PDA

View Full Version : Eldora lawsuit

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Looks like bloomer looking to loose in the hundreds of thousands of dollars against TS and gang.
With tonys dragging this out in court to make sure he gets into there pockets money wise. Would have lost less $ if he just sucked it up and continued on.
Cant wait till bloomer and the boys come draging back tryn to suck up.

old fan
10-09-2016, 07:54 PM
who would've thought of that

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Ts smarter than some think. He got plenty of play $ to spend

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Ts going to have a field day w this law suit!

fryefan
10-09-2016, 11:52 PM
Looks like bloomer looking to loose in the hundreds of thousands of dollars against TS and gang.
With tonys dragging this out in court to make sure he gets into there pockets money wise. Would have lost less $ if he just sucked it up and continued on.
Cant wait till bloomer and the boys come draging back tryn to suck up.

It is a frivolous lawsuit.

Necrosis
10-10-2016, 06:51 AM
I will say the Plaintiff's attorney really screwed the pooch with his "inartful pleadings". A 2nd year law student wouldn't have made such a rookie mistake as to not only correctly apply citizenships in a multi-jurisdictional lawsuit, the location of filing and the diversity of the parties being paramount to the Plaintiff's case, but then say what's tantamount to "yo judge, sorry bro, just ignore them jive turkeys, love ya babe!" Holy run on sentence.

Cardirt0
10-10-2016, 07:02 AM
What I have seen not a thing that they are about to give up....Frivolous If it was It would have been tossed by now and it has not...It was stared Knowing it would take time and and the defender spends more....

old fan
10-10-2016, 07:08 AM
what they are fighting for they are losing by fighting

gator 49
10-10-2016, 07:31 AM
what they are fighting for they are losing by fighting

Nobody wins except the lawyers.

old fan
10-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Nobody wins except the lawyers. you got that right

Bubstr
10-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Just wondering, does Eldora or WRG, have some kind of arbitration rule in their rule book? Most do and if so, it makes you wonder how much time, these 4 will get for that infraction and will they take that to court also? When you play hardball, everyone plays hardball. These guys may never race at Eldora, WOO or WRG again and Eldora would be happy with that. Do you want to do business with anyone that is litigious? Do these racers want to do business with anyone so unfair in their rules? They will be missed, but only a couple days a year.

It does make you wonder, why TS lawyers haven't filed for a change of venue. This happens in Ohio and it would drive the cost up on the plaintiffs. Sheppard was probably the smart one of the five and got out of the suit.

a25rjr
10-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Ha ha thats right im still here! If he dnt give a chit about eldora why does he keep coming back? He will care about it when he has no more crown jewel wins from there!
Ts going to cost bloomer more money than he thought he had!

Not if their lawyer took the case on contingency! Most do, on this large of a case!

We have a saying,here in the South for these type of "fights",....."let the hair go with the hide"!

just dust
10-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Ha ha thats right im still here! If he dnt give a chit about eldora why does he keep coming back? He will care about it when he has no more crown jewel wins from there!
Ts going to cost bloomer more money than he thought he had!

Jewels to the king when you have shelves of it , Money is what hes after .
He dont need crowns jewels . A rookie needs them . Eldora is just another track .
Besides he keeps his jewels in his pocket . long live the champ . When you have
all the tracks hes has won at , Edora is just another number . And how many
jewels does he have from there ,.

MI Dirt Fan
10-10-2016, 12:16 PM
I'm predicting Bloomquist, Owens and Thornton will come out victorious. Besides, neither of the 3 really need to race Eldora if they don't want to. I'm guessing all 3 will get about $3.5 mil in the end.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Jewels to the king when you have shelves of it , Money is what hes after .
He dont need crowns jewels . A rookie needs them . Eldora is just another track .
Besides he keeps his jewels in his pocket . long live the champ . When you have
all the tracks hes has won at , Edora is just another number . And how many
jewels does he have from there ,.

So then the dream and world dont pay enough if bloomers running for $. As you stated hes running for $ not jewels.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-10-2016, 12:36 PM
I'm predicting Bloomquist, Owens and Thornton will come out victorious. Besides, neither of the 3 really need to race Eldora if they don't want to. I'm guessing all 3 will get about $3.5 mil in the end.

They are not getting any thing but red azzed.

When all said and done they will need donuts to sit down on.

thinkstomuch
10-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Eldora and the sport of Late Models is bigger than these drivers, even Bloomer's ego. The sport and Eldora will live on without these guys there. You could reference the World 100 this year as proof. Everyone will forget these guys and it will cost them more than lawyers after this is over. You can't say that Eldora doesn't mean anything to Scott, that place is a key factor in his fame as well for the others. Eldora results can draw many dollars of sponsors and merchandise sales.

Centeroff
10-10-2016, 02:03 PM
I know a little something about that suit (evidence) that you all do not know! They are gonna win the suit no matter what attorney they have. It's open and shut. You think it's costing them money?? Fuk no! It's a class action suit. That means the attorney will work the case for free in hopes of getting 33 1/3 of the 16 million. My mother has worked in the law game for 35 years and that's how I know how a class action suit works. They are gonna win but not anywhere near 16 million. Tony can drag out whatever he wants and it's not costing these guys a penny. The day the suit is over all of these drivers will be welcomed to Eldora but I'm pretty sure there won't be any open arms. It costs money to race and unless you place top 5 you are more than likely losing money anyhow. Gonna step out on a limb and say these guys end up with a million a piece of their lucky but now its principal. What would you haters do if you were wrongly accused of a crime that you did not commit?? Would you roll over and go to jail or would you hire an attorney and go to war? The UMP and WRG have tarnished those guys reputation and cost them money and I hope they pay!

