PDA

View Full Version : How can you call it the World Finals?

dirty-white-boy
10-28-2016, 12:30 PM
No Bloomer, Davenport, Owens, Sheppard, Bobby Pierce ect. This race had the makings of the perfect storm. End of the season for all series yet car counts are going backwards. Maybe the payout should match the name more? I mean its cool that all 3 series are there but come on! Its the Late Models time to shine in front of them all.

Thoughts?

00Hdmn
10-28-2016, 12:42 PM
No Bloomer, Davenport, Owens, Sheppard, Bobby Pierce ect. This race had the makings of the perfect storm. End of the season for all series yet car counts are going backwards. Maybe the payout should match the name more? I mean its cool that all 3 series are there but come on! Its the Late Models time to shine in front of them all.

Thoughts?

Davenport is there, Bloomquist cant be there because of his on going lawsuit, Sheppard just split from Best Performance, Owens ride looks like it is changing and IMO the field is still solid for this time of year and no more money that these races pay.

MI Dirt Fan
I thought the World was at Eldora? Why call it the World Finals, no one is coming from around the world to race there.

Josh Bayko
Davenport is there, though he's not particularly fast.

Josh Bayko
10-28-2016, 12:45 PM
I thought the World was at Eldora? Why call it the World Finals, no one is coming from around the world to race there.

There are a few Australians there.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-28-2016, 12:52 PM

(Woo) world
(Last race of season) finals

World finals

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-28-2016, 12:54 PM
Davenport is there, though he's not particularly fast.

Jd is out to lunch. Hes not a happy camper. This will prolly be the end of the ride for him.

MI Dirt Fan
10-28-2016, 01:02 PM
There are a few Australians there.

I misspoke. From all around the world. Meaning Mexico China, UK, Brazil, etc all combined.

Same thing with the DTWC. It's not multiple drivers around the world racing against each other to be the sole World Champion. That's why I don't get like in the NBA for example they say World Champions. They didn't beat China, France, Canada etc during a title run.

Josh Bayko
10-28-2016, 01:25 PM
I misspoke. From all around the world. Meaning Mexico China, UK, Brazil, etc all combined.

Same thing with the DTWC. It's not multiple drivers around the world racing against each other to be the sole World Champion. That's why I don't get like in the NBA for example they say World Champions. They didn't beat China, France, Canada etc during a title run.

The NBA has a ton of international talent, though.

But in reality, the only countries that race the kinds of dirt cars that we do here in America are Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada and there's some TQ midget racing in Argentina. You couldn't really expect a whole world kind of vibe.

Josh Bayko
10-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Jd is out to lunch. Hes not a happy camper. This will prolly be the end of the ride for him.

That has been the worst kept secret in dirt racing.

t3r3e3
10-28-2016, 01:27 PM

Really? The US spanks those squads every Olympics and World Championships. The US has by far the best basketball, although Spain, the former Yugoslavia, Argentina, and Crance are usually decent. The NBA is easily the premiere basketball league in the world. All the best players from other countries end up here. Your argument is weak.

t3r3e3
10-28-2016, 01:31 PM
That has been the worst kept secret in dirt racing.

Probably mad that some team secrets might've ended up in Shinnston via consulting. Either way, JD will be fine. People act like he just magically appeared with the Rumleys. Davenport was knocking off 10-20k to win, 100 lappers in the Barry Wright house car before joining the black hole that is CBR.

Josh Bayko
10-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Probably mad that some team secrets might've ended up in Shinnston via consulting. Either way, JD will be fine. People act like he just magically appeared with the Rumleys. Davenport was knocking off 10-20k to win, 100 lappers in the Barry Wright house car before joining the black hole that is CBR.

I don't know that JD would be particularly justified to be upset at the Rocket stuff, though. I mean, it's not like one of those Rockets suddenly dominated the Lucas tour. He only raced against the one on a night in and night out basis, and in the end, he had a better year than that particular car anyways. And that's Rumley's business way more than it would be Davenport's.

t3r3e3
10-28-2016, 02:02 PM
I don't know that JD would be particularly justified to be upset at the Rocket stuff, though. I mean, it's not like one of those Rockets suddenly dominated the Lucas tour. He only raced against the one on a night in and night out basis, and in the end, he had a better year than that particular car anyways. And that's Rumley's business way more than it would be Davenport's.

