PDA

View Full Version : Tandem pump rebuilds

TUFFY
10-23-2016, 11:47 AM
Have a KSE tandem pump I'd like to get rebuilt. Wondering who does these?
Any leads are appreciated. Thx.

SLM98
10-23-2016, 04:51 PM
Send it to KSE. They have always done me right. Just make sure your tank is vented.

CCHIEF
10-23-2016, 08:49 PM
X2, best way to go, I don't care much for the fuel side, but many use them and they work well, if yours has a definitive problem, fuel part damaged by methanol, your likely better off replacing the whole unit.

King1
10-24-2016, 07:02 PM
Mine had been ran dry because I had a servo leak so I had to have a new housing. For it and their tricked out reservoir it was 450 after they quoted me 550. I was satisfied.

FlatTire
10-25-2016, 01:27 PM
I've ran the same ole KSE tandem pump for 15yrs now. Used to run alcohol thru it, now days its gas. I've put a new plate in it due to alcohol corrosion and a new shaft when I mounted it on the back of the oil pump. Been an excellent piece. Zero problems. I always send it to KSE and have always been happy with their service.

billetbirdcage
10-25-2016, 03:03 PM
They aren't hard to rebuild at all, the biggest problem is people don't mark the plates for direction and assemble them wrong. Just take a punch or stamp and mark each section towards the front or back and all in line with each other, so you know which direction is forward or backwards. it's real easy to put one of the center sections in backwards and it won't pump fuel.