BTExpress
10-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Centeroff....I totally disagree. How are any of the driver's repuations tarnished? Did any of them lose a ride or even one sponsor over being disqualified? Did fans decide not to buy Bloomquist apparel because he was disqualified? I have not seen anyone saying "What should I buy a Bloomquist shirt or a McCreadie shirt? Ah that's right, Scott was disqualified, I'll buy a TMAC shirt instead". You have no proof that the lawyers are working on a contingency basis on this case either. Believe what you want.....but this is not a slam dunk for either side.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-10-2016, 02:39 PM
Centeroff....I totally disagree. How are any of the driver's repuations tarnished? Did any of them lose a ride or even one sponsor over being disqualified? Did fans decide not to buy Bloomquist apparel because he was disqualified? I have not seen anyone saying "What should I buy a Bloomquist shirt or a McCreadie shirt? Ah that's right, Scott was disqualified, I'll buy a TMAC shirt instead". You have no proof that the lawyers are working on a contingency basis on this case either. Believe what you want.....but this is not a slam dunk for either side.

I would see rumley and get his juice u looze shirt! Lmao

vande077
10-10-2016, 02:44 PM
I know a little something about that suit (evidence) that you all do not know! They are gonna win the suit no matter what attorney they have. It's open and shut. You think it's costing them money?? Fuk no! It's a class action suit. That means the attorney will work the case for free in hopes of getting 33 1/3 of the 16 million. My mother has worked in the law game for 35 years and that's how I know how a class action suit works. They are gonna win but not anywhere near 16 million. Tony can drag out whatever he wants and it's not costing these guys a penny. The day the suit is over all of these drivers will be welcomed to Eldora but I'm pretty sure there won't be any open arms. It costs money to race and unless you place top 5 you are more than likely losing money anyhow. Gonna step out on a limb and say these guys end up with a million a piece of their lucky but now its principal. What would you haters do if you were wrongly accused of a crime that you did not commit?? Would you roll over and go to jail or would you hire an attorney and go to war? The UMP and WRG have tarnished those guys reputation and cost them money and I hope they pay!

This is not a Class Action Suit. In order for that to happen they have to go through various legal dealings (including in front of a judge) to get it certified as a Class Action suit. At that point, the lawyers then have to find those damaged (the class) and then proceed. Class Action suits can take many, many years to even go to trial (very expensive for the lawyers if they are doing Pro Bono).

This is simply litigation with 5 (maybe 3 now) Plaintiffs. I personally don't think they will win if the jury uses any common sense (but look who our Presidential candidates are, it's obvious common sense no longer applies to anything).

a25rjr
10-10-2016, 02:46 PM
I would see rumley and get his juice u looze shirt! Lmao

Rumley better get some of Bloomers juice, he's lost plenty! :)

Pennsboro23
10-10-2016, 02:46 PM

Yeah, Scott has never been busted for tires before. Him and Jimmy have been notorious tire cheaters.

3 wide
10-10-2016, 02:54 PM
They don't have a chance of winning this is open an shut everybody else weighed on the same scales plus did they not weigh after the heat races and for the people that think the scales need to be certified what joke your not selling produce or meat to the public.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Rumley better get some of Bloomers juice, he's lost plenty! :)

Hey look who finishd 2nd in lucas points. 1st place was taken mos ago

just dust
10-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Eldora and the sport of Late Models is bigger than these drivers, even Bloomer's ego. The sport and Eldora will live on without these guys there. You could reference the World 100 this year as proof. Everyone will forget these guys and it will cost them more than lawyers after this is over. You can't say that Eldora doesn't mean anything to Scott, that place is a key factor in his fame as well for the others. Eldora results can draw many dollars of sponsors and merchandise sales.

No doubt Eldora is bigger than any racer . If you read what I said was , they
don't need Eldora . Sure because the man that owns Eldora can keep them away ,
don't mean they don't want go there, and does not mean they don't want to be there .
but there are a few tracks that mean just as much to them . Like I said they ,
don't need Eldora . And Bloomquist is not lacking sponsors .

a25rjr
10-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Hey look who finishd 2nd in lucas points. 1st place was taken mos ago

Yeah, but you gotta admit, he hasn't ran good the past few months.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Yeah, but you gotta admit, he hasn't ran good the past few months.

No doubt hes been off for a while now. Dk what happened besides missing a little luck. Bloomer def on his game along w his tricks that lucas wont do anythg about.

cutman
10-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Did Saterlee drop out of the suit?

TS FAN
10-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Lets try for analysis without being a TS fan or Bloomer fan. I certainly like TS, but in this case, I could care less who wins. But I have a lot of legal experience and I will leave it at that. This is about getting a settlement. Some Lawyers will sue anyone if they think they have a shot at getting any kind of a settlement. They hope that the defendants decide not go through an expensive trial and pony up some loot. I really do not see a case that wins before a jury, though. I really would be surprised if it gets that far. I am not predicting what will happen as far as settling or not. To think that Eldora has never given anything thought to something like this happening, would be foolish. They are prepared IMO

just dust
10-10-2016, 03:10 PM
When you offer payment for a prize , service or product , and weights and measures are the results
that are equated for the payment , you better bet certified matters . The lawyers will win .
How much we will see . But when you go to court 65% of the time lawyers will settle for less .
And so it goes.

