PDA

View Full Version : Do big car builders have an advantage over Bloomer when there is a tire rule?

President Clinton
09-17-2016, 07:53 AM
Without regard to cheating tires,,,,,would a big car manufacturer have the edge on Bloomer when a tire rule is implemented? They should have more input due to so many customers have to run on tire rules??? Does this equall more knowledge for them about running on that tire???

old fan
09-17-2016, 08:03 AM
most races that bloomer or any other big guy they run under a tire rule tonight lm 20 lm 40 wrs 55 thank you which is pretty standard

Josh Bayko
09-17-2016, 08:12 AM
Considering Bloomer is still generally fast when there are restrictive tire rules, I'd say no.

george w
09-17-2016, 12:23 PM
I would consider bloomer a big car builder .... i know he hasnt let loose of this car with randy sweet like he has years ago but i think he test as much as anyone if not more. But i see no disadvantages to him more or less then the other ones i honestly dont think say rocket values information from other people as much as they would there own, this is not a knock on rocket but generally speaking people go the big chassis builders to get there data not the other way around..... now if some guy comes outta nowhere lights things up regionally an hits on somethen do i think they slap that setup on in hotlaps or test it when there schedule allows .... sure they will at some point.

RoundNrOUND
09-17-2016, 12:42 PM
Not all, but most advantages in racing are for sale.

Krooser
09-17-2016, 09:48 PM
Bloomquist has run every track (almost) under every tire rule (almost) under every possible track condition... and won. That's a huge advantage no matter what chassis he runs.

old fan
09-18-2016, 08:06 AM
he hasn't been to macon's clone

Stede Bonnet
09-18-2016, 03:43 PM
Without regard to cheating tires,,,,,would a big car manufacturer have the edge on Bloomer when a tire rule is implemented? They should have more input due to so many customers have to run on tire rules??? Does this equall more knowledge for them about running on that tire???
Bloomer knows "his" cars very well, he's been racing many years and I see no reason that a big builder would have the advantage because of a tire rule, especially since you can't do anything to them(grooving, sipping, needling, etc). Whats most important is knowing how the tires react to the car you are driving, not how it effects some other brand that you arent.