PDA

View Full Version : Eldora lawsuit

dirtisforracin
10-18-2016, 06:20 PM
It was thrown out, and drivers let it go. So its over. On Eldora website and Eldora Facebook page.

ptown
10-18-2016, 06:23 PM
Bloomquist Owens Sheppard will always be labeled cheaters.

HoosierDirtFan
10-18-2016, 06:24 PM

And for right now until you quit acting like a bum here on 4m you can be the resident nut bag. :)

mis5s
10-18-2016, 06:28 PM
P town your an idiot

dirtdobber45
10-18-2016, 06:35 PM
Bloomquist Owens Sheppard will always be labeled cheaters.Youre a D!CK!!!

zyoung25
10-18-2016, 06:37 PM

I guess Satterlee and Thornton are not?

Bloomquist was already labeled a cheater by some long before this, where have you been?

ptown
10-18-2016, 06:47 PM

Bloomquist was already labeled a cheater by some long before this, where have you been?

Yes they are, just stating the facts so pile on kiddies.

Clayton_Wetter
10-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Old Fang just popped open a bottle of "calvert-on" to celebrate!! :)

slmcrewchief99
10-18-2016, 06:50 PM
40 pages of rhetoric on the subject. Constant b!tching about who is right or wrong, did they cheat or not, are the scales required to be certified, and now the Plantiffs all drop out. It's pretty much what we all expected. Admit it. There was never any doubt how this fiasco would end now was there????...

I just have 1 question? Can we all just agree we have different views and opinions and get along like adults? We certainly don't need to walk away from the issue but can't we all work towards a common goal to make it better? I don't know what that is but being part of the solution is what I would like to be a part of.

klemmabyna
10-18-2016, 06:58 PM
right or wrong doesn't matter. it was an unwinnable filing from the beginning.

zyoung25
10-18-2016, 07:02 PM
Yes they are, just stating the facts so pile on kiddies.

You must live a lonely life to be so negative all the time. It must suck to suck.

GEAR_HEAD
10-18-2016, 07:10 PM
They're just moving the lawsuit from federal court in New York to North Carolina court. According to the official statement tiregate is not over, it's just moving.

Barbecueboy
10-18-2016, 07:32 PM
40 pages of rhetoric on the subject. Constant b!tching about who is right or wrong, did they cheat or not, are the scales required to be certified, and now the Plantiffs all drop out. It's pretty much what we all expected. Admit it. There was never any doubt how this fiasco would end now was there????...

I just have 1 question? Can we all just agree we have different views and opinions and get along like adults? We certainly don't need to walk away from the issue but can't we all work towards a common goal to make it better? I don't know what that is but being part of the solution is what I would like to be a part of.

Grand slam of a post right here......very , very well said.

I figured it for a little more fireworks from the honest ones trying to defend their good name😜

chupp n bloomer fan
10-18-2016, 07:32 PM
Bloomquist Owens Sheppard will always be labeled cheaters.You forgot Satterlee and Thornton Jr. Jesus.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-18-2016, 07:35 PM

Bloomquist was already labeled a cheater by some long before this, where have you been?He was babysitting/stalking Bobby.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-18-2016, 07:39 PM
They're just moving the lawsuit from federal court in New York to North Carolina court. According to the official statement tiregate is not over, it's just moving.Where'd you see that? I just see where they withdrew the case.

Barbecueboy
10-18-2016, 07:40 PM
You must live a lonely life to be so negative all the time. It must suck to suck.

That would make a killer tshirt or bumper sticker.......mind if I use it?

HoosierDirtFan
10-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Where'd you see that? I just see where they withdrew the case.

per dirt on dirt website.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-18-2016, 07:46 PM
per dirt on dirt website.Gotcha, ty.

pierceFAN
10-18-2016, 07:48 PM
The drivers know who juices and who doesn't don't think they dont

chupp n bloomer fan
10-18-2016, 07:53 PM
It was thrown out, and drivers let it go. So its over. On Eldora website and Eldora Facebook page.Did you read the DoD article?

It was not thrown out, they withdrew the suit. And it's not over, they are going to move it very soon, probably to NC.

3 wide
10-18-2016, 07:59 PM
They saw they couldn't win so they got out they never had a chance of winning.

cutman
10-18-2016, 08:18 PM
They saw they couldn't win so they got out they never had a chance of winning.

They pulled it out of federal court and most likely moving it to the state level. Unfortunately, it ain't over

zyoung25
10-18-2016, 08:25 PM
That would make a killer tshirt or bumper sticker.......mind if I use it?

Go for it. I remember seeing a bumper sticker years ago that said "mean people suck." Ptown pretty much falls under that category too.

Josh Bayko
10-18-2016, 08:26 PM
They pulled it out of federal court and most likely moving it to the state level. Unfortunately, it ain't over

If they persist, they're going to go broke trying to prove their innocence. Their lawyer is severely outmatched. I mean, he just now realized WRG's rules state any litigation must take place in NC?

a25rjr
10-18-2016, 08:31 PM
As Keifer once said......"it aint nearly over"!

fireplug
10-18-2016, 08:37 PM
FROM ELDORA'S FACEBOOK PAGE:

ROSSBURG, Ohio (October 18, 2016) – A federal lawsuit filed against World Racing Group, Inc. (WRG) and subsidiary DIRTcar Racing, Eldora Speedway, Inc., and its owner Tony Stewart by five drivers and race teams disqualified following June’s Dirt Late Model Dream was dismissed today in U.S. Federal Court for the Northern District of New York (NDNY).