TS FAN
10-10-2016, 03:22 PM
This is an interesting case. If somehow, there is money paid to the plaintiffs, IMO, meaning settlement, it will change completely how tracks operate concerning rules. Still doubt it goes to trial and if it does, I do not see a victory for plaintiffs. We will just have to see, though

zach51
10-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Question for somebody that hangs out at Bloomers shop every night, I know there are at least 200-300 of you on here lol. Is Bloomer going to run Charlotte or is he gonna say screw um and stay home and get ready for Phenix City?

cutman
10-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Question for somebody that hangs out at Bloomers shop every night, I know there are at least 200-300 of you on here lol. Is Bloomer going to run Charlotte or is he gonna say screw um and stay home and get ready for Phenix City?

He's not welcomed at charlotte

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-10-2016, 03:52 PM

If he goes to charlotte he will be watching from the grandstands

zach51
10-10-2016, 04:05 PM
I thought that after the 3 month period between the Dream and World he was free to run WRG stuff but I guess I was mistaken. The important fact that the lawsuit may have changed that must have gotten lost in all of the other BS that I didn't bother pilfering through. Interesting. Thanks!

old fan
10-10-2016, 04:08 PM
How many tracks are certified

dirtdobber45
10-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Rumley better get some of Bloomers juice, he's lost plenty! :)He needs more than that.

kidrock
10-10-2016, 06:48 PM
I'm going to guess in this case the scales not being certified will not factor into the judgement.

superstock79
10-10-2016, 07:34 PM
I know that the LARGEST part of the keyboard warriors on here have never been an actual driver of a car, much less even been on a team, had any of u actually been close to the sign in sheet every week, u would have seen that when u sign in, it says in black and white that u must make weight for your given class ON THE TRACKS SCALE, u may go check your car ANYTIME u would like before the event begins, or anytime throughout the evening to ensure u r at the proper weight when u pull on the track for your event.

old fan
10-10-2016, 07:41 PM
I have but what decade I helped a number of times over the years

zyoung25
10-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Did Saterlee drop out of the suit?

I think Gregg is wanting to drop out, but his old man doesn't feel the same way. Gregg made a tweet the week of the world that made me think he was wanting to drop out of this whole deal.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-10-2016, 07:47 PM
I know that the LARGEST part of the keyboard warriors on here have never been an actual driver of a car, much less even been on a team, had any of u actually been close to the sign in sheet every week, u would have seen that when u sign in, it says in black and white that u must make weight for your given class ON THE TRACKS SCALE, u may go check your car ANYTIME u would like before the event begins, or anytime throughout the evening to ensure u r at the proper weight when u pull on the track for your event.

Thank you!

plain and simple right there. Jury dismissed!

zach51
10-10-2016, 07:51 PM
But Bloomer was late and had to skim through the fine print lol. (JK don't get panties in a wad)

Highside Hustler25
10-10-2016, 08:29 PM
He's not welcomed at charlotte

I stated your exact facts in one of the earlier threads. Some refuse to accept the facts. You can download the entry form from Eldora's website. It's all in black and white.

Josh Bayko
10-10-2016, 08:47 PM

You have no idea what you're talking about. Absolutely none.

blncfn57
10-10-2016, 09:00 PM
When you offer payment for a prize , service or product , and weights and measures are the results
that are equated for the payment , you better bet certified matters . The lawyers will win .
How much we will see . But when you go to court 65% of the time lawyers will settle for less .
And so it goes.

No, that is NOT how it works. Talk with the state of Ohio, dept of agriculture/ weights and measures and they will correct you're thinking. Scale would only need to be certified IF the were BUYING or SELLING the car by the weight. Call them yourself and ask.... I did.

kidrock
10-10-2016, 09:05 PM
No, that is NOT how it works. Talk with the state of Ohio, dept of agriculture/ weights and measures and they will correct you're thinking. Scale would only need to be certified IF the were BUYING or SELLING the car by the weight. Call them yourself and ask.... I did.

And you sir are exactly correct. The outcome will have nothing to do with if the scales are certified or not.

Centeroff
10-10-2016, 11:47 PM
http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/08/26/racers-seek-millions-for-faulty-disqualifications.htm Read the next to last paragraph. 2 samples tested differently. He was then told that his tire did meet the benchmark. Like I said, open and shut. I will not tell you what else I know but there is plenty more where that came from.

chopter
10-11-2016, 04:50 AM
I stated your exact facts in one of the earlier threads. Some refuse to accept the facts. You can download the entry form from Eldora's website. It's all in black and white.

Scale still needs to be accurate.

Highside Hustler25
10-11-2016, 05:13 AM
Scale still needs to be accurate.

It was accurate. For everyone in the house that weekend. Except for Scott. Things that make ya go hmmmm.

old fan
10-11-2016, 07:09 AM
AND WHAT IS HE DOING FILING THE SUIT Bloomquist was deprived of cash winnings, fines, and as a result of the suspension levied by WRG, is deprived of the opportunity to race for three months impacting his ability to earn a living," he claims. "Further, his reputation, as a sports celebrity, has been damaged, which impacts his ability to market himself to fans and potential sponsors." DOES HE WANT TO RACE OR PLAY LAWYER

old fan
10-11-2016, 07:11 AM
Scale still needs to be accurate WHY WHEN MOST THE RACERS WERE PROBABLY 50 TO 75 IF NOT MORE LBS HEAVY

Barbecueboy
10-11-2016, 08:50 AM
Scale still needs to be accurate WHY WHEN MOST THE RACERS WERE PROBABLY 50 TO 75 IF NOT MORE LBS HEAVY

Some thought they were at least that heavy but came in lighter than they expected.......ask them.

I'm happy something good has started to come from all of this......and that is that folks are addressing the tire rules.

IMO, at the end of the day the drivers will win a little money,some hands will be slapped , some rules tightened up and racing will continue.

