PDA

View Full Version : R/f travel

RCJ
09-28-2016, 03:55 PM
we are getting close to 5'' of travel on the r/f and seeing where the lower a arm mounts are dragging the ground.I can get different spindles, balljoints,raise the ride height etc.. and get more travel but is there any advantages to more travel?

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-28-2016, 06:35 PM
we are getting close to 5'' of travel on the r/f and seeing where the lower a arm mounts are dragging the ground.I can get different spindles, balljoints,raise the ride height etc.. and get more travel but is there any advantages to more travel?

I don't think you need any more than that.

CCHIEF
09-28-2016, 07:46 PM
Put heavier spring or a bump stop on it. Frames are terrible for traction compared to a tire!

DEKconsulting
09-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Yea I don't think u need more travel or more clearance 5 inches is alot. Sounds like u need a stiffer spring or get done side bite out of it so it aint rollin so hard to the right front

RacerX10
09-29-2016, 09:05 AM
Put heavier spring or a bump stop on it. Frames are terrible for traction compared to a tire!

Actually, a frame is probably great for traction, but not so good for steering or forward motion.

DEKconsulting
10-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Bottomin the frame out has no good or great thing about it if u are bottoming the frame out ur prolly not goin under the checkered flag first maybe 3 to 4 yrs ago but not today