The Honorable U.S. District Court Judge Mae A. D’Agostino signed the dismissal order in Albany, New York.

“With ticket renewals beginning today for our 2017 Major Event Calendar, we are pleased with the voluntary motion by the plaintiffs and today’s dismissal,” said general manager Roger Slack. “We trust this marks the end of the matter and everyone can re-focus their energy on the drama which promises to unfold next season on the high-banks of Eldora.”

Plaintiffs Scott Bloomquist, Jimmy Owens, Gregg Satterlee, Brandon Sheppard, Ricky Thornton, Jr., and team owners R&W Motorsports, LLC, W.G. Satterlee & Sons, Inc., Best Performance Motorsports and JR. Motorsports, LLC, filed a voluntary motion for dismissal on Monday.

The New York law firms of Lester Schwab Katz & Dwyer, LLP and Ahmuty, Demers & McManus represented WRG, DIRTcar, Eldora and Stewart in NDNY. Counsel from IceMiller, LLP (Indianapolis) and Apollo Sports & Entertainment Group Law (Charlotte) complemented the team.

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE the boys brought in some high powered muscle and Bloomer & Co. turned tail and ran.

Centeroff
10-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Just another way of saying the dispute was settled in a private manner. Keep your ears on fellas, more bullchit to follow from the rumor mill

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-18-2016, 09:04 PM
This is a win for wrg side as its moved to there state.

fryefan
10-18-2016, 09:06 PM
As I stated in a previous thread, it was a frivolous lawsuit. It was obvious who was going to win.

golddirt
10-18-2016, 09:08 PM
It's over you idiots!

Barbecueboy
10-18-2016, 09:23 PM
This is a win for wrg side as its moved to there state.

Its a win for fans and sponsors .........and racers.

One of the unintended consequences of the lawsuit was and is a serious discussion and subsequent change to the way tires are being addressed........so if nothing from this day forward comes from it, that did.

I'm good with it.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Its a win for fans and sponsors .........and racers.

One of the unintended consequences of the lawsuit was and is a serious discussion and subsequent change to the way tires are being addressed........so if nothing from this day forward comes from it, that did.

I'm good with it.

Idk whats true or not. But what happens happens

calverton
10-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Go for it. I remember seeing a bumper sticker years ago that said "mean people suck." Ptown pretty much falls under that category too.and nice people swallow

Highside Hustler25
10-18-2016, 10:06 PM
You forgot Satterlee and Thornton Jr. Jesus.

I don't remember Jesus being implicated in the tire cheating scandal. Did I miss something:confused:

If they persist, they're going to go broke trying to prove their innocence. Their lawyer is severely outmatched. I mean, he just now realized WRG's rules state any litigation must take place in NC?

I thought the same thing after the read. Sounds like they must have gotten Louis Tully to represent them.

Highside Hustler25
10-18-2016, 10:08 PM
It's over you idiots!

the diehard idiots will never accept the facts or decision. it's now old news.

play4kps
10-18-2016, 10:14 PM
It was not a good deal for the sport no matter how you look at it! Shepherd and Thornton may not have know, just speculating! Not sure with Owens and Satterlee, but nothing gets put on Scotts car without him knowing!

Centeroff
10-18-2016, 10:24 PM
If you read the affidavit play4keeps it clearly states that two samples were tested. One came back as not meeting the benchmark and then the second sample which was the same tire, clearly passed the benchmark. UMP and WRG denied the zero the chance to return after having this information and that's why the suit started to begin with. Just read the affidavit and don't listen to the haters buddy. If anyone wants to doubt what I just stated I will gladly post what the courts released to the newspaper office.

Centeroff
10-18-2016, 10:28 PM
http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/08/26/racers-seek-millions-for-faulty-disqualifications.htm Read towards the bottom. The second sample came back as passing the benchmark. How can two samples from one tire come back different??

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-18-2016, 11:00 PM
This was done so they could race at charlotte. After world finals it will be back in court!!

GEAR_HEAD
10-18-2016, 11:31 PM
It's over you idiots!

So you know more about the case than the tiregate lawyer does? The tiregate lawyer says they're moving the case to North Carolina, and you're going to argue with him. I'm pretty sure you're the idiot.

gunner3584
10-19-2016, 12:01 AM
They're just moving the lawsuit from federal court in New York to North Carolina court. According to the official statement tiregate is not over, it's just moving...........

If a case is dismissed from a federal court a lower court isnt even going to consider the case

GEAR_HEAD
10-19-2016, 01:25 AM
They're just moving the lawsuit from federal court in New York to North Carolina court. According to the official statement tiregate is not over, it's just moving...........

If a case is dismissed from a federal court a lower court isnt even going to consider the case

That has already been stated several times in this thread.

Centeroff
10-19-2016, 02:25 AM
Tony's attorney had the case moved from New York to Carolina because he states that his client wasn't liked in that particular county because of the Kevin Ward incident and he didn't feel his client would get a fair judgement. Moving it to a town in North Carolina where Tony pays taxes and runs a multi million dollar racing business was a brilliant move by his attorney.

