PDA

View Full Version : Billy Moyer uh oh

chupp n bloomer fan
10-17-2016, 07:23 PM
He said, "Like with Scott, and even Josh with the Rocket deal and all that, a lot of these cars are being built around a GOOD:) driver being able to provide the right feedback. Things are getting more and more complicated nowadays on roll center stuff and the shock stuff especially. You gotta be able to feel that stuff."

So the Moyer people on here who like to discredit Bloomer and Josh, looks like the man just showed ya the Captain Obvious.

Basically he isn't done racing. Just going to slow down more, and stay around six hours from the house and closer. Doesn't feel he can give the best feedback without being in the seat.

I like and respect all the top drivers, it was nice to hear Moyer open up a little and speak freely.

RoundNrOUND
10-17-2016, 09:58 PM
There are also rare talents that don't have to sit in the seat to know what to do with even marginal feedback. I've had this discussion several drivers who disagree and think you have to be a driver to be able to set up a car. I disagree

PennDirt
10-17-2016, 11:31 PM
I can't imagine he's wrong - and really, who would know better?

There's still enough 4M posters around that can attest to when the playing field consisted of two-ton late models with armstrong steering, legacy drivers were still tallying up their 500th win and beyond well into their ages of 40, 50 and higher. I suspect technology has already handicapped those historical statistics in an unmerciful way.

Having a $400 set of Carrera Shocks on your ride in 1982 for a 50K race was pretty big deal. Today, a $5000 set for a 10K is the norm. The prizes haven't changed much but the sticker shock is real. Yep, technology, as the old adage goes, cost. I guess Mr. Smooth is alluding to race teams that are still in the 'monkey see, monkey do' purchasing pattern are fools. Today's prices reflect refinement of technology and with the very best being available to nearly everyone in the pits, it's more the techno-savvy generation that's spending penny-wise because 'feel and feedback' are probably in its expansive galactic stage. The muscle years are over, clearly.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-18-2016, 12:55 AM
There are also rare talents that don't have to sit in the seat to know what to do with even marginal feedback. I've had this discussion several drivers who disagree and think you have to be a driver to be able to set up a car. I disagree

I think some driving experience helps, but really you need a good eye and proper understanding. The thought that you have to be a driver is total garbage.

dirtdobber45
10-18-2016, 06:42 AM
In his early days...did Billy ever 'test the waters' of NASCAR?

cutman
10-18-2016, 06:55 AM
I think Billy is not just talking setup, but more of design of the chassis

fastford
10-18-2016, 07:26 AM
i have been and still am on both sides of the coin , especially now with young ones coming up, and i think to be successful today it takes a good eye in the stands and a good butt in the seat , there is still things that a good eye in the stands can see that the driver cant feel and vise versa, JMO........

ptown
10-18-2016, 08:26 AM
Big difference is Moyer is a class act on and off the track, Bloomquist had to cheat to win.

dirtdobber45
10-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Big difference is Moyer is a class act on and off the track, Bloomquist had to cheat to win.Give it a rest Litey.

Nasty55
10-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Big difference is Moyer is a class act on and off the track, Bloomquist had to cheat to win.

Do you ever say anything positive and smart P!sstown? I mean seriously P!sstown you bash someone everytime you post!! Give it a rest.....

Clayton_Wetter
10-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Give it a rest Litey.

Doing Litey imitations? That's sick!!! :)

Zero2Hero
10-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Went by the Moyer/victory shop the other day, seems like they're banging out a lot of late models.

dirtdobber45
10-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Doing Litey imitations? That's sick!!! :)Thats all he does is repeats himself..like Litey the parrot...lol

chupp n bloomer fan
10-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Big difference is Moyer is a class act on and off the track, Bloomquist had to cheat to win.Well Jesus, you'd have to ask Joyce about that. Hint hint

None of them are legal and Moyer has been nailed too, sorry to rain on your parade.

I don't have any illusions about any of the drivers, crews, and their exploits. You ever talk to anyone who has traveled up and down the road, none of them are saints.

I was alluding to the fact Moyer is smart enough to see that Bloomer and Richards are good drivers, you are still just a negative Nancy.