PDA

View Full Version : Brownstown

Hoosier_Dirt
10-01-2016, 08:59 PM
In yet another flip, Steve Barnett took a nasty roll in his heat race.

DirtRacer317
10-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Hope Steve is ok. Who won the Crate & Super's?

wolter11racing
10-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Hudson O'neal won the super feature

TheJet-09
10-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Steve's not a kid anymore. Hope he's okay. Congrats to O'Neal. One of the toughest tracks around.

spas
10-02-2016, 12:53 AM
Mahoney was leading by a half lap when caution came out. O'Neal took him out on restart to beat him

Centeroff
10-02-2016, 01:21 AM
Does Hudson drive his dad's old stuff or does he drive for a different owner? The kids that grew up around the tracks and more importantly have a dad who was a major player in the game always seem to get opportunities that a regular Joe won't get. Look at Devin, or Bobby though, they got the opportunity and can really wheel a racecar. I think Hudson will be a major player before long. I know he won several crate races but a team owner will invest in a last name because they know that their old man will always help and will give those valuable pointers that help win races. I heard Hudson in a DOD interview say his dad always tell him to keep the car straight and don't buzz the tires. Hidson seems to have his head on straight and I think the kiddo is gonna be just fine! Back in the 80s-90s you never seen these teenagers run up front. The veterans back then made them earn it and wouldn't show much respect to the young guns, a pecking order so to speak. Totally different now. How the times have changed lol

old fan
10-02-2016, 04:09 AM
Yep the kids also have video games to practice

Hoosier_Dirt
10-02-2016, 07:16 AM
I've been the last 2 weekends and seen about 10 flips @ Brownstown between mini sprints, modifieds, and late models. Seems some reconfiguring may need to be done. The lip/banking to me needs cut down some.

dirtmiester
10-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Where's Clayton?

old fan
10-02-2016, 08:45 AM
probably died of a heartattack when I told him how great the track was at the big E

Hoosier_Dirt
10-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Back to the subject, hoping for a speedy recovery for Steve Barnett

cutman
10-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Mahoney was leading by a half lap when caution came out. O'Neal took him out on restart to beat him

Looked like Mahoney took himself out with not having patience. And I'm a Mahoney fan

dirtdobber45
10-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Congrats to Hudson and his crew. Hope Steve is ok heard something about he broke his back not sure how true.

dirtdobber45
10-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Is Mahoney and Alex Bowman team mates? Their cars look similar.

Andrews42FAN
10-02-2016, 10:56 AM

ONeil completely cleared Mahoney out of 2 and instead of coinciding the spot it was Mahoney that drove into the ass end of ONeil which then resulted in him getting crossed up and eventually being run over in 3 and spinning out.

Watched it twice on DoD - ONeil cleared him.

cutman
10-02-2016, 11:09 AM
ONeil completely cleared Mahoney out of 2 and instead of coinciding the spot it was Mahoney that drove into the ass end of ONeil which then resulted in him getting crossed up and eventually being run over in 3 and spinning out.

Same thing I saw

cutman
10-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Is Mahoney and Alex Bowman team mates? Their cars look similar.

Yes, both are Bowman cars

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Does Hudson drive his dad's old stuff or does he drive for a different owner? The kids that grew up around the tracks and more importantly have a dad who was a major player in the game always seem to get opportunities that a regular Joe won't get. Look at Devin, or Bobby though, they got the opportunity and can really wheel a racecar. I think Hudson will be a major player before long. I know he won several crate races but a team owner will invest in a last name because they know that their old man will always help and will give those valuable pointers that help win races. I heard Hudson in a DOD interview say his dad always tell him to keep the car straight and don't buzz the tires. Hidson seems to have his head on straight and I think the kiddo is gonna be just fine! Back in the 80s-90s you never seen these teenagers run up front. The veterans back then made them earn it and wouldn't show much respect to the young guns, a pecking order so to speak. Totally different now. How the times have changed lol
He has boat loads of natural talent. He will be a star.

dirtdobber45
10-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Yes, both are Bowman carsThank you cutman

Highside Hustler25
10-02-2016, 12:07 PM

Exactly!

Lot of respect for that young man in victory lane. No need to apologize Hudson. You slid him clean. It was Cody's job to get by on the bottom. Instead he elected to make contact.

I'm liking what I see in this young racer. Another future star to add to the mix.

As far as the racetrack? Looked like a well prepped surface. Great racing.

old fan
10-02-2016, 12:42 PM
that track has lost its true character with the walls and more banking

GEAR_HEAD
10-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Same thing I saw

Ditto. I can't stand his dad but that pass was clean. Mahoney took himself out.

cratedaddyD21
10-02-2016, 01:38 PM
The kid has talent. Driving for a guy willing too out spin the entire field. I can't believe the kid ever gets beat. Brownstown has a core group of guys that are putting on some of the best shows in the region every Saturday night. Mahoney(dosent race every week because he has to work to race),Stapleton, Joe Godsey,Hines(runs the BoB Series and it's all on his own dime) Bailey(up and comer),Magner,Gilpin(when he shows up)....and we have seen Chilton and Linville several races......

