PDA

View Full Version : Throttle push

rollijm
09-28-2016, 08:03 AM
08 GRT crate car ..oil shocks ... seem to have throttle push? maybe it's me... still new to late model world.... it's my second year of driving... any help?

junebug
09-28-2016, 09:52 AM
Does the car pop up on rf right before u get on the gas??? A lot of times if u don't have enough rf rebound it'll cause a throttle push

Matt49
09-28-2016, 09:56 AM
Need a lot more information on your setup to help diagnose any problem.
But with a baseline setup, most of these cars will push from the center off if you don't drive it in hard enough. Especially if you're under powered like with a crate motor.
Scale numbers?
Ballast positions?
Springs?
Bar positions?

rollijm
09-28-2016, 10:19 AM
yea we did have a large amount of rebound on the rf. we had another shock gave to use while he took some out of the original shock but now I want to say it doesn't have enough.. It seems to not want to hold the front-end down enough down the straight away. we hope to get the original back this week with more but not as much as the original

rollijm
09-28-2016, 10:34 AM
we run all the bars on the standard hole but the LR lower we go up a hole. usually drop the right side as the track slicks off. we like to run about 60-70 pounds of bite cross 49% left 54.1% rear 53.4% ... LF 500 RF390 LR 225 RR 225 5th coil 300 with a traction shock on the LRwe will run the 390rf on the high banked fast track then when we go to a less banked slick track we run a 325 on the RF

CCHIEF
09-28-2016, 07:41 PM
Lower the LR upper @ the frame , or raise the LR lower another hole.... if you have one. I don't know what is a normal range of drop on a GRT, but make sure your in lower range...not over ...or under. or-Try the RF 325-350... on the fast track. Can you remove weight from the left side? Or move battery to right side?

rollijm
09-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Battery is already on the right side. I know with the 320 the RF the frame an lower control arm would get into the track.

grt74
09-28-2016, 10:22 PM
is this with hard tires??? try picking up the lr bottom bar a hole,or run more toe out if your on hard tires,it will cause scrub and build heat in the front tires

junebug
09-29-2016, 12:10 AM
When u had a bunch of rebound in rf before was the push any better or worse...also could look at jbar height/angle and sometimes u can even stiffen lf spring and it will slow the hike up of the lf and help keep car from getting right on throttle

rollijm
09-29-2016, 06:35 AM
Open tires on the front and 1600's on the rear.. we just set the front end last night an had 3/4 of an inch toe-out

rollijm
09-29-2016, 06:42 AM
It was better with the rebound on the rf.. I just think it was way to much. When they guy tried to dyno it just to see where it was at. The dyno went off scale an wouldn't read a number it pegged his dyno out. We have played with the j bar to try an get more side bite / trying to scotch the car up.. I think alot of it is just need more seat time. We had a guy that was going to sale use a set of ohlins double adjustable shocks we ran them two night he said the car drove so much better with those... then the guy backed out on us so we had to out the afco oil shocks back on the car.. I'm sure that probably has alot to do with it