PDA

View Full Version : Continental acquires Hoosier Tire

superstock79
10-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Wonder what this will affect in the late model world.... I'm guessing Tire prices are about to go even higher...

Josh Bayko
10-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Wonder what this will affect in the late model world.... I'm guessing Tire prices are about to go even higher...

Or they'll actually come down in price a bit. But in reality, I doubt much changes.

kazual
10-04-2016, 10:42 AM
When a company acquires another it is never with a strategy to reduce revenue, i.e lower prices. Its about maximizing profits through better efficiency and synergy. Best you can hope for is prices don't increase. PS i know zip about the tire business.

jog49
10-04-2016, 11:10 AM
A mediocre race tire company being bought by a mediocre passenger car tire company. Should be a good fit!

mskdorf
10-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Best tire in DLM racing is Hoosier. Don't know about the future.

Cardirt0
10-04-2016, 12:11 PM
You better Look at it agen they have some of the best ranking on tires on the road..
.. Over seas the are A big tire,, The have there Tires in more racing groups then Goodyear,,,And are growing fast.. this is good for hooser and the racing tire... You will see a better tire out of this .. This is a good thing for the racing....

Barbecueboy
10-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Bet all the " slotting fee" and " wink wink " guys at the house of purple are a bit nervous.

In mergers things don't change much, in take overs or acquisitions , the folks getting acquired can probably expect some changes.

And hopefully , for the better.

Cardirt0
10-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Continental Is growing fast .. I bet that hoosier is 3 times as big in just a few years.. Continental Wants to grow there racing end of racing tires and hoosier Is how they are going too do it...I go so far as too say you will see Hooriers at the 24 hours of At the beach in Fl. in just a few years...I think that Not only did they want there tire they wanted there Name...Hoosier by Continental,, I see Good thing coming from this....

Cardirt0
10-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Bet all the " slotting fee" and " wink wink " guys at the house of purple are a bit nervous.

In mergers things don't change much, in take overs or acquisitions , the folks getting acquired can probably expect some changes.

And hopefully , for the better.

Will all the wink wink tires are gone.. Hooiser is now not a Small town tire no more. They are part of a Bigger Pic... Now...The folks getting acquired can (Will) expect some changers...They will all be for the good I bet on it...

chupp n bloomer fan
10-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Continental is a good tire company. Hopefully it'll be for the better, but time will tell.

jog49
10-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Cardirt0 probably has never owned any Continental tires. My calling them mediocre was a compliment. He also has probably forgotten that Hoosier couldn't even compete with American Racer in the spec tire race market until they were forced to build spec tires with their comp tire compounds.

Cardirt0
10-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Cardirt0 probably has never owned any Continental tires. My calling them mediocre was a compliment. He also has probably forgotten that Hoosier couldn't even compete with American Racer in the spec tire race market until they were forced to build spec tires with their comp tire compounds.

Have had 2 sets Liked them both.. I think they are a good tires... Hoosier will not be the same tire now that they are owned by Continental...They will be making road racing tires soon... I go so far as too say that the Plant will be a lot bigger be for long....They did this cause it will help sell there tire in the USA...They are going after Goodyear...They did not Buy Hoosier cause they are good...They got them too make them good... And make them better...Witch makes them Bigger....

chupp n bloomer fan
10-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Cardirt0 probably has never owned any Continental tires. My calling them mediocre was a compliment. He also has probably forgotten that Hoosier couldn't even compete with American Racer in the spec tire race market until they were forced to build spec tires with their comp tire compounds.I've owned them too, and liked them. And they were Made in USA.

Cardirt0
10-04-2016, 12:58 PM
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/continental-acquires-hoosier-racing-tire-corporation-300338745.html
Continental racing is now one of the Biggest racing tire makes in the World...

Cardirt0
10-04-2016, 01:00 PM
This Is good i see Continental Jumping in to dirt racing as Big time.... This Is big.. for dirt racing...If you dont see it you are Blind .....

Mason87
10-04-2016, 01:01 PM
I've been in the tire business for almost 10 years, all with Goodyear and trust me Continental is far from mediocre. All the tire companies are taking notice.