Bubstr
10-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Hudson may have cut that slide job a little short, but Mahoney made the choice of whether there would be contact or a cross over move. Slide jobs go that way.

Matt49
10-02-2016, 02:06 PM
that track has lost its true character with the walls and more banking

The walls are a good 30 feet from the edge of the racing surface. I race there almost every weekend. As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

The problem at Brownstown right now is the insanely sharp drop off the banking in the corners AND on the straights. Particularly the back stretch which has claimed about a half dozen cars this year.

Hoosier_Dirt
10-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Yeah, no issue with walls.

old fan
10-02-2016, 03:38 PM
The walls are a good 30 feet from the edge of the racing surface. I race there almost every weekend. As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.The problem at Brownstown right now is the insanely sharp drop off the banking in the corners AND on the straights. Particularly the back stretch which has claimed about a half dozen cars this year.where you racing there in the early 80's I thought not

Matt49
10-02-2016, 04:07 PM
where you racing there in the early 80's I thought not

I was there watching in the early 80s. What is your point. The walls are not a factor now just as they weren't back then. Not the wooden beams back then could really be called a "wall".
The point is, the way the track is configured today, the walls have ZERO impact in the racing line available. Period end of discussion.

old fan
10-02-2016, 04:10 PM
yeah you were what 5 years old if that back in the early 80s i know I checked so you wouldn't know

Matt49
10-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Dude, you're not making any sense. If your point is that the walls are closer to the track today than they were in the early 80s, that is completely different from saying that walls are having a negative impact on the racing today. Which is what you implied and you've implied it before. The walls are a non-issue. Don't take my word for it, ask ANYBODY that races there. Saying that the wall being put up on the backstretch made the racing worse is like saying you can see the Eiffel Tower better if you drive 10 miles east.

Now, the rumor (from some pretty reliable sources) is that they ARE going to knock the crown off the straights and calm the corners down before next season. The track will be slower but the racing will be better. Before they crowned the straights, a guy could drive pretty far out and make a lot of momentum. Still a good 10-15 feet from the wall even when the track is flat and can be widened out.

Matt49
10-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Video with camera sitting ON the backstretch wall. Note: Cars nowhere near it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxihOw2NkVQ

And in the daylight in case your vision is bad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8YrV5jy358

old fan
10-02-2016, 05:27 PM
No the fact they had a wall at all when a driver had issues he could pull off keeping the show going and in those days it was important when car counts in a certain class was higher than they are today , why did they mess with it that's what so unique about the place now you have minis sprints and what not filling the pit area.

cutman
10-02-2016, 05:30 PM
No the fact they had a wall at all when a driver had issues he could pull off keeping the show going and in those days it was important when car counts in a certain class was higher than they are today , why did they mess with it thats what so unique about the place now you have minis sprints and what not filling the pit area

What are you talking about? You can still pull off the track?

Matt49
10-02-2016, 06:35 PM
What he is getting at, is that back in the day when they had the makeshift wall, there was an opening in the backstretch where a car could pull off and completely leave the track there. But again, he is talking out his elbow. If you have a problem on the backstretch today, you can pull off the track and exit through the service alley right next to the lineup shoot. There's an acre of grass out there and cars do it all the time and it never brings out the caution. It's also a hot pit area for longer races.

The problem today (in general and at all tracks) is that when people have a problem they insist on stopping on the track rather than pulling off to intentionally bring out the caution. So we're sort of talking about two different problems here.

old fan
10-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Stopping on the track is the track crews fault real simple you cause a yellow like stopping on the track you are done for the race

Matt49
10-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Stopping on the track is the track crews fault real simple you cause a yellow like stopping on the track you are done for the race

The rule at Brownstown (as discussed at each driver's meeting) is that if you stop on the track intentionally to bring out a yellow, you go a lap down.
Enforcement of that rule has been a different story.

old fan
10-02-2016, 07:17 PM
Enforcement of that rule has been a different story. whoop there it is

cratedaddyD21
10-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Old fan, I am 50 yrs old...I remember those days of the guys pulling off the back stretch. My Dad always pitted by the "Big Tree" back in those days. Back then you had to be 12 yrs. old to enter the pits, since I was a tall kid...I got to go at 10.....Those days were special. I like Brownstown now, though, it's way to fast and too steep on the back side of the track. I hope Jim can cut it down just enough to keep cars from flipping and still give us good racing. I loved the Black and slick and smooth that use to be Brownstown....brought the great drivers to the front, but those days are past us now.

Matt49
10-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Old fan, I am 50 yrs old...I remember those days of the guys pulling off the back stretch. My Dad always pitted by the "Big Tree" back in those days. Back then you had to be 12 yrs. old to enter the pits, since I was a tall kid...I got to go at 10.....Those days were special. I like Brownstown now, though, it's way to fast and too steep on the back side of the track. I hope Jim can cut it down just enough to keep cars from flipping and still give us good racing. I loved the Black and slick and smooth that use to be Brownstown....brought the great drivers to the front, but those days are past us now.