Might have something to do with the fact they were on top, and on top by a fair bit. Then the guy in charge of technical wizardry takes that info to a chief national competitor. Why wouldn't JD be salty? That Rocket had arguably the best season of anyone this year, and ran like a 3 legged dog last year. 2015's most notable house car moment was probably Casey Roberts tuning up the driver. Fast forward
to 2016, get a consulting visit, and whaddya know, the Shinnston gang is back on top.

Clayton_Wetter
10-28-2016, 02:09 PM

No one comes from around the WORLD for any of these races.

Josh Bayko
10-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Might have something to do with the fact they were on top, and on top by a fair bit. Then the guy in charge of technical wizardry takes that info to a chief national competitor. Why wouldn't JD be salty? That Rocket had arguably the best season of anyone this year, and ran like a 3 legged dog last year. 2015's most notable house car moment was probably Casey Roberts tuning up the driver. Fast forward
to 2016, get a consulting visit, and whaddya know, the Shinnston gang is back on top.

He doesn't run against the house car on a regular basis. What the 1 does on the WoO tour has no bearing on what the 6 does on the Lucas tour. Sure, Sheppard is more or less Rocket's Lucas house car, but Davenport had a better year than him.

For all the talk about how Davenport had a "terrible" 2016, dude finished second in Lucas points and still won a pile of races. That's still a fantastic year by most standards. I mean, the only guys with more national touring wins than him are Josh Richards and Scott Bloomquist.

Hoosier_Dirt
10-28-2016, 02:23 PM
It's on FB the Rumley's are retiring. This is supposedly the last weekend for the #6

MRM
10-28-2016, 02:25 PM
World (of Outlaws) Finals. Final races for those series.

Centeroff
10-28-2016, 02:38 PM
JD is a wheel man. He will be fine. Last year one feature he drove the best race I ever seen him drive. Straight as an arrow and drove the car soooo smooth and with the throttle. Don't count him out just yet. He will be better the last feature than tonight. I hate to admit it but I spent a little time hanging out and talking to JD at Pittsburgh and Portsmouth and I'm a closet JD fan lol

Stede Bonnet
10-28-2016, 02:45 PM

Finally someone who speaks my language and has a clue.
Kudo's to you, Mate!

Cheers

Amen, the devil went down to Georgia and Casey Roberts tatoo'd his melon and sent him back to WV with a new outlook.

Nasty55
10-28-2016, 02:55 PM
JD is a wheel man. He will be fine. Last year one feature he drove the best race I ever seen him drive. Straight as an arrow and drove the car soooo smooth and with the throttle. Don't count him out just yet. He will be better the last feature than tonight. I hate to admit it but I spent a little time hanging out and talking to JD at Pittsburgh and Portsmouth and I'm a closet JD fan lol

You mean to tell you finally came out of the closet? lol who da thunk it old buddy lol.... Just giving ya a little sh!t is all... Have a fun weekend at chrlt...

KAOS
10-28-2016, 03:04 PM
I think they were trying to be like Rodeo/PBR with the whole World Finals thing, the only problem is in both of those you have earn your way in by being the top whatever in money earned/points, not just show up.

Stede Bonnet
10-28-2016, 03:10 PM
I think they were trying to be like Rodeo/PBR with the whole World Finals thing, the only problem is in both of those you have earn your way in by being the top whatever in money earned/points, not just show up.
The "Original" Hav A Tampa shootout was like that to start, you had to finish so well in prior series events to be eligible to run and then they allowed in the first 5 teams at the gate on race night. Back then I was helping on Leon Sells car and I sat outside the gate with his car from early in the morning till they opened. Jody Summerville was parked outside with us and he left to go eat or something and asked me to watch all the cars. Well some fans showed up from Mississippi I believe it was and they wanted a picture of his car and had me pose with it so they could say I was the driver or something. Good Times.

rickybrown1952
10-28-2016, 03:14 PM
It's on FB the Rumley's are retiring. This is supposedly the last weekend for the #6Are you serious right now if so who's page on fb

TackyTracker
10-28-2016, 03:20 PM
maybe JD secures the Best ride???

Hoosier_Dirt
10-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Jonathan Davenports FB. Its like the 2nd post down.

NormP
10-28-2016, 03:50 PM

Same thing can be said about the "World" 100.

