PDA

View Full Version : Billy Moyer Jr. Finishes 4th in World 100; Knoxville Next

Ben Shelton
09-13-2016, 11:01 AM
For Immediate Release
September 13, 2016

Billy Moyer Jr. Finishes 4th in World 100; Knoxville Next

Batesville, Arkansas (09/13/16) – Billy Moyer Jr. powered his Crop Production Services #21jr Billy Moyer Victory Race Car/ Pro Power Racing Engine Super Late Model to the best finish of his young career in the coveted World 100. The 28-year-old crossed the finish line in the 4th position.

“To finish 4th in the World 100 almost feels like a win,” said Moyer Jr. “There’s nothing like the World 100, so to get a Top 5, I’m just ecstatic. I’ve done well in heats here before at Eldora, but the features I’ve always struggled. I just stayed patient and managed my tires for 100 laps. It all paid off with a really great finish for our team."

Competing in the 46th annual World 100, Billy Moyer Jr. headed to Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) on Thursday night for the UMP DIRTcar, sanctioned program. After recording the 26th-fastest time in a field of 108 Super Late Models, Moyer Jr. stormed to a heat race win, earning him the 8th-starting spot for one of the two opening-night, qualifying features. With $10,000 on the line, Billy crossed the finish line in 11th in the 25-lap affair.

Returning on Saturday for another round of preliminary events, Moyer Jr. edged his way into the feature with a 4th-place finish in his heat. Starting in the 17th position, Billy gained one position in the 25-lap A-Main, logging a 16th place finish.

Closing out the World 100 weekend on Saturday, Billy started the night off with a heat race victory giving him the 4th-starting spot for the $49,000-to-win main event. Battling in the Top 5 finish throughout the 100-lap affair, Billy Moyer Jr. ultimately posted a 4th-place finish behind Bobby Pierce, Dennis Erb Jr., and Dale McDowell with Earl Pearson Jr. finishing 5th.

For full results from the huge weekend, please visit www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

The team now turns its attention to this weekend’s 13th annual Lucas Oil Late Model Knoxville Nationals at the historic Knoxville Raceway (Knoxville, Iowa). Action opens on Thursday and Friday with $7,000-to-win features each night, while Saturday evening will play host to a $40,000-to-win finale. For more information on the event, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Billy Moyer Jr. would like to thank all of his sponsors including Victory Chassis, Crop Production Services, Mesilla Valley Transportation, C&W & Sons Trucking, Dyna-Gro Seed, Car City, Bad Boy Mowers, Jack’s Auto Parts, Karl Performance, Karl Kustom Corvettes, Pro Power Racing Engines, ROCKHARD Powder Coating, Eibach Springs, Sunoco Race Fuels, Rock Batteries, Stracener Brothers Construction, COMP Cams, Imperial Motors, Amsoil, Bert Transmission, New Vision Graphics, Watters Autoland, Performance Rod & Custom, Midwest Sheet Metal, Peterson Fluid Systems, Sweet Mfg., MSD Performance, Wiles Driveshafts, Performance Bodies, Hoosier Tire South by Pup, ISC Racing Tape, Oakley Deatherage Opticians, Frankland Racing Products, Hooker Harness, Kluhsman Racing Components, BSB Manufacturing, Beyea Custom Headers, Sunoco Race Fuels, R2C Competition Filters, Strange Engineering, TWM Products, Scott Performance Wire, AFCO, Design 500, Accu-Force Shock Service, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on the team please visit www.BillyMoyerJr.com .