The predictions of a DLM impending zombie apocalypse have been highly exaggerated.

just dust
10-11-2016, 10:06 AM

They wont correct my thinking , as own a salvage yard . I buy cars and trucks daily.
What you dony understand that if a business charges money for anything that is
calculated on such as a scale for payment , the lawyers will win that case . I have gone
through this with lawyers . They will make the case . Mot the people that certified the scales .
They may not win in total . but will settle . And tony has no say to what the judge will do .

Cardirt0
10-11-2016, 10:25 AM
They Might,Then they Might not,Or they can or they can not, They will or they will not, If the Judge has the Final say no one know what will happen.....

cutman
10-11-2016, 10:43 AM
They wont correct my thinking , as own a salvage yard . I buy cars and trucks daily.
calculated on such as a scale for payment , the lawyers will win that case . I have gone
through this with lawyers . They will make the case . Mot the people that certified the scales .
They may not win in total . but will settle . And tony has no say to what the judge will do .

What was Eldora charging the drivers?

Highside Hustler25
10-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Scott told me at Knoxville he doesn't give a fuk if he ever turns another lap at Eldora... said fuk tony, Eldora, and WRG.

A lot of race fans feel the same way.

just dust
10-11-2016, 12:20 PM
What was Eldora charging the drivers?

This is where lawyers get involved . When a track puts a add out that they
are having an event for lets say money, and then charges you a admission fee ,
when you enter the event, whether you have a car or what ever. Then they
make their selves liable. To pay or is it a fraud . That's where the lawyers will
eat this up . Now this is where the scales come in , because that is one of the
conditions of the factor of the case . And whats worse is that some made it
some didn't . and there is the problem .

cutman
10-11-2016, 12:39 PM
This is where lawyers get involved . When a track puts a add out that they
are having an event for lets say money, and then charges you a admission fee ,
when you enter the event, whether you have a car or what ever. Then they
make their selves liable. To pay or is it a fraud . That's where the lawyers will
eat this up . Now this is where the scales come in , because that is one of the
conditions of the factor of the case . And whats worse is that some made it
some didn't . and there is the problem .

Who are the some that didn't? I only remember one.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-11-2016, 07:16 PM
In scotts law suit he states his repitation is getting ruined, well tonys got a video of him from a few yrs ago in charlotte riding around giving the fans the bird! Real professional!

kidrock
10-11-2016, 07:19 PM
In scotts law suit he states his repitation is getting ruined, well tonys got a video of him from a few yrs ago in charlotte riding around giving the fans the bird! Real professional!

Well then maybe he should quit cheating and his reputation wouldn't get ruined

Clayton_Wetter
10-11-2016, 07:39 PM

You keep missing the point. The charges are that the scales were inaccurate and not calibrated in accordance to state law. No track trumps state laws.

3 wide
10-11-2016, 07:48 PM
They don't have to be calibrated that is why most drivers weigh before they race for the last time they are not selling anything by weight to the public that is the only time it matters same thing if you are selling by volume that's gasoline most of the time.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-11-2016, 07:51 PM
Sideways your a nothing but a fukn hater. You can flip off whoever and whenever you want. Tony is the king of drama and can't get out of his own way in NASCAR. Your gonna take up for a fatas$ madman, murderer??! Really? Tony killed an innocent kid after he crashed him. Tony Stewart deserves to pay. Do you think it's a coincidence the trial will go down in the area where Tony purposely killed that kid?. Scott just keep proving how smart he actually is by taking the case to New York! If Tony wasn't a celebrity and didn't have money he would still be in prison for 2nd degree murder!

Ahhhh looks like you hate TS more than u love bloomer....
HIT A NERVE?

old fan
10-11-2016, 07:54 PM
They may get more than they bargained for

blncfn57
10-11-2016, 08:37 PM

LMAO, as you stated, you BUY and SELL the car by the weight!!!!! The track scale is used for rule enforcement, not a SALE

Clayton_Wetter
10-11-2016, 08:59 PM
LMAO, as you stated, you BUY and SELL the car by the weight!!!!! The track scale is used for rule enforcement, not a SALE

How can it enforce rules if it is not calibrated and accurate. Big E going down!!! hahahahahahaa

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-11-2016, 09:02 PM
how can it enforce rules if it is not calibrated and accurate. Big e going down!!! Hahahahahahaa

nobody else had an issue w the scale. Only 1 driver had a problem

old fan
10-11-2016, 09:08 PM
not one driver was even close to coming up light at this years world sorry clayton your boy screwed up

Clayton_Wetter
10-11-2016, 09:26 PM
not one driver was even close to coming up light at this years world sorry clayton your boy screwed up

Of course they weren't. They wanted to look good and MADE them all okay. :) Old Fang you are soooo gullible!!! hhhaaahahahaaa

Centeroff
10-11-2016, 10:36 PM
According to LM live the Tiregate trial will take place in the exact courtroom as the Stewart bs Ward trial. Very smart play by the plaintiffs. Tony hasn't made many friends in upstate NY.

old fan
10-12-2016, 06:10 AM
if it gets that far besides didn't Tony win , they also said it may take 3 or 4 years that's a lot of racing those guys will miss and less trinkets being sold

Barbecueboy
10-12-2016, 07:28 AM

A rule enforcement that determines if you get paid or not.......I know we disagree and I realize you have called the state, but just don't think it's going to work out for the track in the end.......

It just seems strange that every scale in Ohio that weighs truckers going up and down the road is certified and accurate ( including the trucks carrying the race cars) , but then you get to the track and all bets are off?

Again, I know we disagree on this.......

