PDA

View Full Version : Car Cover

drtracer27
09-28-2016, 08:49 PM
Anybody have any experience with car covers and open trailers? Rainy days are the only time that I don't like my open trailer. Thanks

TheJet-09
09-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Assuming you mean to use while going down the road, you'll probably end up tearing apart whatever style/make of cover you use. Even with a box on the front of the trailer to stop some of the air I think there's still too much pressure/resistance built up around the car that it'll find a way to destroy most any cover. I have used a heavy canvas tarp strapped down (ratchet tie downs, not bungee cords) with moderate success, but it depends on distance and speed traveled, etc. I think if the tarp's wet enough (rain) it actually helps hold it down. Of the 18 or so years I've raced, this is the first year I've had an enclosed trailer...you just can't beat it.

A ron
09-29-2016, 12:30 PM
My advice is save your money unless you just buy a tarp. My wife bought me one of the all star covers for Christmas. If it was up to me I would've spent that $140 on something else. It's nice but still not strong enough to stay together going down the highway. Plus its heavy and bulky and takes up a ton of space.

drtracer27
10-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Thanks guys that's pretty much what I figured. There were two street stock drivers from my area that had custom covers made many years ago that they used to cover the car on an open trailer and figured somebody would know of a company making some.