PDA

View Full Version : Madden to team with Dunn Benson Motorsports

toast
09-28-2016, 09:43 AM
EPJ will have a team mate at Fayetteville Motor Speedway Thursday and Friday nights!

BTExpress
09-28-2016, 09:45 AM
Hmmmmm????

dirtdobber45
09-28-2016, 11:20 AM
Why just two races?

GRT24
09-28-2016, 11:34 AM
Has to be more to it than just 2 races. Madden has his car dialed in. Why would get into someone else's for two races when his is on a rail. Won 24 grand this past weekend.

toast
09-28-2016, 12:15 PM
I agree GRT, When your in the groove, Don't touch nothing! There must be more to come from this deal, Maybe Madden is looking at long terms!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-28-2016, 12:36 PM
Why just two races?

So dummies like you to ask questions.

MI Dirt Fan
09-28-2016, 12:49 PM
Couldn't Madden run top 5 in WoO and Lucas with what he has but maybe not be able to run a entire tour schedule.

weatherman85
09-28-2016, 01:07 PM
While Dunn Benson isn't hurting for money, it would be REALLY expensive to run two cars for a whole season. Clint Boyer Racing is the only team that quickly comes to my mind that does it and we see how successful they are. I think Madden likes being totally in control from top to bottom which he has a great deal of with his own team. I'm sure the Crowders might have a little say in the team operations but overall it's Madden. He's said in past interviews he tries his best to run his operation as a business. Jumping in this car for two races wouldn't do anything but save his own equipment and costs. No telling what kind of deal they have for this. Might just be doing it to get some ideas from Madden in exchange for letting him keep some of the purse or something. Heard people close to Madden say he likes staying pretty much in the region as he's a family man.

W2Racing09
09-28-2016, 01:18 PM
Couldn't Madden run top 5 in WoO and Lucas with what he has but maybe not be able to run a entire tour schedule.

I think Madden would be a HUGE threat to win the championship on either series. At this point I would say Madden probably would have given Bloomquist more of a run than Davenport had, and certainly he would have won more races and kept the points very close in the WoO with Richards as well. To me, Madden is the best driver not running a series. I think Pierce is a close second, but Madden to me is #1 (and probably the #3 or #4 driver in the country in my mind).

Thanks,
Jeff.

jensenracing18
09-28-2016, 01:26 PM
I don't think this is anything long term, Chris just picked up a nice new hauler yesterday I don't see anyone making that kind of investment knowing a deal might be in the works? maybe not but I wouldn't think so.. EPJ and Chris have been sharing a lot of info back and forth with the new longhorns is there a better way to get even more info than to throw someone in the car that has his on a rail, also Dunn Benson is the sponsor for the weekend what better way to maximize exposure than putting another car on the track with a chance to win

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-28-2016, 02:07 PM
Is t hicks still helping madden?

AndyB
09-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Its D-B's home town race and they want a chance to win it and didn't feel EPJ could do it obviously

Barbecueboy
09-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Its D-B's home town race and they want a chance to win it and didn't feel EPJ could do it obviously

It's not even close to being that obvious......

dirtdobber45
09-28-2016, 07:31 PM
Is t hicks still helping madden?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So dummies like you to ask questions.And you were saying?

dirtdobber45
09-28-2016, 07:33 PM
I don't think this is anything long term, Chris just picked up a nice new hauler yesterday I don't see anyone making that kind of investment knowing a deal might be in the works? maybe not but I wouldn't think so.. EPJ and Chris have been sharing a lot of info back and forth with the new longhorns is there a better way to get even more info than to throw someone in the car that has his on a rail, also Dunn Benson is the sponsor for the weekend what better way to maximize exposure than putting another car on the track with a chance to winDid he buy it or did D-B buy it for his future use?

dirtdobber45
09-28-2016, 07:34 PM
Maybe Madden made a deal to help EPJ on tech by racing one of theres?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Maybe Madden made a deal to help EPJ on tech by racing one of theres?

The way his car is hot right now i would put a db wrap on it and race it.

a25rjr
09-28-2016, 08:28 PM
The way his car is hot right now i would put a db wrap on it and race it.

You would if you were getting paid well for it!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-28-2016, 08:32 PM
You would if you were getting paid well for it!

Hey 25 do u know if hicks is still helpn madden? Last i seen hes been w him and i havent checked any victory photos of maddens lately

a25rjr
09-28-2016, 09:02 PM
Hey 25 do u know if hicks is still helpn madden? Last i seen hes been w him and i havent checked any victory photos of maddens lately

I don't really know......I saw him a while back with madden but I haven't really looked for him either.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-29-2016, 04:40 AM
I remember when Westfall got a teammate...

zyoung25
09-29-2016, 05:14 AM
I haven't seen Tommy with Madden for awhile now.