Barbecueboy
10-12-2016, 07:31 AM

But several surprisingly did at the actual event that is being discussed...........this year has nothing to do with it.

Keep up stymie

old fan
10-12-2016, 07:33 AM
what does track scales prevail mean that weekend he had 3 days to make sure it made track scales numbers but he was to lazy to find out plus he had to make weight earlier in the weekend to make the Amain correct

old fan
10-12-2016, 07:46 AM
again what does track scales prevail bbq brat

cutman
10-12-2016, 08:12 AM
A rule enforcement that determines if you get paid or not.......I know we disagree and I realize you have called the state, but just don't think it's going to work out for the track in the end.......

It just seems strange that every scale in Ohio that weighs truckers going up and down the road is certified and accurate ( including the trucks carrying the race cars) , but then you get to the track and all bets are off?

Lol, those trucks carrying the race cars aren't stopping at weigh stations

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-12-2016, 08:19 AM
what does track scales prevail mean that weekend he had 3 days to make sure it made track scales numbers but he was to lazy to find out plus he had to make weight earlier in the weekend to make the Amain correct

Did bloomer come up light on purpose for this reason? Just wondering

chopter
10-12-2016, 09:16 AM
It was accurate. For everyone in the house that weekend. Except for Scott. Things that make ya go hmmmm.

Everyone exceeding a minimum weight requirement doesnt make the scale accurate.

fastford
10-12-2016, 09:20 AM
d@mn old fan, jimmy has one official blimp on his record and you lump him into the biggest cheater in the sport, ive try to stay out of this , being its kind of between you and the bloomer fans, but i dont think jimmy deserves that label.......

Barbecueboy
10-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Lol, those trucks carrying the race cars aren't stopping at weigh stations

Is that just in Ohio?

Barbecueboy
10-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Sorry if I was mistaken, but I thought depending on the size of the rig or the rig configuration.....similar to blankenships a while back had to obey the same dot laws.......and go through the weigh stations.

Learned something new today......

Clamped
10-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Everyone exceeding a minimum weight requirement doesnt make the scale accurate.It's refreshing to see someone utilizing critical thinking skills on 4m.

just dust
10-12-2016, 10:16 AM

Your missing the point . The weight matters only because its the part of the equation
for payment to the winner . Scales are used for the results . Not for buying anything
in this case . They are using the scales in part for total qualification for a winners purse .
If you were buying tomatoes , you use it for produce . But when you offer prize
money that's a horse of a different color . You are using scales on a different basis . Geeee
i don't care who wins . But like i said lawyers will love this no matter how long it takes.

flagone
10-12-2016, 10:33 AM
My thoughts on the scale issue are this

Lawyers will argue that by weighing previously on the same scale and making weight and not challenging the accuracy of weight/scale at that time you have accepted the scales accuracy. Scott finished 2nd in his heat and crossed the scales to transfer to the feature. You have agreed by the entry blank contract at that point both by signature and by action. And as there is no specific statue of requirement for auto racing they can argue that the principles do not apply to this case.

Regarding haulers. DOT generally does not require registered RVs to stop at weight stations. If the hauler is registered as an RV they can bypass it. I have been stopped in a toter and had to prove that it was an RV. In addition to the registration I allowed the officer to look inside the vehicle and see it's bathroom lol.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-12-2016, 10:39 AM

Lawyers will argue that by weighing previously on the same scale and making weight and not challenging the accuracy of weight/scale at that time you have accepted the scales accuracy. Scott finished 2nd in his heat and crossed the scales to transfer to the feature. You have agreed by the entry blank contract at that point both by signature and by action. And as there is no specific statue of requirement for auto racing they can argue that the principles do not apply to this case.

Regarding haulers. DOT generally does not require registered RVs to stop at weight stations. If the hauler is registered as an RV they can bypass it. I have been stopped in a toter and had to prove that it was an RV. In addition to the registration I allowed the officer to look inside the vehicle and see it's bathroom lol.

Case dismissed.

chopter
10-12-2016, 10:56 AM

Why would you question the accuracy of a scale if you made weight?

flagone
10-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Exactly. You made weight on the scale and had no issue with its accuracy.

blncfn57
10-12-2016, 11:30 AM

Does it not seem odd that this lawsuit over the scale incident was promised for almost a year, yet not filed until the tire deal? Surely if there was merit enough for that alone it would have been filed long ago. I'm not saying he won't win, the court system seems like a gamble these days no matter what the circumstances. Under the right circumstances, if you throw enough accusations at something you may create an image of that person or place in which can win you the case. You can also get the right judge or jury that can win you the case. Heck, OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murder....... lol

Scale certification really means nothing in essence. If you have your scale certified using 2500lbs it is only guaranteed to be within a certain percentage at 2500 lbs. When you weigh something that weighs anything but 2500lbs on that scale, the error percentage is higher. So, say the scale at eldora was certified (idk if it actually was or not) what would you want it calibrated at? they race sprint cars that are 1400lbs and street stocks that prolly weigh around 3500lbs and several between. The scale is not going to be accurate for someone in this example, certified or not.

Yes, we disagree, but what fun would it be if everyone thought the same way? lol

Barbecueboy
10-12-2016, 11:36 AM
I really don't know what to think anymore on the scale deal..........just by using a tiny bit of logic I could see it both ways...but everybody knows logic doesn't always apply in a court of law.

My beef was always with the tire scenario.......and they are trying to improve that finally.

Small steps are better than no steps IMO......