Cardirt0
10-04-2016, 01:03 PM
I've been in the tire business for almost 10 years, all with Goodyear and trust me Continental is far from mediocre. All the tire companies are taking notice.

Yep Continental has just moved in to the BIG league...

jetwind
10-04-2016, 01:05 PM

the article I read states keeping same 500 staff at hoosier expanding and expected sales growth ?
there is until 2025 there alliance started oct 30 2009 and possible plans to bringall hoosier rtires to the consumer market place part stores online available

Cardirt0
10-04-2016, 01:10 PM
the article I read states keeping same 500 staff at hoosier expanding and expected sales growth ?
there is until 2025 there alliance started oct 30 2009 and possible plans to bringall hoosier rtires to the consumer market place part stores online available
They wishy washe part of Hoosier just went out the Window....Continental now make tires for Dirt racing ,Road racing, Drag racing, Rally racing, Oval racing, Off road racing....

klemmabyna
10-04-2016, 03:12 PM
appears to be the next step from a 2009 alliance:

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/news/391208/continental-forms-strategic-alliance-with-hoosier

dirtdobber45
10-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Wonder if Hoosier sold out because of that law suit? I know their not named in the suit but if the courts find in favor of the drivers that everyone named in that lawsuit turns around and wants to sue Hoosier.

Centeroff
10-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Now is the time for American Racer to take over the dirt game. I personally love the racers and would pick a racer over a Hoosier unless a track was super hard, in that case give me the continental lol

Necrosis
10-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Now is the time for American Racer to take over the dirt game. I personally love the racers and would pick a racer over a Hoosier unless a track was super hard, in that case give me the continental lolSee you in the consi!

Josh Bayko
10-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Wonder if Hoosier sold out because of that law suit? I know their not named in the suit but if the courts find in favor of the drivers that everyone named in that lawsuit turns around and wants to sue Hoosier.

Doubtful. They've been sued a pile of times over the years and never sold out. Most likely, Continental gave them an offer they couldn't refuse.,

President Clinton
10-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Continental has the only low profile steer tire for big trucks with a decent speed rating!!! I have always ran Michelin tires but after several blow outs on steers and consulting with reps,have changed to Continental. Cheaper and I assume better quality if the speed rating is higher? So I would always assume they are way above mediocre or Michelin is sub par??????

Mason87
10-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Speed rating doesn't necessarily mean better quality, I work in quality control for Goodyear and I can tell you I wouldn't even put Goodyear on my vehicle. If Continental puts in the effort they have been putting into their product in the past couple years, I would expect some really good things in the near future.

old fan
10-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Have had 2 sets Liked them both.. I think they are a good tires... Hoosier will not be the same tire now that they are owned by Continental...They will be making road racing tires soon... I go so far as too say that the Plant will be a lot bigger be for long....They did this cause it will help sell there tire in the USA...They are going after Goodyear...They did not Buy Hoosier cause they are good...They got them too make them good... And make them better...Witch makes them Bigger.... betcha you didn't know that hoosier already makes a road race tire and a good one at that

Barbecueboy
10-04-2016, 08:20 PM
This Is good i see Continental Jumping in to dirt racing as Big time.... This Is big.. for dirt racing...If you dont see it you are Blind .....
I like the way youre thinking ........

old fan
10-04-2016, 08:27 PM
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/tires/continental.html

Mason87
10-04-2016, 08:35 PM
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/tires/continental.htmlYou can can pull up things like this on any product no matter what it is.

old fan
10-04-2016, 08:37 PM
that one pretty bad wouldn't you say I won't buy those tires

Mason87
10-04-2016, 08:38 PM
I go to Akron Ohio twice a year for meetings and have daily contact with engineers at Goodyear and trust me Continental has the other manufacturers attention.

fastford
10-04-2016, 08:42 PM
according to that article old fan, they should get along just fine, sorry fellows but im a AR fan, just dont have a choice, so maybe this merger or what ever it is will help....

Mason87
10-04-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm also an AR fan we have ran thwm for many years, we are are one of a very few who run thwm at our local track.

Mason87
10-04-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm just saying don't be suprised to see them up their game if they put in %100 into it.