B_K
09-29-2016, 06:03 AM
I remember when Westfall got a teammate...

Yeah, the teammate has been a death nail for more than one guy.

I don't think Madden goes to Fayetteville much. Here's a chance to go to a place with no monetary risk and make some $$$. Maybe it's just that simple.

jensenracing18
09-29-2016, 06:23 AM
good question... the post on Facebook just said "very exciting day for Chris he was able to pickup his brand new hauler today" which led me to believe he purchased it, it also is black which doesn't really go with DB's color scheme but never know I guess
Did he buy it or did D-B buy it for his future use?

zyoung25
09-29-2016, 07:35 AM
good question... the post on Facebook just said "very exciting day for Chris he was able to pickup his brand new hauler today" which led me to believe he purchased it, it also is black which doesn't really go with DB's color scheme but never know I guess

The hauler that they have now is black, but been wrapped with the lucas look. It was Lanigans old hauler from last year.

Epj is not going anywhere fellas. Just a fling for a few races is all.

ready2rd
09-29-2016, 07:45 AM
Tell um zyoung that boy right here knows his racing he is the jayski of dirt.

Highside Hustler25
09-29-2016, 07:57 AM

Has Madden ever won anything north of the Mason Dixon line? Anytime a National tour is mentioned in the Madden camp is when he's toward the top after Florida Speedweeks and the early races down south. Once the tour heads north, he slips off into the sunset.

This weekend is a no brainer teaming up with DB. 2 tracks he does well at.

nuff said
09-29-2016, 08:11 AM
Here we go again

weatherman85
09-29-2016, 08:32 AM
Has Madden ever won anything north of the Mason Dixon line? Anytime a National tour is mentioned in the Madden camp is when he's toward the top after Florida Speedweeks and the early races down south. Once the tour heads north, he slips off into the sunset.

Chris will only be in the DB ride Friday night at Fayetteville. He'll be back in his own stuff at Dixie and Rome.

The only time he ever really heads north of the Mason Dixon line is for Eldora which is one of his favorite tracks. He's never won but has run good and been a threat. He ran at Atomic for the $50,000 to win race earlier this year and finished 4th. Money wise, his biggest wins that I could find were a couple of $25,000 to win races. One was the commonwealth 100 at Virginia Motor speedway and the other was at Ponderosa. It was a SN bonus sanctioned race. Other than the dream and world 100s he pretty much sticks to being a regional racer. Not sure if it's a lack of funds to travel on a national tour or dislike of traveling. Personally I think if he wanted to go touring he could get the funding if needed. I just think he likes to stay somewhat close to home and rack up all the wins he can. Winning as much as he does without the travel budget that comes with touring nationally probably looks pretty good at the end of the year.

fastford
09-29-2016, 08:38 AM

i guess the same thing could be asked about drivers from up north, what have they won below the mason dixon ?

Highside Hustler25
09-29-2016, 09:08 AM
i guess the same thing could be asked about drivers from up north, what have they won below the mason dixon ?

Pierce and Shirley won a couple big ones this year

B_K
09-29-2016, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure anyone I know considers Florence to be a southern track.....

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-29-2016, 10:25 AM
I haven't seen Tommy with Madden for awhile now.

Ok thanks I was just courious as to whether he was helping him or not.

jog49
09-29-2016, 11:42 AM
This probably has something to do with chassis setup. Madden is one of the best and actually set up new chassis sales for Barry Wright at one time (if I understand correctly). He's not in love with Fayetteville but is going as a business opportunity, I would think.

Barbecueboy
09-29-2016, 11:46 AM
And like someone else said.......it doesn't hurt for Big C to have two rolling billboards hauling the mail around a track that's right down the road from their operation.

Fantastic play IMO.........with possible longer term collaborative implications.

fastford
09-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Pierce and Shirley won a couple big ones this year

WHO???? just joking HH, your rite though....

Highside Hustler25
09-29-2016, 12:44 PM

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/slavery/slave-maps/mason-dixon-line.htm

dirtdobber45
09-29-2016, 06:25 PM
Pierce and Shirley won a couple big ones this yearWhere in the south besides Fayetteville did Shirley win at? And he actually was given that W because of a DQ.

dirtdobber45
09-29-2016, 06:27 PM
The hauler that they have now is black, but been wrapped with the lucas look. It was Lanigans old hauler from last year. Epj is not going anywhere fellas. Just a fling for a few races is all.
good question... the post on Facebook just said "very exciting day for Chris he was able to pickup his brand new hauler today" which led me to believe he purchased it, it also is black which doesn't really go with DB's color scheme but never know I guessI was just curious

a25rjr
09-29-2016, 06:30 PM
And like someone else said.......it doesn't hurt for Big C to have two rolling billboards hauling the mail around a track that's right down the road from their operation.