3 wide
10-19-2016, 05:50 AM
How many million was it that bloom quiet was going to get I forgot.

Bob Hubbard
10-19-2016, 06:18 AM
It does say its over on the Eldora site ? http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/2016/10/18/disqualified-drivers-withdraw-lawsuit-case-dismissed-by-federal-court/?utm_content=buffer33660&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

ImCryn2
10-19-2016, 07:25 AM
If you read the affidavit play4keeps it clearly states that two samples were tested. One came back as not meeting the benchmark and then the second sample which was the same tire, clearly passed the benchmark. UMP and WRG denied the zero the chance to return after having this information and that's why the suit started to begin with. Just read the affidavit and don't listen to the haters buddy. If anyone wants to doubt what I just stated I will gladly post what the courts released to the newspaper office.

Where did the 2nd sample come from? Who submitted it and When was it submitted? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was not a 2nd sample taken the same night and therefor does not matter. Anyone could submit a sample to the lab at a later date from a different tire and claim it came from the same tire.
We are not going to get so caught up in the fanfare that we become blind as to why WRG didn't care what the 2nd sample said, are we?

ImCryn2
10-19-2016, 07:30 AM
Just another way of saying the dispute was settled in a private manner. Keep your ears on fellas, more bullchit to follow from the rumor mill

Tony's attorney had the case moved from New York to Carolina because he states that his client wasn't liked in that particular county because of the Kevin Ward incident and he didn't feel his client would get a fair judgement. Moving it to a town in North Carolina where Tony pays taxes and runs a multi million dollar racing business was a brilliant move by his attorney.

which is it? settled or moved? I think the last line of your first post says it all.

Highside Hustler25
10-19-2016, 07:38 AM
So you know more about the case than the tiregate lawyer does? The tiregate lawyer says they're moving the case to North Carolina, and you're going to argue with him. I'm pretty sure you're the idiot.

No, you're wrong. The tiregate lawyer filed suit in the wrong State. Sounds like if he did his homework, e would have known where to file suit. Now who's the idiot?:D

Lennylinda
10-19-2016, 08:02 AM
Maybe tony paid them to drop the lawsuit. Maybe just the money they lost. Just a guess.

klemmabyna
10-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Do the funny 5 ever race at Eldora again?

calverton
10-19-2016, 08:23 AM
Only 4 let in the suit the one the wants to race left

Barbecueboy
10-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Only 4 let in the suit the one the wants to race left

Just how old of a fan are you

calverton
10-19-2016, 08:34 AM
Old enough to know Brandon was a big boy and wants to race instead playing lawyer games the only person that wins is the lawyer but carry on Brandon put his big pants on years ago unlike you and the remaining 4

zyoung25
10-19-2016, 08:38 AM

I think we'll see Satterlee and bshep there again for sure. RT don't have a full time late model ride at the time, I can't see him passing opportunity to make those races being as young as he is.

calverton
10-19-2016, 08:40 AM
This was done so they could race at charlotte. After world finals it will be back in court!! maybe just maybe you never know

wfofan
10-19-2016, 08:50 AM
WRG has it in writing that any issues with them such as lawsuits be handled in the state of North Carolina... anyone who believes it's over, please stand by...

vande077
10-19-2016, 09:15 AM
http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/08/26/racers-seek-millions-for-faulty-disqualifications.htm Read towards the bottom. The second sample came back as passing the benchmark. How can two samples from one tire come back different??

You also realize that is Scott saying that, not anyone from the Lab right?

He can say or do anything he wants until he is put under oath and has to testify. If he doesn't have copies of the original testing from the lab, his words are just that, words.

W2Racing09
10-19-2016, 09:15 AM
Where did the 2nd sample come from? Who submitted it and When was it submitted? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was not a 2nd sample taken the same night and therefor does not matter. Anyone could submit a sample to the lab at a later date from a different tire and claim it came from the same tire.
We are not going to get so caught up in the fanfare that we become blind as to why WRG didn't care what the 2nd sample said, are we?

Bingo

I've been saying this from the beginning, the second tire sample is irrelevant. If Bloomquist says it came off the same tire, or not does not matter. There is no proof that it is the same tire and as a result it will not be able to be used as solid evidence. The scales would be a stronger case in my opinion, as most not involved in racing do not know how it generally works (weighing on the track scales) and so Bloomquist may benefit from that ignorance, but certainly not to the tune of $16M.

Thanks,
Jeff.

klemmabyna
10-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Not sure how the tire samples were handled, but in a prior career, when we had lab testing done, the original sample was divided. one used for testing and one to be a referee sample in case of appeal.

also, I asked if the 5 would be racing Eldora again. didn't mean would they want to.

what I should have asked is "will tony let them through the gate?"

RiffRaf67
10-19-2016, 10:12 AM
Much to do about nothing.
Move along.. nothing (new) to see here.

Barbecueboy
10-19-2016, 10:14 AM
Old enough to know Brandon was a big boy and wants to race instead playing lawyer games the only person that wins is the lawyer but carry on Brandon put his big pants on years ago unlike you and the remaining 4
Brandon wears big boy pants , but his car owner doesn't???

That makes perfect sense.