Cardirt0
10-04-2016, 08:52 PM
betcha you didn't know that hoosier already makes a road race tire and a good one at that

Bet you would be Wrong.. and a drag tire and meany others .. And they use to make a street tire...

Cardirt0
10-04-2016, 08:55 PM
that one pretty bad wouldn't you say I won't buy those tires

You cant even walk so i hope you dont drive...

old fan
10-04-2016, 09:11 PM
booyah http://www.hoosiertire.com/tires/circuit/ http://www.jegs.com/p/Hoosier/Hoosier-Drag-Slicks/746907/10002/-1 most of the classes in scca run hoosier only

MUD MAESTRO
10-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Come on man........when the big boys make a move on dirt racing means a big profit oppertunity exists. Better yet....Continental smells a monopoly. Time for dirt racing to allow other tire manufactures to compete.

Krooser
10-05-2016, 12:54 AM
My experience with Continental tires come from my years as an owner operator in the trucking game. While I found Michelin to be the best buy for me, my son had had at least three sets of Continental tires on his logging and wind turbine blade trailers. He has had good luck with them.

I would tend to think that this tire doping clusterf*ck in DLM racing will be handled by Continental in a professional manner. No more shady lab testing, mixed results from the same rubber batch, etc. They have the people and experience to take on this controversy and put it to bed... I HOPE!!!!!

President Clinton
10-05-2016, 06:08 AM
Speed rating doesn't necessarily mean better quality, I work in quality control for Goodyear and I can tell you I wouldn't even put Goodyear on my vehicle. If Continental puts in the effort they have been putting into their product in the past couple years, I would expect some really good things in the near future.

It means quality in my pocketbook. 5-15k in damag on Peterbilts when one blows at 70mph. Michelin has 1000s of complaints due to this. They blame it on speed rating???? If the tire can not be run at the speed limit, then in my eyes it is poor quality. Both Same pli s, same load rating and one fails,and the other brand doesn't?

old fan
10-05-2016, 06:59 AM
Was Monica quality if you know what I mean

BloomerHarvickFan
10-05-2016, 07:00 AM
I wonder if Hoosier makes another run at NASCAR? The drivers obviously hate Goodyear.

Mason87
10-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Your right, if It cant run at its speed rating then yes I would say poor quality. My statement was based on the fact that all tires are made the same way same rubber and everything with slight differences, he'll they are even made in the same exact mold we just weld up the speed rating and engrave a different one in. The consumer doesn't care about that though and I understand your in business to.make money not repair your trucks because of malfunctioning tires.

President Clinton
10-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Was Monica quality if you know what I mean

Top shelf!!!!!!!!

jog49
10-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Maybe Continental is "new and improved". I've had three really lousy sets on three makes of vehicles and all were dreadful. Continental qualified for my three strikes and your out (forever) rule book so I'll never know of its improvement. I get great service out of Cooper.

coolfool_2
10-05-2016, 09:45 AM
I will only put Hoosiers on my street car if the continue the tradition of overspraying their logo and realizing lines are just there for suggestion. lol
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee86/coolfool_2/10-5-2016%2010-39-47%20AM_zpsllhckh3b.jpg (http://s233.photobucket.com/user/coolfool_2/media/10-5-2016%2010-39-47%20AM_zpsllhckh3b.jpg.html)

westlingracing
10-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I was told by a Hoosier rep that the brand will change to continental. So you won't be seeing any new Hoosier once the molds get changed

Cardirt0
10-05-2016, 11:28 AM
I was told by a Hoosier rep that the brand will change to continental. So you won't be seeing any new Hoosier once the molds get changed

Will I though they wanted the name too.. Will i was wrong on that then...If thats true, Things will change up a lot then......

jetwind
10-05-2016, 01:16 PM

lol ? so everyone will have to buy them that's ok my car still has 4 amods I need them anyway haha

Kromulous
10-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Couple reasons to buy out a Company, believe me i know, 3D Printing and digital metal processes. Anyway, Continental could of bought Hoosier for there technology (molding / stamping etc), there rubber sources aka supplier and contracts, or there sales volume (unlikely i would think)

Rubber sourcing now days is no joke, and its a very volatile business, wouldn't surprise me at all to see them take the sourcing, and sell off the rest or just scrap the racing portion. Just a possibility, but unlikely, maybe? LOL.