Fantastic play IMO.........with possible longer term collaborative implications.

Yep......Big C might be onto something!

zyoung25
09-29-2016, 06:41 PM

Eckert, Zeigler, Moran, and Erb have all won races below that line this year. Let's not start a north vs south fight here. Any one of these guys can win anywhere, including Madden.

fastford
09-29-2016, 09:49 PM
not trying to start anything, he!!, this old red neck got a bunch of yankee buddies...

Waldo
10-01-2016, 02:12 PM
The South will rise again.

Centeroff
10-01-2016, 03:02 PM
If Chris would make a move to a full time/series racer?? I guarantee he is a threat and can run top 5 in any points series in the country. He is very smooth and will search for the fastest line top or bottom. I watched him win a race at Wythe a few years back and he found a line that I had never seen ran. If you have ever been to wythe you know that 1-2 is a very long corner. Chris drove in straight and almost stopped, turned the car to the bottom and straight up off the corner. Once he found that line, he lapped up to 5th or 6th and you won't see that much at Wythe. The man is a racecar driver

Centeroff
10-01-2016, 11:27 PM
I didn't see any Dunn Benson on the side of the 44 tonight at Dixie. Was it just a one race deal for Fayetteville?

cutman
10-02-2016, 05:44 AM
I didn't see any Dunn Benson on the side of the 44 tonight at Dixie. Was it just a one race deal for Fayetteville?

Yes, it's Dunn/Benson's home track. They want to show off their sponsorship at their home track. People are trying to make too much out of nothing, shocker

zyoung25
10-02-2016, 12:16 PM
From what I heard, there will be another race for this deal.

NormP
10-02-2016, 05:36 PM

Well since the question was about the Mason Dixon line, and Kentucky is south of the Mason Dixon line, and anything south of the Mason Dixon line is almost always considered the south......

that would pretty much make it a southern track.

Highside Hustler25
10-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Well since the question was about the Mason Dixon line, and Kentucky is south of the Mason Dixon line, and anything south of the Mason Dixon line is almost always considered the south......

Thanks Norm:)

B_K
10-02-2016, 11:50 PM
The track is in Kentucky so yes simpletons it is south of the Mason Dixon line. By at least 5 or 10 miles.

Thanks for Geography 101.

a25rjr
10-03-2016, 08:29 AM
The track is in Kentucky so yes simpletons it is south of the Mason Dixon line. By at least 5 or 10 miles.

Thanks for Geography 101.

Hey....Yankees....The Civil War is over. Quit trying to steal a little of our paradise! :)

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Hey....Yankees....The Civil War is over. Quit trying to steal a little of our paradise! :)

Kentucky was neutral.

weatherman85
10-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Dunn-Benson might really want to extend this deal if possible as EPJ really seems to be struggling. 17th at Dixie and Rome. Wouldn't have made the show at Rome if it wasn't for a Provisional. They could use all the help and input that they can get.

zyoung25
10-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Dunn-Benson might really want to extend this deal if possible as EPJ really seems to be struggling. 17th at Dixie and Rome. Wouldn't have made the show at Rome if it wasn't for a Provisional. They could use all the help and input that they can get.

They aren't going to get rid of Earl. He's what keeps lucas oil on the car. Earl and Mr Lucas are tight believe it or not.

weatherman85
10-03-2016, 10:35 AM
They aren't going to get rid of Earl. He's what keeps lucas oil on the car. Earl and Mr Lucas are tight believe it or not.

Oh yeah I know. I wasn't suggesting replacing Earl with Madden as I don't believe Madde would go for it. I was suggesting getting Madden's input on helping getting the car set up right.

Josh Bayko
10-03-2016, 12:10 PM

I don't know. Tyler County, Hagerstown, Winchester, and Potomac are all south of Mason Dixon and I don't know anybody who calls any of those tracks southern tracks. They're usually referred to as Mid-Atlantic or Ohio Valley (in Tyler County's case).

B_K
10-03-2016, 04:12 PM
I don't know. Tyler County, Hagerstown, Winchester, and Potomac are all south of Mason Dixon and I don't know anybody who calls any of those tracks southern tracks. They're usually referred to as Mid-Atlantic or Ohio Valley (in Tyler County's case).

This is no place for thought and common sense. The line has spoken. That is until they need Florence or some other fringe track to fit a narrative and then all bets are off.