Barbecueboy
10-19-2016, 10:18 AM
Bingo

I've been saying this from the beginning, the second tire sample is irrelevant. If Bloomquist says it came off the same tire, or not does not matter. There is no proof that it is the same tire and as a result it will not be able to be used as solid evidence. The scales would be a stronger case in my opinion, as most not involved in racing do not know how it generally works (weighing on the track scales) and so Bloomquist may benefit from that ignorance, but certainly not to the tune of $16M.

Thanks,
Jeff.

And you know there is no proof on this second sample how?.......and I'm just asking?

birky time
10-19-2016, 10:18 AM
I'm thinking this is good that its dropped or settled or whatever...my opinion I like when bloomer races at Eldora and hopefully he does and gets to? as a fan you want the best drivers at the crown jewels so we can give our buddies a hard time when one of the best drivers don't make show or don't win....So hopefully these guys will be back racing at the BIG E

Barbecueboy
10-19-2016, 10:19 AM
You also realize that is Scott saying that, not anyone from the Lab right?

He can say or do anything he wants until he is put under oath and has to testify. If he doesn't have copies of the original testing from the lab, his words are just that, words.

Is it just Scott saying that?

I totally missed that part.

Barbecueboy
10-19-2016, 10:20 AM
Not sure how the tire samples were handled, but in a prior career, when we had lab testing done, the original sample was divided. one used for testing and one to be a referee sample in case of appeal.

also, I asked if the 5 would be racing Eldora again. didn't mean would they want to.

what I should have asked is "will tony let them through the gate?"

Now would be the time to yell BINGO.

vande077
10-19-2016, 10:24 AM
Is it just Scott saying that?

I totally missed that part.

in the filing it's a quote from Scott that the 2nd sample came back clean.

Bloomquist says "two tests done on samples from the same tire did not match each other."

To me, that means zip. I can say that in an affidavit too (you're not under oath and don't have to provide any proof) even if I have no direct or indirect knowledge about it.

Barbecueboy
10-19-2016, 10:29 AM
in the filing it's a quote from Scott that the 2nd sample came back clean. To me, that means zip. I can say that in an affidavit too (you're not under oath and don't have to provide any proof) even if I have no direct or indirect knowledge about it.

I've done several affidavits and I'm almost certain I was sworn to tell the truth on them.......it's been awhile so maybe I'm mistaken.

Thanks for the info

Bubstr
10-19-2016, 10:30 AM
If this case is reinstated in NC state court or not, will depend on the lawyers for the plaintiffs. As of now the plaintiffs do not have to pay the defendants court costs. If filed the cost of this court case just went up for the plaintiffs and down for the defendants, just due to travel costs. If the plaintiffs lawyer is doing this case on a contingency basis, he may reconsider cost verses reward.

Everyone has to know, as soon as this case is filed again, these racers will be on the black list for WRG events again until settled. It's too bad more forethought isn't used, instead of afterthought. Ounce of prevention or a pound of cure.

A friend that has connections with racing tire provider, gave me a passable theory. This was about, either miss marked tires or old stock. As time goes by, some of the natural oils evaporate from tires or weren't put in them to start. You know your getting them, because you have to order a big lot to get them. The end story is they act as a little harder tire than the standard new tire. This is against the rule that says a tire must be properly marked and not defaced. This may be true or not, but seems like a passable explanation.

vande077
10-19-2016, 10:47 AM
I've done several affidavits and I'm almost certain I was sworn to tell the truth on them.......it's been awhile so maybe I'm mistaken.

Thanks for the info

Affadavits are done with lawyers (no judges) and you don't have to answer if you don't want to and they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. (and generally are done AFTER the case has been filed so both groups are in the room. This was done before the lawsuit was filed, so hard to have any affadavits I would imagine.

Now, had this been done as a "sworn affidavit" with both groups of lawyers in the room and after the case was filed I might feel differently. But at this point, it's just words from Scott. He will have to provide proof if it goes to court.

GEAR_HEAD
10-19-2016, 11:46 AM
No, you're wrong. The tiregate lawyer filed suit in the wrong State. Sounds like if he did his homework, e would have known where to file suit. Now who's the idiot?:D

That's irrelevant, in no way is the suit over.

fastford
10-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Affadavits are done with lawyers (no judges) and you don't have to answer if you don't want to and they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. (and generally are done AFTER the case has been filed so both groups are in the room. This was done before the lawsuit was filed, so hard to have any affadavits I would imagine.

Now, had this been done as a "sworn affidavit" with both groups of lawyers in the room and after the case was filed I might feel differently. But at this point, it's just words from Scott. He will have to provide proof if it goes to court.

i think you are referring to depositions , not affidavit , which is a sworn notarized statement.

zach51
10-19-2016, 12:33 PM
I'm surprised that so many of you even care at this point. I personally don't. If the plaintiffs want to keep pursuing, fine, if not fine. Lets go racing.

TS FAN
10-19-2016, 12:50 PM
They care because some hate Bloomie, most all hate Stewart and they enjoy the conspiracy. AS for me, I said earlier I didn't care that much about this even though I am a Stewart fan. I also said this will never get to trial and if there is not a settlement case goes bye bye. It is gone bye bye for now, and we all should focus on racing again.

vande077
10-19-2016, 12:51 PM
i think you are referring to depositions , not affidavit , which is a sworn notarized statement.