Barbecueboy
10-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Does it not seem odd that this lawsuit over the scale incident was promised for almost a year, yet not filed until the tire deal? Surely if there was merit enough for that alone it would have been filed long ago. I'm not saying he won't win, the court system seems like a gamble these days no matter what the circumstances. Under the right circumstances, if you throw enough accusations at something you may create an image of that person or place in which can win you the case. You can also get the right judge or jury that can win you the case. Heck, OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murder....... lol

Scale certification really means nothing in essence. If you have your scale certified using 2500lbs it is only guaranteed to be within a certain percentage at 2500 lbs. When you weigh something that weighs anything but 2500lbs on that scale, the error percentage is higher. So, say the scale at eldora was certified (idk if it actually was or not) what would you want it calibrated at? they race sprint cars that are 1400lbs and street stocks that prolly weigh around 3500lbs and several between. The scale is not going to be accurate for someone in this example, certified or not.

Yes, we disagree, but what fun would it be if everyone thought the same way? lol

I think scale certification are based on tolerances by percentage of actual weight being measured......could be wrong on that though.

Don't think it would really matter what each of the cars weighed per class as long as the scale could handle the maximum weight.

If they allow for a ( 1% tolerance as an example) car weighing 2000 lbs will have a lower total weight tolerance number than a car weighing 3000 pounds......ill be the first to admit though, I'm not real sure about how it all should go moving forward.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Lucas oil says you CAN NOT protest tires. That is to cover you know who!

just dust
10-12-2016, 01:01 PM

Track scales prevail nothing in a court of law . Eldora don't make the law . The issue
of a scam is the where the law comes in . Now it may not be a scam . but the judge
will decide . ( like someone said , the law trumps tony . ) and this very well maybe
a case for the law . Here's one for you, ask about the 50/50 money , The gaming
commission will tell about the law . See if Tony's rule is trump then . Even though
Tony owns the property the law is the law .

Barbecueboy
10-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Track scales prevail nothing in a court of law . Eldora don't make the law . The issue
of a scam is the where the law comes in . Now it may not be a scam . but the judge
will decide . ( like someone said , the law trumps tony . ) and this very well maybe
a case for the law . Here's one for you, ask about the 50/50 money , The gaming
commission will tell about the law . See if Tony's rule is trump then . Even though
Tony owns the property the law is the law .

I always wondered how all that huge 50/50 was handled.......tax wise.

Figured it would have something to do wth the gaming commission but never was real sure.

zach51
10-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Maybe somebody has already mentioned it, but obviously the tire situation is what set this suit off. Bloomer merely included the scale situation just for fun and another legal dig at Eldora. And for the record, I don't care who wins. It isn't affecting my life either way. Maybe Bloomer can go back to running Hooters Pro Cup on Eldora weekends since he was so good in that series. Oh wait, they don't exist anymore.

Clayton_Wetter
10-12-2016, 05:26 PM

The track had many days to have certified calibrated scales FANG. Now put a sock in it. :)

Bubstr
10-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
Exactly. You made weight on the scale and had no issue with its accuracy.

You know what? I think that way of thinking is totally lacking.

I believe this way of thinking is dead on. Making weight on the track scales is a condition of entry. It should be checked by any responsible race team before the race and if there is a discrepancy, it should be sighted at that time. Not after your ballast fell off or was forgotten to be installed before the race. These scales here available to all the racers before and in between races that evening. There is no good excuse for weighing light that night. The law suit is a Weasel way of doing things and Scott did more to damage his reputation by filing, it than WRG did by disqualifying him.

old fan
10-12-2016, 06:58 PM
no making the correct weight before hitting the track if you think they weigh 2300 lbs at the beginning of the race I HAVE A BRIDGE TO SELL YOU

old fan
10-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Just wondering, does Eldora or WRG, have some kind of arbitration rule in their rule book? Most do and if so, it makes you wonder how much time, these 4 will get for that infraction and will they take that to court also? When you play hardball, everyone plays hardball. These guys may never race at Eldora, WOO or WRG again and Eldora would be happy with that. Do you want to do business with anyone that is litigious? Do these racers want to do business with anyone so unfair in their rules? They will be missed, but only a couple days a year. It does make you wonder, why TS lawyers haven't filed for a change of venue. This happens in Ohio and it would drive the cost up on the plaintiffs. Sheppard was probably the smart one of the five and got out of the suit. arbitration has already past

dirtdobber45
10-12-2016, 08:03 PM
Quote Originally Posted by flagone View PostExactly. You made weight on the scale and had no issue with its accuracy.I believe this way of thinking is dead on. Making weight on the track scales is a condition of entry. It should be checked by any responsible race team before the race and if there is a discrepancy, it should be sighted at that time. Not after your ballast fell off or was forgotten to be installed before the race. These scales here available to all the racers before and in between races that evening. There is no good excuse for weighing light that night. The law suit is a Weasel way of doing things and Scott did more to damage his reputation by filing, it than WRG did by disqualifying him.Its a little fishy that he made weight the first two days and not the last. I could see it if he forgot to put all the fuel in it but it looks like he wouldve ran out before the end of the race. Its a little fishy on whats been going on at Eldora the last couple of years...maybe Tony or WRG is picking and choosing like their the puppet master..lol

old fan
10-12-2016, 08:14 PM
no maybe he messed up and playing it to close to weight limit will get you burnt

chopter
10-12-2016, 08:17 PM

Just guessing here but they waited to file til after the scales were tested again waiting for the results.

kidrock
10-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Its a little fishy that he made weight the first two days and not the last. I could see it if he forgot to put all the fuel in it but it looks like he wouldve ran out before the end of the race. Its a little fishy on whats been going on at Eldora the last couple of years...maybe Tony or WRG is picking and choosing like their the puppet master..lol

That's a bunch of BS everyone else made weight. If more had not made weight then I could see that but, that wasn't the case. Kind of funny how everyone else made weight but, now all of a sudden the scales must be off. I don't buy it. To say they did it on purpose because it was Scott that's a far stretch don't you think.

flagone
10-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Now I remember why I don't offer many opinions on this board anymore. Sad.

old fan
10-13-2016, 06:11 AM
that scales doesn't know who is on it either you made weight or not

Necrosis
10-13-2016, 08:52 AM
Now I remember why I don't offer many opinions on this board anymore. Sad.Just remember, the IBC (Idiot Banter Club) may be the majority of the postings, but they certainly do not speak for the rest of us. Some of us appreciate a well thought out post from someone who knows what they're talking about. Thank you.