Mason87
10-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Your exactly right, rubber is cut throat lol. We get outs from Russia odd as they may be but we get 20 plus trailer loads daily and have multiple storage facilities with nothing but rubber stored in them. Very likell they did do it for the source

Nasty55
10-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Yep Continental has just moved in to the BIG league...

Gary Continental has been in the BIG League of the tire business for several years! It didnt just happen with the buyout of Hoosier Tire... Just saying...

old fan
10-05-2016, 05:35 PM
yes sir in endurance racing big time

Nasty55
10-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Continental has the only low profile steer tire for big trucks with a decent speed rating!!! I have always ran Michelin tires but after several blow outs on steers and consulting with reps,have changed to Continental. Cheaper and I assume better quality if the speed rating is higher? So I would always assume they are way above mediocre or Michelin is sub par??????

Bingo! We have a winner! You are exactly correct Clinton... For many years Michelin was the Tire to go with for steer tires on the Big Trucks and then Continental stepped up their game and in no time started putting out steer tires that were out lasting the Michelins not only in mileage but the price was better than the Michelins as well... Which was a Win Win for the trucking industry!

Nasty55
10-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Come on man........when the big boys make a move on dirt racing means a big profit oppertunity exists. Better yet....Continental smells a monopoly. Time for dirt racing to allow other tire manufactures to compete.

Exactly MUD Hoosier has been pricing the little guys out of racing for to long now so maybe just maybe Continental will make it a little bit easier on the Racers now with this purchase!

a25rjr
10-05-2016, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=President Clinton;2050938] several blow outs on steers

Thought you liked single white women??? :)

old fan
10-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Exactly MUD Hoosier has been pricing the little guys out of racing for to long now so maybe just maybe Continental will make it a little bit easier on the Racers now with this purchase!are you so sure

Nasty55
10-05-2016, 05:53 PM
according to that article old fan, they should get along just fine, sorry fellows but im a AR fan, just dont have a choice, so maybe this merger or what ever it is will help....

Fastford when we had our modified Team we were afforded the opportunities to run AR's 82.8 and 84.8 and we loved them but we also had to run Hoosiers alot as well so we had the best of both worlds in our modified program... Now when we went Latemodel Racing for awhile we Ran Hoosiers because most everywhere we ran required them...

Nasty55
10-05-2016, 05:55 PM
are you so sure

One can be hopeful there Mr Trip N Fall....

old fan
10-05-2016, 05:59 PM
thank god the doughboy didn't buy hoosier http://www.racingjunk.com/Road-Racing-Tires/182731284/MICHELIN-RACE-Slicks-27-65-R18-S9L-1400.html

old fan
10-05-2016, 06:01 PM
http://www.bimmerworld.com/Wheels-Tires/Tires/ very interesting

Cardirt0
10-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Gary Continental has been in the BIG League of the tire business for several years! It didnt just happen with the buyout of Hoosier Tire... Just saying...

(I guess I dont all was make my self clear) I meant Big league In racing, They Been adding a lot of tires to racing the last couple of years.. And now they make tires for all the racing sports....But this will make them bigger in the car field to ...I use a Continental way be for I use a Goodyear.... for my car....

old fan
10-05-2016, 06:10 PM
I didn't know the continental started with a M they were MICHILENS

Clayton_Wetter
10-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Top shelf!!!!!!!!

Hows your AIDS affliction coming along Bill?

fastford
10-05-2016, 06:36 PM
i may be mistaken, but dont continental have a plant(s) i china? maybe they are gone move hoosier there, may as well, every thing else seems to be headed there or mexico....

Slideways
10-05-2016, 06:39 PM
I used to run Continental tires, along with several other brands, back in my kart racing days.

I hope that they will just own Hoosier, and not try to change anything.