Krooser
10-28-2016, 05:22 PM
World Finals, World 100, World Finals... call it anything you want. It's just a name and garners publicity. What if they called it the "Mecklenburg County Finals" bet that would light up this board....

dirtdobber45
10-28-2016, 05:38 PM
I thought the World was at Eldora? Why call it the World Finals, no one is coming from around the world to race there.Why are you being technical? Remember some of those parts on the cars arent 'American made' anymore...lol

dirtdobber45
10-28-2016, 05:40 PM
It's on FB the Rumley's are retiring. This is supposedly the last weekend for the #6Why would Kevin be at TWF advising TMac if theyre retiring?

dirtdobber45
10-28-2016, 05:48 PM
Jd is out to lunch. Hes not a happy camper. This will prolly be the end of the ride for him.Hes running bad and TMac is wearing em out? What a soap opera there..lol

Highside Hustler25
10-28-2016, 06:33 PM
Why would Kevin be at TWF advising TMac if theyre retiring?

Kevin was at Cherokee with Tim. I'm pretty sure he's with JD at Charlotte.

over4T
10-28-2016, 06:35 PM
....and baseball's World Series about 30 minutes from the start of game 3. Growing up in northeast Ohio I've got to pull for the Indians but certainly wouldn't feel too disappointed if the Cubs took the Series. They've suffered even longer than Cleveland has.

dirtdobber45
10-28-2016, 07:00 PM
The "Original" Hav A Tampa shootout was like that to start, you had to finish so well in prior series events to be eligible to run and then they allowed in the first 5 teams at the gate on race night. Back then I was helping on Leon Sells car and I sat outside the gate with his car from early in the morning till they opened. Jody Summerville was parked outside with us and he left to go eat or something and asked me to watch all the cars. Well some fans showed up from Mississippi I believe it was and they wanted a picture of his car and had me pose with it so they could say I was the driver or something. Good Times.I always liked their format to get in

Nasty55
10-29-2016, 12:26 AM
....and baseball's World Series about 30 minutes from the start of game 3. Growing up in northeast Ohio I've got to pull for the Indians but certainly wouldn't feel too disappointed if the Cubs took the Series. They've suffered even longer than Cleveland has.

Yeah over4T the game tonight was kind of a snoozer for the first 7 innings..... Actually the whole game was a snoozer lol.... Indians beat My home state team the Cubbies 1-0 to take a 2-1 lead in the series.....

chupp n bloomer fan
10-29-2016, 03:43 AM
Yeah over4T the game tonight was kind of a snoozer for the first 7 innings..... Actually the whole game was a snoozer lol.... Indians beat My home state team the Cubbies 1-0 to take a 2-1 lead in the series.....Go Tribe. I can't stay up for that sh!t, working way too much. You aren't from Ohio Nasty?

calverton
10-29-2016, 07:06 AM
why are you being technical? Remember some of those parts on the cars arent 'american made' anymore...lolbecause he is a ding dong

CIRF
10-29-2016, 07:54 AM
Yeah over4T the game tonight was kind of a snoozer for the first 7 innings..... Actually the whole game was a snoozer lol.... Indians beat My home state team the Cubbies 1-0 to take a 2-1 lead in the series.....Nasty, I commend you for having the good sense and foresight to get out of The Land O' Lincoln-high taxes-stupid laws and crooked politicians. Good move my friend!

I'm born, raised, have lived and made my living and will die in the home state of the chitcago cubs but I'm pullin' for Cleveland.

As far as the "World" Finals is concerned, it's probably a safe bet that the term "World" is used in conjunction with the fact that it's a World of Outlaws/WRG event rather than the whole world being represented.

I dare say that race fans from Europe, Asia and South America don't know and don't care about winged sprint cars, dirt late models and BB modified's. Most do well just to survive day to day.

MI Dirt Fan
10-29-2016, 08:50 AM
USA Nationals always sounded better

MI Dirt Fan
10-29-2016, 08:56 AM
Why are you being technical? Remember some of those parts on the cars arent 'American made' anymore...lol

Funny thing is you see stuff made in other countries and the people working for a $1 a day making it are probly thinking wtf is this? lol

They bought some large fans this past spring for work during the summer and they said made in China on them. Got me thinking about the kids or people working in the "sweat shops" for .50-$1 a day without fans, making and assembling fans.

dirtdobber45
10-29-2016, 09:04 AM
Nasty, I commend you for having the good sense and foresight to get out of The Land O' Lincoln-high taxes-stupid laws and crooked politicians. Good move my friend! What state aint like that? lol

Stede Bonnet
10-29-2016, 09:37 AM
What state aint like that? lol

Well if your lucky maybe you only have to deal with 2 outta 3, I'm guessing... Tennessee seems pretty good from what I hear. We had some craziness on our ballet this time(Georgia) where they were gonna amend the state constitution to allow the state to step in and help troubled schools who'd gone off track and their scores had fallen below a certain level. That part sounded okay. Then a democrat tagged on an extra stipulation that in the future other law makers could decide to take over any school at any time for whatever reason they deem suitable. What?! I don't think so, vote "NO" amendment 1 if you live in Georgia. Sorry for sidetrack, everyone can go back to complaining about the name of an event for the lamest of reasons, because they're bored and out of redbull.

