PDA

View Full Version : Dirtcar UMP Championship at Charlotte Dirt Track

Lennylinda
10-18-2016, 10:15 AM
Just saw that Kenny Schrader is racing there. I did not know about this race. Go to Charlotte Speedway website and there is no mention. Does anyone have info. What drivers will be there.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-18-2016, 10:21 AM
They just added this not to long ago. I has nothing to do with woo's. There are a bunch more classes. I think its posted on another thread here. They are having seca lm, 4cyls,310 sprints and a bunch of other classes.

vande077
10-18-2016, 10:52 AM
World Racing Group is putting it on from what I've heard under the DirtCar banner.

Guessing it's a similar deal to how the World Finals started, WRG rents the track and puts on the event, if it's successful, Charlotte will start putting it on and pay the sanction fees...

jlacey
10-18-2016, 10:53 AM
http://www.dirtcarump.com/world-short-track-championship/

Pulled this off the other thread where i asked the same question

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-18-2016, 11:00 AM
Ok i was told it had nothing to do w woo. My bad

jlacey
10-18-2016, 11:17 AM
Ok i was told it had nothing to do w woo. My bad

Thats what I was told also. That and the track itself didn't have much to do with it either.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-18-2016, 11:26 AM
Thats what I was told also. That and the track itself didn't have much to do with it either.

I believe thats a 3 day show then the following finals is 3 day show. They were advertizing it as a 2 wk show. I guess 6days is 2 wks to them

jlacey
10-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Yeah i think your right. Was gonna try to make both shows but dont think ill make it this weekend. Definitely coming down next week. Hopefully they do it again this year, last year was my 1st time so i dont know if it was done the years before. The Carolina Ale House on Thursday night is the place to be. Got to meet and hang out with drivers, crew even the guys running the souvenir trailers and had a blast. Not sure if it was MAV or a local station but they were broadcasting live interviewing drivers. Anyone going i definitely recommend stopping by if theyre doing it again this year

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Yeah i think your right. Was gonna try to make both shows but dont think ill make it this weekend. Definitely coming down next week. Hopefully they do it again this year, last year was my 1st time so i dont know if it was done the years before. The Carolina Ale House on Thursday night is the place to be. Got to meet and hang out with drivers, crew even the guys running the souvenir trailers and had a blast. Not sure if it was MAV or a local station but they were broadcasting live interviewing drivers. Anyone going i definitely recommend stopping by if theyre doing it again this year

This is first time for dirtcar series the wknd before. It was always a 3 day show and i have been going since they ran at dirt track.

zach51
10-18-2016, 12:06 PM
jlacey, I'm assuming you mean after the races are over Thursday that is the place to be? If I'm flying all the way out there I'll be at the racetrack even though its just qualifying and I think heats for the mods. But I'm a weirdo and enjoy qualifying lol.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-18-2016, 07:53 PM
There are a couple other events at and outside of chrlt motor spdway this weekend.

Oct 21,22,23 is the good guys hot rod show inside chrlt motor spdwy.

Out side of speedway is the queen city fair also oct 14th-23rd.

Prolly going to be a mess traffic wise.

COME TO THE PETTING ZOO AND YOU CAN MEET SOME 4M MEMBERS LIKE..........

DIC DOBBER 69
A25RJR
BED WETTER

jlacey
10-19-2016, 11:16 AM
jlacey, I'm assuming you mean after the races are over Thursday that is the place to be? If I'm flying all the way out there I'll be at the racetrack even though its just qualifying and I think heats for the mods. But I'm a weirdo and enjoy qualifying lol.

Actually i think its Wednesday night, i forgot qualifying was Thursday night. Was thinking it was Friday but you saying that reminded me. Im with you i like to watch practice, qualifying and everything. Some cars might be new to me and watching time trials and having the announcer talk about just the 1 or 2 guys on the track helps to find out who they are and where their from

zach51
10-19-2016, 11:24 AM
Absolutely, I enjoy getting to watch each car individually, see what it's doing, drivers hitting different marks, etc. When you get 10 or more cars out on the track there is so much going on its hard to actually lock in on 1 car and watch its behavior. I always enjoyed single car qualifying but I can see what some/most people don't.

jlacey
10-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Yeah that always annoyed me. Unless i go to a track near home theres always a handful of drivers ove never seen before and the announcer doesnt talk about them until they go green and you cant hear. Especially with the sprints and mods as much as some of those guys swap rides. I like single car tts for that reason but understand the multi car tts for time reasons

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-19-2016, 11:38 AM
Cherokee is having there blue gray 100 paying $10k on sunday oct 23. For all that want to know whats going on in case they want to add that to there trip.
Its only an hr south right off 85 exit 96. Strait shot from concord.

