw Gray get lapped in the heat races but Hucky was able to avoid that.

zeroracing
09-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Both were faster than the keyboard drivers that want to bash. Good for them for getting out there and racing, it takes a ton of time money and effort even to be lapped.

So how did you yourself finish?

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Anybody got the stats for this year? I saw Gray get lapped in the heat races but Hucky was able to avoid that.

They were in the same ballpark. It depended on night and event.

ptown
09-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Both were faster than the keyboard drivers that want to bash. Good for them for getting out there and racing, it takes a ton of time money and effort even to be lapped.

So how did you yourself finish?

I agree but I still think it's a mistake for a driver to post on 4m or any message board.

hrmotorsports33
09-12-2016, 02:56 PM
When I saw huck running in the back, I thought to myself, "what the @#&$ is this dude's problem with Gray?" I give them both credit for being there but come on. You're not setting the world ablaze either. Get off grays azz.

a25rjr
09-12-2016, 03:00 PM
They were in the same ballpark. It depended on night and event.

They were both in LEFT field! :)

Josh Bayko
09-12-2016, 03:47 PM
When I saw huck running in the back, I thought to myself, "what the @#&$ is this dude's problem with Gray?" I give them both credit for being there but come on. You're not setting the world ablaze either. Get off grays azz.

Huck's problem with Gray is that Gray thinks he's some kind of dirt racing guru despite being a consistent backmarker. I can't say I disagree with that line of thinking, but Huck could definitely voice that in a more professional manner.

pap
09-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Never agreed with basically anything Huck had to say, but give them both a heck of a lot of credit for making laps around Eldora!!

MEE
09-12-2016, 04:01 PM

What is your point?
If there was only drivers out there that has won a lot of races,how many drivers would we see on the track weekly ???
They all deserve credit and I for one applaud them.
BTW I saw a driver get lapped in his heat that has won a lot of races in his life.
The 8D lapped the 4B in his heat.

Barbecueboy
09-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Huck can say it anyway he wants too, but when he claimed he would qualify to an invert and beat gray by a couple seconds in qualifying( or whatever outlandish predication it was) a few years back........he completely lost me at taking him remotely seriously, at doing anything.

And for what it's worth on Brian, I know lots of teachers and coaches that coach and teach but can't do what they coach and teach all that good.......maybe Brian is one of those guys.

IMO, He is far from clueless as some of you try to make him appear.

Bradley
09-12-2016, 04:42 PM

Who cares, both of them are out on the track doing what they love to do.

plunks7
09-12-2016, 05:19 PM
What is your point?
If there was only drivers out there that has won a lot of races,how many drivers would we see on the track weekly ???
They all deserve credit and I for one applaud them.
BTW I saw a driver get lapped in his heat that has won a lot of races in his life.
The 8D lapped the 4B in his heat.

I seen a guy who is supposedly the best driver ever to some people. :) :) Not make it in, with the same amount of laps as these 2. :) :) I applaud them 2 for racing their. And hope they continue too.

non driving fool
09-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Both were faster than the keyboard drivers that want to bash. Good for them for getting out there and racing, it takes a ton of time money and effort even to be lapped. So how did you yourself finish? Sorry Skippy, I didn't know that you had to be a driver to comment. Oh wait , here's what I really think, I own 4 dirt cars and 1 drag race car and I'm the only one that's drives them. I don't think that should matter to anyone, I finished at the turn 4 fence with a cold beer in hand and I think you're an azzhole. [What is your point? If there was only drivers out there that has won a lot of races,how many drivers would we see on the track weekly ??? They all deserve credit and I for one applaud them. BTW I saw a driver get lapped in his heat that has won a lot of races in his life. The 8D lapped the 4B in his heat. } My point is --this is paid entertainment, I think its great that everyone tried to give us a good show!This is an opinion board and its always fun to see what those two have to say, a lot of people should laugh a little more , its all for fun!