^^^ LIKE ^^^

But those days are note gone. With the right track configuration, Brownstown will be right back where it was.
Like to you, Brownstown is a special, almost sacred, place to me.

fryefan
10-02-2016, 08:41 PM
The walls are a good 30 feet from the edge of the racing surface. I race there almost every weekend. As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

The problem at Brownstown right now is the insanely sharp drop off the banking in the corners AND on the straights. Particularly the back stretch which has claimed about a half dozen cars this year.

You hit the nail on the head. Especially the last sentence of your 1st paragraph.

Clayton_Wetter
10-02-2016, 08:49 PM

Very ugly way to win. Feel really bad for Mahoney who blew the field away until that caution. He ran a flawless night of racing, set a new track record, 12.72 and just plain got ran over on the restart. Really pathetic.

I want to give the track prep a congratulations for the great surface, and no dust or rubber until into the features.

Welder89
10-02-2016, 08:49 PM
I was looking on Facebook trying to find pictures of the car to see what kind of damage the cage and halo had sustained, but couldn't find any. After all the concussion and injuries that have happend this season I'd really like to see pics of the damaged cars but nobody seems to ever post any on social media. Especially the longhorn cars. I only say this because maybe the right person will see what's going on and where they are failing at and suggest a better idea for halo and cage design? Just a thought.

Clayton_Wetter
10-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Where's Clayton?

The banking is fine, the track was great last night. Past weeks have seen the slick surface and wiped off cushion cause some problems. When side bite is poor and no cushion it causes many cautions and some bad wrecks lately.

Hoosier_Dirt
10-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Oneal did not take out Mahoney. He made a clean slide job, actually Mahoney drove into the back of Oneal in 2, then they got together on the backstretch. Mahoney got collected in 3.

Clayton_Wetter
10-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Oneal did not take out Mahoney. He made a clean slide job, actually Mahoney drove into the back of Oneal in 2, then they got together on the backstretch. Mahoney got collected in 3.

He jumped the restart also. I would be ticked too. Mahoney got hosed.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-03-2016, 01:15 AM
Hudson jumped the start there like crazy, not sure how they let that go. The slider was clean, but Hudson wheel hopped, and practically had to stop to get the car straightened up. I think that's why Mahoney got into him. The timing got all screwed up. That restart though, wow.

Hoosier_Dirt
10-03-2016, 06:57 AM
If he jumped the restart he would have to been beside or in front of him at the 2nd cone. He wasnt, he was right behind Mahoney. If you have dirt on dirt it's plain as day on there. I like both drivers, just saying Oneal wasn't the reason for Mahoneys misfortune.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-03-2016, 07:13 AM
Very ugly way to win. Feel really bad for Mahoney who blew the field away until that caution. He ran a flawless night of racing, set a new track record, 12.72 and just plain got ran over on the restart. Really pathetic.

I want to give the track prep a congratulations for the great surface, and no dust or rubber until into the features.
You need new glasses Clayton. ONeal played that restart perfectly.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-03-2016, 07:17 AM
I was looking on Facebook trying to find pictures of the car to see what kind of damage the cage and halo had sustained, but couldn't find any. After all the concussion and injuries that have happend this season I'd really like to see pics of the damaged cars but nobody seems to ever post any on social media. Especially the longhorn cars. I only say this because maybe the right person will see what's going on and where they are failing at and suggest a better idea for halo and cage design? Just a thought.
He almost certainly had a neck/spine compression to break a vertebrae in that area. Most of the cars do not have a tall enough halo for a forceful impact square on the top of the cage in a rollover. This is even if the halo doesn't give much.

I believe he is still in a Rayburn? I have never seen a tall cage Rayburn.

JJ128
10-03-2016, 09:29 AM
I believe the car Barnett was in was a Rayburn. The halo was bent down a substantial amount, from what I was told by multiple people who saw it. From the series of impacts directly on top of the cage, i think any chassis would have shown some damage to the halo area. It would have been helpful to have a lot more room to give for sure though. I was in the stands in turn one, had a good view of the wreck but did not get to see the car up close personally. On a side note, Rayburn did make a few over-rail cars with a tall halo in 2007. Moyer, O'Neal, Ratliff, Dillon White, and probably a few others had one.

zeroracing
10-03-2016, 09:50 AM
FYI the FIA publishes cage building methods for rally cars. Different cars than what we use but you can see methods they allow for connecting/bracing the halo. Rally cars are built to take some crazy flips.

Matt49
10-03-2016, 09:55 AM
I believe the car Barnett was in was a Rayburn. The halo was bent down a substantial amount, from what I was told by multiple people who saw it. From the series of impacts directly on top of the cage, i think any chassis would have shown some damage to the halo area. It would have been helpful to have a lot more room to give for sure though. I was in the stands in turn one, had a good view of the wreck but did not get to see the car up close personally. On a side note, Rayburn did make a few over-rail cars with a really tall halo in 2007. Moyer, O'Neal, Ratliff, Dillon White, and probably a few others had one.

