PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Babb

ptown
10-26-2016, 12:33 PM
Anybody know what his plans are next year, will he race more or get back on The Hell Tour?

I would think his supporters and sponsors would want to see him on the track more than he was this year.

Mams
10-27-2016, 06:56 AM
Does he have a regular job?

cmmg42
10-27-2016, 11:38 AM
I have always liked Shannon Babb. I'd like to see him kick A*S on the Lucas Oil Tour.

TackyTracker
10-27-2016, 12:19 PM
I have always like Babb & wonder maybe he can hook up with Moyer for next year and run his car

Shiny Side Up 18
10-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Does he have a regular job?I believe he farms.

t4g2
10-27-2016, 01:12 PM
We all wish he would get back with moyer but reality is I don't see him doing much different this coming year then he did last year. An really makes me wonder how much longer he will be racing since the end of this year he raced modifies so im pretty convinced he will be racing more of that this year and I hate him in a rocket chassis he hasn't been that good in thoses and hate to say it but like to see him in a bloomer chassis or his cousins chassis.

race14
10-27-2016, 05:10 PM
He only races for a living.

t4g2
10-28-2016, 11:39 AM
well if he only races for a living then he aint living as he didnt race much/work much then an also didnt make chit for $ this year like below minium wage lol as he had his worst year income wise than in many years.

cgrace
10-28-2016, 12:42 PM
SlydeJob18 would know. Was told by others Petroffs sponsor cover chassisandmotors. Goodluck I likewatchingBABB

cmonblue
10-28-2016, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't worry too much on Shannon's well being. Although he didn't run much on the Hell Tour, he ran 55 races this year versus 62 races last year. Let's don't forget there is a new baby in their life and for that reason alone he may have backed off some. He has an outstanding relationship with Ed Petroff and I believe he supports Shannon with every move. In terms of the modified, he ran one race in the modified and it was his brother-in-law's car. They live in the area and I think that they decided to let him jump in it since it was a $5,000 to win race.

Ryan21mid
10-28-2016, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't worry too much on Shannon's well being. Although he didn't run much on the Hell Tour, he ran 55 races this year versus 62 races last year. Let's don't forget there is a new baby in their life and for that reason alone he may have backed off some. He has an outstanding relationship with Ed Petroff and I believe he supports Shannon with every move. In terms of the modified, he ran one race in the modified and it was his brother-in-law's car. They live in the area and I think that they decided to let him jump in it since it was a $5,000 to win race.

He ran the mod at least 5 times. 3k at Farmer, 10k at FALS and Mod Mania.

ptown
10-28-2016, 04:17 PM

55 races, I figured more like 25 races.

t4g2
10-28-2016, 08:40 PM
1 shiny side up is from Peoria so how wud he know? 2 per Shannon's schedule he ran 40 times per his website. An yes he ran modifieds at least 5 times this year with more to come next year I bet. I know he has petroff but one sponsor won't make your year. I'm betting with baby that he got a ft job for health insurance an such. An a lot of races he made the consi but didn't come out for it.

calverton
10-28-2016, 08:43 PM
We all wish he would get back with moyer but reality is I don't see him doing much different this coming year then he did last year. An really makes me wonder how much longer he will be racing since the end of this year he raced modifies so im pretty convinced he will be racing more of that this year and I hate him in a rocket chassis he hasn't been that good in thoses and hate to say it but like to see him in a bloomer chassis or his cousins chassis. that modified was not his if you would look at the sponsors you see that

calverton
10-28-2016, 08:48 PM
He ran the mod at least 5 times. 3k at Farmer, 10k at FALS and Mod Mania. the mod at mod mania was a local car I think a driver out of factory stocks will drive it next year

race14
10-28-2016, 09:28 PM
Wow wth it was his brother-in-laws car Aaron Draege

Centeroff
10-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Babb races for a living no chit?

t4g2
10-29-2016, 10:53 AM
I know when he was teamed up with Moyer he raced for a living but I can't imagine now esp with family an baby their is no way. If that's the case then he worked 40 days last year so sign me up.

stewart fan
10-29-2016, 07:07 PM
Litey and tag2 same person

calverton
10-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Litey and tag2 same person not a chance

slydejob18
10-31-2016, 12:40 PM
Good thread Ptown. And cgrace, thanks for the props on info about Shannon..........but, I don't always know. What I do know, Shannon's most likely all about the hunting season and his family right now.

I missed my usual conversation with Shannon at Knoxville, but I know he was looking forward to having some fun in the modified. Yep, it's his brother-in-law's. And yep, he ran 5-6 times late in the year. He was super quick in the car but the results didn't always show it.

As for running the Hell Tour, that's a toss up. The Lucas Oil series? Probably not, running a full season points series hasn't interested him in quite a while.

As for the DLM, if I had to bet, you'll see Shannon continue racing for years to come. Cmonblue said it really well -- great with Petroff backing him, but also Donley Trucking, Hunting for Hope (Kreke), CJI, Kuebler Oil.......also Smash, Mudd's and B Auto Parts have been around a long time. He's a smart guy who's done a lot with his success and has a good network of support.

IMO -- You'll see a driver and team looking to rebound strong next year. Redemption is a great motivator. Plus, he's due.

Go 18!!

TackyTracker
10-31-2016, 12:42 PM
he's definitely due