SJA #1
09-12-2016, 06:39 PM
There are good drivers and not so good drivers. There are a lot of not so good drivers that are masked by their really good equipment. When budget racer is out there working hard and doing the best he can, why does it matter if people think he's good or bad? As long as he keeps a good line and doesn't cause a ton of cautions or wrecks. They know that the chances of them winning are slim to none but they give it their all. I respect a guy who does this just for the pure enjoyment. Why poke fun? Poke fun at a driver who drives like an idiot or does something stupid.

old fan
09-12-2016, 06:43 PM
they would be alot better with seat time of course but huck,s car did look better

pierceFAN
09-12-2016, 06:44 PM
I got to tell you guys a story....and I don't want to embarrass this driver so I won't mention his name...I'm not sure he's even on this board....anyway...he raced at crown point and Kankakee and tracks around there...no sponsors...car pushed like hell in every corner...struggled to make the consi if you get my point...well he used to go to Eldora for the world 100...he was kind of a laughing stock...I knew guys in racing that would mock him and joke about him being there...well one Eldora weekend he was done racing for the weekend and as usual he didn't make the show...we were standing around the fire just bullsh!tting and someone said to him jokingly...why do you bother coming here?....here was his reply...I thought it was classic and pertained to this thread....he said...."I know when I pull in I'm not going to make the show"...back then the format was a little different...he then said..."I may not even get to race...but for 2 Laps I get to drive faster than I ever have before"....how can you criticize I guy for that...carry on huck...carry on gray

a25rjr
09-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Huck can say it anyway he wants too, but when he claimed he would qualify to an invert and beat gray by a couple seconds in qualifying( or whatever outlandish predication it was) a few years back........he completely lost me at taking him remotely seriously, at doing anything.

And for what it's worth on Brian, I know lots of teachers and coaches that coach and teach but can't do what they coach and teach all that good.......maybe Brian is one of those guys.

Some of the best drivers aren't that good at making good adj at the track!

Maybe, BG needs to hire Serge to make the calls! lol

Krooser
09-12-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm gonna run the World next year and I'll make Huck and Gray look like Bloomer & JD...

fastford
09-13-2016, 09:18 AM
thats a good one Krooser, he!! i may come up and join you and we will have our own race, lol. AS for huck and gray, we have had disagreements on here before, but i just want you guys to know , you do have my respect for giving it a shot, I wish i was able to...........

blncfn57
09-13-2016, 09:51 AM

Exactly...

Snake X3
09-13-2016, 02:03 PM
I wonder if the people that mock the backmarkers are the same ones that complain about car counts?

a25rjr
09-13-2016, 02:45 PM
I wonder if the people that mock the backmarkers are the same ones that complain about car counts?

I don't think any of us are knocking backmarkers. Last year was a lot of fun watching those 2 go at it. Huckster talked all that noise and couldn't back it up on the racetrack. He definitely had superior equipment but he got outrun by BG.

Those 2 got a lot of mentions last year and this year, based off the antics on here. I sent Rigsby an email and asked him to cover it at last years world. He replied " wont touch it with a 10 ft pole"! But if you noticed they both were mentioned quite a bit.

Essex said Brian "50 shades of" Gray was his favorite racer! lol

Brian Gray
09-13-2016, 10:14 PM
James Essex is my favorite announcer, next to Dustin Jarrett .

Its not too hard to be a favorite "racer" when out of 107 teams that show up there was only 10 or so to pick from! Show me someone who loves racing as much as myself. I don't think there is anyone that cares any more than I do about racing and its future .

TheJet-09
09-14-2016, 02:45 AM
I think John Gill once said you weren't a real racer unless you went to Eldora, so both Brian and Huck have one up on me. I give them both credit for the effort, and as with any race, I'd rather hear there were 107 cars than 105.

Highside Hustler25
09-14-2016, 06:24 AM
Props to both for competing in the biggest dirt late model race on the planet.

Krooser
09-15-2016, 05:21 AM
Go get 'em Brian....