It was a Rayburn and yes the halo was bent down quite a bit and it was moved over to the right quite a bit from what I could tell. I won't venture to guess how much on either measurement. I saw it close up and no cracks to tubing or welds that I could see. There are pictures on Facebook. If you are friends Brad Hale, he posted some yesterday. It is obvious from the way the roof is bent around the halo bars that it took a direct impact on that corner. With the air the car caught and how fast they were going at that point, I would say the car actually did its job quite well. But Steve is still lucky to not be in worse shape than he is.

JustAddDirt
10-03-2016, 10:28 AM
is there a video out, or a link?

chupp n bloomer fan
10-03-2016, 10:28 AM
If he jumped the restart he would have to been beside or in front of him at the 2nd cone. He wasnt, he was right behind Mahoney. If you have dirt on dirt it's plain as day on there. I like both drivers, just saying Oneal wasn't the reason for Mahoneys misfortune.I was watching DoD, I guess if they are allowed to pass after the cones and before the finish line then ya he was in the right. I'm just used to most places where you can't pass till after the finish line.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-03-2016, 10:29 AM
is there a video out, or a link?Of the Barnett wreck I'm not sure, the feature is on DoD.

Matt49
10-03-2016, 01:56 PM
If anybody has video it would be the guy that runs
www.inthefastlaneproductions.com
He does very good work but it isn't his full time job so it might not get posted very quickly.

Hoosier_Dirt
10-03-2016, 02:44 PM
The frontstretch fence is another issue. It's not tall enough, and there are no cables thru it. A wheel will end up in the stands one day.

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 04:30 PM

A clean slide job to you means a guy gets to slide up at you and you have to hit the brake and let them in front to keep from being knocked off the track, right?

cutman
10-03-2016, 04:35 PM
A clean slide job to you means a guy ges to slide up at you and you have to hit the brake and let them in front to keep from being knocked off the track, right?

Mahoney should of showed more patience and he probably wins the race. It wasn't a 'dirty" move by Hudson, it was aggressive. He knew that was his shot on the restart and took it. And he cleared him, nothing close to knocking him off the track

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Hudson jumped the start there like crazy, not sure how they let that go. The slider was clean, but Hudson wheel hopped, and practically had to stop to get the car straightened up. I think that's why Mahoney got into him. The timing got all screwed up. That restart though, wow.

Jumping the restart like that usually means a penalty. But this time for some reason (take a guess) it was ignored.

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 04:38 PM
You need new glasses Clayton. ONeal played that restart perfectly.

Rose colored ones I suppose, right? Don't wear glasses, BTW. :)

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 04:48 PM

Adding more dirt outside of the track to make less drop off sounds like the way to go. Everyone I talked to are well pleased with the new banking.

Hoosier_Dirt
10-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Hudson did not jump the restart. Watch the video! He was nowhere close to being even beside Mahoney at the cone.

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Hudson did not jump the restart. Watch the video! He was nowhere close to being even beside Mahoney at the cone.

Where is the video?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Rose colored ones I suppose, right? Don't wear glasses, BTW. :)

Apparently you have hot wheels glasses. O'Neal cleared him by two car lengths. Mahoney only caught him to hit him because his car bounced.

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Apparently you have hot wheels glasses. O'Neal cleared him by two car lengths. Mahoney only caught him to hit him because his car bounced.

And the video?

JJ128
10-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Dirt on Dirt. UBoB @ Brownstown: Feature

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Dirt on Dirt. UBoB @ Brownstown: Feature

I'm not subscribed. Are you?

Hoosier_Dirt
10-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Dirt on Dirt. Inthefastlaneproductions.com will have it up this week probably.

Just The Tip
10-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Here you go,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByiaCFpMPqUcRHFRVnB4cFA4Ymc/view

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Here you go,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByiaCFpMPqUcRHFRVnB4cFA4Ymc/view

Thanks for posting. That was the flip, now where is the feature restart?

Andrews42FAN
10-03-2016, 06:34 PM
I'm not subscribed. Are you?

I dont post on here much, but you blather on about (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and dont really know what your talking about - rather just to hear yourself type BS.

First picture is about 2 feet past the starter stand.... the rest are fairly obvious that ONeil was driving over Mahony, abusing him and knocking him off the track. With the last pic being just before Mahoney decided to keep his foot in the radiator and bury his nose in ONeils arse.... Christ....

Hoosier_Dirt
10-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Don't get much clearer than that.

old fan
10-03-2016, 06:41 PM
I'm not subscribed. Are you? you betcha

cutman
10-03-2016, 06:43 PM
I dont post on here much, but you blather on about (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and dont really know what your talking about - rather just to hear yourself type BS.

First picture is about 2 feet past the starter stand.... the rest are fairly obvious that ONeil was driving over Mahony, abusing him and knocking him off the track. With the last pic being just before Mahoney decided to keep his foot in the radiator and bury his nose in ONeils arse.... Christ....

