PDA

View Full Version : Eldora Scales

a25rjr
09-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Anyone that was there, think to look for an inspection sticker from the state? Don't really know where they are supposed to post it.

old fan
09-12-2016, 10:02 PM
wouldn't really need one everybody was well over the limit like 150 lbs

a25rjr
09-12-2016, 10:07 PM

You need glasses!

old fan
09-12-2016, 10:12 PM
no afraid not seen it weekend long I was there in in section a or aa I WAS ALL WEEKEND LONG

MI Dirt Fan
09-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Litey you should go back to posting under Calverton. You seemed to be a tick smarter with that handle. Your other 8-9 have wore out their welcome.

blncfn57
09-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Anyone that was there, think to look for an inspection sticker from the state? Don't really know where they are supposed to post it.

I actually called the Ohio dept of agriculture, weights and measures division and spoke to them because I was curious about this because Illinois laws didn't matter when it came to a racetrack scale.
I was told that they DID NOT need to be certified unless the racetrack was buying or selling the car based on it's weight.
They said that the track could request it and pay the fee for certification and they would certify it, but it wasn't necessary. That is just about exactly word for word what I was told by the Illinois office a few years back.
This is not my opinion, so please don't come at me from 10 directions telling me I'm wrong, cuz I'm just repeating what they told me.

dirtdobber45
09-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Litey you should go back to posting under Calverton. You seemed to be a tick smarter with that handle. Your other 8-9 have wore out their welcome.LMFAO LMFAO!!!!! drink spewing thru nose that was funny!!! Calverton is his sober name. One user name for each beer from there on lmao

dirtdobber45
09-12-2016, 10:36 PM
no afraid not seen it weekend long I was there in in section a or aa I WAS ALL WEEKEND LONGSo how are suppose to believe that BS^^^ when you cant remember where you sat at?

old fan
09-12-2016, 10:50 PM
A or aa is right next to each you dumb a@@

MI Dirt Fan
09-12-2016, 10:58 PM
So how are suppose to believe that BS^^^ when you cant remember where you sat at?

He doesn't even like LM. You can't go to Eldora working a parts counter budget. He should know that. He was the one that came up with "you can't race UMP mod working at Burger King" under his $UMP$ handle.

dirtdobber45
09-12-2016, 11:23 PM
A or aa is right next to each you dumb a@@You dumba$$ You cant remember where you sat and cant walking down a sidewalk without falling...what can we believe

plunks7
09-13-2016, 12:53 AM
no afraid not seen it weekend long I was there in in section a or aa I WAS ALL WEEKEND LONG

Would that be A for aisle, Where you sit? And AA for alcohol anomic class? LOL

Been their done that.

Highside Hustler25
09-13-2016, 05:05 AM
I actually called the Ohio dept of agriculture, weights and measures division and spoke to them because I was curious about this because Illinois laws didn't matter when it came to a racetrack scale.
I was told that they DID NOT need to be certified unless the racetrack was buying or selling the car based on it's weight.
They said that the track could request it and pay the fee for certification and they would certify it, but it wasn't necessary. That is just about exactly word for word what I was told by the Illinois office a few years back.
This is not my opinion, so please don't come at me from 10 directions telling me I'm wrong, cuz I'm just repeating what they told me.

Can't speak for Ohio but your findings on Illinois are spot on. I spoke with W&M guy from Il. and he told me...never been to a dirt track. It is not under our jurisdiction. Some folks will still live in denial tho.

old fan
09-13-2016, 06:39 AM
Would that be A for aisle, Where you sit? And AA for alcohol anomic class? LOL Been their done that. I take you never been there but carry on

3 wide
09-13-2016, 06:40 AM
The guy that called the state is right it's actually weight and measures dept they not only do scales but they do measures to mostly at gas station it only applies were you are selling something to the public that is why most drivers weigh at least once to see how the scales weigh compared to there scales.

old fan
09-13-2016, 06:42 AM
You dumba$$ You cant remember where you sat and cant walking down a sidewalk without falling...what can we believe I know actually where I sat Thursday and Friday didn't have the big crowd had friends who sat in in AA I sat in A which you would know is right next to it benn only going there since 1990

a25rjr
09-13-2016, 08:07 AM

They have this new thing called pay per view. DoD showed all the races this weekend, and even showed several cars weight as they went across the scales. They were ALL between 2336 and 2372. Once again, what were you drinking in the AA section!