THIS WAS EDITED FOR CHEROKEE RACE DATE. ORIG POSTED THE 30TH. IT IS ACTUALLY THIS SUNDAY THE 23RD FOR ANYBODY THAT SAW THE 30TH. SORRY

jlacey
10-19-2016, 03:37 PM
Might make that drive on Sunday too

zach51
10-19-2016, 04:08 PM
I'm flying out sunday night (did the night flight just in case of a sunday race again)

jlacey
10-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Good call. Im hoping it doesnt get rained out again, would like to get to Cherokee again this year

jlacey
10-19-2016, 06:24 PM
Hope to run into some of you guys there. Hopefully they park the Budweiser trailer by the pitside grandstands again. Most of our time (and $) will be spent there again

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-19-2016, 06:27 PM
Weather down here is calling for 50% rain showers sat day time clear thurs,fri and sunday. Thats for 20th-23rd

dirtdobber45
10-19-2016, 09:11 PM
COME TO THE PETTING ZOO AND YOU CAN MEET SOME 4M MEMBERS LIKE..........DIC DOBBER 69A25RJRBED WETTERYes we will be there watching SS clean up after all the animals that will be there.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-19-2016, 09:28 PM
Cant believe that post slipped by you and didnt catch it dd

dirtdobber45
10-19-2016, 09:38 PM
Cant believe that post slipped by you and didnt catch it ddNever got on this thread til you said something. I dont check every thread

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Never got on this thread til you said something. I dont check every thread

No but you usally dont miss any of my post. You must been up to the shop in mooresburg hittn the pipe. Lol

calverton
10-19-2016, 10:36 PM
nah he has been the pipe everyday all doesn't matter where

dirtdobber45
10-19-2016, 11:11 PM
No but you usally dont miss any of my post. You must been up to the shop in mooresburg hittn the pipe. LolYeah me and 25 were down there talking chit about you.....lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-19-2016, 11:26 PM
Yeah me and 25 were down there talking chit about you.....lol

Sounds like u were layn pipe up in all the wrong places too

zach51
10-20-2016, 10:38 AM
SS in an earlier post you said the Blue Grey was on October 30th (after the World Finals), it is actually this Sunday the 23rd. I started looking into changing my flight and I was like wait a second...lol

zach51
10-20-2016, 10:41 AM
jlacey last year during the rain delay I spent most of MY time and money at the Carolina Lottery scratch-off trailer. I think I ended up with about 5 shirts and bags and whatever they were giving out for spinning that wheel, all of which I gave away. I spent probably $80 on those tickets and think I only won like $5. I hope they leave that trailer at home this year!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-20-2016, 11:05 AM
SS in an earlier post you said the Blue Grey was on October 30th (after the World Finals), it is actually this Sunday the 23rd. I started looking into changing my flight and I was like wait a second...lol

Zach thanks for catching that! Wow sorry bout that. I meant the 23rd as i will be there. Just got numbers mixed up

dirtdobber45
10-20-2016, 11:21 AM
SS in an earlier post you said the Blue Grey was on October 30th (after the World Finals), it is actually this Sunday the 23rd. I started looking into changing my flight and I was like wait a second...lolYou cant believe a word SS says

dirtdobber45
10-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Sounds like u were layn pipe up in all the wrong places tooThats what my 2 ex-wives said too.

dirtdobber45
10-20-2016, 11:27 AM
jlacey last year during the rain delay I spent most of MY time and money at the Carolina Lottery scratch-off trailer. I think I ended up with about 5 shirts and bags and whatever they were giving out for spinning that wheel, all of which I gave away. I spent probably $80 on those tickets and think I only won like $5. I hope they leave that trailer at home this year!Those scratch offs will eat you up lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-20-2016, 12:06 PM
You cant believe a word SS says

Your a fkn keyboard racer!

tsand
10-20-2016, 12:41 PM
nephiew is going to run the fwd class was told by speedway that he was the 78th entry for fwds. they are expecting 350plus cars for all divisions. race is put on by world racing group. three day pit passs 95.00 no entry fee and each entry gets a free camping spot.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-20-2016, 01:14 PM
nephiew is going to run the fwd class was told by speedway that he was the 78th entry for fwds. they are expecting 350plus cars for all divisions. race is put on by world racing group. three day pit passs 95.00 no entry fee and each entry gets a free camping spot.

Thanks for the info tsand

Looks like a mess w traffic w all the events going on at both tracks.

zach51
10-20-2016, 01:39 PM
Sounds like a National 100 type of scenario at Charlotte this weekend. That National 100 is a spectacle, the super late models are just a bonus.

jlacey
10-20-2016, 10:48 PM
We managed to avoid the lottery table somehow. We stayed in the pits or the pitside grandstands most of the time. Wed walk around the front to the souvenir trailers and simulators every once in a while. Once the racing started we stayed in the stands or the budweiser trailer

dirtdobber45
10-20-2016, 11:18 PM
Your a fkn keyboard racer!And your a sh!thead...lmao

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-20-2016, 11:24 PM
And your a sh!thead...lmao

Go pour some beer in your palm and get your date drunk. Now pizz off