Good work, pretty much what I saw

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 06:44 PM

Thank you for being such a nice guy. Sorry about the blather, NOT!!! Now how about the video instead of preselected frames??? First picture can lead one to believe that Oneal jumped the start though.

Actually do you know what you are talking about. I can't tell who you are even defending. Are we agreeing that Oneal jumped the start and did Mahoney wrong or not?

Now that I've typed some more BS I'm feeling great!!!!

cratedaddyD21
10-03-2016, 06:53 PM
O'Neal clearly jumped the start. I was sitting in the pit stands directly across from the second cone....but it's the chalk line that they were to fire from....from our angle, it then looked like a slider that didn't stick and Cody ran into him. The Yellow should have flown for the jump of the start......but depending who you are .....you never know if the tower will make the call, and as bad as they want the O'Neal kid to win.....their not going to throw the yellow on him jumping the start.

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 07:02 PM
O'Neal clearly jumped the start. I was sitting in the pit stands directly across from the second cone....but it's the chalk line that they were to fire from....from our angle, it then looked like a slider that didn't stick and Cody ran into him. The Yellow should have flown for the jump of the start......but depending who you are .....you never know if the tower will make the call, and as bad as they want the O'Neal kid to win.....their not going to throw the yellow on him jumping the start.

I agree with you. The yellow should have come out.

Andrews42FAN
10-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Wetter, if you want to see the video pony up the cash for DoD. Im not defending anyone in this matter. Just tired of listening to you blather on about it.

Pic 1 is the "Chalk Line" when they fired
Pic 2 is as they hit the flag stand. Now you can call that jumping the start if you would like, but you prolly love Hillary too.

Later, done with this one...

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-03-2016, 07:17 PM

O'Neal was behind Mahoney at the stripe. He started up the banking, jerked the car low to gain momentum and timed it all nearly perfectly.

Hoosier_Dirt
10-03-2016, 07:19 PM

By the image below, looks like Oneal behind Cody at the firing line.

old fan
10-03-2016, 07:21 PM
you knew that also about CW secret hillary fan

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Wetter, if you want to see the video pony up the cash for DoD. Im not defending anyone in this matter. Just tired of listening to you blather on about it.

Pic 2 is as they hit the flag stand. Now you can call that jumping the start if you would like, but you prolly love Hillary too.

Looks like he jumped the restart by that one pic and Hillary seems more your type. :)

And Masters, you working the buddy system? hahahhahahaaaa

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 07:35 PM
By the image below, looks like Oneal behind Cody at the firing line.

Yet in the lead at the finish line? Come on Nathans. How would you expect Oneal to be in the lead before passing the cones, and sorry Andrews fan for the continued blather!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Looks like he jumped the restart by that one pic and Hillary seems more your type. :)

And Masters, your working the buddy system? hahahhahahaaaa
Don't even know what you are talking about... You lost horribly. Thread over.

Clayton_Wetter
10-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Don't even know what you are talking about... You lost horribly. Thread over.

Sorry but, your opinion didn't win squat. We didn't lose. You just proved the buddy theory, that's all.

Hoosier_Dirt
10-03-2016, 07:44 PM
SMH!! somebody get the duct tape

Highside Hustler25
10-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Watched the vid again. ONeal was behind Cody at both the firing cones. I'm thinking Cody might have spun his tires cuz ONeal went by him like he was standing still.

superstock79
10-03-2016, 08:12 PM

I have been going to races my whole life and I have seen many different methods for restarts, however Brownstown is my home track just some 10 miles away, and the rule there is to start the race AT the stripe, and ANYONE who can't see that Hudson is CLEARLY behind mahoney at the stripe is just trying to find a way to be a whiny b**ch. He fired behind him, and blew past him. 100% legit win.

spas
10-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Watched the vid again. ONeal was behind Cody at both the firing cones. I'm thinking Cody might have spun his tires cuz ONeal went by him like he was standing still.

Watch the way huddy rolls from top to bottom on the start that's why it looks like Mahoney spun his tires. BOB said in drivers meeting if they done that they would be docked positions. That's why Mahoney didn't do his normal start. And that slide job was a punk move and hud knows it. He didn't leave Mahoney a lane on the outside. He parked it coming of off 2 knowing that if CM would have got fuel and on the brakes he would have went over the bank. If you have drove one of these things you understand that to make them turn you have to stay gassed up. So CM done all he could do and stay on the track. And what a lot of you don't know is that CM has helped huddie out a bunch but I'm guessing that that won't happen anymore!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Watch the way huddy rolls from top to bottom on the start that's why it looks like Mahoney spun his tires. BOB said in drivers meeting if they done that they would be docked positions. That's why Mahoney didn't do his normal start. And that slide job was a punk move and hud knows it. He didn't leave Mahoney a lane on the outside. He parked it coming of off 2 knowing that if CM would have got fuel and on the brakes he would have went over the bank. If you have drove one of these things you understand that to make them turn you have to stay gassed up. So CM done all he could do and stay on the track. And what a lot of you don't know is that CM has helped huddie out a bunch but I'm guessing that that won't happen anymore!!

