PDA

View Full Version : Rr wedge

modman1010
09-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Say a guy was on a soft lr stack setup and on like a 300 lb rr spring or so. Do you think the car would need lr or rr wedge in it? Car feels like it's all lr drive in slick on exit with the preload in lr.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Say a guy was on a soft lr stack setup and on like a 300 lb rr spring or so. Do you think the car would need lr or rr wedge in it? Car feels like it's all lr drive in slick on exit with the preload in lr.

Like anything else, depends on the rest of the setup. You have to make it get in the corner, thru the middle, then off the corner. In that order and that is the order of importance.

I mean, a lot of cars would never turn on entry with that combo.

a25rjr
09-13-2016, 08:32 PM
I know a well known driver that used to run 40lbs rr heavy. It would be interesting for someone to try it again.

fastford
09-14-2016, 09:14 AM
we have ran well with right rear heavy in the past on a earlier conventional right front set up, but with today's soft right front with bump stop or 2 stage spring set up, we are running more left rear bite than ever. Like MR said above, depends on rest of set up.....

CCHIEF
09-14-2016, 09:39 AM
We have run rr heavy many times on hooked up tracks..... We run a bunch of rr lower bar angle to get it to turn in. As a note, not on soft RF, 350-375 RF on a Rocket. With your deal,Run enuff bite, lr or rr to get the car to roll up the LR.... and turn in. Is this deal advised buy someone or are you searching?

King1
09-14-2016, 06:37 PM
If you run say 6 to 7" of drop you have to because the car wedges up so hard when the left rear comes down. I know some of those boggs cars scale at 0 and you can lay your foot on the nose and just about bury it.