PDA

View Full Version : Mark Richards

BTExpress
09-30-2016, 09:22 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question. Was Mark ever a driver or has he always just been a DLM car builder?

chupp n bloomer fan
09-30-2016, 10:46 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question. Was Mark ever a driver or has he always just been a DLM car builder?Builder, worked with Rodney Combs at WRC I think it was. Then Bullet chassis, then his own with Steve Baker. And Steve is a driver and the people person.

bleedblue55
09-30-2016, 11:01 AM
I remember him driving a car from his shop and across the road to Interstate Raceway probably in the late 80's. I was on a friends semi late crew then and he raced against us most weeks. Pretty much a season long test session for him. One man band as he raced, wrenched, and learned his craft while still being helpful towards all the competitors. One thing I've never questioned from then until now is his work ethic. He may have driven other places but I definitely recall his Interstate days.

bleedblue55
09-30-2016, 11:12 AM
Builder, worked with Rodney Combs at WRC I think it was. Then Bullet chassis, then his own with Steve Baker. And Steve is a driver and the people person.
WRC was Wilson (Frank Sr.) Richards (Mark and his Uncle Roger) and Combs (Rodney).

hanginitout
09-30-2016, 02:19 PM
I believe the car was owned or sponsored by Chuck Phillips