That's right Depositions is the word that was eluding my brain.

Either way, from what I've seen thus far, it's just Scott's word that there were 2 samples and they tested different. No one else has mentioned the samples at any time, only him. (and given that I would guess the tire samples are done much like random drug testing, there has to be a chain of custody associated with it). if the 2nd sample Scott is referring to is not part of that chain of custody, it means absolutely nothing.

a25rjr
10-19-2016, 02:09 PM
it means absolutely nothing.

So did all the evidence against OJ!

You never know anymore how these things will play out! I complained to my attorney one time when I didn't get the settlement I thought I deserved. His response was a classic. He said...."you went to a Court of Law, not a Court of Justice".

Centeroff
10-19-2016, 02:30 PM
The way I understand is that the lab that did the test for Eldora always takes two samples. If the first sample does not pass the benchmark they always run a second test to affirm the first. In this specific instance the first sample failed and the second passed the benchmark. This has to be true because if Scott lies to a court he can be charged with perjury. Everything you claim has to be true to the best of your knowledge.

slmcrewchief99
10-19-2016, 02:50 PM
Bloomy hasn't lied to a court. It hasn't made it to court. He can say whatever he wants that is true or a lie. Perjury won't get him till he does it under oath. Just because it says it in the lawsuit doesn't make it true. All of the evidence will only come out in court. It dang sure aint coming out on here. SMDH. Makes me think about the commercial about "I read it on the internet so it has to be true. Everything is true on the internet". Give it a rest people. Yall are gonna drown in that sh!t your shoveling.

a25rjr
10-19-2016, 02:54 PM
Bloomy hasn't lied to a court. It hasn't made it to court. He can say whatever he wants that is true or a lie. Perjury won't get him till he does it under oath. Just because it says it in the lawsuit doesn't make it true. All of the evidence will only come out in court. It dang sure aint coming out on here. SMDH. Makes me think about the commercial about "I read it on the internet so it has to be true. Everything is true on the internet". Give it a rest people. Yall are gonna drown in that sh!t your shoveling.

No worries!.....Its almost deer season! LOL

slmcrewchief99
10-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Heck a25rjr, deer season already started here. Muzzleloader started this past Saturday and goes thru this coming Sunday. The problem is I had to go in Monday and have more stents put in. The 3 I got in August didn't fix it. I'm stuck at home all week and can't do anything. I have my RV all fueled up but can't go anywhere. Had all intentions of going to Whynot with 99F crew but I've orders not to drive. Guess I'll hang out here and watch nascrap and the Outdoor Channel. LOL

W2Racing09
10-19-2016, 03:37 PM
And you know there is no proof on this second sample how?.......and I'm just asking?

Because if UMP didn't take the sample that Scott used then there is not chain of custody. It is just Scott saying he took the sample from the tire they took the sample from. As far as I know UMP takes two samples, and neither sample goes to the driver. I could be wrong, that is just from what I've been told in conversations with drivers who have raced Mods with UMP at bigger events. They could have a different process for SLM, it could have been the track doing the Testing, etc. I'm not claiming to be an expert on it. If that is the case then no matter what a lawyer can shoot holes in that second sample, there is no chain of custody, UMP didn't sign off on it, etc. I'm not saying Scott is lying, I'm just saying that I don't think it will matter in court that he got a second sample checked independently.

TS FAN
10-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Case is bye bye, as was said, Deer hunting season on deck. Court of 4m posters ADJOURNED!!!!

Clayton_Wetter
10-19-2016, 04:17 PM
MY MY MY, we sure do have a bunch of WISHFUL THINKING know it alls, assembled here!!!

So who wants to place bets that it's really over???

Clayton_Wetter
10-19-2016, 04:21 PM

Funny five? Now Klem, are you trying to take OLD FANGS place on 4M?? :)

It's a stupid job, but somebodies got to do it!!! hahahahahahhaaaa

Clayton_Wetter
10-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Case is bye bye, as was said, Deer hunting season on deck. Court of 4m posters ADJOURNED!!!!

Do you have your coveralls ready for Saturday???

TS FAN
10-19-2016, 04:25 PM
I am saying its over for reasons I posted earlier in this thread. If I am wrong, I am wrong, but they do not have enough to go to trial and from I have seen even get a settlement IMO. It has nothing to do with who is involved, I have said that. BTW This is not good for Auto racing track owners and I have also said that.

TS FAN
10-19-2016, 04:27 PM
Do you have your coveralls ready for Saturday???

Yes, especially since my son makes me stand with him on the top row. Warmer nights, great, cold nights ugh.

Clayton_Wetter
10-19-2016, 04:37 PM
Yes, especially since my son makes me stand with him on the top row. Warmer nights, great, cold nights ugh.

58 is the forecast, sunny and starting at 4:30 I read.We are still leaning on being there.

TS FAN
10-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Should be a good show. I like it is starting at 6PM and I believe it is all points and no qualifying which I do like too

Nasty55
10-19-2016, 06:18 PM
Heck a25rjr, deer season already started here. Muzzleloader started this past Saturday and goes thru this coming Sunday. The problem is I had to go in Monday and have more stents put in. The 3 I got in August didn't fix it. I'm stuck at home all week and can't do anything. I have my RV all fueled up but can't go anywhere. Had all intentions of going to Whynot with 99F crew but I've orders not to drive. Guess I'll hang out here and watch nascrap and the Outdoor Channel. LOL

Get well soon my friend! Hope you are up and around soon bud!