Bubstr
10-13-2016, 09:32 AM
Its a little fishy that he made weight the first two days and not the last. I could see it if he forgot to put all the fuel in it but it looks like he wouldve ran out before the end of the race. Its a little fishy on whats been going on at Eldora the last couple of years...maybe Tony or WRG is picking and choosing like their the puppet master..lol

I can see ways this could happen. There was a different track and length of race for the night he was light. Quite a few change weight placement positions for slick or longer races. Any time you loosen that weight, you have a chance of a mistake. Don't put it back on. Forget locktite and it comes loose. The most stupid is not checking it with the scale after any change. If they can forget a tool box or how long it takes to get to a track, they can forget 20lbs of weight. Mistakes happen. In between races at these big events, excitement is high and endorphin are flowing. That is the time a nut flies down the carb. I saw a guy who was asked a question at just the right time, start buttoning up a quick change with out a gear in it. He even argued there was one in there, till he turned the tire. Mistakes happen all the time.

birky time
10-13-2016, 10:03 AM
I can see ways this could happen. There was a different track and length of race for the night he was light. Quite a few change weight placement positions for slick or longer races. Any time you loosen that weight, you have a chance of a mistake. Don't put it back on. Forget locktite and it comes loose. The most stupid is not checking it with the scale after any change. If they can forget a tool box or how long it takes to get to a track, they can forget 20lbs of weight. Mistakes happen. In between races at these big events, excitement is high and endorphin are flowing. That is the time a nut flies down the carb. I saw a guy who was asked a question at just the right time, start buttoning up a quick change with out a gear in it. He even argued there was one in there, till he turned the tire. Mistakes happen all the time.

he was tore up from the floor up and forgot

dirtdobber45
10-13-2016, 11:03 AM
That's a bunch of BS everyone else made weight. If more had not made weight then I could see that but, that wasn't the case. Kind of funny how everyone else made weight but, now all of a sudden the scales must be off. I don't buy it. To say they did it on purpose because it was Scott that's a far stretch don't you think.
I can see ways this could happen. There was a different track and length of race for the night he was light. Quite a few change weight placement positions for slick or longer races. Any time you loosen that weight, you have a chance of a mistake. Don't put it back on. Forget locktite and it comes loose. The most stupid is not checking it with the scale after any change. If they can forget a tool box or how long it takes to get to a track, they can forget 20lbs of weight. Mistakes happen. In between races at these big events, excitement is high and endorphin are flowing. That is the time a nut flies down the carb. I saw a guy who was asked a question at just the right time, start buttoning up a quick change with out a gear in it. He even argued there was one in there, till he turned the tire. Mistakes happen all the time.It was just a theory fellas. lol And yes mistakes happen all the time. I remember one time we were changing carbs and we stuck a rag down the intake to keep dirt out in the process and forgot it lol

Clayton_Wetter
10-13-2016, 04:36 PM
no making the correct weight before hitting the track if you think they weigh 2300 lbs at the beginning of the race I HAVE A BRIDGE TO SELL YOU

How do you make the correct weight if the scales are off? Come on FANG, start thinking!!! :)

a25rjr
10-13-2016, 04:47 PM
I think some of you keyboard racers don't pay attention. If you watched all the W100 ppvs, you would have noticed that all the racers weighed 36-71 lbs heavy. It sure is funny to me, that those numbers correspond to one of the claims of the lawsuit (31-67 lbs lite).

Being involved in racing for 25 years, I have NEVER saw racecars weigh that much over the minimum. No racer in his right mind, would ever give that much away!

kidrock
10-13-2016, 06:51 PM
It was just a theory fellas. lol And yes mistakes happen all the time. I remember one time we were changing carbs and we stuck a rag down the intake to keep dirt out in the process and forgot it lol

Ok I get it, one time my brother and cousin put the quick steer on backwards and my brother had is hands full driving the car until one of our friends figured out what happened lol

chopter
10-13-2016, 08:10 PM
that scales doesn't know who is on it either you made weight or not

That scale also needs to be calibrated and accurate.

old fan
10-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Then so does every track in the nation every size and shape and what would do with the portable scales hmmmm

Krooser
10-13-2016, 09:11 PM
I don't have any real favorites in racing other than Foyt and Dale Sr but I can tell you that that an occasional positive attitude and a nice smile during a post-race interview would go along way to bringing Bloomer more fans.... not that he needs them or really cares. He's just not a people person... and that's OK. It's his life, he's been successful and he make's lots of $$$. Is he happy? Only he can say....

lazyifoto
10-15-2016, 03:48 PM
Tony needs to have a concrete slug poured that weighs 20 lbs less than the legal winning scale weight and do a "test" weigh before the feature starts. Then add the weight in 2 pound increments until the legal winning weight is achieved and he can set the win/lose weight issue to bed. After the feature is over if there are any contested weight issues then they would re-weigh the slug then the car in question. .....end result the slug wins....