People usually stop helping when they get beat.

spas
10-04-2016, 08:25 AM
People usually stop helping when they get beat.

Not from him outrunning CM. There are certain guys that you run with that you expect that kind of move out of. So you drive them accordingly. If that would have been Hines,or Stapelton behind him I think CM would have drove a totally different line into 1 to prevent that.. but with huddie I guessing he thought there was a level of mutual respect. But know he knows!! Better on a 3000 than on 10,000 or more I guess..

cutman
10-04-2016, 10:06 AM
Not from him outrunning CM. There are certain guys that you run with that you expect that kind of move out of. So you drive them accordingly. If that would have been Hines,or Stapelton behind him I think CM would have drove a totally different line into 1 to prevent that.. but with huddie I guessing he thought there was a level of mutual respect. But know he knows!! Better on a 3000 than on 10,000 or more I guess..

You've got to be kidding me. I'm a fan of both, there was nothing wrong with that move. You act like he doored the crap out of him.

Mantis
10-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Looked like a clean pass to me......much better than the slider he pulled to get into the Jackson a week before.

Clayton_Wetter
10-04-2016, 05:13 PM

Thanks spas for posting your opinion. The hostile environment that some people create on here makes a lot of people think twice before posting. Sadly people get pretty angry and feel they have to not only win the opinion battle but also to insult and try to belittle others at the same time. Masters, you do that crap all the time and act like a real know it all, so I've learned to expect that out of you.

There are two opinions on here and there is the reality of what actually happened, you don't have to be hateful like Andrews and you are doing. It's just a difference of opinion and how about letting it go at that?

And Nathens you can use the duct tape on yourself, to fix your shaking head. :)

cutman
10-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Thanks spas for posting your opinion. The hostile environment that some people create on here makes a lot of people think twice before posting. Sadly people get pretty angry and feel they have to not only win the opinion battle but also to insult and try to belittle others at the same time. Masters, you do that crap all the time and act like a real know it all, so I've learned to expect that out of you.

There are two opinions on here and there is the reality of what actually happened, you don't have to be hateful like Andrews and you are doing. It's just a difference of opinion and how about letting it go at that?

Are you the voice of reality or one of the opinions?

Clayton_Wetter
10-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Are you the voice of reality or one of the opinions?

Mainly opinion cutman, how about you? I was there and did see it though, so that may count for something.

old fan
10-04-2016, 08:31 PM
but you had your eyes closed didn't you CW

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-04-2016, 09:33 PM

I don't get angry. And, it is very rare for me to call anyone names. But sometimes, folks just go plain crazy or blinded by some kind of bias...

We got you and spas acting like some great breach of racing etiquette was made. Everyone else is scratching their heads. I know spas is either Mahoney's girlfriend or dad. I haven't figured your deal out yet.

Clayton_Wetter
10-04-2016, 09:35 PM
but you had your eyes closed didn't you CW

YOU POST YOU LOSE Hahahahaha

Clayton_Wetter
10-04-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't get angry. And, it is very rare for me to call anyone names. But sometimes, folks just go plain crazy or blinded by some kind of bias...

We got you and spas acting like some great breach of racing etiquette was made. Everyone else is scratching their heads. I know spas is either Mahoney's girlfriend or dad. I haven't figured your deal out yet.

And what is your DEAL? The Raw Deal? hahahhahaaaa

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-04-2016, 09:43 PM
And what is your DEAL? The Raw Deal? hahahhahaaaa

Huh? O'Neal won the race and I don't really care who won.

cutman
10-05-2016, 05:34 AM
Mainly opinion cutman, how about you? I was there and did see it though, so that may count for something.

Definitely opinion. Currently unable to attend any racing due to health but hope to back out for the Fall 50 at Florence. Would like to get back to Brownstown sometime for a non Lucas race.
Curious if anyone has heard if Mahoney has said anything on the race?

JustAddDirt
10-05-2016, 08:05 AM
We got you and spas acting like some great breach of racing etiquette was made. Everyone else is scratching their heads. I know spas is either Mahoney's girlfriend or dad. I haven't figured your deal out yet

I know it is not his girlfriend, I think her screen name is Jenn4. (or something like that)
I work with his dad, don't think he gets on 4m and posts.

jared1624
10-05-2016, 09:53 AM
we were told in the in the drivers meeting the leader fires anywhere past turn 3, and the race is on. They were also saying it over the receiver when we were coming to green every time. nothing at all was said about rolling from top to bottom on the start. The Mahoney/Huddy deal is a product of a very fast racetrack with a cushion and 2 guys racing hard for the lead with 10 to go, its unfortunate but is gonna happen on a hammer down track

cutman
10-05-2016, 09:58 AM
we were told in the in the drivers meeting the leader fires anywhere past turn 3, and the race is on. They were also saying it over the receiver when we were coming to green every time. nothing at all was said about rolling from top to bottom on the start. The Mahoney/Huddy deal is a product of a very fast racetrack with a cushion and 2 guys racing hard for the lead with 10 to go, its unfortunate but is gonna happen on a hammer down track

Just curious, what is unfortunate about it?

noballsnobabies
10-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Will Cody be back this weekend for the rematch? Know Huddy will be there even rumors of trying his hand at a sprint car on Friday.

cratedaddyD21
10-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Cody is going to the Pond and Richmond according to his facebook.....