Clayton_Wetter
10-19-2016, 07:05 PM
Should be a good show. I like it is starting at 6PM and I believe it is all points and no qualifying which I do like too

They will be qualifying the Mods though? Up to 90 of them could be there.

a25rjr
10-19-2016, 07:38 PM

Bow season started about 2 weeks ago, but my passion is chasing them with my hounds! I enjoy sitting in a stand but theres nothing like hearing them hounds!

If you cant drive, hire you a driver..lol

Hope everything works out for ya!

TS FAN
10-19-2016, 07:45 PM
They will be qualifying the Mods though? Up to 90 of them could be there.

Oh, I didn't know that. Last year they had about 65. First year they had over ninety. They had so many races that night between the two series, my head was spinning by the time they got the mod feature.

dirtdobber45
10-19-2016, 07:56 PM
MY MY MY, we sure do have a bunch of WISHFUL THINKING know it alls, assembled here!!!So who wants to place bets that it's really over???Sounds more like a Perry Mason convention going on...lol

dirtdobber45
10-19-2016, 08:00 PM
Bow season started about 2 weeks ago, but my passion is chasing them with my hounds! I enjoy sitting in a stand but theres nothing like hearing them hounds!If you cant drive, hire you a driver..lolHope everything works out for ya!We only use hounds on bear and hogs.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-19-2016, 08:37 PM
We only use hounds on bear and hogs.

You dont need a hound on them. Once they see you they will turn the other way

calverton
10-19-2016, 08:50 PM
58 is the forecast, sunny and starting at 4:30 I read.We are still leaning on being there. are you going to fall over again like you did last year

a25rjr
10-19-2016, 10:08 PM
We only use hounds on bear and hogs.

Then you know what a good sound to hear a pack of hounds chasing an animal! We're all houndsmen, regardless of the game!

lazermod3
10-20-2016, 06:09 AM
Sounds more like a Perry Mason convention going on...lol

Yes!,with Paul Drake doing the investigating.

calverton
10-20-2016, 06:16 AM
Oh, I didn't know that. Last year they had about 65. First year they had over ninety. They had so many races that night between the two series, my head was spinning by the time they got the mod feature. try three nights in a row like that but some of the best you see all year long

calverton
10-20-2016, 06:32 AM
“We’re happy this is over,” said DIRTcar Racing COO Tom Deery. “It is a waste of resources that should have been invested in the sport rather than damaging it and polarizing fans.”

Barbecueboy
10-20-2016, 08:12 AM
Because if UMP didn't take the sample that Scott used then there is not chain of custody. It is just Scott saying he took the sample from the tire they took the sample from. As far as I know UMP takes two samples, and neither sample goes to the driver. I could be wrong, that is just from what I've been told in conversations with drivers who have raced Mods with UMP at bigger events. They could have a different process for SLM, it could have been the track doing the Testing, etc. I'm not claiming to be an expert on it. If that is the case then no matter what a lawyer can shoot holes in that second sample, there is no chain of custody, UMP didn't sign off on it, etc. I'm not saying Scott is lying, I'm just saying that I don't think it will matter in court that he got a second sample checked independently.

I'm not sure they want to use that whole chain of custody theory.......considering holes can be shot in the chain of custody on the tires the drivers bought too.

Slippery slope

vande077
10-20-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure they want to use that whole chain of custody theory.......considering holes can be shot in the chain of custody on the tires the drivers bought too.

Slippery slope

no slippery slope. No difference than chain of custody in any other thing (lab samples of blood for example). Someone can say "I've never taken a drug in my life", have blood drawn, labeled and chain of custody followed and the blood test come back positive for a drug. How can that happen you ask? easy, the person who said "I've never take a drug in my life" either lied, didn't know they took a drug (it happens), or don't consider what they are using to be harmful even though it may be on the "banned substances list". Happens all the time to people in their jobs. That's why they always ask you what you have been taking (even Tylenol or any other over the counter drug). I love when a pro athlete gives the excuse of "well, I didn't tell them I had a cold and had been taking Nyquil, I didn't realize it had banned substances in it".

Barbecueboy
10-20-2016, 10:41 AM
The slippery slope is that in jeffs senario the chain of custody in the two samples can just as easily be argued in the chain of custody of how the tires got to the racer and who may or may not have come in contact with them.......they don't know.

All your points are valid on the drug testing , but aren't even close to being relevant in this tire discussion.

And you also left out the part about any mistakes that may have been made by the lab, in the collection process, bad benchmarks etc.........it does happen, precedence has been set already.

Barbecueboy
10-20-2016, 10:43 AM
no slippery slope. No difference than chain of custody in any other thing (lab samples of blood for example). Someone can say "I've never taken a drug in my life", have blood drawn, labeled and chain of custody followed and the blood test come back positive for a drug. How can that happen you ask? easy, the person who said "I've never take a drug in my life" either lied, didn't know they took a drug (it happens), or don't consider what they are using to be harmful even though it may be on the "banned substances list". Happens all the time to people in their jobs. That's why they always ask you what you have been taking (even Tylenol or any other over the counter drug). I love when a pro athlete gives the excuse of "well, I didn't tell them I had a cold and had been taking Nyquil, I didn't realize it had banned substances in it".
If you are a pro athlete and you aren't allowed to take NyQuil when your sick like every other adult in America, shouldn't something be done about the rule?

