PDA

View Full Version : knoxville payout

Mud
09-18-2016, 11:01 AM
Anyone know where to find the knoxville purse payout first to last? I can't seem to find anything on their website.

a25rjr
09-18-2016, 12:58 PM
Anyone know where to find the knoxville purse payout first to last? I can't seem to find anything on their website.

Lucas Oil always posts it on the race recap:

http://lucasdirt.com/home/119-results/1773-mike-marlar-magnificent-wins-lucas-oil-late-model-knoxville-nationals

fryefan
09-19-2016, 08:58 PM
Here you go:

https://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Event/late-model-nationals

Highside Hustler25
09-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Through out the field, best paying race of the year.

fryefan
09-19-2016, 09:42 PM
Here is their pay scale for the Knoxville Nationals (sprints):

https://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Event/Knoxville-Nationals

plunks7
09-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Here is their pay scale for the Knoxville Nationals (sprints):

https://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Event/Knoxville-Nationals

Who cares its sprints!!! Post it on sprint page.

vande077
09-20-2016, 07:42 AM
Who cares its sprints!!! Post it on sprint page.

I think he was trying to convey what the possibilities are for this event. As the fan base continues to grow for the event, the purse will increase as well and could one day be the same as the Sprint Nationals.

I don't think he meant it as anything degrading to Late Models, just that this event has the potential to have a purse like the Sprint Nationals in time.

CLEM
09-20-2016, 08:40 AM
Through out the field, best paying race of the year.

Actually (and not to start another Knoxville vs Eldora thread) but the Dream and World 100 both have better payouts. There was a post on facebook about this very thing a while back and I dont remember the exact specifics but it wasn't really close either. They had better payouts at every position except like 2 individual spots across all 3 nights.

vande077
09-20-2016, 09:03 AM
Actually (and not to start another Knoxville vs Eldora thread) but the Dream and World 100 both have better payouts. There was a post on facebook about this very thing a while back and I dont remember the exact specifics but it wasn't really close either. They had better payouts at every position except like 2 individual spots across all 3 nights.

And they should, they are the 2 biggest events of the year (argueably, some would put DTWC in the top 2 I think) for Late Models. They should have the 2 best payouts shouldn't they?

Bubstr
09-20-2016, 09:25 AM
I think he was trying to convey what the possibilities are for this event. As the fan base continues to grow for the event, the purse will increase as well and could one day be the same as the Sprint Nationals.

I don't think he meant it as anything degrading to Late Models, just that this event has the potential to have a purse like the Sprint Nationals in time.

True, I had a light conversation with Ralph Cappitoni a few years ago and he said the sky is the limit for the LMs The more the house fills out, the more the pay out. It's good for Knoxville, it's good for the Late Model guys. He has retired since then, but it was a policy that worked for the Marrion county fair board for a lot of years.

CLEM
09-20-2016, 09:29 AM
And they should, they are the 2 biggest events of the year (argueably, some would put DTWC in the top 2 I think) for Late Models. They should have the 2 best payouts shouldn't they?

Absolutely, no question. Not arguing that. They get the biggest crowds, the most cars, and should without a doubt be paying the most.

I didn't mean for my first comment to be a knock on Knoxville's purse if thats what you thought. Was just stating to the other guy about the better payouts.

vande077
09-20-2016, 12:40 PM
Absolutely, no question. Not arguing that. They get the biggest crowds, the most cars, and should without a doubt be paying the most.

I didn't mean for my first comment to be a knock on Knoxville's purse if thats what you thought. Was just stating to the other guy about the better payouts.

no, didn't take it that way. Sadly, until the last couple of years those 2 races haven't had the best payout in Late Model Racing (Through the field anyway). Glad that they have upped the purses since they went to their new format a couple years ago.

fryefan
09-20-2016, 11:47 PM

You are correct.

plunks7
09-20-2016, 11:58 PM
My apologies fryfan!