old fan
09-13-2016, 08:20 AM
cheap azz why would you watch it on pay perview you have to b e there and did you say up till the wee hours Friday hardly I did and by the way you lied if you were at the track you would know the pay per view screen never showed ath the weights all weekend long besides it does n't matter bloomer fan they all knew what to do to make that green light come on unlike bloomer than he blames the track what a sorry excuse of a race team

a25rjr
09-13-2016, 08:31 AM
Probly because its about a 1500 mile one way trip for me. And yes, I stayed up till 2:48 am and watched all the first night.

MotoMatt
09-13-2016, 08:44 AM
Better man than me staying up, I had to hit the hay. The weights I saw on DonD, not all of them, were only 30-50(rounding) over, so I agree from what I saw they were just a few gallons of fuel away from a problem.

Oldfan may be right on some, but he's clearly butthurt about something going on here, chill out bro, you gonna have a heart attack with all that anger in your veins.

blncfn57
09-13-2016, 09:43 AM
Better man than me staying up, I had to hit the hay. The weights I saw on DonD, not all of them, were only 30-50(rounding) over, so I agree from what I saw they were just a few gallons of fuel away from a problem.

Oldfan may be right on some, but he's clearly butthurt about something going on here, chill out bro, you gonna have a heart attack with all that anger in your veins.

There's alot of butthurt going on on this forum. Just like turning on the news.... everything is the enforcers fault, the accused NEVER do any wrong. A little personal responsibility would have prevented all these posts about something that happened back in june and over a year ago.

Barbecueboy
09-13-2016, 10:03 AM
I think some personal responsibility on both sides of the aisle would have gone a long way to preventing the suit.........the suit will do nothing but force both sides to take more ownership of the problems they both created for themselves.

The drivers that cheated( I personally don't think they all did)

The crappy outdated attempts at enforcement( the new rules seem to be more acceptable ) that the series were using.

I'm happy for the sport it's being addressed and improvement ideas are being actively discussed...........

jog49
09-13-2016, 10:07 AM
As for the AA (Alcoholics Anonymous)Section at Eldora, isn't that every seat in the house? LOL!

a25rjr
09-13-2016, 11:42 AM

LOL....4hrs sleep was tough, but I sucked it up and worked anyway!

That's not anger in his veins, that's bourbon, as In Lord Calvert-on! I actually think he makes smarter posts using that name! :)

blncfn57
09-13-2016, 12:33 PM
I think some personal responsibility on both sides of the aisle would have gone a long way to preventing the suit.........the suit will do nothing but force both sides to take more ownership of the problems they both created for themselves.

The drivers that cheated( I personally don't think they all did)

The crappy outdated attempts at enforcement( the new rules seem to be more acceptable ) that the series were using.

I'm happy for the sport it's being addressed and improvement ideas are being actively discussed...........

I won't disagree with you on this because really I'm tired of arguing about it. lol BUT you also have to remember the same crappy outdated system that deemed them illegal in June has also, in the past, deemed them legal many times. So, if it's not a foolproof deal...... have they been legal everytime the same lab said they were? Just another way to look at it.

Clayton_Wetter
09-13-2016, 04:39 PM

Did you weigh in at the scales Litey? to see how much BS weighs??? :)

Clayton_Wetter
09-13-2016, 04:44 PM
cheap azz why would you watch it on pay perview you have to b e there and did you say up till the wee hours Friday hardly I did and by the way you lied if you were at the track you would know the pay per view screen never showed ath the weights all weekend long besides it does n't matter bloomer fan they all knew what to do to make that green light come on unlike bloomer than he blames the track what a sorry excuse of a race team

Careful Litey, The sorry team has taken in more money than ANY other team this summer, and you are never gonna shut the t-shirt trailer down. It was still raking in the most dough even last weekend.

Have a nice day!!!:)

Barbecueboy
09-13-2016, 05:14 PM
I won't disagree with you on this because really I'm tired of arguing about it. lol BUT you also have to remember the same crappy outdated system that deemed them illegal in June has also, in the past, deemed them legal many times. So, if it's not a foolproof deal...... have they been legal everytime the same lab said they were? Just another way to look at it.