TS FAN
10-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Hudson seems like a nice young man.

Rollover
10-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Will Cody be back this weekend for the rematch? Know Huddy will be there even rumors of trying his hand at a sprint car on Friday.

i heard most of the better late models are avoiding brownstown this week because its funfest and its generally a cluster of a mess.

hoodpin
10-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Seen they cut the banking down some. not as sharp a drop off now.

cratedaddyD21
10-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Cutting the banking down is a great idea.....but the regulars going to The Pond and Richmond are going anyway.

ChrisNunn
10-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Whys the promoter on here asking if Cody will be back for the rematch? If anyone would know, its him..

Clayton_Wetter
10-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Seen they cut the banking down some. not as sharp a drop off now.

Very sad, just add dirt outside the banking.

buster83
10-06-2016, 11:38 PM
well than does spas spread like peanut butter.

Hoosier_Dirt
10-07-2016, 07:24 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2016, 08:02 AM
We got you and spas acting like some great breach of racing etiquette was made. Everyone else is scratching their heads. I know spas is either Mahoney's girlfriend or dad. I haven't figured your deal out yet

I know it is not his girlfriend, I think her screen name is Jenn4. (or something like that)
I work with his dad, don't think he gets on 4m and posts.

I was maybe given some bad info. And the rest is observation that spas is a 4 homer consistently. I stand corrected.

Matt49
10-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Cody nor Hudson are even talking about this issue. All the keyboard racers are simply blowing the entire thing out of proportion and arguing over something that was a complete racing deal. Those of you wondering what Cody "had to say" don't know Cody very well. That isn't his style. He isn't on Facebook or any other outlet expressing discontent. If he had any issue with the move he would talk straight to Huddy about it and nobody else would know it ever happened. This is how real racers behave.
Jared said it best and he should know...he was on the same race track in the same race.

bigq11
10-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Where's the like button?

Clayton_Wetter
10-11-2016, 07:50 PM
Definitely opinion. Currently unable to attend any racing due to health but hope to back out for the Fall 50 at Florence. Would like to get back to Brownstown sometime for a non Lucas race.
Curious if anyone has heard if Mahoney has said anything on the race?

I hoping to make the Fall 50 also. Have no heard any mention of any comments by Mahoney. I imagine that he knows there's is no point, since it's all history.

I heard some very disturbing rumors about the track though. Don't know if it's a fact or not, and know better than to ask. But I hear they are planning on destroying the track as it is and flattening the crap out of it.

It appears that the powers that be are calling for it. They will never have a promoter that is not controlled by the fair board.

Matt49
10-11-2016, 10:21 PM
I hoping to make the Fall 50 also. Have no heard any mention any any comments by Mahoney. I imagine that he knows there's is no point, since it's all history.

I heard some very disturbing rumors about the track though. Don't know if it's a fact or not, and know better than to ask. But I hear they are planning on destroying the track as it is and flattening the crap out of it.

It appears that the powers that be are calling for it. They will never have a promoter that is not controlled by the fair board.

If by "the powers that be" you mean the racers that are sick and tired of destroying race cars and sending drivers to the hospital...Then YES, the powers that be have spoken.

If it is blood sport you want I suggest MMA. We can race and have a good racing facility without the ridiculous track conditions we have had this year. If you are one of those that goes to the track anxiously awaiting the BIG one, Brownstown was certainly the place to be this year. We sent one of the best in our history to the hospital and you cheer it on. Sickening. Next year should be different.

Clayton_Wetter
10-12-2016, 05:54 PM
I don't go to races to see wrecks and people getting hurt. But I don't go to see wimpy warriors limp around a flat dry slick track either. We'll see how the fans like this sorry move.

Are you one of the powers that be? Could be. I know who this is.

I suggested fixing the problem by leveling the track outside of the banking with more dirt, and that obviously is not what you want, right?

Many race track have banking that is higher than Brownstown and they are doing just fine.

Flat race tracks can only lead to running the inside and follow the leader.

hoodpin
10-12-2016, 07:21 PM
Brownstown is flat now? looked like good racing over the weekend to me.

cratedaddyD21
10-12-2016, 07:42 PM
I didn't go to funfest because it sucks. I did see a few videos of the Street Stocks mostly.....it looked like the same old rubbered up , no prep funfest track you see every year. Until we see Mahoney, Bailey,Hines,Gilpin and Stapleton next season......we won't know what it's going to be until then. Since Jim Price has ran things, the track usually has way more grip than it did 4 years ago.

