PDA

View Full Version : ? About the DTWC

BIGSTEVE00
10-12-2016, 10:57 AM
I've been looking at the format for the DTWC @ PRP and seen that they are doing the passing points thing again this year. I see that on Friday that they are having qualifying heats. My question is how are they lining up these heat races? Are they doing a pill draw or are they gonna time the cars in hot laps? Just wondering so I don't miss anything. Thanks in advance for any answers.

birky time
10-12-2016, 11:02 AM
I think they do it by the way they arrive in order....don't quote me on that tho

GEAR_HEAD
10-12-2016, 11:58 AM
They line up the heats the same way they do it for the North/South I believe. Pill draw for round 1 then the second round starting positions are inverted.

Bubstr
10-12-2016, 06:48 PM
I believe it is like Gear-Head said. In the second heat, they will not race with the same cars and if you started first in the first heat, you ill start last in the second heat. You get points for finish position and for each car passed. This is what really makes this race worth going to.

birky time
10-13-2016, 08:49 AM
I believe it is like Gear-Head said. In the second heat, they will not race with the same cars and if you started first in the first heat, you ill start last in the second heat. You get points for finish position and for each car passed. This is what really makes this race worth going to.

that's awesome

BIGSTEVE00
10-13-2016, 11:01 AM
Ok thanks for the info guys. I just knew they weren't gonna qualify so I was wondering how it all worked. That sounds pretty cool. Lots of racing tho so I hope it doesn't burn the track up. The mods are gonna qualify for their heat lineups aren't they?

birky time
10-13-2016, 11:02 AM
Ok thanks for the info guys. I just knew they weren't gonna qualify so I was wondering how it all worked. That sounds pretty cool. Lots of racing tho so I hope it doesn't burn the track up. The mods are gonna qualify for their heat lineups aren't they?

I believe so

BIGSTEVE00
10-13-2016, 12:02 PM
I believe so

Thanks Birky Time. I wish it was Birky Time!!! I miss seeing him on the track more than just about anybody.

brsteg
10-14-2016, 09:56 AM
From what I read from PRP posting on facebook, pill draw heads up round 1 and then invert pill draw round 2 with every 6th pill/car staggered (somehow) so that you do not race all of the same cars in both heats. But will not be completely different heat groups.

BIGSTEVE00
10-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Wow that sounds confusing, lol. I love the idea of having double the heat races than normal but this format is really hard for the fans to understand and figure out how the feature and B-mains will line-up. But getting to see double the heat races makes it well worth the confusion. Thanks for the info *brsteg*

birky time
10-14-2016, 11:10 AM
Wow that sounds confusing, lol. I love the idea of having double the heat races than normal but this format is really hard for the fans to understand and figure out how the feature and B-mains will line-up. But getting to see double the heat races makes it well worth the confusion. Thanks for the info *brsteg*

yea it is kinda confusing but it works for better racing....at Florence they took the top 16 in points go to the feature from the heats

birky time
10-14-2016, 11:12 AM
Thanks Birky Time. I wish it was Birky Time!!! I miss seeing him on the track more than just about anybody.

Me too! but I guess we can Root for THE ROOSTER!!!!

BIGSTEVE00
10-17-2016, 11:23 AM
I was proud of The Rooster. He did good and made both shows. I think he pulled in to save equipment.

Bubstr
10-17-2016, 12:25 PM
The passing point system is only confusing when it gets to the cut off point of who is in or out. Just watch the movers and shakers. If someone wins both of his heats, he is a candidate for the pole in the A main. Only 16 cars made the A main from the passing points. They pretty much stood out during the heats by finishing positions and cars passed. If you didn't pass more cars than passed you, in both heats, you was out for sure. Everyone would be confused with time trials if they didn't write them down. I generally only know who is in the front row of each heat, with out writing them down. What I like, is it rewards racers that can race, not just fast cars. With the longer races, I'm not sure there is a big advantage in either format, other than the entertainment for the fans, of getting to the winners circle. TTs and train heats are HO HUM. If it is a two day show, is the Time trial and heats worth the price of admission? Portsmouth seen something in this format and it has paid off. How many put this race on their bucket list now?

I do really believe, the passing point format changes the track for the racing for the better. Time trials set a groove in a track. Having to use more of the track to qualify, makes that groove wider from the get go. Who can argue that, with racing like the DTWC had Sat. night.