PDA

View Full Version : EPJ and Dunn Benson Motorsports Wins Preliminary Night; Finishes 5th in World 100!

DelphComm
09-14-2016, 07:24 PM
EPJ and Dunn Benson Motorsports Wins Preliminary Night; Finishes 5th in World 100 at Eldora Speedway

DUNN, NC (September 14th, 2016) – Earl Pearson Jr and the Dunn Benson Motorsports team owned by Carlton and Kemp Lamm traveled to Rossburg, Ohio last weekend and competed in the Three-Day World 100 Crown Jewel Event. With 108 super late models racecars entered for this prestigious event, just making the feature each night would be an accomplishment. In the first nights Twin 25-Lap feature event EPJ would qualify 34th out of 108 cars and win a heat race to start 9th in his respective feature. Earl would fall back as far as 12th at the start of the feature but charged forward to finish a solid 7th place at the checkers of the 25-Lap Feature event.

On the second night of the three-day mega event, Earl would qualify 24th out of 108 cars and again win his heat race to start 9th in the feature event. EPJ would immediately advance through the field and into the top 5 by lap 10. Over the next 15 laps EPJ and four other drivers would put on an exciting battle for the lead until a caution with 2 laps to go would wave. EPJ would start 2nd on the restart and immediately bolted into the lead and pulled away to capture the win and the $10,000 first place prize. EPJ and the Dunn Benson Motorsports Team captured another coveted victory at the famed Eldora Speedway and would be a favorite going into the World 100 main event the next night.

On Saturday EPJ would start 5th in his stacked heat race based on points over the two previous nights. Earl would charge to a solid 3rd place in his heat race to earn the 18th starting position for the World 100 Main Event. With 30 of the toughest competitors in the country starting the 100-lap feature, Earl would have a difficult task advancing through the field. But EPJ immediately found his fast line around Eldora Speedway and was up to 3rd place by lap 45. Earl would maintain in the top 5 over the remaining laps and finished a solid 5th place after the 100 laps completed. Earl would finish behind race winner Bobby Pierce, Dennis Erb, Jr., Dale McDowell, and Billy Moyer, Jr. in the crown jewel event.

Earl was thrilled with the team’s performance at Eldora Speedway. “We had a great car all weekend!!!
To get a win on Friday night and finish 5th after starting 18th in the World 100 out of 108 cars is a testament on how hard my crew has been working. I have to thank Carlton and Kemp Lamm for supporting me and being committed to doing whatever it takes to get our team running well consistently again. I have to thank everyone at Dunn Benson Motorsports including my crew guys John Pfeffer, Chad Capps, Chris McLeod, Mack Hyatt, Jackie Morris, Ralph Peiffer, Wayne Castleberry, Kelly Raynor and Jason Fitzgerald for his help this year. I also want to THANK all our great sponsors that make this all possible, Lucas Oil Racing TV, Lucas Oil Products, MAVTV, Protect The Harvest, Dunn Benson Ford, Carlton Cattle Company, Freeport Recycling Center, Miller Welders, Sunoco Race Fuels, Hoosier Tire, Midwest Sheetmetal, Tiger Rear Ends, Penske Shocks, Eibach Springs, Braille Batteries, Performance Bodies, BERT Transmissions, Bell Helmets, Weld Racing, TWM Race Products, Outerwears, AFCO, FK Rod Ends, Fast Shafts, Butlerbuilt, Beyea Hedders, Hooker Harness, Peterson Fluid Systems, Five Star Shop Service, Wilwood, Sweet Mfg, Allstar Performance, X-Treme Graphics, UniFirst, Campbell Oil Company, Delph Communications, Davis Cabinet Company, Longhorn Chassis, Black Diamond Chassis, and Durham Race Engines”, stated Earl Pearson Jr.

EPJ and Dunn Benson Motorsports would like to Thank Ryan Delph and Delph Communications for hosting and managing the Dunn Benson Motorsports website. For all the latest news, schedule, pictures, sponsors, crew or anything related to Dunn Benson Motorsports and driver Earl Pearson Jr. visit our Team website at www.DunnBensonMotorsports.com. Make sure to visit us on the social media pages and like our Facebook page.

EPJ and the Dunn Benson Motorsports Team will compete in Knoxville, IA this weekend for the Lucas Oil Knoxville Late Model Nationals sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. You can watch the 100-Lap feature event “LIVE” at www.LucasOilRacing.TV this Saturday September 17th. For the latest breaking news about the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, including the 2016 tour schedule, TV schedule, drivers, sponsors and all the information about the series visit the official website at www.lucasdirt.com.

Wayne Castleberry
Marketing/PR
Dunn Benson Motorsports
910-890-0024
Wayne@DunnBensonMotorsports
www.DunnBensonMotorsports.com