Probably not........and either way it's a shtty deal.

To pay someone to do a test for you and you aren't real sure it's 100 % foolproof and accurate is lunacy.

They need to be more sure , one way or the other........and the back room hand shake good old boy politics of racing just doesn't cut it anymore.

I'm thrilled they are doing something different and at the very least ,listening and entertaining new ideas to shore this thing up.

So far, great racing has been the by product.

old fan
09-13-2016, 06:37 PM
careful litey, the sorry team has taken in more money than any other team this summer, and you are never gonna shut the t-shirt trailer down. It was still raking in the most dough even last weekend.have a nice day!!!:) so why was his sorry ass in a modified on the biggest race weekend of the year besides he would 've not been able to catch the 32 if he tried

old fan
09-13-2016, 06:38 PM
i won't disagree with you on this because really i'm tired of arguing about it. Lol but you also have to remember the same crappy outdated system that deemed them illegal in june has also, in the past, deemed them legal many times. So, if it's not a foolproof deal...... Have they been legal everytime the same lab said they were? Just another way to look at it.bloomer is above everyone else you knew that you juice you lose

blncfn57
09-13-2016, 07:12 PM
Probably not........and either way it's a shtty deal.

To pay someone to do a test for you and you aren't real sure it's 100 % foolproof and accurate is lunacy.

They need to be more sure , one way or the other........and the back room hand shake good old boy politics of racing just doesn't cut it anymore.

I'm thrilled they are doing something different and at the very least ,listening and entertaining new ideas to shore this thing up.

So far, great racing has been the by product.

I don't disagree 100%, but I'm a little reluctant to think that making things more bulletproof, so to say, will make it better. Look what the thicker, more defining rulebook has done for NASCAR competition and the cost to compete. The racing just plain sucks and 3-4 owners dominate the series.

Barbecueboy
09-13-2016, 07:30 PM
I don't disagree 100%, but I'm a little reluctant to think that making things more bulletproof, so to say, will make it better. Look what the thicker, more defining rulebook has done for NASCAR competition and the cost to compete. The racing just plain sucks and 3-4 owners dominate the series.

true enough......I just don't see all of us letting it get to that"NASCAR" point.

And by that I mean, with our wallets......and our time.

Southern Ohio Racer
09-13-2016, 08:01 PM
I have never been to a track with it's own scales, that we did not check our cars weight on the track scales before the race. So we knew if the track scales and our scales varied. We have added weight before...taken some out at times. But to me it is on the team to make sure where they stand. Just my 2 cents

old fan
09-13-2016, 08:37 PM
great post great post

blncfn57
09-14-2016, 09:12 AM
true enough......I just don't see all of us letting it get to that"NASCAR" point.

And by that I mean, with our wallets......and our time.

OK, I'll be optimistic and go along with that. So, what do you think the answer is with the tire doping rules and enforcement?

Personally, after months of thinking about it, I think that IF we are going to demand a 100% transparent tire testing process, maybe all the series' should just do what the Lucas series seems to be doing and just turn a blind eye to it. After all, the doping doesn't guarantee a better finish, right?

Barbecueboy
09-14-2016, 09:43 AM
OK, I'll be optimistic and go along with that. So, what do you think the answer is with the tire doping rules and enforcement?

Personally, after months of thinking about it, I think that IF we are going to demand a 100% transparent tire testing process, maybe all the series' should just do what the Lucas series seems to be doing and just turn a blind eye to it. After all, the doping doesn't guarantee a better finish, right?

According to the experts, all of jimmys and Scott's wins are invalid because of doping......so I may have to disagree with you on guarantee of a better finish thingy.

Just look at all the wins those two tire cheaters have amassed.....lol

I have some ideas, but probably better discussed over a cheeseburger and a beer instead of this hornets nest of Internet bad intention.

Clayton_Wetter
09-14-2016, 06:54 PM
so why was his sorry ass in a modified on the biggest race weekend of the year besides he would 've not been able to catch the 32 if he tried

Could well be a personal conflict more than anything else. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.