CIRF
10-29-2016, 11:12 AM
What state aint like that? lolTo a certain extent your question is spot on, dd45.

I reckon every state in the union has some stupid laws and crooked politicians.

It's just that The Land O' Lincoln has had a few more than it's share of politicians locked up over the years, has the highest real estate taxes and the 3rd highest gas taxes in the nation. Despite all that Illinois has some of the worst schools, some of the worst roads and is further in debt than about any other state in the union.

Thank God we have some really good dirt tracks or otherwise the whole state would be a overtaxed, deep in debt wasteland! LOL!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-29-2016, 12:15 PM
Funny thing is you see stuff made in other countries and the people working for a $1 a day making it are probly thinking wtf is this? lol

They bought some large fans this past spring for work during the summer and they said made in China on them. Got me thinking about the kids or people working in the "sweat shops" for .50-$1 a day without fans, making and assembling fans.

How many of them kids are your!

Kwd1253
10-29-2016, 12:16 PM

Well it is some what jd business, JD helped rumley what can work what can't for car handling to rules. So yes I would be little upset too, putting time in to make the car better.

MI Dirt Fan
10-29-2016, 12:29 PM

Not even going to respond any further to your ignorant comment.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-29-2016, 12:47 PM

My bad
I dnt pay attn to poster. I thought it was dd45.

Nasty55
10-29-2016, 01:28 PM
Go Tribe. I can't stay up for that sh!t, working way too much. You aren't from Ohio Nasty?

Im from southern Illinois originally but have lived out here in Ohio for yrs..

t3r3e3
10-29-2016, 01:41 PM
To a certain extent your question is spot on, dd45.

I reckon every state in the union has some stupid laws and crooked politicians.

It's just that The Land O' Lincoln has had a few more than it's share of politicians locked up over the years, has the highest real estate taxes and the 3rd highest gas taxes in the nation. Despite all that Illinois has some of the worst schools, some of the worst roads and is further in debt than about any other state in the union.

Thank God we have some really good dirt tracks or otherwise the whole state would be a overtaxed, deep in debt wasteland! LOL!!

Illinois' main problem is the rest of the state gets to serve as welfare for Chicago. All the money gets sucked north, and all the anti gun laws penalize the rest of the state for having a bunch of thugs in the Windy City. Cut Chicago out of the state and Illinois would be just fine. The ag and property taxes would actually fix things around farm country instead of getting sucked into subsidized housing, political pork, etc.

Nasty55
10-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Illinois' main problem is the rest of the state gets to serve as welfare for Chicago. All the money gets sucked north, and all the anti gun laws penalize the rest of the state for having a bunch of thugs in the Windy City. Cut Chicago out of the state and Illinois would be just fine. The ag and property taxes would actually fix things around farm country instead of getting sucked into subsidized housing, political pork, etc.

Exactly my friend! It is the most corrupt state in the united states.... Just sayin...

Bubstr
10-29-2016, 02:19 PM
The good thing about Illinois putting Politicians in jail, is that's where they belong. Now get some of the other states to follow suit. So many of these politicians deserve jail time and only get a free ride to riches all across the country. Not that it has anything to do with the world finals.

calverton
10-29-2016, 04:02 PM
How can you call the world series what it is m besides its only a name

jog49
11-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Concern about the name identifies people with too much time on their hands and too little gray matter.

calverton
11-03-2016, 09:30 PM
and by the many post on this topic its so very true CIRF is top of the list

dirtdobber45
11-03-2016, 10:07 PM
My badI dnt pay attn to poster. I thought it was dd45.Ill plead the fifth...lmao

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Ill plead the fifth...lmao

Well well well. It took you long enough to find my post!

Clayton_Wetter
11-04-2016, 02:58 PM

SS is a member of the CALVERTON GANG. They are recruiting a few stupid men!!! lololololol