PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Lucas and Woo rookies

Cleetus Motorsports
10-24-2016, 05:14 PM
I know it is early, but has anyone heard or have any guesses on what rookies will be following either tour next year? I know this year Lucas only had 1, would love to see guys like Sanders, Alberson, Thornton Jr run full time on a tour just to see what they could do.

zach51
10-24-2016, 06:01 PM
Seeing as how the provisionals worked out so good for Flinner, I would imagine that would be pretty attractive to some of those guys. Unless there is something brewing I don't know about, I don't see Sanders pursuing either, same with Alberson. I don't know enough about the Thornton team to speculate.

Pennsboro23
10-24-2016, 07:08 PM
I don't have any insight on this but I would love to see Jared Hawkins run a tour in that Hudkins ride.

HoosierDirtFan
10-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see Satterlee & Zeigler eventually give it a shot on either tour.

dirtdobber45
10-24-2016, 08:17 PM
Id like to see Moran run. Maybe Marlar too

MI Dirt Fan
10-24-2016, 09:24 PM
Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens coming out of Florida.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-24-2016, 09:30 PM
Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens coming out of Florida.

Looks like you will

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-24-2016, 09:32 PM
Id like to see Moran run. Maybe Marlar too

Forget marlar unless his work schedule changes hes a hit and miss.

MI Dirt Fan
10-24-2016, 09:39 PM
Looks like you will

I know I will. So what's your point.

dirtdobber45
10-24-2016, 10:27 PM
I know I will. So what's your point.Its on the top of his head...lol...its so sharp he has to be careful not to jump indoors..he'll get stuck to the ceiling...lmfao

MI Dirt Fan
10-24-2016, 10:36 PM
Side show at the carnival. Kids try to throw and land rings on his head.

champion24
10-24-2016, 10:41 PM
Only Southern guy I can possibly come up with is Austin Smith. Runs a Capital and can travel woo with Clanton. Maybe? U know Joey Coulter did it!

bleedsbluer2
10-24-2016, 10:46 PM
Zac51 posted about provisionals for flinner you have to remember he didnt get any starting money unless he finished higher in the race than what the starting money was for that race so he didnt make much money but for who might run for r.o.y im thinking gavin landers or maybe nick hoffman

00Hdmn
10-25-2016, 07:28 AM
I don't have any insight on this but I would love to see Jared Hawkins run a tour in that Hudkins ride.

That could happen.... all they need is to switch motor programs and it could happen. He had like 5 motors built by custom blow in a month span, didn't even get to race really because of it. All they did was hit the Lucas shows since Jared has been in the car and he has the ability to run a series and Hudkins seems like he wants to race. I have said it before, give Jared a year on a national tour and he will turn heads like he started to do in his last year with Bobby Lake.

Ryan21mid
10-25-2016, 10:01 AM
I could see Pierce trying the WoO tour. I think the style of racing, competition, and tire rule fits their program better than Lucas. I could also see Satterlee jumping out on the Lucas tour. I expect Lucas to be a bit down and WoO on the rise. They'll more than likely lose JD so they're at 10 full-time guys (excluding Flinner), and who knows what's going on at CBR, Lucas really needs some more young talent. Two guys that I can see possibly giving it a thought but probably not riding the whole deal out are Devin Moran and Chris Simpson. I think with the financial support Devin could do the whole deal, maybe with BWRC they could make it happen. Chris probably needs to get his feet wet a little more before I could see him completing the whole thing but he's got the talent and equipment to do it. JMO!

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-25-2016, 10:55 AM
Zac51 posted about provisionals for flinner you have to remember he didnt get any starting money unless he finished higher in the race than what the starting money was for that race so he didnt make much money but for who might run for r.o.y im thinking gavin landers or maybe nick hoffman

Gavin Landers is light years away from being ready for a national tour.

dirtdobber45
10-25-2016, 11:17 AM
Gavin Landers is light years away from being ready for a national tour.Yeah Gavin needs more seat time maybe run a smaller series to get his feet wet

dirtdobber45
10-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Only Southern guy I can possibly come up with is Austin Smith. Runs a Capital and can travel woo with Clanton. Maybe? U know Joey Coulter did it!Chris Ferguson or maybe a crate racer like Cory Hedgec0ck

manwplan
10-25-2016, 11:41 AM

You would be only partially correct. If Flinner took a regular provisional he got paid the full purse for wherever he finished. If he took an emergency provisional he was paid for where he finished minus start money.

zach51
10-25-2016, 11:43 AM
Unless you have corporate sponsors that need the "national" visibility, I'm just not sure that the full scale touring series make much sense to 95% percent of the teams out there. People give Pierce a hard time for running some lower paying races but it doesn't take a genius to figure out winning a $5,000 race is better than running 3rd, 4th, or 5th at a regular WOO/Lucas event, and probably less wear and tear on your stuff. Sure, the glamour of WOO/Lucas is probably exciting for any driver but I just don't see how it can make sense for most of the guys we sit around and talk about "they should do this and they should do that". And as an earlier poster stated, Lucas definitely needs some younger talent. Other than Sheppard, they are all over 30 (I'm not counting Flinner). Take out JD and Landers, they are all over 40. Which is fine, but at some point there has to be some fresh blood getting on the tour bus.