Clayton_Wetter
10-12-2016, 07:57 PM
I didn't go to funfest because it sucks. I did see a few videos of the Street Stocks mostly.....it looked like the same old rubbered up , no prep funfest track you see every year. Until we see Mahoney, Bailey,Hines,Gilpin and Stapleton next season......we won't know what it's going to be until then. Since Jim Price has ran things, the track usually has way more grip than it did 4 years ago.

The flattening is supposed to be coming, unless several people have been told bad info.

old fan
10-12-2016, 08:50 PM
yeah sure it is like your head

Hoosier_Dirt
10-13-2016, 05:26 AM
The problem with Brownstown was with the banking so high, it was top side dominant. I mean watching Cody Mahoney run around the top leading by over half a lap isn't exciting. Not taking anything away from him, he's a great driver with a great car. Hudson Oneal, same way, around the top and dominating. By cutting some of the banking it'll slow them down some and make it to where the bottom groove will come into play which imo will create better racing. I think Funfest was an example, and from what I heard the drivers really liked it. Sometimes it's not all about speed.

old fan
10-13-2016, 05:58 AM
that banking was high lol

spas
10-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Nope MR I'm not Cody's GF or dad. Just another racer , I just gave my opinion on what I saw. I wouldn't have liked it if he done it to me. But then again that's JMO. But maybe I'm not the professional racer that you are. Should I start asking for your professional opinion before I reply to or post something??

Matt49
10-13-2016, 12:16 PM
The track will still have plenty of banking. The problem was not the banking itself, it was the progressive nature at the banking. WAY steeper at the top than just a few car widths down from the top. We called a "cupping" affect. This is what created both a top dominant track and a treacherous situation.
Clayton, your idea of adding a table top around the outside would be fine and work from a safety standpoint but that is a LOT of extra dirt that would need to be brought in = $$$. I think it would be far more cost effective to put the track back the way it was when Tim had it. The racing was just fine and the track had plenty of banking to allow for 3-wide action in all classes. I don't want to see one-lane around the bottom any more than you do. All that does is promote people moving the guy in front of them instead of passing them. Then we're back to the same issue of having torn up cars all the time. I guess we'll just see how it turns out but I hope we end up with something that is good for the racers AND the fans. We need both.

Biplane
10-13-2016, 03:44 PM
They took a little off the banking and rounded the lip for FunFest. I would not expect major changes over the winter, unless the fair board approves dirt to be brought in and put around the outside. I think what they already did will help. Most of the crashes this year had nothing to do with the lip. It seems there were several bad wrecks this year at a variety of different tracks. The last thing anyone wants to see is someone get hurt. The additional banking has made for some great races over the past couple of years. Hope they can find a happy medium.

Clayton_Wetter
10-13-2016, 04:19 PM
that banking was high lol

Yes, it was getting really scary:rolleyes: and race cars were actually going pretty fast. Kind of what you would expect out of racing at a SPEEDWAY. Old Fan I-55 is higher banked, would you like to see it flattened? Would that not get you pretty worked up to know that was happening to a track that you've went to all your life? Now I will have to travel long distance to see races.

Matt I wish they would think it over before possibly messing up. The way the track was, was not working all that well as Bane had let it get flatter and flatter every year he was there to the point that racers were getting over the cushion (sometimes no cushion at all) way to much and also the distance around turn four, top side was so much longer than running the inside that high runners were having a real struggle to not lose a lot of ground coming out of turn four and they also could not keep the cars on the track in turn two.

Also with the tires being pushed out so far the inside racing has been adversely affected. With some cars getting damaged pretty bad by them.

cratedaddyD21
10-13-2016, 05:37 PM
I don't miss the slow flat track we use to have but it sure was easier on equipment. The real problem with the lip this season........there were only a few guys with the talent to click off laps at hammer down speeds up on that cushion. With that being said, the talent we see now is as good as it's been in 15 years. I certainly do like seeing fast cars at my local track but as a car owner and driver, you have to ask yourself if racing and wrecking at such high speeds we seen this season....is it worth it for $ 1200.00 to win ?

old fan
10-13-2016, 06:45 PM
Yes, it was getting really scary and race cars were actually going pretty fast. Kind of what you would expect out of racing at a SPEEDWAY. Old Fan I-55 is higher banked, would you like to see it flattened? Would that not get you pretty worked up to know that was happening to a track that you've went to all your life? Now I will have to travel long distance to see races. Matt I wish they would think it over before possibly messing up. The way the track was, was not working all that well as Bane had let it get flatter and flatter every year he was there to the point that racers were getting over the cushion (sometimes no cushion at all) way to much and also the distance around turn four, top side was so much longer than running the inside that high runners were having a real struggle to not lose a lot of ground coming out of turn four and they also could not keep the cars on the track in turn two. Also with the tires being pushed out so far the inside racing has been adversely affected. With some cars getting damaged pretty bad by them. I 55 was flattened a number of years ago, ooops btown would take a lot of work to be high banked

old fan
10-13-2016, 06:48 PM
actually some of the best racing I 've seen is the little bull ring belle Claire aka gatewaydirt or highland speedway