Hovlane
10-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Ya I don't think I would bring up a issue about chain of custody with Bloomquist's sample if the chain of custody with the sample UMP took was just as bad. I can't believe how poorly the UMP samples were handle. I sure hope UMP didn't consult their " ARMY OF ATTORNEYS " on their procedures. Because of this Bloomquist can't prove the sample came from the same tire and UMP can't prove that it didn't. What a sh*t show from everybody involved. JUST LET IT BE OVER!!!!!!

vande077
10-20-2016, 11:41 AM
The slippery slope is that in jeffs senario the chain of custody in the two samples can just as easily be argued in the chain of custody of how the tires got to the racer and who may or may not have come in contact with them.......they don't know.

All your points are valid on the drug testing , but aren't even close to being relevant in this tire discussion.

And you also left out the part about any mistakes that may have been made by the lab, in the collection process, bad benchmarks etc.........it does happen, precedence has been set already.

So, you know chain of custody on over the counter drugs you are taking in the event you fail a drug test at work?? That argument of the tire itself needing chain of custody is laughable, it's a commodity. If you think the people you are buying from are doing stuff they shouldn't, you shop somewhere else. (and most tire distributors have just as much (or more) to lose. Team owners/drivers take that risk of someone messing with it (just like anything else you buy everywhere. With the exception of maybe prescription drugs, pharmacists have to account for everything or lose their license). I don't know who may or may not have come in contact with the over the counter drugs I buy for a cold for myself or my kids. All I can do is "hope" that they haven't been tampered with (remember the Tylenol Scare in the 1980's anyone, tamperproof caps/lids/seals mean zippo).

I didn't see anything in their complaint (that they withdrew) about mistakes by the lab, collection process, bad benchmarks....because they weren't arguing those were an issue at all. The only quote was from Scott where he claims the 2 samples had different results. That is HIS CLAIM, from what has been seen publicly there is nothing to support that claim.

vande077
10-20-2016, 11:48 AM
If you are a pro athlete and you aren't allowed to take NyQuil when your sick like every other adult in America, shouldn't something be done about the rule?

Nope, the rule is in place, the players (in the NFL's case, their Union), agreed to the rules in order to participate (gee, sounds a lot like a rulebook....). The burden is on the Players to abide by the rules, the NFL's burden is to enforce the rules.

So, in summary. The WRG/UMP has a rulebook, the teams/drivers agree to follow that rulebook when they sign in at the gate, it is WRG/UMP have a duty (to all the other teams/drivers) to enforce that rulebook. If a tire (or fuel, or chassis, or shocks, or anything else in the rulebook) fails to fall within the rules, it is their DUTY to enforce the rules / punishment defined in the rulebook.

But, everyone would rather point fingers instead of just moving on and learning from a mistake (intentional or not).

Barbecueboy
10-20-2016, 12:03 PM
So the nfl says its players can't take NyQuil when they are sick like every other adult in the USA and the rule is still good????

On that note, I'm out.

vande077
10-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Good or bad has nothing to do with it. It's about having rules and enforcing them.

WRG/UMP did exactly what the competitors signed on for when they entered the event.

Barbecueboy
10-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Ok , I'm back in..............It's about having rules that are enforceable...just sayin

W2Racing09
10-20-2016, 02:03 PM

Tire samples that UMP (or any sanction for that matter) takes are sealed in bags and signed. The lab will not test a sample that arrives unsealed. Unless Bloomquist immediately took the sample off his tire (while a UMP official was standing there) and put it in his own evidence bag, sealed it and had the UMP Official sign and then sign himself then the Chain of Custody is not equal. (or in the case of Bloomquist's sample, it does not exist).

Barbecueboy
10-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Tire samples that UMP (or any sanction for that matter) takes are sealed in bags and signed. The lab will not test a sample that arrives unsealed. Unless Bloomquist immediately took the sample off his tire (while a UMP official was standing there) and put it in his own evidence bag, sealed it and had the UMP Official sign and then sign himself then the Chain of Custody is not equal. (or in the case of Bloomquist's sample, it does not exist).

It's been said that ump took two samples..........and one was wrong and one was correct.

Is that not correct now?

It's actually been discussed in this very thread.

If Scott himself just sent it off to blue ridge labs then I agree with you 100%.....in either case, I'm sure blue ridge labs will have that information on who sent what, the dates and times etc.......it wouldn't be that hard to find out and then dismiss or confirm.

W2Racing09
10-20-2016, 03:37 PM
It's been said that ump took two samples..........and one was wrong and one was correct.

Is that not correct now?

It's actually been discussed in this very thread.

If Scott himself just sent it off to blue ridge labs then I agree with you 100%.....in either case, I'm sure blue ridge labs will have that information on who sent what, the dates and times etc.......it wouldn't be that hard to find out and then dismiss or confirm.