Nasty55
10-15-2016, 04:03 PM
Tony needs to have a concrete slug poured that weighs 20 lbs less than the legal winning scale weight and do a "test" weigh before the feature starts. Then add the weight in 2 pound increments until the legal winning weight is achieved and he can set the win/lose weight issue to bed. After the feature is over if there are any contested weight issues then they would re-weigh the slug then the car in question. .....end result the slug wins....

You are correct lazifoto that would cure the weight issue for sure and then no one would have anymore excuses as to why they were lite at the scales..

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-15-2016, 06:36 PM
That's cool SS no problem man just A friendly reminder of what he is all about was all bud... But i forgot you been here awhile so you know all about ol litey now dont ya.... Anyway man hows your boy gonna look in a Longhorn now?

Are you talkn about t mac?

Nasty55
10-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Are you talkn about t mac?

Yeah isnt he in a new Longhorn this weekend? or is he still in the Rocket?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Yeah isnt he in a new Longhorn this weekend? or is he still in the Rocket?

He purchased new longhorns over winter and been racing all yr in them that why hes been running better. I hope the house car deal make him better but idk.

Nasty55
10-15-2016, 07:51 PM
He purchased new longhorns over winter and been racing all yr in them that why hes been running better. I hope the house car deal make him better but idk.

Shows how much attention ive been paying to T-Mac this season Ive not really even followed Jimmy much because i have been dealing with so much health stuff...

old fan
10-15-2016, 08:12 PM
he's been running better because he doesn' t run against Richards etc

dirtdobber45
10-15-2016, 08:38 PM
I hope the house car deal make him better but idk.Is that a for sure thing? Thought they wasnt going to have one?

dirtdobber45
10-15-2016, 09:17 PM
he's been running better because he doesn' t run against Richards etcYeah he runs against the BEST now

dirtdobber45
10-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Shows how much attention ive been paying to T-Mac this season Ive not really even followed Jimmy much because i have been dealing with so much health stuff...Jimmys doing a little better since he switched chassis. Hope your ok bud

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-16-2016, 12:48 AM
Is that a for sure thing? Thought they wasnt going to have one?

That was house car in test at chrlt.

old fan
10-16-2016, 01:00 AM
Looks like a pair of rockets kicked some ass tonight

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-16-2016, 01:11 AM
Looks like a pair of rockets kicked some ass tonight

Bout the same as longhorn

Nasty55
10-16-2016, 02:04 AM
Jimmys doing a little better since he switched chassis. Hope your ok bud

Yeah i knew he was doing better with the new chassis bud i just wasnt sure where he was at in points at this point of the yr is all... I'll send you a message tomorrow and let you know whats going on with the health brother..

dirtdobber45
10-16-2016, 09:25 AM
That was house car in test at chrlt.You sure that wasnt a decal covering an open space or his way of saying thanx to longhorn

dirtdobber45
10-16-2016, 11:08 AM
Dumb azz it has jri shock decal on it also. Tmac doesnt run them.Maybe he was trying new shocks? The reason Im getting at is that at one time Longhorn said they wouldnt have a 'in-house driver' cause they wanted all their customers on the same page and didnt wanted them to feel slighted

onlyfacts
10-18-2016, 02:49 PM
How long will this suit go on? I think the chances of Bloomquist and company winning is about the same as winning the lottery if you never buy a ticket. And if you do buy one ticket you have a 1000% better chance than these guys.

Nasty55
10-18-2016, 03:08 PM
How long will this suit go on? I think the chances of Bloomquist and company winning is about the same as winning the lottery if you never buy a ticket. And if you do buy one ticket you have a 1000% better chance than these guys.

Exactly Onlyfacts... They will lose this suit and walk away with tails between their legs....

Clayton_Wetter
10-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Dang!! No old fang posts! How can this thread survive??? :)

HoosierDirtFan
10-18-2016, 06:22 PM
STRAIT FROM THE ELDORA SPEEDWAY FACEBOOK PAGE.
NEWS: Disqualified drivers withdraw lawsuit, case dismissed by Federal Court.

2017 ticket renewals begin today.

SprintFun
10-18-2016, 06:23 PM
EldoraSpeedway ‏@EldoraSpeedway 11m11 minutes ago
NEWS: Disqualified Drivers Withdraw Lawsuit; Case Dismissed By Federal Court

Their link to the press release isnt working right now...

Zero2Hero
10-18-2016, 07:13 PM
Man this thread was a waste. Thanks for a good read guys!! lmao

fireplug
10-18-2016, 09:42 PM
I always wondered how all that huge 50/50 was handled.......tax wise.

Figured it would have something to do wth the gaming commission but never was real sure.

The Legend I had heard over the years was that Earl ran a 50-50 to supplement the driver's point fund. After a big Winner's share, the Feds stopped by and mentioned that you have to be a 501 C3 non-profit to run a game of chance plus you can't do that in conjunction with a liquor license unless you are a casino licensed to do same. Today at Eldora you see local fire and EMS, athletic boosters, etc., running the 50-50's. Good for them, good for the crowd. Betting they are 501 C3's that issue a 1099 to the winner.

Not a lawyer but I played one on TV.

calverton
10-18-2016, 10:01 PM
the lawsuit is not completely done they re moving to different venue my is source DirtonDirt

a25rjr
10-19-2016, 02:00 PM
Dang!! No old fang posts! How can this thread survive??? :)

You spoke too soon! lol

Clayton_Wetter
10-19-2016, 04:40 PM
You spoke too soon! lol

Yes I sure did!!! :)