Cardirt0
10-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Tires they use in IMSA....Some classes all you can run is Continental.....
http://www.bimmerworld.com/Wheels-Tires/Tires/ very interesting

old fan
10-05-2016, 07:20 PM
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrSbDnikvVXIacALCNXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0b DQ1ajA3BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjE4NzlfMQRzZWM DcGl2cw--?p=how+hoosier+racing+builds+tires&fr=chr-yo_gc&fr2=piv-web#id=2&vid=0c9ef0f1d6ed4c07363daf9454ef1215&action=view d8id you notice is said hoosier / continental already and their are other sanctions besides IMSA with road course guys and they primarly have run hoosiers how would I know been to a dew scca events

abe_05
10-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Continental is A-1 company from top to bottom. I have a independent tire and auto repair shop. I have been a Continental-General dealer for 8 years now. Hoosier was making the racing tires for Continental so they had a good relationship for past several years. I am hopeful for good results for us racers.

AllenK
10-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Interesting news. I did notice the Continental Spec tire when I was watching a little bit of the Petit Le Mans from Road Atlanta

I just scored an amazing deal on 2 Continental DWS 06 tires for my wife's car. They did not have the front size at the website,but I had to act on the deal. Just need to get the two fronts now. The DWS06 is a VERY well regarded tire. I have never owned any Continentals,but this deal was too good to pass up.

Everyone said to spend the extra money and get Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3 or As/3 Plus,but the Contis were 2/3 cheaper. Also,they didn't have the Michelin in the same size as the fronts. They can't be THAT much better. General G MAx was rated highly as well.

My grandpa was a very non extravagant person,but he always splurged for Michelins.

President Clinton
10-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Hows your AIDS affliction coming along Bill?
Thanks to Obama care everything is cumming out just fine!

old fan
10-05-2016, 09:25 PM
with a obama care people can't aafford to buy rubbers lol as in racing tires

chupp n bloomer fan
10-05-2016, 10:20 PM
with a obama care people can't aafford to buy rubbers lol as in racing tiresProbably can't afford tires because of people milking the government from their sidewalk excursions.

old fan
10-05-2016, 10:37 PM
yeah have you recovered from your nasty fall

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-06-2016, 12:55 AM
Top shelf!!!!!!!!

Hey mr president if you wife wins the election are you going to get monica back in there too?

President Clinton
10-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Hey mr president if you wife wins the election are you going to get monica back in there too?

I am sure when my wife wins, we will be well staffed, and possibly find a position for Monica

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Do you think a desk job would be good for her or will she be low profile?

jog49
10-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Monica is part of the Presidental pit crew. She's in charge of the (lug) nuts and lube jobs!

abe_05
10-06-2016, 09:48 AM
Interesting news. I did notice the Continental Spec tire when I was watching a little bit of the Petit Le Mans from Road Atlanta

I just scored an amazing deal on 2 Continental DWS 06 tires for my wife's car. They did not have the front size at the website,but I had to act on the deal. Just need to get the two fronts now. The DWS06 is a VERY well regarded tire. I have never owned any Continentals,but this deal was too good to pass up.

Everyone said to spend the extra money and get Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3 or As/3 Plus,but the Contis were 2/3 cheaper. Also,they didn't have the Michelin in the same size as the fronts. They can't be THAT much better. General G MAx was rated highly as well.

My grandpa was a very non extravagant person,but he always splurged for Michelins.

I can say the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 is the best when it comes to performance !!! I have been twice to Continental's testing track and it is a unbelievable experience. We do head to head comparison with Michelin and all other leading brands. I was a little hesitate at first about believing the difference but tires where regularly changed out during the day so comparison was true. Michelin is a better mileage tire most of time but once you see for yourself the performance difference it made me a true believer in Continental-General. All of Conti-General lines are performance driven. Continental Cross Contact LX20 was top in performance for the everyday suv drivers also.

President Clinton
10-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Do you think a desk job would be good for her or will she be low profile?

I am sure I will have my own private server aka(Monica) so anything classified secret will remain under tight security

Cardirt0
10-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Looks Like this on has go off the Deep end .. Why do you all go play some were else...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Back to continental/hoosier tire. Sorry

a25rjr
10-06-2016, 02:02 PM
I am sure I will have my own private server aka(Monica) so anything classified secret will remain under tight security

Why does Trump say your wife sucks but you say she wont but Monica does?

chupp n bloomer fan
10-06-2016, 11:28 PM
yeah have you recovered from your nasty fallWtf are you talking about? It's not real hard, one foot in front of the other, and pay attention to wtf you are doing, unlike you.