If the second sample was from UMP then yeah there is something up. I'm under the impression that the second UMP sample is not the sample that Scott is referring to in the write up about the Lawsuit announcement. In my opinion there would be no reason for UMP to take a second sample from the tire if they still moved forward with suspensions after a second result is different than the first. Everything I've read eludes to Scott taking the sample himself after he found out it came back to UMP hot and getting a second opinion. While that is probably what I would do in his shoes too (just to see for myself) I don't think it will hold up in court.

Again I could be wrong, if the second sample Scott is referencing in that write up is from UMP then I would say it was A) ignorant to bother taking a second sample if it won't change anything when/if it comes back clean and B) It would be even more ignorant to tell the drivers you sent in two samples and they came back with differing results. I can't imagine you can just call Blue Ridge and they will tell you their findings regarding a client (UMP). So in that situation it would have been UMP telling Scott themselves which would be very stupid (I'm not saying it isn't shady of them either way, but if you are going to be shady don't incriminate yourself).

Clayton_Wetter
10-20-2016, 05:43 PM
are you going to fall over again like you did last year

Never did fall, first of all. Now are you going to go poof like you did last week? :)

Bubstr
10-20-2016, 06:22 PM
I object!!! Here say. Cousin Vinny, wouldn't let this go on in his court room. He would call an expert witness with nice legs and explain Chevrolet didn't offer a 327 in 1957.

calverton
10-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Never did fall, first of all. Now are you going to go poof like you did last week? :) did I go poof, that's right you have to move around some what to fall you 've been on your gov't posterior

ptown
10-20-2016, 06:35 PM
did I go poof, that's right you have to move around some what to fall you 've been on your gov't posterior

Are you on double secret probation?

calverton
10-20-2016, 06:36 PM
never heard of that one are a ---- all your life

chupp n bloomer fan
10-20-2016, 06:57 PM
I don't remember Jesus being implicated in the tire cheating scandal. Did I miss something:confused:

I thought the same thing after the read. Sounds like they must have gotten Louis Tully to represent them.Because I'm implying ptown is Mr. Perfect.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-20-2016, 07:05 PM
It's over you idiots!

the diehard idiots will never accept the facts or decision. it's now old news.So I'm assuming neither of you read the actual articles where they are changing venue. Changing because they didn't feel the federal court in NY was the proper place once they started. WRG can tell you to file in NC, but that means squat. And WRG isn't the only ones in the suit.

I'm of the opinion it is what it is, and I'd move on. But, I'm not them. If they feel they didn't really cheat the tires, then keep on fighting. Guessing you two esteemed educated individuals would just tuck tail and throw up a white flag, ya know, since we're the idiots who actually read the article.

dirtdobber45
10-20-2016, 07:12 PM
Never did fall, first of all. Now are you going to go poof like you did last week? :)He did now theres something running down his pant leg lmao

calverton
10-20-2016, 07:23 PM
so that's why you were begging for my pants again you pervert

dirtdobber45
10-20-2016, 07:27 PM
so that's why you were begging for my pants again you pervertNo I was telling to pull your pants up so you dont trip and fall on the streets of St Louie.

Clayton_Wetter
10-20-2016, 08:11 PM
so that's why you were begging for my pants again you pervert

Is that your butt crack or are you just happy to see us??? :)

calverton
10-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Now thats a real pervert looking at men's behind i guess in southern ind not many women to look at you perv

Barbecueboy
10-23-2016, 12:06 PM
Now thats a real pervert looking at men's behind i guess in southern ind not many women to look at you perv

Banned on the run.........^^^^^^^^^

Time for a redo please....

calverton
10-23-2016, 12:39 PM
yep time to ban bbq boy

slmcrewchief99
10-23-2016, 12:49 PM
Litey, if they ban BBQ, there won't be many left on here because the main core of people on here will leave. You are 1 of the reasons this board has gone to sh!t.

Barbecueboy
10-23-2016, 01:02 PM
yep time to ban bbq boy

Yes, please do.......

Barbecueboy
10-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Litey, if they ban BBQ, there won't be many left on here because the main core of people on here will leave. You are 1 of the reasons this board has gone to sh!t.

I was going to say, " the absolute 1 reason"............but it's just a guess.

formercrewguy
10-23-2016, 01:05 PM
Is it ok to get back to the original topic?

NO suit has been filed in NC yet. WRG/Eldora's lawyers say they DON'T expect it to be. That sounds like "settlement" to me.....

Barbecueboy
10-23-2016, 01:11 PM
Is it ok to get back to the original topic?

NO suit has been filed in NC yet. WRG/Eldora's lawyers say they DON'T expect it to be. That sounds like "settlement" to me.....

If the wrg are so sure it won't be refiled, then yes..........somebody got paid.

Deafening transparency , like always.

a25rjr
10-23-2016, 01:16 PM
One of my questions is if the 5 pay their fine, will it be considered by the court, an admission of guilt? If so, wrg may have the upper hand.

calverton
10-23-2016, 01:30 PM
and where does bshepp come in

dirtdobber45
10-23-2016, 03:16 PM
One of my questions is if the 5 pay their fine, will it be considered by the court, an admission of guilt? If so, wrg may have the upper hand.Im pretty sure it would give them the upper hand.

dirtdobber45
10-23-2016, 03:18 PM
and where does bshepp come inHe would be out since he dropped out. He pays his fines hes ok. Not sure about Best Motorsports

calverton
10-23-2016, 03:41 PM
the powers of wrg will determine that I suppose