Necrosis
10-25-2016, 12:18 PM
That could happen.... all they need is to switch motor programs and it could happen. He had like 5 motors built by custom blow in a month span, didn't even get to race really because of it. All they did was hit the Lucas shows since Jared has been in the car and he has the ability to run a series and Hudkins seems like he wants to race. I have said it before, give Jared a year on a national tour and he will turn heads like he started to do in his last year with Bobby Lake.Were they using the same oil pump the whole time? (sarcasm) But seriously, did they really blow 5 in a row? What was causing the failures? 1 or 2, sure, bad luck. But 5?

Ryan21mid
10-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Gavin Landers is light years away from being ready for a national tour.

I'll second that, Gavin has had the silver spoon for years and has yet to make any progress.

MI Dirt Fan
10-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Were they using the same oil pump the whole time? (sarcasm) But seriously, did they really blow 5 in a row? What was causing the failures? 1 or 2, sure, bad luck. But 5?

That's for sure. 1 is somewhat feasible, after two I'd be questioning some of the products we're using

TackyTracker
10-25-2016, 01:38 PM
really don't see Bobby changing and running either series

chupp n bloomer fan
10-25-2016, 05:28 PM
Were they using the same oil pump the whole time? (sarcasm) But seriously, did they really blow 5 in a row? What was causing the failures? 1 or 2, sure, bad luck. But 5?That has gotta be on Hudkins end, not Customs.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-25-2016, 05:31 PM
I could see Pierce trying the WoO tour. I think the style of racing, competition, and tire rule fits their program better than Lucas. I could also see Satterlee jumping out on the Lucas tour. I expect Lucas to be a bit down and WoO on the rise. They'll more than likely lose JD so they're at 10 full-time guys (excluding Flinner), and who knows what's going on at CBR, Lucas really needs some more young talent. Two guys that I can see possibly giving it a thought but probably not riding the whole deal out are Devin Moran and Chris Simpson. I think with the financial support Devin could do the whole deal, maybe with BWRC they could make it happen. Chris probably needs to get his feet wet a little more before I could see him completing the whole thing but he's got the talent and equipment to do it. JMO!Neither Devin nor Pierce because of the funding. Though with the World 100, and N/S, maybe Bobby picks up some cash to do a tour. Though with the truck thing, and the success he has running the schedule he is, I don't think I'd run a tour. Devin, not as successful nationally, but same deal. Personally, too much money in both their regions imo to run all over the country and not make more money more than likely.

zyoung25
10-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Jared didn't nuke an engine at Lawrenceburg, if thats one of the times you fellers are referring too. He got hot that night and busted a radiator hose. Florence they had valve train issues. I don't know about the rest.

I'd love to see Moran do it too. His old man isn't going to let anyone else touch that car other than the ones that are there now, and I don't blame him. The funding is going to have to come elsewhere for that happen.

klemmabyna
10-25-2016, 05:55 PM
tough decision to join a tour unless you have access to big $$$, although I would love to see some of the names mentioned give it a try..

outlaw (what some want to call "cherry picking") schedule make the most financial sense for 99% of racers.

jmo.

Wells Racing Photos
10-26-2016, 08:14 AM
Chris Ferguson or maybe a crate racer like Cory Hedgec0ck

Doubt the Hedgec0ck family is interested in a super series, they have done well with Nesmith and have an engine shop that stays busy.

Bubstr
10-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Unless you have corporate sponsors that need the "national" visibility, I'm just not sure that the full scale touring series make much sense to 95% percent of the teams out there. People give Pierce a hard time for running some lower paying races but it doesn't take a genius to figure out winning a $5,000 race is better than running 3rd, 4th, or 5th at a regular WOO/Lucas event, and probably less wear and tear on your stuff. Sure, the glamour of WOO/Lucas is probably exciting for any driver but I just don't see how it can make sense for most of the guys we sit around and talk about "they should do this and they should do that". And as an earlier poster stated, Lucas definitely needs some younger talent. Other than Sheppard, they are all over 30 (I'm not counting Flinner). Take out JD and Landers, they are all over 40. Which is fine, but at some point there has to be some fresh blood getting on the tour bus.

Well said Zach. Another thing is the empty note books for all the new tracks. This is probably one of the most important things missing for most new tour guys. Not having experience or base lines is hard to overcome.

00Hdmn
10-26-2016, 10:26 AM
That has gotta be on Hudkins end, not Customs.

Jimmy O has blown a few also.....