PDA

View Full Version : Wallace driving experience

zyoung25
10-19-2016, 08:41 AM
This is for those that have done it. What did you drive? And was it worth it?

Please keep the negative $hit out of here.

MI Dirt Fan
10-19-2016, 09:02 AM
There was a post awhile back but it's probly 3-4 pages deep by now. Seems like there was mixed reactions. Until Old Fag hijacked it. ???There was a place that had coupons out for 1/2 price maybe but I don't remember where I seen it. Might have been Groupon???

*WEAVER*
10-19-2016, 10:06 AM
http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?362082-Did-the-Kenny-Wallace-Dirt-Experience-Today

SciotoCounty Slide Job
10-19-2016, 01:17 PM
I've done it twice in a late model at atomic speedway. First time was great, the car seemed to just roll over in the corners and I had no problem, 2nd time in a different car I fought it and could not get the car to drive. It just pushed through the corners no matter what I tried. Good people and a great experience just be patient.

callmez
10-19-2016, 01:27 PM
My recommendation is to get on their mailing list and jump on a discounted deal when it comes along. I drove a late model for 15 laps at Tazewell Speedway, have no racing experience so I was not doing much more than riding around and trying to get a feel for things. Definitely worth it and would do it again, particularly at a different track. The banking at Tazewell is over 30 degrees and that was pretty intense, I'm sure a track with less banking would be a completely different experience. Years ago I did a Richard Petty Experience at Las Vegas (asphalt of course) and while that was run in a more professional way, the dirt experience was much more fun for this dirt track fan.

MI Dirt Fan
10-19-2016, 01:36 PM
I checked on Groupon and they have some offers through there. A few were up to 55% off. You just buy it through Groupon, print the receipt out and bring it with you and present it to them or let them know ahead of time when you schedule. I believe is how it works or atleast how it did when I bought tickets for a museum a few yrs ago.

zyoung25
10-19-2016, 05:33 PM
I seen they were giving rides away for 89 bones, I got til tomorrow to decide what I'm gonna do.

Thanks for the input fellers.

non driving fool
10-19-2016, 07:29 PM
If you've never driven on dirt it will be the money you ever spent, go for it !

zyoung25
10-19-2016, 07:45 PM
I raced karts for several years. I wanted to do this last year but I had bad things then, and wondered if it would take a year or so to shake the bugs out of the program, so I didn't do it.

It still seems from that other thread it's mixed reviews, so I don't know yet.

callmez
10-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Do it. If people don't support it and it goes away, you'll wish you'd done it. Yeah they were having some car troubles the day I was there, but I got my turn and it was great.